DC really has 2-3 Black superheroes total

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '19        #1
1071 page views
39 comments

blackadamwarloc  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 19829 19 K  Slaps total: 3753 3 K
DC really has 2-3 Black superheroes total

and they’re all on the B-team except Cyborg... whos been DC’s token since New 52

John Stewart doesn’t get the clout he deserves... bro was a main reason JLU cartoon was so fire

I used to like Cyborg a lot as the de facto tactical leader of the Titans... but New52 made him into a lame

I don’t even know much about Steel besides the terrible 90s movie with Shaq... why DC

I’m not counting characters like Static and Icon because they weren’t created by DC... there was actually a team of artists who came together to create Milestone comics which included Black heroes like Static because Black heroes weren’t being written right in comics

+5   

best
worst
39 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
bmf24eva  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 15781 15 K  Slaps total: 4382 4 K
Fake news...

+5   

1 month ago '04        #3
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 24314 24 K  Slaps total: 2013 2 K
 bmf24eva said
Fake news...

+4   

1 month ago '04        #4
NAKHI ALLAH 
Icon
Rocket
Hardware
Static
Are milestone creation merged into DC just like wild storm line

Last edited by NAKHI ALLAH; 05-05-2021 at 10:33 PM..
+7   

1 month ago '04        #5
NAKHI ALLAH 
Also off that link vixen is the only one besides op posts that are pre reboots
+3   

1 month ago '19        #6
Rope 
Props total: 7665 7 K  Slaps total: 548 548
Never gonna forget DC missed their shot with a ryan Reynolds green lantern.

Green Lantern was my go to black super hero as a kid abd they basically said fu*k our black fan base with that green lantern movie and it's a even worse that they didn't put him in the justice league movies.

I like cyborg, he's legit, but how can you just act like Teen Titans wasnt their staple show with Cyborg being led by Robin.

Like they don't give a fu*k about making it make sense.

When i was a kid, DC was it but in the cinematic universe age, they suck. They big suck and i don't think they care about their black fan base at all. Cyborg the only cat in the justice league without his own movie. Aquaman has a movie before black green lantern or cyborg, sh*t so disrespectful
+17   

1 month ago '04        #7
Mike T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 68007 68 K  Slaps total: 8857 8 K
exactly make films about them & stop forcing that black superman sh*t. n*ggas have our own characters in DC;
the ones we have are dope fu*k a black superman. but i am also all for wyte tears

Last edited by Mike T; 05-05-2021 at 09:27 PM..
+9   

1 month ago '16        #8
dablakkman 
Props total: 1099 1 K  Slaps total: 351 351
Without mentioning the ones already listed besides Vixen, then Kid Flash, Mr. Terrific, Black Lightning, Aqualad, Black Manta (villain), Atomica, Batwing, Bronze Tiger, Firestorm, Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz

I know you dudes hate DC, but these threads getting ridiculous

I'm a comic book geek, been one for a minute. I rock with all the publishers that I know.
+9   

1 month ago '18        #9
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 47329 47 K  Slaps total: 10378 10 K
Without naming the obvious ones:

Jakeem will be in the next Stargirl season
Chester has been on Flash
Herald was on Teen Titans
Kirby's Willie Walker
Rhiah
DuBois Bloodsport will be in Gunn's SS this year
Nommo
Tyroc
Dominic Mndawe
Tempest - Doom Patrol
Anissa - Black Lightning
Maxwell
Hotspot - Teen Titans
Empress
+9   

1 month ago '13        #10
batmanwithprep  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 17480 17 K  Slaps total: 646 646
The only reason they propped up Cyborg like that is because he's their most recognizable Black hero, sadly. I feel John Stewart could've been DCEUs designated Black Superhero, but I don't know wtf they doing with the GL Corps.

I would LOVE to see Mister Terrific on the big screen, but as long as Batman is around DC will probably only have one powerless human technological genius at a time.
+1   

1 month ago '09        #11
autotm 
Props total: 1456 1 K  Slaps total: 126 126
 Rope said

Green Lantern was my go to black super hero as a kid abd they basically said fu*k our black fan base with that green lantern movie and it's a even worse that they didn't put him in the justice league movies.

I like cyborg, he's legit, but how can you just act like Teen Titans wasnt their staple show with Cyborg being led by Robin.

When i was a kid, DC was it but in the cinematic universe age, they suck. They big suck and i don't think they care about their black fan base at all. Cyborg the only cat in the justice league without his own movie. Aquaman has a movie before black green lantern or cyborg, sh*t so disrespectful
After actually seeing green lantern movie I'm glad they ain't disrespect the john stewart with that sh*t
+2   

1 month ago '04        #12
Jumpoff21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 14002 14 K  Slaps total: 741 741
Yeah DC has always been extremely white, sh*t look up who was supposed to be their first black hero with his own book The black bomber. McDuffie even made fun of it a while back before he passed.

+2   

1 month ago '17        #13
YAYO101 
Props total: 28461 28 K  Slaps total: 1648 1 K
DC Comics Black Superheroes are mostly TRASH I'm not going to lie

Other than John Stewart and Cyborg!

But Mr. Fantastic, Vixen, Black Lightening, Steel I never cared for those Characters much and DC don't give a fu*k about them and they really don't give a fu*k about Dakotaverse/Milestone Media which has their coolest Black Heroes how Ironic!

I think DCEU should flip Black Manta and make him a Hero and give him a Bigger Role

Last edited by YAYO101; 05-05-2021 at 11:09 PM..
+2   

1 month ago '20        #14
CopyCat 
Props total: 7426 7 K  Slaps total: 801 801
I respect homeboys achievements in the comic book industry. However, I'm no longer fascinated with White Superhero Myths or Japanimation they keep that geek sh*t.
These fools is beatin' they d*cks to dudes with capes wearing they're underwear outside smh

1 month ago '19        #15
Rope 
 autotm said
After actually seeing green lantern movie I'm glad they ain't disrespect the john stewart with that sh*t
I didn't watch it but they shoulda put some respect on him regardless.

They had a reference to it in the little teen titans movie where they had lil yachty voicing green lantern.

They disrespected the man and it's fu*ked up how they do a beloved character
+1   

1 month ago '19        #16
Rope 
 Jumpoff21 said
Yeah DC has always been extremely white, sh*t look up who was supposed to be their first black hero with his own book The black bomber. McDuffie even made fun of it a while back before he passed.

Wtf
+5   

1 month ago '08        #17
RustyLorcin 
Props total: 1934 1 K  Slaps total: 1609 1 K
How many Asian, or Latino?

Who cares about that right.

1 month ago '05        #18
Muggz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16278 16 K  Slaps total: 4748 4 K
Black Lightning? he been the leader of The Outsiders who ride with Batman

Mr Terrific? leader of the Terrifics

Firestorm?

Bronze Tiger?

Lucious is basically jarvis to iron man for Batman

id drop villains but u already look stupid

+2   

1 month ago '11        #19
Papa Shango 
Props total: 9511 9 K  Slaps total: 778 778
 Rope said

I was never big into comics so I only knew of the black
[spoiler - click to view]

Green Lantern.

Heard about it, got a little hype. Saw the movie trailer....

+2   

1 month ago '19        #20
Rope 
 Papa Shango said

Green Lantern.

Same

I only fu*ked with comics in passing but i was big on the cartoons, movies, games, toys etc.

I knew there was a white green lantern but thought for sure they would go with the black one because he was in the cartoons, games and toys... But the international movie market racist af I'll give them that but they could have been brave trail blazers instead of scared a*s mfs who missed the oppurtunity to change the landscape.
+1   

1 month ago '17        #21
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 72506 72 K  Slaps total: 19304 19 K
 Papa Shango said

Green Lantern.

That’s because Green lantern was just a title. just like with James Bond. that’s just a code name, so he could be Asian, black, white...

1 month ago '17        #22
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 72506 72 K  Slaps total: 19304 19 K
I’ll say this.... why do people act like black and white are the only races? Especially when it comes to these marvel/DC characters

Yea there might not be a lot of blacks, but does there have to be? Where are the black creators? That’s like going to a black hood and saying “where are the white babies?”

But what if every ethnicity asked where was their super hero? How many Arabs are there? Indian? Chinese?

1 month ago '16        #23
Killa 
Props total: 1025 1 K  Slaps total: 629 629
 Rope said
Same

I only fu*ked with comics in passing but i was big on the cartoons, movies, games, toys etc.

I knew there was a white green lantern but thought for sure they would go with the black one because he was in the cartoons, games and toys... But the international movie market racist af I'll give them that but they could have been brave trail blazers instead of scared a*s mfs who missed the oppurtunity to change the landscape.
They say tht but will Smith is one of the most recognizable actors in the world
+1   

1 month ago '19        #24
blackadamwarloc  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5 OP
Props total: 19829 19 K  Slaps total: 3753 3 K
 Muggz said
Black Lightning? he been the leader of The Outsiders who ride with Batman

Mr Terrific? leader of the Terrifics

Firestorm?

Bronze Tiger?

Lucious is basically jarvis to iron man for Batman

id drop villains but u already look stupid

I like Bronze Tiger a lot but 1) he’s a villain dude

2) everybody u named are B and C list... proving my point

1 month ago '21        #25
JugBeats 
Props total: 1823 1 K  Slaps total: 52 52
its true. DC movies will continue to be extra white because they just want to copy marvel, meanwhile marvel movies & tv are becoming MORE diverse. black superman wont fix the REAL problem.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  153
Why can't these Chicago rappers let Tooka rest?
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  20
Image(s) inside actors you thought would have blown up
133 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+390online now  18
Hell Yeah!!! After 3 Long Years Ya Boy Is A Gracie jiu jitsu Black Belt.
566 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+370online now  9
Azaelia Banks Reminds Candace Owens what her status would be if she was around..
199 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy