Resident Evil 8..... My Honest Opinion

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+37  46
73 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #1
3025 page views
144 comments

PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 72555 72 K  Slaps total: 19421 19 K
Resident Evil 8..... My Honest Opinion

As a HUGE resident evil fan (Code Veronica being my favorite and the last REAL RE game imo) RE8 is a complete letdown.

The characters are lazy, the story seems like they were struggling during production to make a story make sense as they went.

The search quests were a chore. Itís like that basically all the gameplay was. I know thatís part of the RE franchise, but here, with a weak story, backtracking becomes boring and u just wanna get the sh*t over with.

The weapons are very very basic. And I didnít even feel a need to upgrade. I did, but you canít tell the difference

The enemies are uninspired. And also bullet sponges. 5 head shots???? Smh

The game literally becomes COD. No joke. It becomes a COD duty game.....

The game looks ok, and sounds ok, I played it on PS4, so Iím not sure I canít really have an opinion on graphics and sound

RE8 seems like an original game, that capcom thought would be BETTER if they just throw the RE name on it. Game shoulda just been called VILLAGE and itís own franchise.

Overall, 5/10
+9   

best
worst
144 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
Novii 
Props total: 7253 7 K  Slaps total: 1189 1 K
Gawt Dayum! Is this about to be the next big polarized game? People on Reddit saying it’s the best in the series. Some people saying it’s absolute pretty-looking trash.

Need to hear from more people that beat it
+3   

1 month ago '20        #3
Max Mayhem 
Props total: 4440 4 K  Slaps total: 506 506
 Novii said
Gawt Dayum! Is this about to be the next big polarized game? People on Reddit saying it’s the best in the series. Some people saying it’s absolute pretty-looking trash.

People on reddit think every walking simulator with limited gameplay is a masterpiece. Those people arent gamers, they're casuals that just want to be down with the culture

+6   

1 month ago '21        #4
RagnarRogers225 
Props total: 4736 4 K  Slaps total: 932 932
I was waiting on a sell after they robbed me in resident evil 3

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #5
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9 OP
 Novii said

It just doesn’t come off as a resident evil game. I’ll say this, if someone saw u playing this, they would think it’s DOOM.

When I say I’m a RE fan, I mean it

This game just doesn’t live up to it. But I always play a game at least 3 times. So it may change. But for now, 5/10

Last edited by PackerTrelli3; 05-12-2021 at 07:09 AM..
+17   

1 month ago '19        #6
World Wide Pleb 
Props total: 5224 5 K  Slaps total: 726 726
I agree with OP, this one was a huge let down (for a game part of the Resident Evil series)

1 month ago '08        #7
stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 10798 10 K  Slaps total: 1749 1 K
 PackerTrelli3 said
It just doesnít come off as a resident evil game. Iíll say this, if someone saw u playing this, they would think itís DOOM.

When I saw Iím a RE fan, I mean it

This game just doesnít live up to it. But I always play a game at least 3 times. So it may change. But for now, 5/10
I loved it bro, best in the series, however, it was a bit long for me, but the story is what captivated me. Im excited about the next entry.
+4   

1 month ago '14        #8
LocdUpProd 
Props total: 11869 11 K  Slaps total: 1663 1 K
It’s legit RE4
+4   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #9
 LocdUpProd said
Itís legit RE4
You mean as far as settings right???

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #10
 stead21 said
I loved it bro, best in the series, however, it was a bit long for me, but the story is what captivated me. Im excited about the next entry.
The story coulda been its own story tho. Like the start of a new series or franchise..... even if 7 was its own game, and this was the sequel.

But calling it resident evil. When it’s not resident evil...

It’s like how Devil may Cry was supposed to be RE4, but they saw the direction of it and said “yo we can make this a new series!!!! Not resident evil”. And look at how dope DMC it became as a brand.

The same shoulda been done here. Starting with 7. Simply called “Village”. People hold that’s RE tag to a standard.... which is why folks didn’t like 6 or raccoon city.

1 month ago '15        #11
gemini8686  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 28914 28 K  Slaps total: 7861 7 K
I loved this game and I’m on my second play through in hardcore. I guess it’s just not for you.

With that being said, I hope the next one is in third person. I love Chris though
+2   

1 month ago '08        #12
stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 10798 10 K  Slaps total: 1749 1 K
 PackerTrelli3 said
The story coulda been its own story tho. Like the start of a new series or franchise..... even if 7 was its own game, and this was the sequel.

But calling it resident evil. When itís not resident evil...

Itís like how Devil may Cry was supposed to be RE4, but they saw the direction of it and said ďyo we can make this a new series!!!! Not resident evilĒ. And look at how dope DMC it became as a brand.

The same shoulda been done here. Starting with 7. Simply called ďVillageĒ. People hold thatís RE tag to a standard.... which is why folks didnít like 6 or raccoon city.
I was disappointed in the bosses themselves, I felt lile Lady Dimitrescu was just eye candy and wasn't essential to the story line. My favorite was Donna Beneviento, sh*t was like Silent Hill, and you couldn't use your weapons. I also like that it didn't feel like the older resident evil games. Other RE games towards the end you will end up in some labs.
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #13
 RagnarRogers225 said
I was waiting on a sell after they robbed me in resident evil 3
Whatchu mean?

1 month ago '08        #14
J_Clarity13 
Props total: 12040 12 K  Slaps total: 1648 1 K
I was about to buy it on stadia. Since I don't have a PC right now. Good I didn't.

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #15
 gemini8686 said
I loved this game and Iím on my second play through in hardcore. I guess itís just not for you.

With that being said, I hope the next one is in third person. I love Chris though
I normally run games back once Iíve forgotten about it. Or else it would just feel like a speed run. So imma give it another 3-4 months. If standard took 10 shots to k*ll, I can only imagine hardcore

And I think they are doing a trilogy for 7,8 and 9 as first person shooters. It would make sense.

But did u love the game as a RE game? As in part of the RE story??

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #16
 stead21 said
I was disappointed in the bosses themselves, I felt lile Lady Dimitrescu was just eye candy and wasn't essential to the story line. My favorite was Donna Beneviento, sh*t was like Silent Hill, and you couldn't use your weapons. I also like that it didn't feel like the older resident evil games. Other RE games towards the end you will end up in some labs.
Yea that sh*t about lady Dimi is true. It left me confused like ďnah...... no way.... really???!Ē

And fu*k that Donna sh*t was creepy as hell!! I thought that level on max Payne was somethin.

Lol I will admit, that was the best part in RE8.... I wonder why that wasnít the selling point
+1   

1 month ago '15        #17
 PackerTrelli3 said
I normally run games back once I’ve forgotten about it. Or else it would just feel like a speed run. So imma give it another 3-4 months. If standard took 10 shots to k*ll, I can only imagine hardcore

And I think they are doing a trilogy for 7,8 and 9 as first person shooters. It would make sense.

Yea I did love it. I hated on 7 when it first came out. Then I played it and I loved it. This umbrella sh*t goes deep. We see how Spencer got the idea from umbrella.

We got Ethans conclusion with closure on how Ethan is the way that he is.

Now we need to find out how chris is with New Umbrella and not down with the BSAA(I didn’t play 6 because it was horrible. They probably explained that.)

The bosses are amazing in village. Shout out to Heisenberg lol.

Last edited by gemini8686; 05-11-2021 at 09:52 PM..

1 month ago '12        #18
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 169840 169 K  Slaps total: 9985 9 K
 stead21 said
I thought the problem was that it was too short, I think my final play time was 7 hours and 48 minutes on the hardest difficulty

I loved the atmosphere, the "House Bienvientto"(I know I spelled that sh*t wrong lol) was dope as fu*k to me. That was probably the best part of the game followed by the first couple hours. I feel like the real problem was the emphasis on the tall chick in all of the marketing when that really ain't what..I'll stop before spoilers

The game was good to me..I'm a huge horror fan so I could see where Capcom was throwing all kinds of respect to old school horror films...like the little old lady in the village who had no fear about the evil in the village - she resembled the old man off the friday the 13th flick that was telling the people about the story of Jason, the f*ght with the big metal.....spoiler...felt like a twisted homage to Maximum Overdrive, the obvious American Werewolf in Paris stuff, lot of respect paid to japanese horror classics like the OG Grudge and the OG Ring, and plenty more...even Tim Burton got some love

I WILL say the reason I think people are saying "it's too much of a shooter" is because of the last area before the next to the last boss, and then that OTHER part towards the end that even LOOKED like a match of COD Zombies , and then because of how many bullets/resources you get. Because everything drops something you can sell, and I got all the treasure and k*lled all the optional sh*t...I never felt like I was going to run out of bullets. Even when f*ghting the final boss..I was just dodging left and right lobbing grenades from the launcher and that part did feel like I was cheesing with the noobtube on CODMW. It did have some of the longest parts in the series history where you don't even have a gun in your hand ...And I still think RE5 and 6 had way more "Action" type mode sh*t in them

I did my first playthrough on a 3090 maxed out and the game was beautiful, I have no real complaints. Some of the rooms in the castle, and the house bienvenetto were damn near photorealistic because of my system, and I started a 2nd playthrough on the Series X I probably won't finish and it looks good on there too.

It's not in my top list for anything Resident Evil except maybe graphics, and thats for obvious reasons why.

Plus for the 50th time the dude playing Ethan is a terrible actor. I think part of the problem with 'immersion' is the dude just does a horrible job conveying emotion. He had a few scenes where I just laughed, when I should have been concerned or drawn in by what was happening on the screen.

It wasn't a terrible game. Was just an alright Resident Evil
+2   

1 month ago '19        #19
Airtight 
Props total: 11604 11 K  Slaps total: 1445 1 K
That's basically a description of all of the RE games. Lazy, barely a story, becomes a chore. How have you bought all the other ones and thought this would be different?

RE as a franchise is a 5/10. I'm watching Village gameplay and I'm like lulz, they're doing Nemesis over again except it's a s*xy vampire. 1999 called, it wants its antagonist back.
+2   

1 month ago '12        #20
 gemini8686 said
spoilers lol
Put some spoiler tags on it fam!

1 month ago '15        #21
 OldBusiness said
Put some spoiler tags on it fam!
Lmao sorry I was trying to be as vague as possible. I’ll change it.

Trying to do this sh*t from my phone is ODEE. I’ll do it when I’m back on the Mac lol

Last edited by gemini8686; 05-11-2021 at 09:54 PM..

1 month ago '14        #22
DavidAames 
Props total: 24748 24 K  Slaps total: 1066 1 K
 PackerTrelli3 said
It just doesnít come off as a resident evil game. Iíll say this, if someone saw u playing this, they would think itís DOOM.

When I saw Iím a RE fan, I mean it

This game just doesnít live up to it. But I always play a game at least 3 times. So it may change. But for now, 5/10
sh*t broski, u wasnít lying lol

1 month ago '12        #23
 PackerTrelli3 said

I mean...Resident Evil games have been overly cheesy, campy, cornfests since the OG one with the live action video shots of them wack a*s actors

You have to remember this is a series inspired by the wackiest sh*t in them old George Romero movies an such. If anything I didn't really like the 'powers' stuff if you follow, I like my resident evil where everyone acts like they don't realize this n*gga Wesker can move around and dodge bullets, those villains and the way the lineup was marketed did feel more wannabe Kojima Productions than anything .....Especially with Mor...trying to kick philosophy and sh*t to you at certain parts during the whole sh*t over in the water

If I can sit through Code Veronica and the hilarious sh*t in there?...Then yeah this is right up that Resident Evil alley.

And without spoiling anything it looks like the story is atleast shifting back to C...unless capcom is dumb enough to do some supernatural bullsh*t with R...
+2   

1 month ago '14        #24
DavidAames 
Props total: 24748 24 K  Slaps total: 1066 1 K
 J_Clarity13 said
I was about to buy it on stadia. Since I don't have a PC right now. Good I didn't.
Just try it out bro and come up with your own experience for it...
+2   

1 month ago '12        #25
 Airtight said
That's basically a description of all of the RE games. Lazy, barely a story, becomes a chore. How have you bought all the other ones and thought this would be different?

RE as a franchise is a 5/10. I'm watching Village gameplay and I'm like lulz, they're doing Nemesis over again except it's a s*xy vampire. 1999 called, it wants its antagonist back.
And they REALLY let the internet hype dictate their marketing for that sh*t...cause she is not the Nemesis, she's not close to the Nemesis, and the experience is nothing like the Nemesis. That sh*t ain't even on par with Nemesis in that sorry a*s Re3 Remake.

That whole portion of the game isn't even that pressing, nor do you even really care shes walking around. All you have to do is run in a side room she won't come into for like 30 seconds and she's like preprogrammed to go upstairs and away and then when you come outside you can hear the music creep up making you realize shes near.

I could go deeper but it'd be spoilers but...it's not even like...'that' lol

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+398online now  24
Hell Yeah!!! After 3 Long Years Ya Boy Is A Gracie jiu jitsu Black Belt.
645 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  19
Why can't these Chicago rappers let Tooka rest?
71 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  16
Image(s) inside actors you thought would have blown up
147 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+69online now  6
Chief Keef Goes Crazy On Young Buck's Classic Song Stomp