online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Jamaicans Stole Toasting From 1950s ADOS/FBA Rock N' Roll Culture

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

3 years ago '19        #1
2866 page views
0 comments

Bam Bam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 10139 10 K  Slaps total: 4648 4 K
icon Jamaicans Stole Toasting From 1950s ADOS/FBA Rock N' Roll Culture

Chuck Berry is usually credited as the creator of Rock N' Roll(some say Ike Turner, Little Richard, etc. It really goes back further than them).

Either way that n1gga was the real king of Rock N' Roll and he rapped on every song.

n1gga was rapping about cars and fu#king bi#ches on every song
emoji
That's what all of Chuck Berry's music was about.....and he rapped.

YT
YT
YT
YT

Most of the popular disc jockeys at the time in the Rock N' Roll scene rapped aka toasted. The Rock DJs called it toasting.

One of the most poppin Rock N Roll DJS was Jocko Henderson. He was the main guy that influenced the innovator of Jamaica's version of toasting Count Matchuki.

MG: The jive talk that you did – did it just come out of you?

[​IMG]
CM: No. To be honest, what gave me that idea, I was walking late one night about a quarter to three somewhere in Denham
Town. And I hear this guy on the radio, some American guy advertising Royal Crown hairdressing. (affecting an American accent) “You see, you’re drying up with this one Johnny , try Royal Crown. When you’re downtown you’re the smartest guy in town when you use Royal Crown and Royal Crown makes you the smartest guy in town.” That deliverance! This guy sound like a machine! A tongue twister! I heard that in 1949 on one of them States stations that was really strong. I hear this guy sing out pon the radio and I just like the sound and I say to myself I think I can do better. I would like to play some recordings and just jive talk like this guy
 http://www.dancecrasher.c .. nd-stay-alive/

YT
YT

Hotrod Hulbert
YT

The fact that so many people run around with these Hip Hop came from Jamaica myths is embarrassing.
emoji

Bonus:

This is the oldest Rock N' Roll song I know of from 1949.

YT

Bonus 2:

Toast meaning to talk in rhyme or kick some sh1t is not slanguage that Jamaicans brought forth. They got that word from us too. The word toast has always been a part of ADOS/FBA street culture, esp ADOS/FBA pimp culture. Toasting, rapping, and signifying all mean the same thing in ADOS/FBA culture, yet all have alternate usages.

YT

Bonus 3:

The saying rock and roll itself was ADOS/FBA slang for fu#king anyway. So Esau could never divorce us from our culture.

Etymolog

From rock (move back and forth) + and + roll; originally a verb phrase common among African Americans, meaning "to have s3xual intercourse"; it was a euphemism that appeared in song titles since at least 1914 (Trixie Smith's "My Man Rocks Me With One Steady Roll").

As a name for a specific style of popular music from the early 1950s, popularized by disc jockey Alan Freed in reference to the euphemistic use in song titles.
 https://en.m.wiktionary.o .. dy%20Roll%22).

Last edited by Bam Bam; 05-11-2021 at 02:28 AM..
+11   

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding