The truth about race swapping charters by just some guy

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
50 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '04        #1
1879 page views
73 comments

NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 24512 24 K  Slaps total: 2023 2 K
The truth about race swapping charters by just some guy

Drop your opinions AFTER watching the video

Last edited by NAKHI ALLAH; 05-09-2021 at 07:01 PM..
+7   

best
worst
73 comments

1 month ago '04        #2
NAKHI ALLAH  OP
@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @

Last edited by NAKHI ALLAH; 05-09-2021 at 06:48 PM..
+3   

1 month ago '19        #3
blackadamwarloc  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 19856 19 K  Slaps total: 3761 3 K
thoughtful vid OP I agree with a lot of ur points— u can’t race swap for the sake of trying to capture an audience

however

if race isn’t integral to the character’s identity, I don’t see an issue with it really... but I agree Black Superman won’t be as wavy as these execs think
+15   

1 month ago '04        #4
NAKHI ALLAH  OP
That's not my channel but he has helped me make sense of this comics to movie situation... I fux with him heavy
I seriously suggest you guys check his channel out

Last edited by NAKHI ALLAH; 05-09-2021 at 07:35 PM..
+4   

1 month ago '04        #5
NAKHI ALLAH  OP
 blackadamwarloc said
thoughtful vid OP I agree with a lot of ur pointsó u canít race swap for the sake of trying to capture an audience

however

if race isnít integral to the characterís identity, I donít see an issue with it really... but I agree Black Superman wonít be as wavy as these execs think

Watch this video see if it gives a little more perspective
+2   

1 month ago '17        #6
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 167597 167 K  Slaps total: 11617 11 K
How about we create new characters with the original superheroes around them? Rather than characters being replaced or changed, let's just create new characters with new stories. Riri Williams is a great example of trying to completely change out a character. Her story and character is amazing but you just can't replace what people perceive to be Iron Man.
+14   

1 month ago '18        #7
Rugby Jones  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30893 30 K  Slaps total: 4001 4 K
If it makes Maga mad,,,,,, Let it happen
Also fu*k superman

+22   

1 month ago '18        #8
 NAKHI ALLAH said
That's not my channel but he has helped me make sense of this comics to movie situation... I fux with him heavy
Yo he make alot of good points

A light skin Black Panther............???

+5   

1 month ago '04        #9
NAKHI ALLAH  OP
 Rugby Jones said
Yo he make alot of good points

A light skin Black Panther............???

Yea he makes good points on alot of stuff his channel shed light on the hack that Coates is when it comes to comics...

1 month ago '04        #10
NAKHI ALLAH  OP
 Rugby Jones said
If it makes Maga mad,,,,,, Let it happen
Also fu*k superman

I feel you but as a comic head I disagree
+3   

1 month ago '14        #11
rashadd 
Props total: 22179 22 K  Slaps total: 1105 1 K
My only thing about superheros is throughout our history (past and present) great black athlete's have been at the top of sports but when it comes to being a superhero it would be seen as blasphemous for them to be stronger than Superman.

Some have a hard time that BP can be stronger than Captain America.

Also another reason I think is the case so many black superheros won't reach that level is an overall belief of lack of intellect.

+8   

1 month ago '18        #12
 NAKHI ALLAH said
I feel you but as a comic head I disagree
Im a comic head too and they have been trying to give Superman a personality for 50 years Lmaooo
+4   

1 month ago '06        #13
SuppaSlick 
Props total: 9618 9 K  Slaps total: 1390 1 K
I probably agree with the video.

But I understand the the artists and creators are thinking. They feel like developing original characters or other black characters would take too long so they chose to skip those steps and jack a regular character...

If someone gave you a job and said to create a black superhero to put in marvel. Then told you by the way, if they aren't popular enough your going to be fired. Your going to just make Thor black in hopes you ride Thors success. People don't have the patience to allow original characters to flourish...

There is a black Spiderman, black iron man, black captain America (not anymore in comics), black vulture.

There's also a female version of just about every popular comic book character.

I say all of this to say...as long as you don't masquerade the race swap by having the same name in fine with it. Let the audience decide
+1   

1 month ago '05        #14
projectd06 
Props total: 27659 27 K  Slaps total: 6866 6 K
 rashadd said
My only thing about superheros is throughout our history (past and present) great black athlete's have been at the top of sports but when it comes to being a superhero it would be seen as blasphemous for them to be stronger than Superman.

Some have a hard time that BP can be stronger than Captain America.

Also another reason I think is the case so many black superheros won't reach that level is an overall belief of lack of intellect.

My guy a superhero is only as strong as the writer makes them, you over thinking it.
+3   

1 month ago '17        #15
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 72997 72 K  Slaps total: 20230 20 K
I just think black folks need to stop being so sensitive about these heroes and comics

There’s no NEED for black cartoon heroes, because it was never a problem as kids. We liked all the heroes. Color wasn’t an issue

What really didn’t make any sense was someone bringing up aquaman. As if ole boy doesn’t look like what aquaman should regardless of ethnicity

1 month ago '18        #16
The3 
Props total: 9648 9 K  Slaps total: 1628 1 K
Race swapping is stupid you have so many good black and latinos characters that can get a movie or series , but Superman rumors may not be real DC is not making Clark Kent black

+4   

1 month ago '20        #17
godhillie 
Props total: 1509 1 K  Slaps total: 299 299
Black nerds holding the shield for their white counter parts... "SJW"...
Anybody using that term is a shield bearer for the wounded pride of white betas whose paranoia has them strike out at any precieved threat to their Supposed proper place in society...
Even in works of fiction...
sh*t is pathetic...
By his own admission ratings go down when the protaganist isnt white ...
What does that tell you about the majority of the viewing audience?
Why would you condemn the change and not the reaction to the changed???
Egg zak lee...
Yous a shield bearer...
+14   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '16        #18
HugheStone 
Props total: 10069 10 K  Slaps total: 2280 2 K
sh*ts gonna hit the fan when Bucky is made black panther
+1   

1 month ago '19        #19
mkooner 
Props total: 800 800  Slaps total: 217 217
Honestly the super hero genre just getting played out now. Too many super hero movies and shows. They need to start bringing back original story ideas. But that's a long shot for Hollywood

1 month ago '04        #20
Jumpoff21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 14040 14 K  Slaps total: 741 741
Nobody is really trying to create brand new characters for Marvel/DC and get fu*ked in the royalties when they can take their creations to Image and own it. That's why you see so many off shoots of popular characters. Problem is that once a superhero becomes popular In film or cartoons it becomes the norm for the comics for the most part look at Ghost Rider, Nick Fury, Antman, Aquaman,blade and Green Lantern. Hell people were confused why G.L was white . DC problem is since forever they've pushed Superman and Batman as the only two heroes that matter. Superman is my second favorite superhero of all time I don't give a fu*k what race superman is I just want a good superman movie.
+2   

1 month ago '17        #21
YAYO101 
Props total: 28523 28 K  Slaps total: 1650 1 K
So very valid points but a lot of it is Hollywood trying to make up for and correct the serious damage it has done to the Image of Black People in particular so they're overcompensation for the years and Decades of just AWFUL Depiction of people of Color In General. All the Stereotypical Roles, Racism and all that stuff and it is nothing wrong with trying to correct and change the Toxic Culture in Hollywood that has been in place for along time and it is still going on

That being said, the overcompensation of it becomes insulting and it tells me that in these Ridiculous Decisions the people who they're trying to make things right with are NOT even Involved in this process and THAT is a bigger problem. I love what the MCU is doing to bring about more Diversity/Inclusion but DCEU don't have a clue and can't even get things right with Ray Fisher. Start by fixing that situation with Ray Fisher first instead of trying to I guess Replacing him with a Black Superman so that people can forget him this is another thing Hollywood loves to do Replace one Black Guy with another Black Guy. It is like they're terrified of having more than 1 Black Character on the screen at the same time

Last edited by YAYO101; 05-09-2021 at 11:33 PM..
+4   

1 month ago '16        #22
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 75156 75 K  Slaps total: 10147 10 K
No one makes this argument when a different white man takes on the mantle of a hero.

No one said, "Make a new character instead!" when Robin became Jason Todd instead of d*ck Grayson. Or when Drake became Robin. No one was shouting to give Batman a NEW sidekick.

Same with Captain America. The John Walker as Cap is one of the most popular Captain America storylines... but when a black character becomes an existing hero it's a problem? Even though these characters have changed identities before?

Wonder what makes it different this time,

+9   

1 month ago '06        #23
composure23 
Props total: 1193 1 K  Slaps total: 82 82
 Boogersugar said
No one makes this argument when a different white man takes on the mantle of a hero.

No one said, "Make a new character instead!" when Robin became Jason Todd instead of d*ck Grayson. Or when Drake became Robin. No one was shouting to give Batman a NEW sidekick.

Same with Captain America. The John Walker as Cap is one of the most popular Captain America storylines... but when a black character becomes an existing hero it's a problem? Even though these characters have changed identities before?

Wonder what makes it different this time,

Basically this. The video had some good points. But, I can tell dude has his own bias. The way he was reading the tweet was very condescending. Also that SJW talk. I feel like he's a college kid or something.
+2   

1 month ago '04        #24
biscuit 
Props total: 45219 45 K  Slaps total: 4162 4 K
The problem is the lack of creativity in the industry. The young editors and writers are essentially inheriting western mythology and being told, "Hey, tell me a new story about this hero that's had over 1,000 stories told before you got here." They're stuck. The only thing they can think of is to k*ll the character like death Of Superman or death Of Captain America.

I went into the comic book store about 3 years ago to start collecting again because I had actually hurt my back doing reno's and couldn't move for sh*t so I decided to start collecting and drawing again. Bruh... I couldn't figure out how Thor or Spiderman was on issue 5 when there were 500 something Thor's in the 90's or what have you. Just like homie said in OP's video's the editors are fu*king around and trying to plug today's political correctness into iconic franchises and it's not working. It's failing badly. It's also the reason that Image took off when certain titles came out through that publisher.

Every 15 - 20 years or so, comics get a real boost, or shift, or way of telling the story that becomes bigger than comics and spills over to the mainstream. Frank Miller did it when he came to DC in the 80's and made Dark Knight. Todd McFarlane when he made Spawn etc. It's time, like the dude in the video said to create new characters, generate new fanbases and followings, and be cutting edge on some new sh*t instead of fu*king with the old.
+2   

1 month ago '04        #25
biscuit 
Props total: 45219 45 K  Slaps total: 4162 4 K
At the same time...

Hollywood been race swapping for years, so if it happens now, fu*k whoever's mad, I'll still watch just to boost the numbers and p*ss some people off.

Doesn't take away from my above point tho.
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  32
Joel Embiid's reaction when Simmons passed up wide open dunk
132 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  23
Video inside Kevin McCall gets ready to throw hands on the Kraig Smith podcast
40 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+69online now  22
I've been addicted to P0RN for 20 years mane!!!!
187 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+76online now  18
Creepiest thing you ever experienced?
257 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy