Epic Really Opened Pandora's Box... Everyone Is Getting Sued Now

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '12        #1
1411 page views
13 comments

Pleasure Boy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 23796 23 K  Slaps total: 5253 5 K
Epic Really Opened Pandora's Box... Everyone Is Getting Sued Now

+6   

best
worst
13 comments

1 month ago '04        #2
Vince McMahon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 35012 35 K  Slaps total: 891 891
They can lower their prices or let games be sold on other sites

Either way gamers get games for lower prices
+11   

1 month ago '17        #3
DavidTheMan 
Props total: 16182 16 K  Slaps total: 9556 9 K
They aren't obligated to use Steam.
If they don't like Valve go to another platform or host themselves, or better yet, sell that sh*t on DVD-ROM properly
+4   

1 month ago '05        #4
Greece 
Props total: 3557 3 K  Slaps total: 244 244
I was about to defend valve until I saw this quote from the story:

Rosen added that he is not the only developer that has run into issues when publishing on Steam: “I believe that other developers who charged lower prices on other stores have been contacted by Valve, telling them that their games will be removed from Steam if they did not raise their prices on competing stores." Rosen claims that this approach breaches antitrust laws, which has led to him filing the lawsuit.

If that is outside of the scope of their agreement then maybe they have a case; if not, stfu.
+11   

1 month ago '07        #5
joshdogg26 
Props total: 23276 23 K  Slaps total: 2637 2 K
good. monopolies are bad and anti-consumer.
+10   

1 month ago '17        #6
Thegreatiandi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24845 24 K  Slaps total: 2045 2 K
This has been brewing for Valve for some time now. Even though they are my number one go to for all PC games for the most part, they have some very bullsh*t practices for anyone selling on their marketplace.

It doesn't help that when the competition tries to be legitimate competition, they open trash like the origin store. Epic game store is pretty sh*tty itself but at the very least, they will drop you some free games every once in awhile.

If you are a PC gamer, just do yourself a favor and enjoy the fallout. Just know, it could give a bit of a fire under the a*ses of these other storefronts to enhance them if valve starts feeling the heat. The likelihood that they feel the heat however is slim to none in my opinion.

Also, make sure you check out Green Man Gaming. Most games are cheaper here and you can always activate a non-purchased steam game on Steam so that it shows up in your library.

Right now, Resident Evil 8 is 59.99 on Steam. It's $50.39 on this site.

And it's even cheaper ( $46.59 ) on:

Last edited by Thegreatiandi; 05-12-2021 at 04:37 PM..
+1   

1 month ago '19        #7
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 40171 40 K  Slaps total: 7402 7 K
Harmful my a*s, They're just mad there is no real alternative.
Origin sucks, Battle Net is meh, Epic games is only good for the free games they give out.
+1   

1 month ago '19        #8
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 40171 40 K  Slaps total: 7402 7 K
 Thegreatiandi said
This has been brewing for Valve for some time now. Even though they are my number one go to for all PC games for the most part, they have some very bullsh*t practices for anyone selling on their marketplace.

It doesn't help that when the competition tries to be legitimate competition, they open trash like the origin store. Epic game store is pretty sh*tty itself but at the very least, they will drop you some free games every once in awhile.

If you are a PC gamer, just do yourself a favor and enjoy the fallout. Just know, it could give a bit of a fire under the a*ses of these other storefronts to enhance them if valve starts feeling the heat. The likelihood that they feel the heat however is slim to none in my opinion.

Also, make sure you check out Green Man Gaming. Most games are cheaper here and you can always activate a non-purchased steam game on Steam so that it shows up in your library.

Right now, Resident Evil 8 is 59.99 on Steam. It's $50.39 on this site.

And it's even cheaper ( $46.59 ) on:

In all fairness many of those cdkey sites are carded, People just card ie; eBay/Amazon for keys and then re-sell them on their. GOG is usually my go-to for keys as they're legit and greenmangaming as well. Thing is a lot of times the keys don't end up getting blacklisted until months later.

1 month ago '17        #9
Thegreatiandi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24845 24 K  Slaps total: 2045 2 K
 GetYaCoinsKing said
In all fairness many of those cdkey sites are carded, People just card ie; eBay/Amazon for keys and then re-sell them on their. GOG is usually my go-to for keys as they're legit and greenmangaming as well. Thing is a lot of times the keys don't end up getting blacklisted until months later.
Gog is great. I utilize them for older games most times.

And I've never had a CD key blacklisted but, I know this does happen from time to time.
+1   

1 month ago '12        #10
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 169560 169 K  Slaps total: 9978 9 K
 joshdogg26 said
good. monopolies are bad and anti-consumer.
Where's the monopoly when it's competitors, EGS, GOG, Battlenet, the Microsoft Windows Games Store, and so on not only exist, but they're brokering half million dollar deals and experiencing growth like EGS and so on.

Just a bunch of fishing by companies after the Epic lawsuit, nothing is really going to come of this. Hell one of the documents that leaked from the Epic lawsuit revealed an updated/enhanced version of Unreal tournament 3 was geared up for free release on EGS and Steam, that Steam had a hand in getting prepped for example. Kinda hard to call them a monopoly when they're dedicating resources to propping up content developed, managed, and put out by their supposed direct competition.

They aren't a monopoly by any sense of the word, they're just immensely popular because they've got tremendous mindshare for being around before the other stores popped up.

And I like the Epic Games Store. Steam always has tons of bullsh*t advertised at me that I don't care about, but calling them a monopoly just ain't it.

This lawsuit isn't even a major one, its a lawsuit filed by the guy from 'Wolfire' games about how he doesn't like the agreement he signed with them, and what he 'believes"' is happening to other companies doing business with Steam...he literally said its what he 'believes" lol.

The thing is he signed an agreement. They're simply forcing him to adhere to it or get the hell on

Thats the funny thing he simply doesn't have to do business with them. He could just pick up his ball and take it to another court, he even said so. But he wants them to lower their cut, and allow him to void parts of the agreement he signed.

This is his game:

Last edited by OldBusiness; 05-12-2021 at 06:18 PM..
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #11
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 67161 67 K  Slaps total: 20229 20 K
I hate to defend these corporations but it’s really wack to me how people are attacking these digital storefronts lately. PSN for example theoretically is used by at the very least what, 60 million people? Having your game on there, just on there, allows it to be accessible by however many people use the PSN store for whatever reason. Is that not worth a 30% cut? And if it’s not to you, then you gotta take the L of not being accessible to however many people that is. To try to renegotiate that cut like Epic tried to do to Apple while their current deal was still ongoing seems ridiculous to me.

Then sh*t like saying Steam is a monopoly, it’s not even close. The reason why Steam has “dominance” as a PC storefront is most consumers feel their platform is the best by far and a lot of people also think these other storefronts aren’t worth it and have a terrible UI, etc. Steam ain’t doing nothing slimy to maintain their dominance. Their competition just ain’t doing enough

Like I said I don’t wanna defend these billion dollar corporations, but we have to acknowledge they do a lot of leg work that goes into being able to play our favorite games. I think it’s wack how devs are trying to strongarm them into certain practices.

I will say if Valve is telling devs that gotta basically price match their games on Valve with the other storefronts, that’s wack. That tidbit been the only time I been with devs on this whole sh*t.

1 month ago '08        #12
stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 10671 10 K  Slaps total: 1730 1 K
 DavidTheMan said
They aren't obligated to use Steam.
If they don't like Valve go to another platform or host themselves, or better yet, sell that sh*t on DVD-ROM properly
I agree with selling out the trunk on DVD. I think part of any developer process will now be the distribution process of your game.

1 month ago '21        #13
BackInTheSaddle 
Props total: 1172 1 K  Slaps total: 646 646
 GetYaCoinsKing said
never had a problem with cdkeys
3 transactions there now

1 month ago '04        #14
gh3tto 
Props total: 41422 41 K  Slaps total: 8342 8 K
 BackInTheSaddle said
never had a problem with cdkeys
3 transactions there now

the keys you get from resellers usually work but the problem is when a publisher / developer finds out you're using a stolen key they take the loss

they dont want to block a user that actually paid for their game even tho they got zero dollars
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+59online now  18
Rapper Blueface Opened His Own Soul Food Restaurant In Santa Clarita, Californ..
120 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+22online now  8
Image(s) inside To the brother who told us about Shib god bless you!
86 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+97online now  8
Video inside Bill Maher vs Kevin Hart
216 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  4
Video inside Jun 15 - More evidence suggests COVID-19 was in US by Christmas 2019
97 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy