May 5 - Atlanta police reinstates cop Garrett Rolfe charged with murder of Rayshard Brooks

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+45  51
128 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '04        #1
1225 page views
44 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 5058 5 K  Slaps total: 747 747
May 5 - Atlanta police reinstates cop Garrett Rolfe charged with murder of Rayshard Brooks

Atlanta police have reinstated cop Garrett Rolfe who is charged with the murder of Rayshard Brooks after shooting him outside a Wendy's last year.*
Rolfe, 27, shot and k*lled Brooks, also 27, on June 12 when he and Officer Devin Brosnan were called to the drive-thru at the fast food joint in Atlanta, Georgia, by customers who said a man was asleep at the wheel.**

The six-year police veteran was charged with 11 counts over Brooks' death including felony murder.*

He was also fired by the Atlanta Police Department one day after Brooks' death.*

The Atlanta Civil Service Board announced its decision to reverse the termination of his employment with the force Wednesday.*

'Due to the City's failure to comply with several provisions of the Code and the information received during witnesses' testimony, the Board concludes the Appellant was not afforded his right to due process,' the board concluded.*

'Therefore, the Board grants the Appeal of Garrett Rolfe and revokes his dismissal as an employee of the APD.'

The ruling doesn’t mean Rolfe will be back on the streets. In fact, he won’t actually be allowed to return to work, as his bond prevents him from possessing a firearm or being around other officers, said attorney Lance LoRusso, who represented the 28-year-old officer in front of the civil service board.

“He’d essentially be on administrative leave pending the outcome of the charges against them,” LoRusso said.

Rolfe was fired last June one day after he shot Brooks in a Wendy’s parking lot. A scuffle followed after Brooks struck the other officer on the scene, Devin Brosnan, hard enough to cause a concussion, grabbed his Taser and aimed it at Rolfe, who then fired.

Brooks’ death led to widespread unrest in the city; the Wendy’s was torched and later razed.

Within a week, Rolfe was charged with felony murder by former Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard. Brosnan, who wasn’t fired, faces lesser charges including aggravated a*sault.

That case remains in limbo, however, as Howard’s successor, Fani Willis, has sought to recuse her office. Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr denied Willis’ recusal, and a judge has yet to decide what happens next.

visit this link https://www.ajc.com/news/ .. OR2OHIMZTPU2U/
+4   

best
worst
44 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
smokeytheblunt2 
Props total: 44290 44 K  Slaps total: 2512 2 K
great time to be reinstating cops with questionable pasts........

and where exactly was he at when his partner caught the punch and had his taser taken? clearly he was close enough to feel threatened by the taser to fire the shots. sounds like dude is a pu**y and really sh*tty at his job anyway........

I'd be shocked if this dude isnt in the news again for another murder or being murdered........
+7   

1 month ago '09        #3
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x65
Props total: 225381 225 K  Slaps total: 25271 25 K
white trash cave dweller @ is behind this smh
+1   

1 month ago '16        #4
smokeytheblunt2 
and not for nothing but they should raise the age limit on cop applications. I dont think ive ever met a 21 year old that should have a fu*king badge.......
+25   

1 month ago '20        #5
Fianchetto 
Props total: 1390 1 K  Slaps total: 5024 5 K
The shooting seemed to be justified. I'm glad this man has a path toward restoring his reputation as a police officer. It must have been a difficult year for him. I look forward to seeing him cleared of all charges. The justice system works.

1 month ago '19        #6
Punch Out 
Props total: 14916 14 K  Slaps total: 3641 3 K
 Fianchetto said
The shooting seemed to be justified. I'm glad this man has a path toward restoring his reputation as a police officer. It must have been a difficult year for him. I look forward to seeing him cleared of all charges. The justice system works.
f*g**t
+5   

1 month ago '05        #7
Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 8910 8 K  Slaps total: 2428 2 K
'Due to the City's failure to comply with several provisions of the Code and the information received during witnesses' testimony, the Board concludes the Appellant was not afforded his right to due process,'
+1   

1 month ago '06        #8
daffysm 
Props total: 5727 5 K  Slaps total: 2993 2 K
 smokeytheblunt2 said
and not for nothing but they should raise the age limit on cop applications. I dont think ive ever met a 21 year old that should have a fu*king badge.......
be prepared to raise the age for military entrance then...

the FORMER district attorney is to blame here
+1   

1 month ago '04        #9
7twelve 
Props total: 32212 32 K  Slaps total: 7694 7 K
 jlandryst said

Atlanta police have reinstated cop Garrett Rolfe who is charged with the murder of Rayshard Brooks after shooting him outside a Wendy's last year.*
Rolfe, 27, shot and k*lled Brooks, also 27, on June 12 when he and Officer Devin Brosnan were called to the drive-thru at the fast food joint in Atlanta, Georgia, by customers who said a man was asleep at the wheel.**

The six-year police veteran was charged with 11 counts over Brooks' death including felony murder.

He was also fired by the Atlanta Police Department one day after Brooks' death.*

The Atlanta Civil Service Board announced its decision to reverse the termination of his employment with the force Wednesday.*

'Due to the City's failure to comply with several provisions of the Code and the information received during witnesses' testimony, the Board concludes the Appellant was not afforded his right to due process,' the board concluded.*

'Therefore, the Board grants the Appeal of Garrett Rolfe and revokes his dismissal as an employee of the APD.'

The ruling doesn’t mean Rolfe will be back on the streets. In fact, he won’t actually be allowed to return to work, as his bond prevents him from possessing a firearm or being around other officers, said attorney Lance LoRusso, who represented the 28-year-old officer in front of the civil service board.

“He’d essentially be on administrative leave pending the outcome of the charges against them,” LoRusso said.

Rolfe was fired last June one day after he shot Brooks in a Wendy’s parking lot. A scuffle followed after Brooks struck the other officer on the scene, Devin Brosnan, hard enough to cause a concussion, grabbed his Taser and aimed it at Rolfe, who then fired.

Brooks’ death led to widespread unrest in the city; the Wendy’s was torched and later razed.

Within a week, Rolfe was charged with felony murder by former Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard. Brosnan, who wasn’t fired, faces lesser charges including aggravated a*sault.

That case remains in limbo, however, as Howard’s successor, Fani Willis, has sought to recuse her office. Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr denied Willis’ recusal, and a judge has yet to decide what happens next.

is hr in jail or free?

doesnt surprise me, the cop hopped out the whip and k*lled the child at the park in ohio was fired and rehired by another department who said he deserves another chance.

same cop was determined not fit to be a cop while in cop academy training

Last edited by 7twelve; 05-05-2021 at 12:06 PM..
+3   

1 month ago '08        #10
Lot17 
Props total: 4381 4 K  Slaps total: 990 990
 smokeytheblunt2 said
It sounds good in paper but realistically how many 30 year olds wake up and suddenly wanna become cops? You'd have to be prepped ur whole life to want to get into the profession. The closest thing would be like armed security jobs until they reach cop age to then get into that.

I think training should be like 2 years rather than putting a age limit. A 21 year old is easier to teach rather than a 30 year old already cynical imo
+5   

1 month ago '16        #11
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x34
Props total: 99806 99 K  Slaps total: 18790 18 K
evidence of genocide

1 month ago '05        #12
Soprano ATL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 22826 22 K  Slaps total: 1847 1 K
It’s not like he’s going back on the street. It was a procedural error, our Mayor fu*ked this one up. He is still going to trial for murder. Pray he’s convicted.
+5   

1 month ago '10        #13
IITHUNDABR3ADII 
Props total: 4928 4 K  Slaps total: 1414 1 K
 smokeytheblunt2 said
great time to be reinstating cops with questionable pasts........

and where exactly was he at when his partner caught the punch and had his taser taken? clearly he was close enough to feel threatened by the taser to fire the shots. sounds like dude is a pu**y and really sh*tty at his job anyway........

I'd be shocked if this dude isnt in the news again for another murder or being murdered........

> clearly he was close enough to feel threatened by the taser to fire the shots. sounds like dude is a pu**y and really sh*tty at his job anyway........

"Hur dur... Why didn't the cop tase the girl a second before she stabbed another girl to death. Clearly a taser is so good that it would have stopped the threat instantly. "

Also

"Hur dur... Its just a taser. Its not like he could incapacitate one of them with it and take his firearm away. "

Tasers are insta-downs or they aren't. Yall need to pick a narrative and stick with it.

1 month ago '11        #14
Inspires  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42779 42 K  Slaps total: 3379 3 K
bx is the new stormfront
+9   

1 month ago '16        #15
Boogie1790  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 54226 54 K  Slaps total: 8553 8 K
I woulda shot that n*gga too.

Glad dude ain't loose his job

1 month ago '04        #16
Real 
Props total: 21815 21 K  Slaps total: 2999 2 K
The guy was clearly passed out from being drunk, and woke up still intoxicated.

If i remember correctly, this cop fu*ked with him for over an hour, poking and prodding at the n*gga with the same dumb a*s questions that he clearly couldn't answer properly, for aboslutely no fu*king reason. Either take the guy in, put him in a cell and let him sleep it off, or offer to take him home. Hard to not think that had the guy been yt, that one of these two options wouldn't have been the immediate go to after maybe 5-10 minutes of questions.

An hour of poking at a intoxicated man who didn't even know where the fu*k he was at, and they wonder why he finally lost his sh*t. And now he's dead.

Humans are so fu*king far gone from common decency that sh*t like this just doesn't matter. A cop can repeatedly poke at you and you're expected to just sit there and eat it or die.

fu*k all of these sh*tty a*s evil piece of sh*t cops who absolutely fu*king suck at their got damn jobs.
+11   

1 month ago '20        #17
MeNoSenYouNoCom  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 28879 28 K  Slaps total: 2958 2 K
 Inspires said
bx is the new stormfront
yup...back to the get money section I go
+4   

1 month ago '18        #18
Dehone 
Props total: 56439 56 K  Slaps total: 2309 2 K
That case remains in limbo, however, as Howard’s successor, Fani Willis, has sought to recuse her office.

Folks in GA voted Paul Howard out for this chick who got donations from police unions as well as the attorney who is representing the cop who murdered Rayshard Brooks

+2   

1 month ago '18        #19
Proffesor X  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 55626 55 K  Slaps total: 13386 13 K
So at the very least they cant even ban the man from being an officer...that's just amazingly redundant....and 6 months and counting and Biden is silent as ever over some of these hard approach promises when it came to reform.....you got white idiots storming the US capital with weapons AND k*llING COPS ..getting slaps on the wrist while allowing cops who've k*lled under questionable circumstances back on the street to possibly k*ll again.
+2   

1 month ago '16        #20
CashBlack1234 
Props total: 3434 3 K  Slaps total: 4358 4 K
 Fianchetto said
100 pct justified. Dont let these clowns on here change ur opinion they dont look at any of the stories they just look for the color of the people and pick a side with no details. Just like the guy in detroit who pulled a gun fired at the cops then the cops shot and k*lled him and all the black people were asking for justice lollllll. Buncha clowns. They want justice for my mans after he shot at officers first

1 month ago '15        #21
Kehinde 
Props total: 4969 4 K  Slaps total: 1844 1 K
Imminent threat doesn't apply here, a taser isn't a lethal weapon no matter how yall savages try to spin it. White folks beat police with their own batons and steal their cars and still live to talk about it.

A lot of yall don't have any humanity, should've burnt down the precinct not the Wendy's but w/e
+6   

1 month ago '16        #22
smokeytheblunt2 
 Lot17 said
It sounds good in paper but realistically how many 30 year olds wake up and suddenly wanna become cops? You'd have to be prepped ur whole life to want to get into the profession. The closest thing would be like armed security jobs until they reach cop age to then get into that.

I think training should be like 2 years rather than putting a age limit. A 21 year old is easier to teach rather than a 30 year old already cynical imo
idk how what the solution is but i wouldn’t trust most 21 year olds to even watch my house when i’m out of town.......

people will slap and they’ll disagree but people are aging differently these days both mentally and physically and a lot of 21 year olds still have the mindsets of teenagers. this peter pan syndrome started a generation or two before mine and have passed it down.......
+2   

1 month ago '16        #23
smokeytheblunt2 
 IITHUNDABR3ADII said
> clearly he was close enough to feel threatened by the taser to fire the shots. sounds like dude is a pu**y and really sh*tty at his job anyway........

"Hur dur... Why didn't the cop tase the girl a second before she stabbed another girl to death. Clearly a taser is so good that it would have stopped the threat instantly. "

"Hur dur... Its just a taser. Its not like he could incapacitate one of them with it and take his firearm away. "

Tasers are insta-downs or they aren't. Yall need to pick a narrative and stick with it.

cool, skip over the part about how he did nothing to prevent his partner from being punched and getting his taser taken........

and that “hur dur” sh*t is one of the lamest things a person can say.......
+1   

1 month ago '16        #24
smokeytheblunt2 
 Kehinde said
Imminent threat doesn't apply here, a taser isn't a lethal weapon no matter how yall savages try to spin it. White folks beat police with their own batons and steal their cars and still live to talk about it.

A lot of yall don't have any humanity, should've burnt down the precinct not the Wendy's but w/e
bx’s double digit iq gang lacks any kind of rational thinking........
+4   

1 month ago '04        #25
Real 
Props total: 21815 21 K  Slaps total: 2999 2 K
2 grown a*s 'trained' officers, and one drunk man that was awaken from a black out sleep and they still couldn't handle the situation without having to k*ll him
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+38online now  13
Video inside When Flexing your scam money on the gram goes wrong.
144 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-24online now  11
If I'm Jalen Rose, I am banging Maria Taylor
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  8
Image(s) inside Daughter Of Mexican Cartel Boss Sentenced To US Prison For Violation O..
48 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+84online now  7
If you are good with money, I need your genuine help BX…
114 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy