Gentrifying Black Culture

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section Interesting ...

1 month ago '21        #1
4079 page views
143 comments

FredoBangz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 950 950  Slaps total: 402 402
Gentrifying Black Culture

I was thinking about this the other day: what if we were able to completely obliterate the ghetto, hood component of black society? I ask because if you think about it, the typical dream for most black people is to escape poverty yet still be 'real' aka 'hood rich'. That's what's promoted in rap and movies; that you can have money, but still be relevant to the bottom-tier commoner lifestyle.

The problem with that is it's a lie. People of means don't want that around them and those like me from the bottom don't want to be a*sociated with that element either.

So what if, over time, those elements were quietly removed from blackdom and replaced with propaganda that instilled proper purpose and motive within our people? What if the 'hood' aesthetic was targeted and shown as completely undesirable to young, impressionable minds?
+68   

best
worst
143 comments

1 month ago '18        #2
antisocial100 
Props total: 15991 15 K  Slaps total: 4616 4 K
I just wanna become wealthy and drive back to the block from time to time , kick it with the young boys on the come up and show them it’s possible.
+33   

1 month ago '20        #3
confidential1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 48655 48 K  Slaps total: 2552 2 K
The hood element was instilled in our people after “the man” coopted hiphop and turned it against us....

Since then, the music has glorified the degradation of our people by our own people...

They weaponized this sh*t my G... fr fr

Last edited by confidential1; 05-15-2021 at 10:33 AM..
+105   

1 month ago '14        #4
Totheface 
Props total: 4225 4 K  Slaps total: 630 630
Good points. But it gotta b prosperous 4 us
+4   

1 month ago '21        #5
DTSelfKing 
Props total: 67 67  Slaps total: 5 5
That's why I'm excited for Kevin Samuels and his fame lately

He clearly calls athletes and rappers a different category since their money comes different, instead focus on the STEM based and intellectual and hard working blue collar guap. That's how this nonsense gets less tolerates

The thing is... these communities already exist and trey are living comfortably and they ain't worries, so just up to the rest to get him to it nd control that ethnic image!

+22   

1 month ago '05        #6
LBoogie2122  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 6966 6 K  Slaps total: 976 976
the hood is here to stay as long as women prefer government a*sistance and stay attracted to hood n*ggas

+46   

1 month ago '15        #7
Tully Blanchard 
Props total: 125386 125 K  Slaps total: 5389 5 K
 LBoogie2122 said
the hood is here to stay as long as women prefer government a*sistance and stay attracted to hood n*ggas

+9   

1 month ago '20        #8
Bighempin 
Props total: 7007 7 K  Slaps total: 901 901
I never grew up in the "hood" yes my community was predominantly blk but looking back was it the "hood" nah.
+27   

1 month ago '20        #9
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 40958 40 K  Slaps total: 3219 3 K
Before the crack era this pride of hood status was never a thing. It’s hard to mentally take many people out of that, it takes decades. From at least the 1970s to now in 2021, that’s 50+ years. There were always wealthy or being built black communities that get burnt to the ground
+44   

1 month ago '09        #10
jodyham 
Props total: 174 174  Slaps total: 33 33
 Blafy said
Before the crack era this pride of hood status was never a thing. It’s hard to mentally take many people out of that, it takes decades. From at least the 1970s to now in 2021, that’s 50+ years. There were always wealthy or being built black communities that get burnt to the ground
Yep

I’m reading a book on how people are taken over by pride and ego and use circumstances to create a sense of identity. The book explains how to remove yourself from your past and upbringing and to stop trying to find salvation in these things!
+20   

1 month ago '18        #11
JugHead 
Props total: 8566 8 K  Slaps total: 671 671

And it ain't no projects
Keeping it real is not an understood concept
Yeah, complexion's not a contest
'Cause racism has no context

Hip-hop ain't got a section called "Conscious"
Everybody rappin' like crack never happened
Crips never occurred no Bloods to attack them
Matter of fact no hood to attack in

Last edited by JugHead; 05-15-2021 at 07:05 AM..
+27   

1 month ago '12        #12
Steelgrip 
Props total: 28659 28 K  Slaps total: 1830 1 K
 FredoBangz said
I was thinking about this the other day: what if we were able to completely obliterate the ghetto, hood component of black society? I ask because if you think about it, the typical dream for most black people is to escape poverty yet still be 'real' aka 'hood rich'. That's what's promoted in rap and movies; that you can have money, but still be relevant to the bottom-tier commoner lifestyle.

The problem with that is it's a lie. People of means don't want that around them and those like me from the bottom don't want to be a*sociated with that element either.

So what if, over time, those elements were quietly removed from blackdom and replaced with propaganda that instilled proper purpose and motive within our people? What if the 'hood' aesthetic was targeted and shown as completely undesirable to young, impressionable minds?

The future would look better for sure.

+9   

1 month ago '13        #13
stranjadanja 
Props total: 8552 8 K  Slaps total: 1545 1 K
The problem is we a*sociate “the hood” with black culture. A culture is built on spirituality, economic resources, and language. “The hood” has none of that
+39   

1 month ago '12        #14
Steelgrip 
Props total: 28659 28 K  Slaps total: 1830 1 K
 jodyham said
Yep

I’m reading a book on how people are taken over by pride and ego and use circumstances to create a sense of identity. The book explains how to remove yourself from your past and upbringing and to stop trying to find salvation in these things!
What book is that?
+3   

1 month ago '16        #15
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 40021 40 K  Slaps total: 4302 4 K
 jodyham said
Yep

What's the name of the book?
+3   

1 month ago '13        #16
lb99 
Props total: 3444 3 K  Slaps total: 330 330
 jodyham said
Yep

What's the name of the book bruh?
+6   

1 month ago '21        #17
FredoBangz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
 stranjadanja said
The problem is we a*sociate “the hood” with black culture. A culture is built on spirituality, economic resources, and language. “The hood” has none of that
I agree. The problem is that our people, especially the youth segment, has nothing else to feel proud about than "being real" or "staying down". There's no room for maturation in a subsect that so tightly holds onto stereotypes and narratives meant to destroy us.
+8   

1 month ago '11        #18
Silencer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21292 21 K  Slaps total: 912 912
Status and levels are a big part of what drives this country.
+6   

1 month ago '21        #19
 DTSelfKing said
That's why I'm excited for Kevin Samuels and his fame lately

He clearly calls athletes and rappers a different category since their money comes different, instead focus on the STEM based and intellectual and hard working blue collar guap. That's how this nonsense gets less tolerates

The thing is... these communities already exist and trey are living comfortably and they ain't worries, so just up to the rest to get him to it nd control that ethnic image!

I only hope KS isn't just out here trying to enrich his pockets off the struggles of blackdom. It's easy to continually find fault, but harder to bring real resolution. I would love to see a show where he brings on examples of his FBI/CIA people to show that it's not just pie-in-the-sky idealism propping up his platform.
+4   

1 month ago '21        #20
 antisocial100 said
I just wanna become wealthy and drive back to the block from time to time , kick it with the young boys on the come up and show them it’s possible.
You can do that now, without the foreign car.

1 month ago '19        #21
blackadamwarloc  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 19782 19 K  Slaps total: 3749 3 K
slapped— this is obvious a weirdo troll white boy thread

question— do u live in the hood? have u ever? Homie talking about ethnically cleansing entire neighborhoods of hardworking Black folks and MFs on here agreeing with this nonsense

is ur thinking only limited to Black people in the hood Dylan? U realize trailer trash white women get more welfare benefits than anybody else right...?

slapped irl if I could

+16   

1 month ago '16        #22
btexpress7 
Props total: 2436 2 K  Slaps total: 530 530
 FredoBangz said

This would be a great short film
+3   

1 month ago '20        #23
itsthekid123  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5299 5 K  Slaps total: 665 665
the problem is, the world most black professionals live in, is the white man's world

i feel like a lot of 9 to 5'ers have to 'bend the knee' to white ppl society

keep up with billy, play tennis, go skiing that sort of thing, in order to get ahead. it's exactly what the movie 'get out' was about

if thats your thing do it, but a lot of us from the hood wasn't raised that way and don't see the appeal in that. i'm not losing my cultural identity no matter how much money i get, especially cuz white ppl (Kim k, miley, billy eilish, justin beiber, post malone, etc.) all want to be us

idk i might sound ignorant as fu*k to ya but i mean no disrespect
+14   

1 month ago '16        #24
ELAH MENTAT 
Props total: 19043 19 K  Slaps total: 1347 1 K
 blackadamwarloc said
slapped— this is obvious a weirdo troll white boy thread

question— do u live in the hood? have u ever? Homie talking about ethnically cleansing entire neighborhoods of hardworking Black folks and MFs on here agreeing with this nonsense

is ur thinking only limited to Black people in the hood Dylan? U realize trailer trash white women get more welfare benefits than anybody else right...?

slapped irl if I could

1.5 Trillion in buying power and idiots talking about the hood...

Black people are not doing as bad as people want to market us as...

More weird people more crime...
More weird people more welfare...
More weird people more hate...

+8   

1 month ago '19        #25
blackadamwarloc  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 19782 19 K  Slaps total: 3749 3 K
 ELAH MENTAT said

1.5 Trillion in buying power and idiots talking about the hood...

Black people are not doing as bad as people want to market us as...

More weird people more crime...
More weird people more welfare...
More weird people more hate...

right I’m confused dog—

statistically, the majority of Black people aren’t living in poverty (hoods) and for the people who are it’s a lot grinding every day to create a better situation for themselves and their kids—

so when I see this goofy say “obliterate the hoods but leave the fat double wide living white lady with welfare babies running around everywhere”

I already know what time it is

+13   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+557online now  34
Announcer ready to risk it all after seeing chick in the stands
267 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+62online now  23