Joshua Weissman Barbacoa Tacos

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+35  98
66 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section Good eats

1 month ago '20        #1
682 page views
24 comments

Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 41171 41 K  Slaps total: 3230 3 K
Joshua Weissman Barbacoa Tacos

+7   

best
worst
24 comments

1 month ago '20        #2
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
@

@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @

1 month ago '15        #3
Mexicanelvis 
Props total: 10310 10 K  Slaps total: 571 571
Nah this needs to be the head of an animal to be Barbacoa either goat, cow or sheep, he just making pulled beef.
+10   

1 month ago '15        #4
The South 
Props total: 27837 27 K  Slaps total: 3532 3 K
Tired of this mf. Him and Sam.

He white washing a lot of ethnic food. Making it safe and approachable for in the kitchen. And he bites Babish so fu*king hard. His own hits of personality just corn/cringe.
+2   

1 month ago '10        #5
lboog1423  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35878 35 K  Slaps total: 3030 3 K
 Mexicanelvis said
Nah this needs to be the head of an animal to be Barbacoa either goat, cow or sheep, he just making pulled beef.
This man knows his tacos. Ppl be calling any kinda meat barbacoa

+7   

1 month ago '20        #6
 Mexicanelvis said
Oh wow, give the history

I ainít trying to disrespect anyoneís culture. I just wanted to spam the good eats section
+1   

1 month ago '20        #7
 The South said
Tired of this mf. Him and Sam.

He white washing a lot of ethnic food. Making it safe and approachable for in the kitchen. And he bites Babish so fu*king hard. His own hits of personality just corn/cringe.
Sam???

But I watch his videos sometimes, Babish is how I found this guy. I donít want to disrespect anyoneís culture, Iím just watching
+1   

1 month ago '15        #8
Mexicanelvis 
Props total: 10310 10 K  Slaps total: 571 571
 Blafy said
Oh wow, give the history

I ainít trying to disrespect anyoneís culture. I just wanted to spam the good eats section
It looks like a good substitute but dude said it would usually be the whole animal wrapped in leaves, nah itís just usually the head and the type of head just depends what part you from I think they use sheep down south more up north usually cow or goat
+4   

1 month ago '15        #9
The South 
 Blafy said
Sam???

But I watch his videos sometimes, Babish is how I found this guy. I don’t want to disrespect anyone’s culture, I’m just watching
Sam the Cooking Guy. Sorry, I'm on a first name basis with these mfs I've watched so much of their YT.

You good brah - I'm really going out my way to hate on Josh, he has a cool channel.

I'm insane when it comes to food politics. Most people don't think about it, and it really don't matter in the bigger picture. And food is for everyone - I'm nobody to be calling out kitchen culture vulturing. He's bringing ethnic food to a wider audience I guess, is one way to look at it. While another is, he's taking them views away from a smaller POC FoodTuber who's making a better product. A few of the things I've made, following his instructions weren't as good as other versions I've made of the same dish.

1 month ago '20        #10
 The South said
Sam the Cooking Guy. Sorry, I'm on a first name basis with these mfs I've watched so much of their YT.

You good brah - I'm really going out my way to hate on Josh, he has a cool channel.

I'm insane when it comes to food politics. Most people don't think about it, and it really don't matter in the bigger picture. And food is for everyone - I'm nobody to be calling out kitchen culture vulturing. He's bringing ethnic food to a wider audience I guess, is one way to look at it. While another is, he's taking them views away from a smaller POC FoodTuber who's making a better product. A few of the things I've made, following his instructions weren't as good as other versions I've made of the same dish.
Sam the cooking guy, yeah I used to watch him a lot.

There are politics in every thing, different cultures cook food differently. From different spices, temperatures, and preparation. I agree that one traditional dish may be totally different and not even close to how it should be if the recipe gets tampered with. That change then because popular and the worldwide norm, while the original people are like WTF did you just do to our food
+2   

1 month ago '05        #11
jsilerio 
Props total: 41668 41 K  Slaps total: 2420 2 K
I fu*ks with Josh

1 month ago '21        #12
JayMurdoch 
Props total: 5017 5 K  Slaps total: 480 480
 Mexicanelvis said
Facts

brisket is not barbacoa
+5   

1 month ago '20        #13
 JayMurdoch said
Facts

brisket is not barbacoa

This woman takes from cow head, or cheeks
+3   

1 month ago '15        #14
The South 
 Blafy said

Her channel really good for the home cook. Probably one of my favorite FoodTubers.

A couple misses here and there, but her tex-mex is pretty spot on. Not the most polished channel - but she ain't trying to do the most.

These enchiladas smack.
+2   

1 month ago '20        #15
 The South said
Her channel really good for the home cook. Probably one of my favorite FoodTubers.

A couple misses here and there, but her tex-mex is pretty spot on. Not the most polished channel - but she ain't trying to do the most.

These enchiladas smack.
I just stumbled upon since you were saying that the barbacoa recipe was basically white washed. Iím just spamming this section since Iím bored, I like food, and no one really uses this section as much.
+1   

1 month ago '21        #16
JayMurdoch 
 Blafy said

That's definitely some barbacoa. It sounds weird to eat animal head but it's really tasty.
+1   

1 month ago '20        #17
 JayMurdoch said
That's definitely some barbacoa. It sounds weird to eat animal head but it's really tasty.
Yeah

But when I started to look it up, animal head meat is how it is made

Last edited by Blafy; 05-09-2021 at 11:52 AM..
+1   

1 month ago '10        #18
 JayMurdoch said
It only sounds weird in America bc we are so far removed from the animal processing process. We are just used to what we see in the store. We don't k*ll our own food anymore so ppl frown their nose on stuff we ate back in the day or what ppl still eat in other cultures. That cheek meat be tender as fk.
+2   

1 month ago '18        #19
beermoney 
Props total: 6265 6 K  Slaps total: 456 456
 Mexicanelvis said
Chipotle called its beef that and now its changed forever.
+3   

1 month ago '21        #20
JayMurdoch 
 Blafy said
Yeah

But when I started to look it up, animal head meat is how it is made

lboog1423 said
It only sounds weird in America bc we are so far removed from the animal processing process. We are just used to what we see in the store. We don't k*ll our own food anymore so ppl frown their nose on stuff we ate back in the day or what ppl still eat in other cultures. That cheek meat be tender as fk.
You're right. I had barbacoa for years before I knew what it was. Some recipes mix the barbacoa with another part of the cow head. If you try regular barbacoa vs the mixed barbacoa you can definitely tell the difference and pin point the extra "flavor". It's surprisingly tasty

This is another "cow head product" dish that's pretty tasty if you hadn't tried it, I would recommend

+2   

1 month ago '21        #21
JayMurdoch 

got me hungry for barbacoa
+3   

1 month ago '10        #22
 JayMurdoch said
You're right. I had barbacoa for years before I knew what it was. Some recipes mix the barbacoa with another part of the cow head. If you try regular barbacoa vs the mixed barbacoa you can definitely tell the difference and pin point the extra "flavor". It's surprisingly tasty

This is another "cow head product" dish that's pretty tasty if you hadn't tried it, I would recommend

Lengua arey favorite actually. I've even made them myself

These are some lengua and chorizo tacos I made a while back. I'm always down for some authentic tacos. Gotta be authentic tho

+1   

1 month ago '21        #23
JayMurdoch 
 lboog1423 said
Lengua arey favorite actually. I've even made them myself

These are some lengua and chorizo tacos I made a while back. I'm always down for some authentic tacos. Gotta be authentic tho

I hear you. I realized a few months ago that tacos are a major staple of my diet. They're easy, taste great but i make tacos with just about anything. Just need some type of protein, pico de gallo, guacamole, or salsa and you're good to go. If you think about it, you can make a lot of mexican food using the same ingredients. Meat, tomatoes, onions, tortillas, salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole, and you can make a lot of different things. Tacos, burritos, tostadas, nachos (add cheese), Tortas (bread), etc. If you want that authentic flavor though you can't go wrong with those authentic recipes

+1   

1 month ago '19        #24
Beach city  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 39669 39 K  Slaps total: 916 916
I had barboca it's delicious

1 month ago '17        #25
Pythagoras 
Props total: 36563 36 K  Slaps total: 7784 7 K
 Mexicanelvis said
Accurate

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  66
Why can't these Chicago rappers let Tooka rest?
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+395online now  22
Hell Yeah!!! After 3 Long Years Ya Boy Is A Gracie jiu jitsu Black Belt.
631 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  15
Image(s) inside actors you thought would have blown up
146 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  5
Article inside Odessa Aízion Takes Lead Role New ĎHellraiserí Reboot