Jamaicans Stole Toasting From 1950s ADOS/FBA Rock N' Roll Culture

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
-53  58
40 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 month ago '19        #1
1944 page views
167 comments

Bam Bam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 7194 7 K  Slaps total: 2874 2 K
Jamaicans Stole Toasting From 1950s ADOS/FBA Rock N' Roll Culture

Chuck Berry is usually credited as the creator of Rock N' Roll(some say Ike Turner, Little Richard, etc. It really goes back further than them).

Either way that n*gga was the real king of Rock N' Roll and he rapped on every song.

n*gga was rapping about cars and fu*king bi*ches on every song image That's what all of Chuck Berry's music was about.....and he rapped.

Most of the popular disc jockeys at the time in the Rock N' Roll scene rapped aka toasted. The Rock DJs called it toasting.

One of the most poppin Rock N Roll DJS was Jocko Henderson. He was the main guy that influenced the innovator of Jamaica's version of toasting Count Matchuki.

MG: The jive talk that you did – did it just come out of you?

[​IMG]
CM: No. To be honest, what gave me that idea, I was walking late one night about a quarter to three somewhere in Denham
Town. And I hear this guy on the radio, some American guy advertising Royal Crown hairdressing. (affecting an American accent) “You see, you’re drying up with this one Johnny , try Royal Crown. When you’re downtown you’re the smartest guy in town when you use Royal Crown and Royal Crown makes you the smartest guy in town.” That deliverance! This guy sound like a machine! A tongue twister! I heard that in 1949 on one of them States stations that was really strong. I hear this guy sing out pon the radio and I just like the sound and I say to myself I think I can do better. I would like to play some recordings and just jive talk like this guy
visit this link http://www.dancecrasher.c .. nd-stay-alive/

Hotrod Hulbert

The fact that so many people run around with these Hip Hop came from Jamaica myths is embarrassing.image

Bonus:

This is the oldest Rock N' Roll song I know of from 1949.

Bonus 2:

Toast meaning to talk in rhyme or kick some sh*t is not slanguage that Jamaicans brought forth. They got that word from us too. The word toast has always been a part of ADOS/FBA street culture, esp ADOS/FBA pimp culture. Toasting, rapping, and signifying all mean the same thing in ADOS/FBA culture, yet all have alternate usages.

Bonus 3:

The saying rock and roll itself was ADOS/FBA slang for fu*king anyway. So Esau could never divorce us from our culture.

Etymolog

From rock (move back and forth) + and + roll; originally a verb phrase common among African Americans, meaning "to have s*xual intercourse"; it was a euphemism that appeared in song titles since at least 1914 (Trixie Smith's "My Man Rocks Me With One Steady Roll").

As a name for a specific style of popular music from the early 1950s, popularized by disc jockey Alan Freed in reference to the euphemistic use in song titles.
visit this link https://en.m.wiktionary.o .. dy%20Roll%22).

Last edited by Bam Bam; 05-11-2021 at 02:28 AM..
+11   

best
worst
167 comments

1 month ago '14        #2
J Hilla 
Props total: 359 359  Slaps total: 46 46
sh*t interesting af
+7   

1 month ago '15        #3
JimmyDa3rd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31008 31 K  Slaps total: 3545 3 K
Young men, try to travel as much as you can, it's important to as a grown men understand Blac culture does not stop and start with us African Americans or you end up making threads like this.
+28   

1 month ago '05        #4
LBoogie2122  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 6939 6 K  Slaps total: 976 976
i am a Black American man who has traveled around the world

what op says is true

we set the standard, Jamaicans come to america for a better life, we go on vacation for 1 week in Jamaica once a year, and when we visit they work for us Americans

i like my beaches cleaned on a regular basis, guess who gonna clean it in Jamaica? it aint gonna be the yt or asain folk who live lavishly in Jamaica

Last edited by LBoogie2122; 05-11-2021 at 04:18 AM..

1 month ago '19        #5
Bam Bam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 JimmyDa3rd said
Young men, try to travel as much as you can, it's important to as a grown men understand Blac culture does not stop and start with us African Americans or you end up making threads like this.
But why should African Americans give a fu*k if "blac culture" which doesn't exist by the way doesn't stop or start with us?

Why are African Americans the only black group that are told to disregard their ethnic heritage and embrace empty, blanket blackness?

Guess what though n*gga. African American culture starts and stops with African Americans.
+12   

1 month ago '15        #6
 Bam Bam said
But why should African Americans give a fu*k if "blac culture" which doesn't exist by the way doesn't stop or start with us?

Why are African Americans the only black group that are told to disregard their ethnic heritage and embrace empty, blanket blackness?

Guess what though n*gga. African American culture starts and stops with African Americans.
Each to their own and i'm a*suming you a grown man so you can give a fuc or not about what you want to my n*gga, Personally though i never travelled growing up but i've always been a book worm (from jail but i digress lol)_ so when i got enough money to and got my passport i've never stopped, sh*t opened my eyes too a lot, i frequent mostly the carribeans and Africa and it was beautiful to see how African American culture has influenced many of blac cultures and also the history those other countries have and how it shaped our culture as African-Americans.
+14   

1 month ago '16        #7
BitterDiesel 
Props total: 14694 14 K  Slaps total: 1852 1 K
 Bam Bam said

Drop the American. We aint American. Thats a european "manifest destiny" ideology.
+2   

1 month ago '06        #8
datVAkid 
Props total: 32482 32 K  Slaps total: 5163 5 K
 Bam Bam said
Chuck Berry is usually credited as the creator of Rock N' Roll(some say Ike Turner, Little Richard, etc. It really goes back further than them).

Either way that n*gga was the real king of Rock N' Roll and he rapped on every song.

n*gga was rapping about cars and fu*king bi*ches on every song That's what all of Chuck Berry's music was about.....and he rapped.

Most of the popular disc jockeys at the time in the Rock N' Roll scene rapped aka toasted. The Rock DJs called it toasting.

One of the most poppin Rock N Roll DJS was Jocko Henderson. He was the main guy that influenced the innovator of Jamaica's version of toasting Count Matchuki.

Hotrod Hulbert

The fact that so many people run around with these Hip Hop came from Jamaica myths is embarrassing.

Bonus:

This is the oldest Rock N' Roll song I know of from 1949.

Bonus 2:

Toast meaning to talk in rhyme or kick some sh*t is not slanguage that Jamaicans brought forth. They got that word from us too. The word toast has always been a part of ADOS/FBA street culture, esp ADOS/FBA pimp culture. Toasting, rapping, and signifying all mean the same thing in ADOS/FBA culture, yet all have alternate usages.

Bonus 3:

The saying rock and roll itself was ADOS/FBA slang for fu*king anyway. So Esau could never divorce us from our culture.

Rhyming been part of African culture since biblical days
+9   

1 month ago '06        #9
datVAkid 
 BitterDiesel said
Drop the American. We aint American. Thats a european "manifest destiny" ideology.
n*gga if you have an American citizenship you're American

If you are an ados, you are an African American.
+1   

1 month ago '05        #10
 JimmyDa3rd said
Each to their own and i'm a*suming you a grown man so you can give a fuc or not about what you want to my n*gga, Personally though i never travelled growing up but i've always been a book worm (from jail but i digress lol)_ so when i got enough money to and got my passport i've never stopped, sh*t opened my eyes too a lot, i frequent mostly the carribeans and Africa and it was beautiful to see how African American culture has influenced many of blac cultures and also the history those other countries have and how it shaped our culture as African-Americans.

ive been traveling since i was a kid

if youve been to the Caribbean multiple times like i have then you would have noticed that the natives do not possess power or wealth

they are the ones who have to stand by a rock and wait for the $2 jitney to pull up to take them to theyre job catering to tourists

the only time ive seen a native on a yacht is if theyre apart of the staff

but but but then when yall escape and come to America where you can make real money, yall criticize and talk sh*t about the people who f*ght and die so you can have that equal opportunity to make real money

1 month ago '16        #11
BitterDiesel 
 datVAkid said
n*gga if you have an American citizenship you're American

If you are an ados, you are an African American.
You mean US citizenship.

Thats that geopolitical nationalist bullsh*t. And its a made up hodgepodge. as people we must determine our own destiny and define our own selves.. we only became African-American a couple decades ago.

We was n*ggas, coloureds and negros what shall we call ourselves. For sure not American a name that has debatable origins and is the name of our now then colonialist now imperialist masters African American is literally a co opt word of two different continents.. whites arent called Euro Or Anglo Americans..

We P.O.Ws dun our ancestors didnt chose this sh*t or die for a nationality that subjugated them..

Im starting to notice alot of you ADOS FBA n*ggas is just die Hard Yankee Patriots with a dark chocolate exterior..

Btw. Geopolitically the Carribeans Bahamas Chile to Canada is technically America. Look up the American States.
+14   

1 month ago '19        #12
 JimmyDa3rd said
Reply #2 to this dumb a*s fu*kin post.

If low self esteemed idiot American n*ggas like you actually knew their illustrious culture and history you had right here in this country you wouldn't need to look up to other groups, you dumb son of a bi*ch. Shut the fu*k up and intake the info.

Imagine being a whole a*s African American and giving a fu*k about a Haitian or a Ghanaians history. Hotep pan African n*ggas is clowns.

1 month ago '19        #13
 JimmyDa3rd said
Nothing from the Caribbean has influenced black Americans.

You dumb a*s fu*kin n*ggas need to stop spreading this misinformation. Idiot fu*king black Americans like you are far worse than ignorant black immigrants.

Caribbean and African "blacks" have always been black Americans sons, point, blank, period.

They copy black Americans, not the other way around.

African Americans relationship with other black groups is not a 2 way street of influence and it never has been.

1 month ago '15        #14
 LBoogie2122 said
ive been traveling since i was a kid

if youve been to the Caribbean multiple times like i have then you would have noticed that the natives do not possess power or wealth

they are the ones who have to stand by a rock and wait for the $2 jitney to pull up to take them to theyre job catering to tourists

the only time ive seen a native on a yacht is if theyre apart of the staff

but but but then when yall escape and come to America where you can make real money, yall criticize and talk sh*t about the people who f*ght and die so you can have that equal opportunity to make real money
If that's what you got from your travels then who am i to question you, luccily for me i got a lot of good sh*t from my travels and it gave me a better appreciation of the impact my people have had (African-Americans) on the world and also the knowledge and history of other Blac people who's cultures also played a part in ours.
+4   

1 month ago '19        #15
 BitterDiesel said
You mean US citizenship.

Thats that geopolitical nationalist bullsh*t. And its a made up hodgepodge. as people we must determine our own destiny and define our own selves.. we only became African-American a couple decades ago.

We was n*ggas, coloureds and negros what shall we call ourselves. For sure not American a name that has debatable origins and is the name of our now then colonialist now imperialist masters African American is literally a co opt word of two different continents.. whites arent called Euro Or Anglo Americans..

We P.O.Ws dun our ancestors didnt chose this sh*t or die for a nationality that subjugated them..

Im starting to notice alot of you ADOS FBA n*ggas is just die Hard Yankee Patriots with a dark chocolate exterior..

Btw. Geopolitically the Carribeans Bahamas Chile to Canada is technically America. Look up the American States.
Typical dumb a*s northeast coast american n*gga bean pie babble

1 month ago '05        #16
Da Gooneyz 
Props total: 3878 3 K  Slaps total: 592 592
This thread is how we were conquered. Peace.
+14   

1 month ago '05        #17
 JimmyDa3rd said
If that's what you got from your travels then who am i to question you, luccily for me i got a lot of good sh*t from my travels and it gave me a better appreciation of the impact my people have had (African-Americans) on the world and also the knowledge and history of other Blac people who's cultures also played a part in ours.

this is what ive seen traveling abroad, i had a ball though

i honestly feel the same way you do, the problem is alot of our kinfolk from other countries dont respect you like you respect them

1 month ago '06        #18
datVAkid 
 BitterDiesel said
You mean US citizenship.

Canada is north America, citizens if Canada are Canadian

Us is short for usa which is united states of america and their citizens are called Americans.

Nobody from Canada calls themselves Americans

African Americans are decedent's of African slaves who were brought to America through the slave trade.

You doing to much.

1 month ago '16        #19
BitterDiesel 
 Bam Bam said
Typical dumb a*s northeast coast american n*gga bean pie babble
bi*ch im onda Gullah Island right now. And I just "toasted" ya wanna be Anglo American a*s.. the wyppl wont ever give reparations.. in the year 2021 you should see its a pipe dream. If you black in the US you aint American but a POW a subjugated and exploited worker class.. we just like the palestinians is to the zionist.

+4   

1 month ago '15        #20
 LBoogie2122 said

i honestly feel the same way you do, the problem is alot of our kinfolk from other countries dont respect you like you respect them

I didn't get this from my travels but i'm carrying this exchange with you in that i'm a*suming you're a sensible n*gga so i'm sure these opinions you have come from a genuine place, it was all love for and respect for me when i travelled to Ghana, Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad, Nigeria and South Africa.. Ofcourse humans can be sh*tty sometimes in any country but the vast majority where decent simple very well mannered (to the point it made me uncomfortable lol) people who treated me well and fed my curiosity.

Last edited by JimmyDa3rd; 05-11-2021 at 05:18 AM..
+3   

1 month ago '05        #21
[quote=JimmyDa3rd;56521096]
 LBoogie2122 said

i honestly feel the same way you do, the problem is alot of our kinfolk from other countries dont respect you like you respect them[/QUOTE]

I didn't get this from my travels but i'm carrying this exchange with you in that i'm a*suming you're a sensible n*gga so i'm sure these opinions you have come from a genuine place, it was all love for and respect for me when i travelled to Ghana, Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad, Nigeria and South Africa.. Ofcourse humans can be sh*tty sometimes in any country but the vast majority where decent simple people who treated me well and fed my curiosity.

it was all love for me too,and my father as well, like i said it was something that i observed

the truth can hurt sometimes my brother, talk to the ones that are here in america and are doing well

1 month ago '16        #22
BitterDiesel 
 datVAkid said
Canada is north America, citizens if Canada are Canadian

Us is short for usa which is united states of america and their citizens are called Americans.

Nobody from Canada calls themselves Americans

African Americans are decedent's of African slaves who were brought to America through the slave trade.

You doing to much.
Pack it up B..

Organization of American States... geopolitiical sh*t. 3 sectors of the Trilateral Co..

Asian Sector European Sector Americas Sector... we refer to our selves as Americans because the government is a federation of States United by 1 flag over various flags. 1 constitution over various constitutions... Federal government.....State government..

My ancestors were here before 1776 b..

Last edited by BitterDiesel; 05-11-2021 at 05:26 AM..
+6   

1 month ago '15        #23
[quote=LBoogie2122;56521113]
 JimmyDa3rd said

it was all love for me too,and my father as well, like i said it was something that i observed

the truth can hurt sometimes my brother, talk to the ones that are here in america and are doing well
What do you mean?

1 month ago '05        #24
[quote=JimmyDa3rd;56521179]
 LBoogie2122 said

What do you mean?

have you had a real friend or girlfriend from Africa and/or the Caribbean before?

if so you would have had a real conversation on how alot of them think of us, it usually starts off with “your different” and then ill ask the same question your asking me now

iykyk
+1   

1 month ago '17        #25
Pythagoras 
Props total: 36404 36 K  Slaps total: 7723 7 K
I swear sometimes I think some of y'all can't exist in real life.
+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  18
Jun 12 - Tax refunds and stimulus checks delayed by identity fraud crossfire
50 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-19online now  13
Woman Says Her Company Preparing To Replace Employees Who Took The Vax Due To...
168 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+16online now  10
Article inside Sorry, Bootleggers — The Air Jordan 1 Is Now An Officially Registered..
78 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  9
Jun 12 - MICHIGAN MAN WINS $30K IN LOTTERY, BUYS $20K GOLD CHAIN, GETS ROBBED
50 comments
2 days ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy