Chris Rock Reveals His Heartbreaking Final Moments With Chris Farley

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '18        #1
2754 page views
35 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x90
Props total: 113830 113 K  Slaps total: 5224 5 K
Chris Rock Reveals His Heartbreaking Final Moments With Chris Farley

"Although comedian Chris Farley died at the young age of 33, his legacy has lived on thanks to his iconic Saturday Night Live skits, his unforgettable movie roles, and his friends sharing hilarious anecdotes of their time together. But recently, Farley's former SNL co-star and close friend Chris Rock shared a darker memory of Farley, who died of a drug overdose in 1997. In a new interview with Esquire, he shared the last time he saw his friend. Read on to find out what made Rock realize Farley's life was nearing its end.

Robert Smigel Defends Chris Farley Chippendales Sketch on 'SNL' | THR News
Rock recalled when he knew he'd never see Farley again.

During an interview for Esquire's "Explain This," published on May 11, Rock was asked about an old photo that featured him, Farley, Adam Sandler, and David Spade. "This was a great day," Rock said before explaining that the picture was taken in Los Angeles one night after he performed on his first big comedy tour. Many Hollywood stars came out to catch the show—Rock even name-dropped Madonna and Richard Pryor as both being in the audience, too.

But the picture also brought up a heartbreaking memory for Rock. "This looks like one of the last times I saw Chris alive," said Rock. "I would see him one more time when I did a gig in Chicago. We tried to hang out afterward, but… I don't know if you've ever really hung out with an addict towards the end. Anything that isn't the drug is a chore."

He recalled instinctively knowing that time he spent with Farley would be their last together. "I remember I was at his apartment… I leave, I see him out the window, and I was like, 'That's probably the last time I'm going to see him.' Like I knew,'" said Rock.

Rock, Farley, Sandler, and Spade shared an office at 30 Rockefeller Plaza and came to be known as "the Bad Boys of SNL," along with Rob Schneider, in the early 1990s. Rock recalled that the men referred to their office as a dorm.

"We're friends to this day. I love those guys," Rock said of Sandler and Spade. The castmates went on to star in films together, with Rock and Sandler appearing in comedies like Grown Ups and The Longest Yard, while Spade and Farley teamed up for hits like Tommy Boy and Black Sheep.

After years of battling alcohol and drug addiction, Farley died of a morphine and cocaine overdose in Dec. 1997. In the years since, Rock, Sandler, Spade, and more SNL stars have continued to keep Farley's memory alive. In 2018, Sandler wrote and performed a song dedicated to Farley on his Netflix special Adam Sandler: 100% Fresh and sang it again when he hosted SNL in 2019.

When a photo of Rock and Sandler side by side in their 2018 film The Week Of popped up during the Esquire interview, Rock referred to Sandler as one of his closest friends. He went on to explain that the two comedians who ended up being SNL co-stars got their start together before that at a comedy club in New York.

Although Rock admitted he wanted to dislike Sandler at first because he was fast-tracked to a prime slot in the lineup, he couldn't deny how funny he was, and the two became fast friends. Rock called Sandler a genius and one of the best writers he knows. And he also said his favorite memory of Sandler is him dancing with his aunt at his wedding. "I just fell in love with him," Rock recalled.

visit this link https://bestlifeonline.co .. -chris-farley/
+36   

best
worst
35 comments

1 month ago '20        #2
GarykingOftheD  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 7806 7 K  Slaps total: 385 385
fu*k drugs

+35   

1 month ago '06        #3
new2hiphop 
Props total: 61748 61 K  Slaps total: 4192 4 K
Comedy is hard bruh really tough.
Rock a legend
+16   

1 month ago '12        #4
FrescoB  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 50360 50 K  Slaps total: 8273 8 K
Crazy how over the years we've come to appreciate Adam Sandler
+26   

1 month ago '21        #5
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 6552 6 K  Slaps total: 1489 1 K
Watched a ton of chris Farley documentaries , dude just seemed like he wanted to be accepted

fu*k that prostitute that took photos of him while he was dead too smh
+31   

1 month ago '04        #6
ddash 
Props total: 37779 37 K  Slaps total: 2694 2 K
yea Drugs<<
+4   

1 month ago '20        #7
Chern 
Props total: 212 212  Slaps total: 2 2
I had that sense with a friend that passed. Felt like he was right on that line. It’s hard because you can’t do enough in that moment. Short of having them committed or something. Just no stopping that spiral sometimes
+4   

1 month ago '04        #8
Hardkore  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 12266 12 K  Slaps total: 1002 1 K
I remember my dad dropping off my older brother and me to watch “Beverly hills ninja” back in early 1997.

I think that was his second or third to last movie before Chris Farley died in dec. 1997.

Man was funny as heck. Sux he lets drugs overtake him.

1 month ago '08        #9
cristiansed101 
Props total: 3067 3 K  Slaps total: 474 474
I just hit a line while reading this

1 month ago '04        #10
Stadium 
Props total: 3061 3 K  Slaps total: 272 272
This cut me a little deep, lost one of my best friends from College last year to addiction.

He’d been battling a long time and COVID was the straw that broke the camels back. I wish I did more to help him
+8   

1 month ago '04        #11
!!!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 109312 109 K  Slaps total: 17731 17 K
Just lost a friend yesterday due to a bad mix of pills. Life comes at your fast. Hug your loved ones.
+18   

1 month ago '11        #12
Silencer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21048 21 K  Slaps total: 898 898
Rip
+3   

1 month ago '18        #13
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 59294 59 K  Slaps total: 4752 4 K
People on drugs are a chore, first they start making you feel that they want to change you put alot effort and they end up back on the high, I lost a homie to the streets and nothing I did helped.
+5   

1 month ago '15        #14
RickJamez 
Props total: 8572 8 K  Slaps total: 1599 1 K
 FrescoB said
Crazy how over the years we've come to appreciate Adam Sandler
I liked his movies when I was a kid, when got older allot of them became corny.
His new movies aren't bad.
+3   

1 month ago '18        #15
Raymon 
Props total: 2563 2 K  Slaps total: 133 133
Best comedy crew, honestly think is great how good all of them are close and real friendship, everyone breaks bread with each other and makes things happen together....the only crew I can point out that were like that are Joe Rogan and Seth green... Even tho maybe publicly seem like everyone stepped away from Chris and Callen because of the cancellation,Bryan coming back slowly and Seth seems like he completely blocked off James Franco.... So yeah best comedy crew goes to these guys r.i.p Farley made me laugh alot as a young kid
+1   

1 month ago '05        #16
Tonero 
Props total: 10041 10 K  Slaps total: 2575 2 K
This is why i stay away from that white , i dont know where ill end up. At a point weed became bad enough , 14 days into my 90 day detox , no fap no chronic , need that dopamine reset for real.
+4   

1 month ago '21        #17
 Tonero said
This is why i stay away from that white , i dont know where ill end up. At a point weed became bad enough , 14 days into my 90 day detox , no fap no chronic , need that dopamine reset for real.
Weed isn’t so bad in moderation

1 month ago '18        #18
Mr Tibbs 
Props total: 19313 19 K  Slaps total: 1976 1 K
 FrescoB said
Crazy how over the years we've come to appreciate Adam Sandler’s
Sandler been down since The Cosby Show.
+4   

1 month ago '12        #19
Steelgrip 
Props total: 28596 28 K  Slaps total: 1701 1 K
I remember when he died. Me and my pops used to watch his movies.

1 month ago '11        #20
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 59764 59 K  Slaps total: 10926 10 K
Chris Farley was that dude look like he had fun
drugs is a mutha*ucka

1 month ago '05        #21
Tonero 
 Jonny2soxs said
Weed isn’t so bad in moderation
Yea I k*lled it. I smoked heavy cause I love that sh*t . My body needs a break.

I'll be back tho
+4   

1 month ago '21        #22
 Tonero said
Yea I k*lled it. I smoked heavy cause I love that sh*t . My body needs a break
Man if you smoked right now that sh*t would hit you hard

1 month ago '16        #23
MacFrugal  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6139 6 K  Slaps total: 919 919
“Heartbreaking final moments” man if u don’t

Ain’t sh*t heartbreaking about chris farley being dead or whatever led up to it or whatever has happened since

1 month ago '05        #24
Tonero 
 Jonny2soxs said
Man if you smoked right now that sh*t would hit you hard
Ya man , really looking forward to the next time.

1 month ago '21        #25
TreueBlutEhre 
Props total: 4176 4 K  Slaps total: 424 424
Legend, them speedballs will get anyone tho
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+38online now  10
Video inside When Flexing your scam money on the gram goes wrong.
144 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+20online now  9
Image(s) inside The Cost of Living in 1970 (Pre hip-hop days)
44 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-24online now  9
If I'm Jalen Rose, I am banging Maria Taylor
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+54online now  5
Aaron Gordon