Why Star Wars' Latest Comic Reveal May Be A Big Deal For The Franchise

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
49 replies  @sports

most viewed right now
18 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '18        #1
1171 page views
29 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x91
Props total: 114468 114 K  Slaps total: 5236 5 K
Why Star Wars' Latest Comic Reveal May Be A Big Deal For The Franchise

"The Star Wars movie world is in a holding pattern for the moment, which means, as is often the case for the franchise, TV and other media is keeping the universe alive. Fans are likely well aware of the television shows keeping the franchise relevant, but they may be less aware of the current Star Wars comics fleshing out the universe and revealing some potentially game-changing story elements that weren't previously revealed in past Star Wars content.

The latest of these developments came in Darth Vader #11, where readers may have learned what became of Luke Skywalker's hand after it was severed by Vader on Cloud City. So what became of this hand, and why could it soon become a very relevant part of Star Wars lore? Let's break down what we learned and what it could potentially mean for the future of Star Wars.

What Happened To Luke Skywalker's Severed Hand

We all know that Luke Skywalker got his hand lopped off by his father in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, and then found out Darth Vader was his father soon after. What we didn't know (at least after Disney's acquisition of the franchise) is what became of that hand, and now we may have an answer. In Darth Vader #11, we saw Vader make his way to Exegol, where he learned of Palpatine's secret cloning facility.

That part, for readers, may not be that interesting, but the severed hand Vader spotted to the side absolutely will be. It would appear that this hand was studied and possibly even used on Exegol for some experiments. Provided this is Luke's hand (which feels likely), this could mean some big things for the Star Wars mythos.

Luke Skywalker's Hand Was Used To Create Supreme Leader Snoke?

We've already seen Exegol had cloning chambers thanks to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, and there was also a strandcast (a bioengineered organism) that bore a striking resemblance to the villain from The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, Supreme Leader Snoke. We know that Snoke strandcasts were puppets for Palpatine to act as head of the First Order, but the exact process of how Snoke was created is still a mystery.

That is, unless the Darth Vader comic just hinted that Luke Skywalker's DNA was used to create strandcasts that could be used to make a serviceable (though imperfect) vessel for the Emperor to flex his will through. We know that Luke is Force-sensitive and is quite powerful using this mystical energy. Is it possible his hand could be used to create a bunch of strandcasts that the Emperor could run through? I'm not entirely sure, but it wouldn't be the craziest thing to suggest to Star Wars fans.

Making Luke's hand the source of Supreme Leader Snoke would be a neat way to tie the universe together, though it's ultimately a detail that doesn't change the Star Wars mythos in a massive way. That's usually the type of detail the comics would like to include, as it wouldn't shake up the Star Wars universe so much that someone who only watches television or the movies will be lost. For that reason, I feel this reveal will be the most likely option, though not the only one we could see.

Did The Sith Eternal Create a Luke Skywalker Clone?

Another possibility is that the Sith Eternal took Luke Skywalker's hand and, believe it or not, created a clone of Luke Skywalker. It may sound ridiculous, cliché and improbable, but those who feel that way obviously don't know that a clone version of Skywalker was previously done before. Yes, Legends fans, I'm saying it's definitely possible after this Darth Vader comic that "Luuke Skywalker" could once again be canon.

No, that's not a typo. Star Wars once had an evil clone of Luke Skywalker named Luuke Skywalker. This clone was grown from the hand in the course of a month and trained afterwards in the Dark Side to ultimately take on Luke Skywalker and defeat him. The character was introduced in the Timothy Zahn-penned book The Last Command and died after he was k*lled by Palpatine's former hand and Skywalker's future wife, Mara Jade.

The story is a bit silly, but it has a strangely similar setup given the severed hand in a jar found in the Darth Vader comic. A potential Luke Skywalker clone running around would be a pretty huge deal, especially if his existence was unknown to this point. Like, imagine that it was an evil clone Luke that picked up Grogu in The Mandalorian, and not the real one? That seems unlikely given the Luke that arrived had an X-Wing and R2-D2, but I'd almost imagine finding a replica astromech and X-Wing would be the easy part of that process.

Is The Severed Hand Actually Luke Skywalker's?

While it hasn't been explicitly revealed that the severed hand in the jar on Exegol belonged to Luke Skywalker, there's solid reason enough to a*sume it's his as opposed to Anakin Skywalker's or Count Dooku. Sure, the Emperor would feasibly have access to all those severed hands with his resources, but there's a time element that makes it more likely to be the hand of Skywalker.

The current run of Marvel's Darth Vader comic book series is set between the events of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Given that, and the fact that Luke lost his hand within that timeframe, it's only logical to a*sume this hand was indeed Luke Skywalker's that Vader spotted, though we have no clues yet as to what it could possibly be used for. Honestly, I'm hoping for the Skywalker clone angle just for the sheer chaos it could create in the story and with fans, but I'm not counting on it to happen."

visit this link https://www.cinemablend.c .. er-darth-vader
+4   

best
worst
29 comments

2 months ago '17        #2
DavidTheMan 
Props total: 16453 16 K  Slaps total: 9660 9 K
LOL.
Star Wars is effectively dead except for the mandolorian.

EU was k*lled by disney for no reason.
Movies k*lled by Disney and Kathleen for stupid reasons.
Half of LucasArts is run by idiots with no love or knowledge of star wars.
+17   

2 months ago '06        #3
Storchaveli  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 22241 22 K  Slaps total: 4746 4 K
Franchise will always be alive but they need a better plan for the movies. The last 2 were disappointing. Personally I don’t care about the comics or cartoons even if they’re considered canon.
+7   

2 months ago '15        #4
RickJamez 
Props total: 8706 8 K  Slaps total: 1608 1 K

+5   

2 months ago '04        #5
eazyvaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 40333 40 K  Slaps total: 1814 1 K
Think they should stay away from the movies and just focus on the Disney Plus series. I am waiting for that Obi Wan more than anything else they could think of announcing.
+3   

2 months ago '18        #6
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 59497 59 K  Slaps total: 4757 4 K
They need to restart I just rewatched the new trilogy its fu*king a*s, and they have some great characters but they pushed Rey so hard on us, Poe is not han but was a cool character just not fleshed out right, and Finn was a waste of a fu*king character he had so much fu*king potential. Kylo Ren was meh.....

I really enjoyed Rogue One and the tone it had.
+5   

2 months ago '12        #7
Jo Blow 
Props total: 7053 7 K  Slaps total: 1024 1 K
 DavidTheMan said
LOL.
Star Wars is effectively dead except for the mandolorian.

EU was k*lled by disney for no reason.
Movies k*lled by Disney and Kathleen for stupid reasons.
Half of LucasArts is run by idiots with no love or knowledge of star wars.
yea, right! they just dropped bad batch too, the clone wars spin off. and they got hella sh*t coming down the pipeline for disney

2 months ago '04        #8
young_fletch 
Props total: 3148 3 K  Slaps total: 505 505
They still pushing this cloning concept. Trash! Cloning force sensitivity shouldn't be a thing. Hard pass on any future star wars movie.
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '17        #9
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 72666 72 K  Slaps total: 19589 19 K
The only n*gga in Star Wars that matters

+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '21        #10
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 7066 7 K  Slaps total: 1683 1 K
Never cared for the movies , I’d always fall asleep watching them

Now the games are a different story

2 months ago '04        #11
mrjam7 
Props total: 2396 2 K  Slaps total: 148 148
jon favreau and dave filoni are the only ones keeping star wars afloat with the mando and clone wars show and now bad batch !! KK is using her own perosnal agenda and wokeness in the main story line and thats why nobody cares for it
+6   

2 months ago '16        #12
Blackaveli 
Props total: 2099 2 K  Slaps total: 210 210
 DUCEDUCE said
They need to restart I just rewatched the new trilogy its fu*king a*s, and they have some great characters but they pushed Rey so hard on us, Poe is not han but was a cool character just not fleshed out right, and Finn was a waste of a fu*king character he had so much fu*king potential. Kylo Ren was meh.....

I really enjoyed Rogue One and the tone it had.
Not even being bias, but if Finn acted like a G and was a Jedi, the movies would have been ALOT better.
+3   

2 months ago '15        #13
Kdub31 
Props total: 19390 19 K  Slaps total: 1871 1 K
A clone from his hand... naaaw I’m done

+6   

2 months ago '17        #14
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 167304 167 K  Slaps total: 11603 11 K
If only they followed the "Legends" continuity where Luke rebuilt the Jedi temple.

+3   

2 months ago '16        #15
Barbarianbob 
Props total: 1786 1 K  Slaps total: 177 177
Bruh wtf is this sh*t

Why is it so hard for Hollywood just to follow proven source material

They have too many storylines they could’ve ran with to fix things but they keep adding new garbage

I always liked the idea that Snoke was really Darth Plagueis

It would’ve made more sense and tied things together so much better smh

+3   

1 month ago '16        #16
Jax 
Props total: 1909 1 K  Slaps total: 309 309
They made all the movies after the original trilogy, unnecessarily complicated to understand. The prequels with their midichlorians and the latest trilogy with cloning, Force projections and the Emperor seeking to pass his soul into the body of a person who has enough power in the Force to contain him. It was a clusterfu*k.

The original Trilogy was fairly easy to understand, yet kept the audience fascinated and entertained.

1 month ago '16        #17
Jax 
 Barbarianbob said
Bruh wtf is this sh*t

Why is it so hard for Hollywood just to follow proven source material

They have too many storylines they could’ve ran with to fix things but they keep adding new garbage

I always liked the idea that Snoke was really Darth Plagueis

It would’ve made more sense and tied things together so much better smh

Exactly. Snoke should have been Plagueis. And to take it a step further, they should've shown a backstory of Jar Jar Binks being revealed as Plagueis. They could've shown how Obi Wan found out and deformed him in a battle, thus transitioning him into the alias of Snoke.
+2   

1 month ago '04        #18
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 22207 22 K  Slaps total: 3470 3 K
 Kdub31 said
A clone from his hand... naaaw I’m done

Even in old Canon it was the same concept....and to clone in that universe all u need is dna..... the hand was a perfect specimen.... how can u not see that?? Lol..

1 month ago '04        #19
 Jax said
Exactly. Snoke should have been Plagueis. And to take it a step further, they should've shown a backstory of Jar Jar Binks being revealed as Plagueis. They could've shown how Obi Wan found out and deformed him in a battle, thus transitioning him into the alias of Snoke.

Get the fu*k outta here with that sh*tty jar jar theory...... it is not Canon or legend...just a sh*tty fan theory.....

1 month ago '15        #20
Kdub31 
 marcchrome said
Even in old Canon it was the same concept....and to clone in that universe all u need is dna..... the hand was a perfect specimen.... how can u not see that?? Lol..
Why k*ll luke off just to clone him??? disney is fuccin up... might as well make all of last jedi a dream sequence or travel bacc in time or any other corny cliche plot tool
+1   

1 month ago '16        #21
Jax 
 marcchrome said
Get the fu*k outta here with that sh*tty jar jar theory...... it is not Canon or legend...just a sh*tty fan theory.....
A fan theory is just that. A theory. Who the fu*k said anything about it being canon? Heck, it's a hell of a lot better than the stupid sh*t Disney fed everyone with the new trilogy.
+1   

1 month ago '04        #22
 Jax said
A fan theory is just that. A theory. Who the fu*k said anything about it being canon? Heck, it's a hell of a lot better than the stupid sh*t Disney fed everyone with the new trilogy.
Aight bet... I took it as u were saying jar jar fan theory was canon.... that fan theory as a film would not be better then the last sequel films. Yes they were not consistent but you exaggerate papa..... just saying..

1 month ago '04        #23
 Kdub31 said
Why k*ll luke off just to clone him??? disney is fuccin up... might as well make all of last jedi a dream sequence or travel bacc in time or any other corny cliche plot tool
That film as far as Luke dying dies not coincide with original canon luke... Luke lost his hand after f*ghting Vader on bespin.. the hand was recovered by agents of the emperor... then the cloning of Luke began. He lost his hand not his life.. even in the last jedi luke has the robotic hand....

1 month ago '15        #24
Kdub31 
 marcchrome said
That film as far as Luke dying dies not coincide with original canon luke... Luke lost his hand after f*ghting Vader on bespin.. the hand was recovered by agents of the emperor... then the cloning of Luke began. He lost his hand not his life.. even in the last jedi luke has the robotic hand....
I know all of that. All I’m saying is that if it’s disney’s plan to bring him bacc as a new character after k*lling him off its dumb
+1   

1 month ago '04        #25
 Kdub31 said
I know all of that. All I’m saying is that if it’s disney’s plan to bring him bacc as a new character after k*lling him off its dumb
Well the reason for that is... after the disaster of sequel films....Disney wants to retcon all 3...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  55
Jun 19 - Mother shot dead in front of her 2 kids in Rochester, NY
60 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+408online now  38
Hell Yeah!!! After 3 Long Years Ya Boy Is A Gracie jiu jitsu Black Belt.
779 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+18online now  38
Why can't these Chicago rappers let Tooka rest?
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  19
Video inside No-Go Zones - World’s Toughest Places | Seven Mile Road, Detroit, USA |..
28 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy