Fans rather a Static Shock movie than a Black Superman

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '20        #1
2249 page views
68 comments

5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x115
Props total: 64630 64 K  Slaps total: 14169 14 K
Fans rather a Static Shock movie than a Black Superman

+66   

best
worst
68 comments

1 month ago '13        #2
Phenom354 
Props total: 40241 40 K  Slaps total: 2989 2 K

+9   

1 month ago '04        #3
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 24266 24 K  Slaps total: 2011 2 K
DC on the fu*k boi sh*t....
They would have got that no money with static shock but noooooo
They gotta do the dumb sh*t with a dumb dude(Coates)
+12   

1 month ago '17        #4
lucifershammer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 60692 60 K  Slaps total: 5920 5 K
So DC doesn't have a black superhero who f*ghts planetary or cosmic threats?

I get why they have static on ice. Street level superhero is good television. But we haven't seen any news about that
+4   

1 month ago '04        #5
fat_boyy21 
Props total: 5651 5 K  Slaps total: 983 983
Because people didn't know there were black supermen already. DC is running with the movies now because of the times but the characters are not new and and apparently twitter users don't know that
+16   

1 month ago '18        #6
LifeGetsBetter 
Props total: 3989 3 K  Slaps total: 246 246
A static shock movie is needed and a live action Batman beyond I feel like that’s gonna be my detox
+36   

1 month ago '17        #7
YAYO101 
Props total: 28436 28 K  Slaps total: 1647 1 K
Of Course!!!

Fans been asking for Static Shock for years but WB don't give a fu*k clearly

It is fu*king INSULTING to turn other Characters Black while leaving the Black Characters they have in the Vault on the Shelf because clearly they don't want to have to commit anything to those Characters Long Term once they introduce them. Black Superman before using John Stewart and Static Shock who are far more popular? Really?!?

They not even using Calvin Ellis Superman! fu*k WB/DCEU they're clueless and completely out touch when it comes to trying to add more Diversity

Last edited by YAYO101; 05-07-2021 at 11:05 PM..
+28   

1 month ago '17        #8
WHATEVERMAN 
Props total: 15070 15 K  Slaps total: 1519 1 K
I mean, they've been needing to reboot Green Lantern anyway. Why not do the John Stewart story?
+17   

1 month ago '04        #9
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 24266 24 K  Slaps total: 2011 2 K
 YAYO101 said
Of Course!!!

Fans been asking for Static Shock for years but WB don't give a fu*k clearly

It is fu*king INSULTING to turn other Characters Black while leaving the Black Characters they have in the Vault on the Shelf because clearly they don't want to have to commit anything to those Characters Long Term once they introduce them. Black Superman before using John Stewart and Static Shock who are far more popular? Really?!?

They not even using Calvin Ellis Superman! fu*k WB/DCEU they're clueless and completely out touch when it comes to trying to add more Diversity
Calvin ellis I can accept..
+2   

1 month ago '20        #10
Detr0it 
Props total: 2531 2 K  Slaps total: 97 97
I've said it before, I'll say it again soon: DC's biggest problem when it comes to their live action films is their reluctance to REALLY try something outside of their trinity. Aquaman was a spinoff of Justice League, and that was just a spinoff of Batman vs Superman. Green Lantern had terrible writing and casting, and after it failed, DC/WB really fell back to just their Trinity. As a company that's been around for almost 100 years, they have a HUGE roster of characters and themes that they could build up to a profitable film franchise. They just don't have the people in place to take those risks.
+11   

1 month ago '18        #11
djphil 
Props total: 530 530  Slaps total: 55 55
There is a comicverse that has a black superman. Earth 23 i believe
+6   

1 month ago '12        #12
Steelgrip 
Props total: 28659 28 K  Slaps total: 1830 1 K
The guys who created the character and comic are black so they might eat too if their stories were adapted into movies. Much better than palette swapping Superman.
+7   

1 month ago '09        #13
TriniSoldier 
Props total: 101790 101 K  Slaps total: 23150 23 K
Man they can't do a good static movie leave that n*gga alone

1 month ago '12        #14
Steelgrip 
Props total: 28659 28 K  Slaps total: 1830 1 K
 Detr0it said
I've said it before, I'll say it again soon: DC's biggest problem when it comes to their live action films is their reluctance to REALLY try something outside of their trinity. Aquaman was a spinoff of Justice League, and that was just a spinoff of Batman vs Superman. Green Lantern had terrible writing and casting, and after it failed, DC/WB really fell back to just their Trinity. As a company that's been around for almost 100 years, they have a HUGE roster of characters and themes that they could build up to a profitable film franchise. They just don't have the people in place to take those risks.
This. They have alot of cool characters and good stories. It annoyed me that they made a Birds of Prey movie staring Harley Quinn.

They could make a Hitman and Etrigan movie.

+2   

1 month ago '14        #15
Hamelekh1 
Props total: 3179 3 K  Slaps total: 947 947
Itll all make sense later but basically Khalil/Kal El is really a Black Hebrew Man. It's based on Moses, so is Avatar and Lion King. You notice they all have similarities to Africa or they use Black People to cast them
Even in the Matrix, the Zion originals are all Black and Neo was gonna be Will Smith.
+2   

1 month ago '17        #16
CJ Schwarz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 61596 61 K  Slaps total: 3699 3 K
At&T/WB/DC need to humble themselves and cut the check to Milestone Comics. Icon as a Black conservative hero and fine a*s Rocket (the actress better be BADD and chocolate). Static and the Blood Syndicate. Dakota is like South side/West Side Chi, Detroit, Milwaukee, Gary, Indianapolis, St. Louis, and all the Mid West cities culture rolled in one. CUT THAT CHECK.

+9   

1 month ago '16        #17
YKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 49103 49 K  Slaps total: 3253 3 K
 LifeGetsBetter said
A static shock movie is needed and a live action Batman beyond I feel like that’s gonna be my detox
man Ive been saying for the past year that we need a live action Batman Beyond movie with that white boy Jacob elordi, he would k*ll that role.
+1   

1 month ago '20        #18
GarykingOftheD  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 7902 7 K  Slaps total: 386 386

+11   

1 month ago '04        #19
D1nOnlyMrM@  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17261 17 K  Slaps total: 2658 2 K
Wow just learned black superman is a take on Obama. Crazy
+2   

1 month ago '15        #20
CALL AGAIN 
Props total: 18214 18 K  Slaps total: 2411 2 K
Batman is a corndog whatever color they make him. I am just here to throw support for batman beyond and static shock I am literally watching batman beyond this very second as i opened this thread

My only gripe with that show was it was kinda an aesthetic wh*re they got Japanese kana all over the city but you can only find the return of joker movie and first few episodes with actual Japanese subs
+3   

1 month ago '17        #21
HH080 
Props total: 2554 2 K  Slaps total: 159 159
 lucifershammer said
So DC doesn't have a black superhero who f*ghts planetary or cosmic threats?

I get why they have static on ice. Street level superhero is good television. But we haven't seen any news about that
Green lantern?

1 month ago '17        #22
HH080 
Props total: 2554 2 K  Slaps total: 159 159
 Hamelekh1 said
Itll all make sense later but basically Khalil/Kal El is really a Black Hebrew Man. It's based on Moses, so is Avatar and Lion King. You notice they all have similarities to Africa or they use Black People to cast them
Even in the Matrix, the Zion originals are all Black and Neo was gonna be Will Smith.
Lion King is ripped from Kimba the white lion
+2   

1 month ago '17        #23
Props total: 20645 20 K  Slaps total: 6079 6 K
I seen a skit where some execs remade a movie with old n new talent and everyone clapped n cheered. Then, the same execs invented a new character with all new talent and they all got fired.

Its easier to remake a movie then create a new one. I guess the risk isnt as high. Weird stuff
+1   

1 month ago '17        #24
lucifershammer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 60692 60 K  Slaps total: 5920 5 K
 HH080 said
Green lantern?
Hal Jordan hasn't had his moment yet

That Reynolds movie ain't it

1 month ago '05        #25
projectd06 
Props total: 27433 27 K  Slaps total: 6852 6 K
No one wants a static shock one off that sh*t will be trash, so many dope black superheroes why the fu*k is it always static shock being brought up.

Edit: Just make him play Steel, black metal superman.

Last edited by projectd06; 05-08-2021 at 09:30 AM..

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+557online now  25
Announcer ready to risk it all after seeing chick in the stands
269 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+62online now  22
$1 milly lotto ticket winner opts for one-time payout
140 comments