Hackers Apologise for Disrupting Colonial Pipeline Operations, Vow to Be More Selective

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+36  63
69 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news /page 2

1 month ago '15        #1
3059 page views
69 comments

People Talk  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x160
Props total: 136642 136 K  Slaps total: 17138 17 K
Hackers Apologise for Disrupting Colonial Pipeline Operations, Vow to Be More Selective

The actions of the hacker group are expected to cause gasoline supply disruptions in a dozen US states after their ransomware knocked out the networks of a pipeline that delivers nearly half of all fuel to these regions.

Hackers from the DarkSide group, who were accused by the FBI of performing the Colonial Pipeline hack, have issued on their website an apology for the fact that their actions caused fuel supplies disruptions in the US, the Bleepingcomputer tech news website reported.

The hacker group reportedly insisted that it was never in its plans to cause such significant disruptions for society and promised to vet their targets carefully in the future. DarkSide also stressed that it is not affiliated with any governments and acts alone, Bleepingcomputer reported, citing their alleged statement.

"We are apolitical, we do not participate in geopolitics, do not need to tie us with a defined goverment [sic] and look for other our motives. Our goal is to make money, and not creating problems for society. From today we introduce moderation and check each company that our partners want to encrypt to avoid social consequences in the future", the alleged statement by DarkSide said.'

The partners that the hacker group is referring to in the alleged statement are their so-called "affiliates". The DarkSide group works as a "Ransomware-as-a-Service" and is not directly engaged in attacks on companies or government networks, as apparently was the case with Colonial Pipeline.

Instead, they develop the software for these attacks and negotiate the ransom payments with the victims in favour of affiliates who deliberately use their tools. DarkSide's core team reportedly receives between 20% and 30% of the ransom for its services.

However, the latest victim targeted by DarkSide's affiliates has been deemed critical infrastructure in the US – a pipeline that is responsible for around 45% of all fuel supplies in over a dozen US states across the South and the East Coast.

The ransomware attack, which knocked out the Colonial Pipeline network and stopped the pipeline's operations, attracted the attention of the US authorities, who seek to punish those responsible for the hack. At the same time, the White House tried to soothe concerns about possible disruptions in fuel deliveries and spiking gasoline prices by a*suring that Colonial Pipeline plans to resume operations "relatively" soon.
visit this link https://sputniknews.com/u .. ore-selective/
+4   

best
worst
69 comments

1 month ago '21        #2
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 6873 6 K  Slaps total: 1670 1 K
Should hack photobucket
A breh was eating off nud*s of girls in my city
+9   

1 month ago '21        #3
I am awake 
Props total: 926 926  Slaps total: 289 289
 Jonny2soxs said
Should hack photobucket
A breh was eating off nud*s of girls in my city
pathetic
+20   

1 month ago '08        #4
Calamari Pasta 
Props total: 1183 1 K  Slaps total: 59 59
here in ATL it's covid hunger games all over again for basic necessities like gas. so stupid and inconvenient. def need an electric whip now.

why can't these nerds hack FICO or the student loan companies?
+81   

1 month ago '15        #5
Baudimore  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 6485 6 K  Slaps total: 2338 2 K
sh*t sound like a public apology from the cartel
+32   

1 month ago '16        #6
Blunted Sultan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 33763 33 K  Slaps total: 3754 3 K
 Baudimore said
sh*t sound like a public apology from the cartel
sh*t they are one tbh,
+7   

1 month ago '05        #7
projectd06 
Props total: 27545 27 K  Slaps total: 6855 6 K
So news comes out their Russian supposedly and immediately an apology comes out saying they aren't affiliated? Riiiigggghhhttttt
+19   

1 month ago '15        #8
People Talk  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x160 OP
Props total: 136642 136 K  Slaps total: 17138 17 K
 projectd06 said
So news comes out their Russian supposedly and immediately an apology comes out saying they aren't affiliated? Riiiigggghhhttttt
I like how you think.

+4   

1 month ago '17        #9
THExTAKEOVER 
Props total: 15173 15 K  Slaps total: 1330 1 K
 Calamari Pasta said
here in ATL it's covid hunger games all over again for basic necessities like gas. so stupid and inconvenient. def need an electric whip now.

Hacking any type of bank , loan company and or anything like that is a instant death sentence. I knew people that said they’d do it, and each one of them has been “disappeared”. sh*ts real

1 month ago '10        #10
Bigg_Slime  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x38
Props total: 61185 61 K  Slaps total: 29874 29 K
 Calamari Pasta said

Read it was somethin like 20% of gas stations in metro Atlanta out, if I'm not mistaken

Last edited by Bigg_Slime; 05-11-2021 at 07:05 PM..
+1   

1 month ago '06        #11
yumflip  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 12786 12 K  Slaps total: 1127 1 K
Charlotte and the surrounding counties fu*kED UP right now. I got gas and police were directing traffic to the pumps. I just moved out of the city and this town has 1 gas station w/gas. Called my sister and she found gas, but it's a 1.5 he wait. News said it might be 5 days before it comes back to normal. My vacay starts on Mon, so I'm chilling til then.
+3   

1 month ago '15        #12
ZoeCity100 
Props total: 966 966  Slaps total: 307 307
 Calamari Pasta said

They do you can pay to get your credit cleaned and bumped up and easily get loans wiped from the face of the earth

1 month ago '20        #13
Here4dacomments 
Props total: 1127 1 K  Slaps total: 139 139
why can't these nerds hack FICO or the student loan companies?[/QUOTE]

I say this all the time! Do something for the people. Give black folks 800 credit scores and wipe their student loan out.

That will make DC lose they sh*t frfr

+14   

1 month ago '16        #14
Sire  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 16498 16 K  Slaps total: 1265 1 K
sputnicknews?

we posting straight up russian propaganda in the aftermath of a russian hacking?

+6   

1 month ago '19        #15
Megaman 
Props total: 3608 3 K  Slaps total: 4674 4 K
Hacker's did not shut down the Colonial Pipeline. Colonial Pipeline shutdown the Colonial Pipeline. weather or not their control network was hacked still hasn't been proven.

this is creating fuel shortages in Red States where Covid-19 restrictions have been eased.

these state governor's need to sell the citizens their rights back through experimental covid vaccines, the carrot on the stick so to speak.

people really need to use common sense here and pay close attention to what is actually being said.

nowhere has it been stated that hackers "shut down the colonial pipeline".

+3   

1 month ago '13        #16
mrslyyy 
Props total: 6511 6 K  Slaps total: 908 908
 Megaman said
Hacker's did not shut down the Colonial Pipeline. Colonial Pipeline shutdown the Colonial Pipeline. weather or not their control network was hacked still hasn't been proven.

this is creating fuel shortages in Red States where Covid-19 restrictions have been eased.

these state governor's need to sell the citizens their rights back through experimental covid vaccines, the carrot on the stick so to speak.

people really need to use common sense here and pay close attention to what is actually being said.

Tinfoil hat a*s
+8   

1 month ago '18        #17
Losantana16x3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 20219 20 K  Slaps total: 3216 3 K
Wait so there is no shortage of gasoline tanker truck drivers all of a sudden?

guess we are going to believe anything now
+8   

1 month ago '05        #18
Schavez98 
Props total: 6666 6 K  Slaps total: 1163 1 K
 Calamari Pasta said

Lol. Because this whole story is bullsh*t.
+3   

1 month ago '05        #19
Schavez98 
Props total: 6666 6 K  Slaps total: 1163 1 K
 Losantana16x3 said
Wait so there is no shortage of gasoline tanker truck drivers all of a sudden?

guess we are going to believe anything now
I walked into my cable company to pay the internet bill earlier and saw this story playing on the TV and started laughing in front of the person at the counter. Sooooooo much bullsh*t. They really just force-feeding the narratives now.
+6   

1 month ago '18        #20
ChrisPartlowFro 
Props total: 26911 26 K  Slaps total: 2909 2 K
 Megaman said

Victim mentality reigns supreme

1 month ago '07        #21
[MK] 
Props total: 1944 1 K  Slaps total: 211 211
 Calamari Pasta said

Majority of Southern Companies generation capacity comes from nat gas (30 plus MW) Coal (15 MW) and some nuclear (5-ish MW)

That nat gas comes through a pipe too
+2   

1 month ago '20        #22
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32682 32 K  Slaps total: 6391 6 K
Y'all luv being bomboozled
+3   

1 month ago '21        #23
nodayzoffatl  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 7987 7 K  Slaps total: 930 930
 Calamari Pasta said

speak for yourself, all the gas stations near me are normal. I'm on the Northside in a nice part of Atl.

Last edited by nodayzoffatl; 05-11-2021 at 08:17 PM..
+4   

1 month ago '21        #24
nodayzoffatl  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 7987 7 K  Slaps total: 930 930
 Xiox said
Y'all luv being bomboozled
yall luv talking that woke sh*t. But i have yet to meet a woke mf with real wealth who can actually help others get real wealth...yall all theory. fu*king Twitter revolutionaries
+4   

1 month ago '04        #25
d.c. supreme  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29469 29 K  Slaps total: 1422 1 K
 [MK] said
Majority of Southern Companies generation capacity comes from nat gas (30 plus MW) Coal (15 MW) and some nuclear (5-ish MW)

That nat gas comes through a pipe too
you're right, but that's for electricity/power. this is gasoline, it runs to certain hubs along the pipeline and trucks drive out from the hubs to each gas station to refuel. that's why there's a shortage.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  61
Why can't these Chicago rappers let Tooka rest?
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+395online now  19
Hell Yeah!!! After 3 Long Years Ya Boy Is A Gracie jiu jitsu Black Belt.
636 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+69online now  8
Chief Keef Goes Crazy On Young Buck's Classic Song Stomp
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  5
Image(s) inside actors you thought would have blown up