May 9 - elon musk snl appearance....causes dogecoin to tank 30%

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
34 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

1 month ago '09        #1
4241 page views
82 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x65
Props total: 226294 226 K  Slaps total: 25317 25 K
May 9 - elon musk snl appearance....causes dogecoin to tank 30%

visit this link https://www.google.com/am .. ght-live-.html

As Elon Musk – the self-proclaimed "Dogefather" – made his "Saturday Night Live" debut, the price of dogecoin fell off a cliff.

The meme-inspired cryptocurrency fell as much as 29.5%, dropping to 49 cents at one point. Musk mentioned dogecoin in his opening monologue and on "Weekend Update," SNL's satirical news show

In a Q&A with hosts Michael Che and Colin Jost, Musk called himself the "Dogefather," said dogecoin was a "hustle," and howled, "To the moon," a catchphrase popular among doge enthusiasts intent on driving the value of the cryptocurrency to one dollar

The price of dogecoin began to rebound during the "Weekend Update" skit. As of this writing, it is worth 57 cents, down about 17% from the beginning of the show.

During the frenzied sell-off, several Robinhood users complained that Robinhood's crypto trading wasn't working.

The company confirmed the outage on Twitter. Service was restored in less than an hour.

This isn't the first time that Robinhood has missed out on major trading volume in dogecoin. Last month, the trading platform said customers experienced "sporadic crypto order failures" during a dogecoin rally

"Also known as the Dogefather, Musk will undoubtedly have a sketch on cryptocurrencies that will probably go viral for days and further motivate his army of followers to try to send dogecoin to the moon," wrote Edward Moya, senior market analyst at Oanda, in a note on May 4.

Dogecoin fans were out in mass on Twitter during the show, and live streams on YouTube were devoted to watching SNL and tracing dogecoin's movements at the same time.

Tesla's electric rivals decided to make the most of having Musk fans tune in by buying air time. Lucid, Ford and Volkswagen all ran ads. Tesla notably doesn't advertise on television.

Musk did make mention of one rival tonight. "I could say something truly shocking, like I drive a Prius."
+6   

best
worst
82 comments

1 month ago '18        #2
Txheat 
Props total: 33081 33 K  Slaps total: 2521 2 K
Buy the dip, Buy the dip!!!

Last edited by Txheat; 05-09-2021 at 03:33 PM..
+40   

1 month ago '08        #3
koopa24 
Props total: 4659 4 K  Slaps total: 1450 1 K
sh*t will be the new GameStop watch it break all time highs in 2 weeks
+20   

1 month ago '04        #4
bibbyboi 
Props total: 15143 15 K  Slaps total: 1907 1 K
The fact that it dipped during the most positive media attention any crypto has ever got is a really bad sign for it.
+32   

1 month ago '18        #5
Losantana16x3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 20231 20 K  Slaps total: 3217 3 K
 koopa24 said
sh*t will be the new GameStop watch it break all time highs in 2 weeks
Noone believes anymore. Its get in and get out.
+10   

1 month ago '05        #6
R4P 
Props total: 4831 4 K  Slaps total: 526 526
 bibbyboi said
The fact that it dipped during the most positive media attention any crypto has ever got is a really bad sign for it.

I think most people expected a dip at some point Saturday.

U sell the news. Ppl had an entire week to prep. If u expected this to go up during/after SNL u easy to manipulate
+27   

1 month ago '15        #7
mwtx 
Props total: 21375 21 K  Slaps total: 3627 3 K
What’s crazy is the fact people still use Robinhood when they fu*k people over literally every single time something is getting pumped etc.

How have idiots still not learned their lesson?

This is like the 4th time they’ve “had issues” in the past 2 months.

I still be seeing boxden members like “damn robinhood won’t let me sell” “is robinhood offline for y’all?”

+57   

1 month ago '19        #8
Eric  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 923 923  Slaps total: 165 165
As part of the skit as Michael Che And the other SNL comedian kept asking what a "Dogecoin" was....he gave minimal/vague description....and the punch line was said by Che "oh so it's just a Hustle?". Elon then says "yeah it's a Hustle". As the crowd laughs Che then says "ahhh you shoulda just said that hahaha".

I believe people got spooked and said "oh laaaawd the jig is up :( " and started SELLING QUICK FAST

But ultimately it's all a damn gamble....who really knows with any of this sh"t LOL

Last edited by Eric; 05-09-2021 at 03:18 PM..
+12   

1 month ago '15        #9
thirssty58  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42122 42 K  Slaps total: 5744 5 K
Dipped on so called doge day too then shot back up avoid the hype?
+5   

1 month ago '11        #10
Joseph  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30730 30 K  Slaps total: 8412 8 K
 Eric said
As part of the skit as Michael Che And the other SNL comedian kept asking what a "Dogecoin" was....he gave minimal description....and the punch line was said by Che "oh so it's just a Hustle?". Elon then says "yeah it's a Hustle". As the crowd laughs Che then says "ahhh you shoulda just said that hahaha".

I believe people got spooked and said "oh laaaawd the jig is up :( " and started SELLING QUICK FAST

But ultimately it's all a damn gamble....who really knows with any of this sh"t LOL
All cryptos are basically a hustle.
+19   

1 month ago '04        #11
bibbyboi 
Props total: 15143 15 K  Slaps total: 1907 1 K
 R4P said

U sell the news. Ppl had an entire week to prep. If u expected this to go up during/after SNL u easy to manipulate
I sold before, but I did think it would go up a bit more before dropping like that.
+1   

1 month ago '04        #12
collegeboy58 
Props total: 18686 18 K  Slaps total: 998 998
 R4P said

Help me because I thought it was going to go up. I have no clue how this sh*t works so I only put up a little bit back in Feb.
+1   

1 month ago '11        #13
awww  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 47720 47 K  Slaps total: 35511 35 K
kept telling my dumb a*s homie not to even invest, but noo this n*gga kept talking bout some its gonna shoot up when he go on SNL i said dude that sh*t aint gone turn out too well for you, right when doge was falling $shib was mooning. i kept telling him to invest in shib but noo he wanna stay in stupid a*s doge hopfully he learned his lesson

1 month ago '16        #14
AngelTaster 
Props total: 6823 6 K  Slaps total: 413 413
Sooo Barry over at Grayscale’s tweet saying he was gona short it had nothing to do with it? It was already at .55 b4 SNL even aired. Now it’s Elon’s fault. But no one is playing the clip where he said the $ was pretty much the same thing. Mainstream media can’t be trusted to give accurate info these days. In all actuality Doge is at the same price it was 3 days ago
+7   

1 month ago '17        #15
1Oh 
Props total: 34943 34 K  Slaps total: 1488 1 K
Always sell the news. Not alotta flips at this point, but its going to a dollar this year.
+7   

1 month ago '15        #16
6Fraud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 66860 66 K  Slaps total: 21635 21 K
Wierd ppl bruh man said its a “hustle”. Thats all it took?

Wtf else you wanted him to say
+6   

1 month ago '06        #17
Doe Sun 
Props total: 2050 2 K  Slaps total: 550 550
That was my game plan all week. Sold some at .65 .68 .72 then kicked myself when it hit .75+. But sometimes you just gotta be disciplined and go with your game plan.
+14   

1 month ago '11        #18
 6Fraud said
Wierd ppl bruh man said its a “hustle”. Thats all it took?

Wtf else you wanted him to say
All these dumbasses put their stimmies in crypto and the slightest downturn made them panic sell.
+5   

1 month ago '05        #19
R4P 
Props total: 4831 4 K  Slaps total: 526 526
 collegeboy58 said
Help me because I thought it was going to go up. I have no clue how this sh*t works so I only put up a little bit back in Feb.

The only way I can help you is by giving you some “common sense” but real advice:

Look before you leap.

You sound like you dont know much about crypto but youve heard your boys or news talking about it and you want to get rich quick too so u following the herd (another life tip: NEVER follow the herd) and trying to make some easy/quick money.

This is how you become easy money for whales and the big wallets who manipulate the markets. U will get your lunch money took this way.

U need to educate yourself on it and DYOR. Follow certain crypto twitter news and immerse yourself into it before u even make a trade. Ask lots of questions. I know that doesnt sound appealing but relying on other ppls calls means u in competition with EVERYONE else whose doing the same sh*t as u are.
+5   

1 month ago '16        #20
MulaAve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 14900 14 K  Slaps total: 1639 1 K
Can y'all stop lying?

Doge was like .30 before we announced he was going. It reached a peak of .74 and currently its at around .56

So from .30 to .56 is a 87% gain.

Doge gained 87% from Elon this week, peaked out at a 147% gain.

If you bought doge when you were supposed to you're up big. if you sold when you were supposed to, you kept your gains.

if you FOMO'd in, you're an idiot. If you bought the top, and sold the bottom, that's on you.

Last edited by MulaAve; 05-09-2021 at 03:49 PM..
+12   

1 month ago '05        #21
JohnnyCage202  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 68373 68 K  Slaps total: 2868 2 K
 Joseph said
All cryptos are basically a hustle.

+5   

1 month ago '19        #22
ym7171yea  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11095 11 K  Slaps total: 2016 2 K
Best strategy is just buy randomly don't even look up what the coin is fu*k it

1 month ago '11        #23
 JohnnyCage202 said

You could basically say that about any of these other coins.
+2   

1 month ago '16        #24
MulaAve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 14900 14 K  Slaps total: 1639 1 K
 bibbyboi said
You're ignorant.

You buy the rumor sell the news. The coin was pumped up and SNL was priced in when it was at .6-.74 .... u think its supposed to keep going up during the show when everyone who is up big is selling off?

I'm surprised it stayed as high as it did, doge was expected to dump back to .40
+3   

1 month ago '16        #25
Itsjustmefools  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11891 11 K  Slaps total: 8307 8 K
That dodgecoin gonna sting yaw watch.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  25
Joel Embiid's reaction when Simmons passed up wide open dunk
128 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+76online now  21
Creepiest thing you ever experienced?
256 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+68online now  16
I've been addicted to P0RN for 20 years mane!!!!
182 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  15
Video inside Kevin McCall gets ready to throw hands on the Kraig Smith podcast
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy