Pop Warner condemns and investigates viral violent youth football collision

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 month ago '04        #1
3460 page views
115 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 5427 5 K  Slaps total: 759 759
Pop Warner condemns and investigates viral violent youth football collision

The youth football organization Pop Warner is investigating a video that went viral on social media this week showing a helmet-to-helmet collision during a practice drill that left one youngster laid out on the turf, according to a report.

“We are deeply disturbed by this video and are investigating. If, in fact, it was Pop Warner coaches leading these drills, we will take action,” Pop Warner spokesperson Brian Heffron told Fox News. “What we saw was dangerous and, frankly, offensive to the overwhelming majority of our coaches who teach the sport the right way. We expect every coach to adhere to mandated training and focus on the proper, safe progressions of tackling techniques, including practice against dummies, particularly at such a young age. Over the past 10 years Pop Warner has instituted a number of player safety rules, and this example runs counter to our practices.”

The original video has more than 6 million views on Twitter and was published by user @zeekncashe with the comment “Are they too young to be doing this drill?”

USA Football – the sport’s national governing body – certainly thinks so.

“This is against everything that we in football stand for and has no place in our game — it is an affront to the millions of moms and dads who coach youth football with the greatest care for their kids,” a USA Football spokesman told Fox News.”

“USA Football’s Recommendations for Youth Play, endorsed by national sports medicine leaders, strongly prohibits what was seen here. Since 2012, more than 700,000 youth coach certifications have been completed through USA Football. This video distorts how today’s youth football should be taught and played, which is safer and smarter than at any time in its 90-plus year history.”

The video sparked outrage among former NFL players – many of whom are fathers – toward the unknown coaches. The connection between head injuries suffered in football and degenerative brain conditions such as CTE sparked a $1 billion lawsuit settlement by the NFL for retired players in 2016 and revolutionized rules and practice methods at all levels.

Here is a sampling of the angry reaction toward the eight-second video:

Former Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder wrote on Twitter, “This is child abuse. I know dozens of all pro/hall of fame players that didn’t play til they were 10+ years old. You aren’t helping ur kids. Whatever coach set up this drill for these babies needs to be fired and I would like to do this drill against him on his way out.”

Former Jets center Damien Woody wrote, “This is absolutely ridiculous by the coach.”

Former Giants offensive lineman Geoff Schwartz wrote, “This isn’t funny at all. This culture at the youth level needs to change.”

Former Eagles receiver Torrey Smith wrote, “Attention all parents! If your kid is doing this drill. Take your child off the field and don’t go back to those stupid coaches. Coaches like this aren’t safe and ruin the image of football.”

Former Steelers linebacker James Harrison — who was suspended for one game and fined $125,000 for a hit on defenseless quarterback Colt McCoy during a 2011 game — used two angry face emojis and wrote, “This right here is EXACTLY why I wouldn’t let my boys play tackle until I was done playing — so I could be there to make sure they were being taught the right way. Where’s the standards & regulations for who’s ‘coaching’ our young kids. This is a set up from the start, they knew damn well what was about to happen!”

visit this link https://nypost.com/2021/0 .. ootball-video/
+19   

best
worst
115 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
MHP Trotty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 98923 98 K  Slaps total: 13732 13 K
Football as we’ve known it is headed for extinction.

The violence that comes with certain instances of contact between a ball carrier and defender is not being tolerated on any level. These kids are young, but that’s how a lot of us developed the love for football. You gotta be a lil crazy to play this sport.

1 month ago '04        #3
ddash 
Props total: 38918 38 K  Slaps total: 2760 2 K
CTE before 5
+74   

1 month ago '11        #4
Broseph Stalin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 45587 45 K  Slaps total: 3825 3 K
kid could’ve snapped his neck or dislocated his shoulder. Just let them play flag
+77   

1 month ago '19        #5
bxneedsme 
Props total: 2853 2 K  Slaps total: 295 295
no need for a kid that young to get his head rocked
+89   

1 month ago '20        #6
RockyII 
Props total: 9660 9 K  Slaps total: 1288 1 K
 MHP Trotty said

The violence that comes with certain instances of contact between a ball carrier and defender is not being tolerated on any level. These kids are young, but that’s how a lot of us developed the love for football. You gotta be a lil crazy to play this sport.
That’s completely bad form.. that’s a coaching problem. If you aren’t teaching them fundamentals and proper tackling form.. fu*k off
+39   

1 month ago '12        #7
44wade  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 27014 27 K  Slaps total: 9118 9 K
Not for anything it's not just the drill.

Those weren't two well matched kids.

Runner looked like athletic bigger kid

Defender looked like not.
+38   

1 month ago '11        #8
Brolicballer13 
Props total: 7067 7 K  Slaps total: 363 363
Nothing to investigate we all saw the tape
Just correct the kid and tell him not to lead with the head anymore
+13   

1 month ago '09        #9
29 26 
Props total: 7046 7 K  Slaps total: 840 840
Pop Warner finna get canceled, fu*k it. If your a baller, your a baller, it’ll show in high school when it matters most.
+24   

1 month ago '19        #10
blackadamwarloc  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 19916 19 K  Slaps total: 3772 3 K
these same parents will wonder why their kid can’t read or count past 25

there’s a lot of smart athletes... but they might be that way in spite of the massive repeat head trauma sustained since they started playing
+20   

1 month ago '05        #11
TonyCartagena 
Props total: 55024 55 K  Slaps total: 9120 9 K
Little Mans Body Moved The Same Way GTA5 Characters Look When They Get Hit By A Car

+14   

1 month ago '19        #12
KeyserSoze  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11342 11 K  Slaps total: 1891 1 K
"you're good get up"

+30   

1 month ago '06        #13
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32161 32 K  Slaps total: 4588 4 K
Na that’s wild.

Those parents/coaches seriously need to be evaluated. At that point they’re doing it for their own entertainment.
+31   

1 month ago '05        #14
hbk83 
Props total: 18283 18 K  Slaps total: 4044 4 K
When I was younger no This was what the first level years were. I got hit like this a couple times and dished it out as well. Now that I’m older and I see the damage it causes to some people I say yes, they are too young to be participating in contact sports like this. You can fu*k someone’s head up for life
+20   

1 month ago '16        #15
ghoti 
Props total: 1620 1 K  Slaps total: 117 117
That's crazy. Lil man's body still developing, plus at this age they still trying to get coordination down. This type of drill left for the older kids, lil dude going to end up in special ed drooling all over himself if he keeps getting hit like that.

+5   

1 month ago '18        #16
Most Palone 
Props total: 14010 14 K  Slaps total: 1041 1 K
If anyone played pop Warner and remember the pit

Y’all know this is light lol iykyk
+11   

1 month ago '05        #17
Carpe_DM 
Props total: 5157 5 K  Slaps total: 602 602
 Brolicballer13 said
Nothing to investigate we all saw the tape
Just correct the kid and tell him not to lead with the head anymore
n*gga he looked 7
+2   

1 month ago '15        #18
AlmightySae 
Props total: 4671 4 K  Slaps total: 975 975
I’ve been saying it and Ima say it again. fu*k parents who fu*king put their kids in organized sports to try to vigorously live through their kids. fu*king losers. No kid in the fu*king world decided to one day wake up and do practice drills like this.
+10   

1 month ago '06        #19
titanreese 
Props total: 2450 2 K  Slaps total: 189 189
This is the part of football that needs to change. Form tackling needs to start at this age, not whatever the fu*k this is.
+12   

1 month ago '20        #20
Christ Like 
Props total: 7520 7 K  Slaps total: 6452 6 K
 Most Palone said

everyone gets hit hard in pop warner at least once or twice every season

this is just a part of growing up playing sports

1 month ago '18        #21
Mr Tibbs 
Props total: 19611 19 K  Slaps total: 2017 2 K
we looking at a future a marine biologist.
+8   

1 month ago '15        #22
AmillionMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 25626 25 K  Slaps total: 7480 7 K
Head trauma is real. You gotta blame the NFL for this though, not the coach. My unborn son ain't playing this sh*t...
+14   

1 month ago '04        #23
D1nOnlyMrM@  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17440 17 K  Slaps total: 2678 2 K
 Most Palone said

Right. Going head up was a sign of your toughness. Strsngely I quit because I hate people slapping my helmet after touchdowns. Gave me bad headaxhes
+3   

1 month ago '17        #24
dubsax 
Props total: 51409 51 K  Slaps total: 4272 4 K
 MHP Trotty said

not really they will change the helmet and take away the face mask which will help. It will look more like LFL helmets.

Having a facemask give a false sense of security take it away and you get better form tackling
+3   

1 month ago '20        #25
BuiltForThis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 12593 12 K  Slaps total: 23951 23 K
fu*k that lil kid.

It’s these lil runts like that one that are growing up to be 5’7 130 and under and they crybaby a*s parents ruining youth sports.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  16
Jun 22 - Wingstop turns to chicken thighs to combat wing shortage, price surge
145 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-65online now  9
Video inside Tasha K EXPOSES Young Buck Is Broke & Living w/ His HIV Positive TR@NSG..
159 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+70online now  6
Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf Offers to help Ben Simmons' shooting struggles.
77 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-108online now  5
Signs that you a pretty n*gga
165 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy