May 8 - phillip morris......plots to invade the weed industry with smoke free weed options

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+37  44
73 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '09        #1
643 page views
15 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x65
Props total: 225891 225 K  Slaps total: 25301 25 K
May 8 - phillip morris......plots to invade the weed industry with smoke free weed options

visit this link https://theweedblog.com/i .. nnabis-options

Phillip Morris, the international tobacco company behind the cigarette brand Marlboro, are considering entering the cannabis industry.

In an interview with Bloomberg News, Phillip Morris CEO Andre Calatzopoulos said that they are looking into expanding into the cannabis market with a smoke-free product of their own. While still hesitant to enter the growing market due to a lack of regulations, Phillip Morris are looking into the efficacy of cannabis, as well as the different medical and consumer cannabis products currently on offer.

“We are doing all this work and will determine one day what avenues to pursue. But our priority is what we’re doing with our smoke-free products, and that’s where I would stay on cannabis,” Calatzopoulos told Bloomberg News

Tobacco Companies Entering the Cannabis Industry

Phillip Morris are not the only tobacco company currently interested in entering the cannabis industry. Earlier in 2021, British American Tobacco invested in Organigram Holdings Inc. to produce CBD products, and in 2018, the US Marlboro distributor Altria Group invested in Canadian cannabis company The Cronos Group.

Phillip Morris’ expansion into the smoke-free cannabis market would not be the first time they have invested funds into the cannabis industry. In 2016, the company invested in Israeli-based medical cannabis company Syqe Medical for exclusive technology rights for an inhaler produced by Syqe Medical. While the inhalers produced by Syqe Medical were originally designed for medical cannabis purposes, Phillip Morris purchased the technology rights to produce a high-precision dosing product for the smoke-free tobacco industry

Cannabis Products Part of a Broader Product Expansion Strategy

Phillip Morris’ vested interest in cannabis products is part of a broader strategy the company has begun to undertake in the beginning of this year.

Dubbed “Beyond Nicotine”, the tobacco company is planning to expand their product line beyond smokables and nicotine products. Since beginning the strategy, Phillip Morris have begun to expand their product line to include botanical-based products as the company strives to reduce cigarette consumption by offering other healthier alternatives and smoke-free nicotine products.

Since announcing their Beyond Nicotine strategy, Phillip Morris have set a goal of $1 billion in net revenue from their non-nicotine product lines for the next 4 years. If successful, these products will outperform their current tobacco products in net revenue, creating the largest revenue producers for Phillip Morris
+6   

best
worst
15 comments

1 month ago '15        #2
Holdino  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 55349 55 K  Slaps total: 5877 5 K

+4   

1 month ago '07        #3
Damagegadget  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 52813 52 K  Slaps total: 6685 6 K
Rich people already run it.. that said I believe I put some snaps on a company’s stock a*sociated with this
+4   

1 month ago '20        #4
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32685 32 K  Slaps total: 6391 6 K
Did you really think that big tobacco wasn't getting into weed
+10   

1 month ago '04        #5
franchise  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 11269 11 K  Slaps total: 1001 1 K
The more weed and big companies for it the better

1 month ago '06        #6
datVAkid 
Props total: 32518 32 K  Slaps total: 5175 5 K
 franchise said
The more weed and big companies for it the better
until they turn weed into cigerrattes. adding chemicals to make the yield bigger and shelf life longer
+12   

1 month ago '20        #7
Detr0it 
Props total: 2537 2 K  Slaps total: 98 98
Honestly, nobody should be surprised by this. I'm sure it was the tobacco lobbyists that helped legalize weed in various forms across the country. "Criminals" built enterprises, middle Americans took over with mom and pop stores once it was legal, and I guarantee you that big tobacco is going to swoop in within the next 5-10 years and wrap it all up with their pre-existing resources of fields, pipelines, and brand recognition. Watch, the same companies that have tarnished reputations due to lung cancer and second hand smoke are going to ride the "medical marijuana" wave to their highest profits yet.
+4   

1 month ago '06        #8
whammy 
Props total: 12621 12 K  Slaps total: 786 786
The true win for marijuana will be when you can grow a few plants in your home without an alphabet agency kicking in your door.
+2   

1 month ago '21        #9
Smack Lames 
Props total: 93 93  Slaps total: 357 357
Been had it. Got the wine LSD Hash Vapor. Strawberry Watermelon. Same flavor as the white air head.

1 month ago '04        #10
franchise  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 11269 11 K  Slaps total: 1001 1 K
 datVAkid said
until they turn weed into cigerrattes. adding chemicals to make the yield bigger and shelf life longer

I wouldnt use their products.

But their lobbying power helps weed progress everywhere.
+2   

1 month ago '04        #11
Chronos  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 24287 24 K  Slaps total: 691 691
 whammy said
The true win for marijuana will be when you can grow a few plants in your home without an alphabet agency kicking in your door.
You already can depending on what state you live in, I live in Cali and I’ve been growing my own now for almost a year.

Last edited by Chronos; 05-09-2021 at 01:25 PM..
+1   

1 month ago '16        #12
Blunted Sultan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 33765 33 K  Slaps total: 3754 3 K
 Detr0it said
Honestly, nobody should be surprised by this. I'm sure it was the tobacco lobbyists that helped legalize weed in various forms across the country. "Criminals" built enterprises, middle Americans took over with mom and pop stores once it was legal, and I guarantee you that big tobacco is going to swoop in within the next 5-10 years and wrap it all up with their pre-existing resources of fields, pipelines, and brand recognition. Watch, the same companies that have tarnished reputations due to lung cancer and second hand smoke are going to ride the "medical marijuana" wave to their highest profits yet.
And its gonna be a got damn shame
+1   

1 month ago '11        #13
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 60180 60 K  Slaps total: 10960 10 K
 Detr0it said
get some money in so you too can ride the wave
+1   

1 month ago '11        #14
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 60180 60 K  Slaps total: 10960 10 K
 Blunted Sultan said
And its gonna be a got damn shame
you think they gonna make it legal for the regular man to profit hell no everything is set up for them that's why you get some money in on the ground floor so you can come up off their head too
+1   

1 month ago '12        #15
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 169840 169 K  Slaps total: 9985 9 K
 Damagegadget said
Rich people already run it.. that said I believe I put some snaps on a company’s stock a*sociated with this
Yup

Thats why I been investing in the companies that support the market while also growing and cultivating my own.

I been preaching on boxden for years telling folks to grow their own tree
+3   

1 month ago '07        #16
Damagegadget  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 52813 52 K  Slaps total: 6685 6 K
 OldBusiness said
Yup

Thats why I been investing in the companies that support the market while also growing and cultivating my own.

I been preaching on boxden for years telling folks to grow their own tree
Yep .. After a few crops I had enough personal to make all kinds of isht from bubble.. to scissor to wax..

But as example here in co they literally targeted smaller street to legit people.. then started some club that makes it ridiculous to try to enter the market

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+398online now  22
Hell Yeah!!! After 3 Long Years Ya Boy Is A Gracie jiu jitsu Black Belt.
652 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  19
Why can't these Chicago rappers let Tooka rest?
71 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  16
Image(s) inside actors you thought would have blown up
147 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+69online now  7
Chief Keef Goes Crazy On Young Buck's Classic Song Stomp