May 7 - Insurrectionist Magat Claims Foxmania Defense

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
40 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '04        #1
873 page views
31 comments

gh3tto 
Props total: 41274 41 K  Slaps total: 8321 8 K
May 7 - Insurrectionist Magat Claims Foxmania Defense

Accused Capitol rioter had ‘Foxitis,’ his attorney says: He ‘started believing what was being fed to him

In the six months leading up to the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, Anthony Antonio spent his days watching Fox News — a habit that actually made him ill, his attorney told a D.C. federal magistrate judge on Thursday.

His ailment? “Foxitis,” his attorney said, the HuffPost reported. “He became hooked with what I call … ‘Foxmania.’ ”

In the virtual hearing, which went awry when another alleged Capitol rioter interrupted with obscenities, Antonio’s attorney, Joseph Hurley, claimed that Fox News’s decision to regularly air then-President Donald Trump’s false claims of mass election fraud contributed to Antonio’s decision to participate in the insurrection.

Antonio “started believing what was being fed to him,” Hurley said, according to HuffPost.
Critics have targeted Fox for giving a platform for Trump and his allies to elevate baseless claims about the election, many of which were later echoed by Trump supporters who invaded the Capitol. Fox News also faces billion-dollar lawsuits from voting technology companies Dominion Voting Systems and Smartmatic, which allege the network knowingly aired false claims that the voting machines were rigged.

Fox News did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Washington Post on Hurley’s claims.

Antonio, 27, who turned himself in to police on April 20, is charged with unlawful and violent entry of the Capitol, police obstruction and destruction of government property, according to an arrest warrant.

During his hearing Thursday, Hurley told U.S. Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather that Antonio had lost his job thanks to the pandemic and moved in with new roommates in Chicago. It was only then that he began watching Fox News religiously, according to Hurley, because his roommates frequently watched the network.

Antonio’s hearing grew increasingly chaotic Thursday when another alleged rioter, who was waiting for his own hearing, interjected repeatedly and spoke over Hurley. Landon Copeland, 33, who is charged with several federal offenses including a*saulting officers and throwing a metal fence at law enforcement, went on several obscene and belligerent tirades.

When Hurley mentioned “Foxitis,” Copeland yelled, “I object.” The Utah native later said, “F--- all of you,” “I don’t like you people” and “You can’t come get me if I don’t want you to,” according to the Daily Beast. The judge ordered Copeland evaluated for mental competency.

Antonio’s case includes footage from Jan. 6 that showed him wearing a bulletproof vest with a patch representing the Three Percenters, an anti-government extremist group, prosecutors said. He is seen shouting at officers holding off the crowd: “You want war? We got war. 1776 all over again,” according to an affidavit.

Later, Antonio was captured on video being handed a riot shield, which was seemingly stolen from law enforcement. He eventually used the shield to push his way to the front of the crowd, investigators said.

Footage also showed Antonio squirting water at an officer who was dragged into the crowd and then throwing the bottle in his direction. Law enforcement body-camera footage showed Antonio getting close to an officer and telling him: “I’ll be honest, this isn’t against you personally. This is against our country,” according to the affidavit.

“We will not back down,” he added.
He eventually took a police officer’s gas mask and made his way into the Capitol by jumping through a broken window, according to court documents.

In an interview with the FBI in February, Antonio told investigators that he observed six men drag a police officer down the steps of the Capitol — apparently a reference to D.C. police officer Michael Fanone, who suffered a heart attack during the incident. He said that he saw the officer beg for help and could see “death in the man’s eyes,” according to the affidavit, adding that he should have helped.

“[I] missed my judgment, I didn’t help him when I should [have],” he told investigators.

visit this link https://www.washingtonpos .. -capitol-riot/

nasty magat traitors are in court claiming foxnews made them do it

+10   

best
worst
31 comments

1 month ago '04        #2
gh3tto  OP
‘F*ck All of You’: Alleged Capitol Rioter Faces Mental Health Examination After Screaming During Multiple Court Hearings

A man alleged to have taken part in the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol Complex was ordered to undergo a mental competency evaluation by a federal judge on Thursday after a series of increasingly bizarre and outrageous in-court outbursts that spiraled out of control — with a reference to former president Donald Trump adding to the mayhem.

“You can’t get me if you want me, ” Landon Kenneth Copeland shouted during a digital hearing. “You can’t k*ll me if you want to.”

Copeland, 33, was arrested on April 29 by federal agents. The Utah resident was charged with numerous crimes related to the events of the abortive pro-Trump putsch — including attacking police and obstruction of law enforcement during a civil disorder.

“Copeland and other people had grabbed a metal fence serving as a barricade, and were trying to pull the barricade away from law enforcement officers,” federal prosecutors alleged in a late April criminal complaint. “Based on their uniforms, these officers appeared to be from the U.S. Capitol Police and the Metropolitan Police Department. One or more officers deployed OC spray against members of the crowd, including Copeland. In response, Copeland pushed or threw the fence toward multiple law enforcement officers.”

During a series of digital hearings for various capitol riot defendants, Copeland shouted and repeatedly interrupted court proceedings.

“I’m in my car,” Copeland shouted well before any of the hearings began, according to Inner City Press. “I have nothing to hide!”

Discussions as to whether the line could be muted quickly went nowhere while the defendant ratcheted up his outbursts apace.

“Is any of this negotiable?” Copeland shouted at U.S. Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather, according to NBC News’s Scott MacFarlane. “I used to be a free man . . . until you locked me up.”

But that was just the beginning.

When a defense attorney for fellow alleged rioter Anthony Antonio said his client had “Fox-itus” and “Fox-mania” after watching Fox News for months under lockdown while recently unemployed — and that he began to believe the programming spread by Fox News and Trump — Copeland took great offense and let all of the participants know it.

“I would like to object!” Copeland screamed. “That’s not pertinent!”

The day’s denouement came when it was Copeland’s turn to address the court. And, for macabre court watchers, he did not disappoint.

“You people fu*ked this up,” he told Judge Meriweather.

The defendant continued in this vein for awhile.

“How long can I postpone this?” he asked. “I’m a vet. You owe this to me. You’ve all fu*ked this up. You’re a robot to me. You can’t come get me if I don’t want you to. fu*k all of you. fu*k all of you.”

“You’re going to give me a psych eval,” Copeland added at one point — somewhat presciently as it turned out. “I don’t like 70% of my income going to the government.”

The top federal income tax bracket is 37%. California has the highest state income tax bracket at 13.3%.

At a certain point during the Zoom meeting, the defendant was placed in a “breakout room” where he was able to confer with his defense attorney — and be kept quiet.

“I wanna talk in open court you motherfu*kers,” Copeland said as he was muted by the court.

One hour-long break later — a break specifically called to address the steady stream of profane interruptions — and Copeland’s attorney told the court that his client was “in a crisis.” Copeland hung up at that point; he rejoined the proceedings roughly 10 minutes after that.

“In my conversations with him, I don’t think he’s being intentionally belligerent,” the defense attorney said to some skepticism. “I don’t think he’s competent to proceed right now.”

+5   

1 month ago '04        #3
gh3tto  OP
do you know any morons suffering from foxitis or foxmania ?

mental health is a serious issue and these cult members are deranged and should seek out a therapist

take some personal responsibility you nasty magats

tucker and hannity didnt make you watch their lies
+7   

1 month ago '17        #4
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 165539 165 K  Slaps total: 11447 11 K
Maybe they should label Fox News as a terrorist organization.
+9   

1 month ago '09        #5
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x64
Props total: 225053 225 K  Slaps total: 25260 25 K
 Naga Sadow said
Maybe they should label Fox News as a terrorist organization.

landon kenneth copeland

them maga white dudes blaming everybody but themselves for committing terrorism on january 6
+7   

1 month ago '04        #6
gh3tto  OP
 messy marv stan said

landon kenneth copeland

them maga white dudes blaming everybody but themselves for committing terrorism on january 6
 domestic terrorist said
Copeland wrote in an April 28 Facebook post, which was also read during his hearing. “I guess peacefully protesting at the Capitol is now illegal and they are trying to hunt us all down to try and teach us a lesson. Unfortunately, only one option remains when we return. We bring guns and take the Capitol building without intention of being peaceful. This ends with the government bombing their own people. I had hopes it wouldn’t. But here we are.”

it was just a peaceful protest ..oh and we're coming back with guns

i bet they wont
+6   

1 month ago '10        #7
M2CEO  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10538 10 K  Slaps total: 1580 1 K

1 month ago '20        #8
RockyII 
Props total: 9505 9 K  Slaps total: 1267 1 K
 gh3tto said

i bet they wont
Full on terrorist threats

1 month ago '04        #9
gh3tto  OP
 RockyII said
Full on terrorist threats
imagine being stupid enough to post domestic terrorist threats on facebook

and then at your court hearing they read it back to you

these unhinged cultist weirdos posted their treason on social media and made this sh*t an open and shut case johnson

+4   

1 month ago '20        #10
RockyII 
Props total: 9505 9 K  Slaps total: 1267 1 K
 gh3tto said
imagine being stupid enough to post domestic terrorist threats on facebook

and then at your court hearing they read it back to you

these unhinged cultist weirdos posted their treason on social media and made this sh*t an open and shut case johnson

Make the defendant read it back.. even more ether
+3   

1 month ago '17        #11
KingLogic 
Props total: 6753 6 K  Slaps total: 457 457
Foxitis?

Y'all remember Ethan Couch? Dude k*lled four people as a drunken teenager and his defense was he suffered from affluenza. Mf's just making sh*t up to try to beat the case.
+7   

1 month ago '12        #12
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 168563 168 K  Slaps total: 9961 9 K
 gh3tto said

i bet they wont
Bruh quoted the suspect as a 'domestic terrorist'

I'm done
+1   

1 month ago '04        #13
cledee23 
Props total: 4695 4 K  Slaps total: 591 591
Unfortunately they should have just follow the Cops direction, they shouldn't have resisted, and they should have complied when they told them not to storm the capitol.
+2   

1 month ago '12        #14
 KingLogic said
Foxitis?

Y'all remember Ethan Couch? Dude k*lled four people as a drunken teenager and his defense was he suffered from affluenza. Mf's just making sh*t up to try to beat the case.
Thats the one whose mom was helping him skip probation, miss court dates, and all kinds of wild sh*t right? Took him to party in Mexico when he was supposed to be on house arrest or some bullsh*t right?

He always looked insane...then when I saw his moms I was like..."Yep "

I went on a deep dive one day because people on reddit were saying his family was known for getting arrested all the time and getting off cause they were paying off the police and judges..So I looked into it...and if you spend enough time searching you can find mugshots for his parents stretching back 30 years bruh

His mom and pops:

His mother and father have been arrested more than 20 times each or some wild sh*t

His pops just got arrested like 2 years ago...he beat his new chick up cause she told him his son was bad or some sh*t, peep

+4   

1 month ago '17        #15
KingLogic 
Props total: 6753 6 K  Slaps total: 457 457
 OldBusiness said
Thats the one whose mom was helping him skip probation, miss court dates, and all kinds of wild sh*t right? Took him to party in Mexico when he was supposed to be on house arrest or some bullsh*t right?

He always looked insane...then when I saw his moms I was like..."Yep "

I went on a deep dive one day because people on reddit were saying his family was known for getting arrested all the time and getting off cause they were paying off the police and judges..So I looked into it...and if you spend enough time searching you can find mugshots for his parents stretching back 30 years bruh

His mom and pops:

His mother and father have been arrested more than 20 times each or some wild sh*t

His pops just got arrested like 2 years ago...he beat his new chick up cause she told him his son was bad or some sh*t, peep

I just looked the Ethan Couch case up again. That mf k*lled 4 people and fled the country after violating. Still got off with a slap on the wrist. I didn't know how sh*tty his parents were though but DAMN. They're so fu*ked up he never had a chance.
+2   

1 month ago '12        #16
 KingLogic said
I just looked the Ethan Couch case up again. That mf k*lled 4 people and fled the country after violating. Still got off with a slap on the wrist. I didn't know how sh*tty his parents were though but DAMN. They're so fu*ked up he never had a chance.
Yeah his family apparently just uses their money and power to fu*k up the lives of people wherever they're from..Reading the articles I felt like its a bunch of people out there probably wishing they were locked up

His pops AND his mom been involved in all kinds of wild traffic sh*t, stealing, f*ghting, beating up family members and all kinds of sh*t

But his father got that check and that skin provides a bulletproof layer of protection
+5   

1 month ago '19        #17
Megaman 
Props total: 3573 3 K  Slaps total: 4655 4 K
 messy marv stan said

landon kenneth copeland

How is a protest considered terrorism?

Explain the difference.

And don"t regurgitate the CNN explanation since we are all know they are a proven propaganda machine.

Last edited by Megaman; 05-08-2021 at 06:39 AM..

1 month ago '19        #18
Megaman 
 cledee23 said
Unfortunately they should have just follow the Cops direction, they shouldn't have resisted, and they should have complied when they told them not to storm the capitol.
Lol. I see what you did there.

1 month ago '16        #19
BathWaterMelody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 74830 74 K  Slaps total: 10251 10 K

Anthony Antonio

+1   

1 month ago '18        #20
Dehone 
Props total: 56262 56 K  Slaps total: 2304 2 K
No such thing as accountability for these people
+2   

1 month ago '04        #21
gh3tto  OP
 Megaman said

Explain the difference.

And don"t regurgitate the CNN explanation since we are all know they are a proven propaganda machine.
nasty donald worshipping magat

unfortunately for you magat sh*tbags the insurrection and donald will be the albatross hung around the gop's neck for decades

donald will be a rotting corpse soon but his ghost will haunt the gop

+1   

1 month ago '17        #22
DaQCKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 89129 89 K  Slaps total: 3730 3 K
That privilege is something else
Imagine a brotha using "BET" as a defense
+1   

1 month ago '04        #23
VictoryThagr8 
Props total: 8225 8 K  Slaps total: 1581 1 K
 Megaman said

Explain the difference.

It was considered terrorism once they raided the capital building and trying to hunt down pence and democratic leaders.

1 month ago '19        #24
Megaman 
 VictoryThagr8 said
It was considered terrorism once they raided the capital building and trying to hunt down pence and democratic leaders.
Nobody was hunted down. Where do you get type of propaganda from, MSNBC?

It was a protest plain and simple. Nobody was hunting anyone, and none of the protesters who entered the building were armed.

You can't really be stupid enough to beleive that, can you? :whattheduck:

1 month ago '04        #25
gh3tto  OP
 VictoryThagr8 said
that nasty magat knows it was an insurrection

the cultist coward is just upset that all his qanon fantasies didnt come true

that retard has a reich wing brainworm and is suffering from a severe case of foxmania

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+34online now  475
this has to be the most run-down neighborhood in Atlanta
108 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  23
Image(s) inside 24 Boxden liberals arrested during pride celebration in Portland Oregon
124 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+68online now  12
Video inside Jun 11 - Women pissed off men are still catcalling them even while wear..
285 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  8
Jun 12 - 13 injured in downtown Austin, Texas shooting early Saturday
44 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy