May 4 - Derek Chauvin's legal team requests new trial, alleging jury misconduct

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
11 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 days ago '04        #1
1859 page views
72 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 3061 3 K  Slaps total: 578 578
May 4 - Derek Chauvin's legal team requests new trial, alleging jury misconduct

Derek Chauvin's lawyer filed a motion on Tuesday in Hennepin County, Minnesota, for a new trial on grounds including jury misconduct and the state's failure to "adequately prepare its witnesses."

Why it matters: Chauvin was found guilty of murder and manslaughter last month. He k*lled George Floyd last year after kneeling on his neck for more than nine minutes.

A photo of one of the jurors who convicted the former Minneapolis police officer has raised questions about his impartiality during the trial, and about whether the verdict could be overturned in an appeal.

Defense attorney Mike Padden told the Minneapolis-based Star Tribune it is "disconcerting" that 31-year-old juror Brandon Mitchell did not divulge that he attended the anniversary of the March on Washington last summer, adding he may have been removed from the jury pool had he done so.

What they're saying: "The State committed pervasive, prejudicial prosecutorial misconduct, which deprived Mr. Chauvin of his constitutional rights to due process and a fair trial, including but not limited to: disparaging the Defense; improper vouching; and failing to adequately prepare its witnesses," the motion reads.

visit this link https://www.axios.com/der .. 231f23f0a.html
+3   

best
worst
72 comments

4 days ago '20        #2
BuiltForThis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 10976 10 K  Slaps total: 19754 19 K
@ ha ha ha non murder Fed charges

4 days ago '06        #3
Malcolm  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11574 11 K  Slaps total: 1148 1 K
They'll look for any and everything to try to get old boy off.
+24   

4 days ago '20        #4
GarykingOftheD 
Props total: 4365 4 K  Slaps total: 237 237
Sit where u at buddy

+27   

4 days ago '20        #5
Jimmy2times 
Props total: 15996 15 K  Slaps total: 1298 1 K
 BuiltForThis said
@ ha ha ha non murder Fed charges

So what are you doing exactly? Rooting for Derek Chauvin?
+11   

4 days ago '17        #6
TheLastNonEarth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 104109 104 K  Slaps total: 10772 10 K
I hate to say it, but the fact that one juror was a blm activist seems like grounds for a retrial

Personally I just think he'll keep getting the same outcome every time. This trial is too political.

More people have seen that tape than the Zapruder film, the R Kelly pee tape and Hot n*gga combined. Everybody is also aware of how it led to an entire summer of protests.

He can only find biased blm jurors or Low-key racist jurors who will pretend to be unbiased just because they want him freed to p*ss everybody off.
+19   

4 days ago '04        #7
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 19267 19 K  Slaps total: 1583 1 K
Yea there is no way to get a impartial jury
+11   

4 days ago '20        #8
BuiltForThis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 10976 10 K  Slaps total: 19754 19 K
 Jimmy2times said
Still rootin for murder 1

4 days ago '07        #9
Exquisit 
Props total: 1610 1 K  Slaps total: 276 276
da n*gga k*lled a man in broad daylight... wasting resources...
+22   

4 days ago '20        #10
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29763 29 K  Slaps total: 5733 5 K
It's amazing how hard Chauvins lawyer is f*ghting for him & how little the union lawyer fought for Cariole Horne when she tried to do the right thing
+15   

4 days ago '18        #11
J0e Bl0w 
Props total: 5413 5 K  Slaps total: 1778 1 K
I GOT YO NEW TRIAL HANGING!!

+13   

4 days ago '05        #12
blackninja 
Props total: 20817 20 K  Slaps total: 2067 2 K
The alternate already said they would have found him guilty. Does that matter?

Just give him a day in general population. He will have ZERO worries after that.
+14   

4 days ago '05        #13
bootsy 
Props total: 1911 1 K  Slaps total: 229 229
 blackninja said
The alternate already said they would have found him guilty. Does that matter?

Exactly. Go ahead and get a different jury. You're going to get the same result.
+5   

4 days ago '21        #14
Mr Wendal  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 2323 2 K  Slaps total: 970 970
 TheLastNonEarth said
I hate to say it, but the fact that one juror was a blm activist seems like grounds for a retrial

Personally I just think he'll keep getting the same outcome every time. This trial is too political.

More people have seen that tape than the Zapruder film, the R Kelly pee tape and Hot n*gga combined. Everybody is also aware of how it led to an entire summer of protests.

He can only find biased blm jurors or Low-key racist jurors who will pretend to be unbiased just because they want him freed to p*ss everybody off.
First time i ever agree with you.
The matter isnt if chauvin deserves to be in prison , i personally think he does. How long isnt up to me . However the problem is the juror lied during screening and said hes never been to a protest and never followed much of the floyd case when hes wearing a dam shirt on his facebook that reads "i cant breathe" while at a george floyd protest ! Um duhhh.
Secondly yes the trial is to political. He will never get a fair trial , ezpecially when main stream media is screening jurors and posting all of thier personal info and antifa is threatening them. No judge would want this case either.
So i say having to sacrifice chauvin and just keep him guilty is worth it to keep the peace if you think hes guilty or not. Its not worth the repercussions. It goes against everything i believe and im sure alot of jurors too but noone wants their house burned down and family threatened. Including me lol

Last edited by Mr Wendal; 05-04-2021 at 05:57 PM..

4 days ago '11        #15
PotheadFocker 
Props total: 27640 27 K  Slaps total: 3249 3 K
Request this d*ck

4 days ago '05        #16
lilwheezy 
Props total: 1797 1 K  Slaps total: 207 207
That's why it made me uncomfortable when that juror was speaking out last week. Keep your mouth shut because you know they're going to try for an appeal but don't make it easy on them.
+3   

4 days ago '16        #17
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 72092 72 K  Slaps total: 9805 9 K
He's going to get fed charges and the tax evasion charges are coming too. This boy is done but if his lawyers can squeeze some more billable hours out of his dumbass family more power to em I hope Chauvin dies in prison and these goons bankrupt his family

+16   

4 days ago '05        #18
MidNiteBlues 
Props total: 23969 23 K  Slaps total: 556 556
Hey Chauvin and Co.......

Eat a d*ck.
+8   

4 days ago '04        #19
jumpman2304  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12218 12 K  Slaps total: 1925 1 K
 Boogersugar said
He's going to get fed charges and the tax evasion charges are coming too. This boy is done but if his lawyers can squeeze some more billable hours out of his dumbass family more power to em I hope Chauvin dies in prison and these goons bankrupt his family

People barely even know about the tax evasion sh*t .. he getting time for that too ..

But yeah , this sh*t will be a waste . This man is guilty no matter what the fu*k they try and do .

Dragging this bullsh*t out even longer .
+8   

4 days ago '19        #20
skippa 
Props total: 6988 6 K  Slaps total: 952 952
 TheLastNonEarth said

If that's the case we got a whole heap of adjudications to go through since the inception of this nation.
+10   

4 days ago '16        #21
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 64917 64 K  Slaps total: 3948 3 K
Standard practice in big trials like this judge will deny the motion
+3   

4 days ago '10        #22
DEAVIS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 12282 12 K  Slaps total: 1846 1 K
We knew this would happen and we also seen the video...his racist murderous a*s will be found guilty again!
+3   

4 days ago '15        #23
majorpain1963 
Props total: 9187 9 K  Slaps total: 847 847
 Jimmy2times said
He's a pathetic troll.

If you haven't utilized your ignore list before this would be a good time to bless that.
+7   

4 days ago '18        #24
The3 
Props total: 9179 9 K  Slaps total: 1541 1 K
This tv show has a new season now the juror is a BLM member

+1   

4 days ago '08        #25
Ron O'Neal 
Props total: 4069 4 K  Slaps total: 130 130
So let me get this right. You want to request a new trial because of someone at a protest but it's perfectly ok for you to bring to the stand a so called expert witness who a year ago had to resign from his job and during his testimony he was currently and still is involved in a lawsuit for a different wrongful death where he's being accused of falsifying evidence. Get entirely the fukk outta here
+15   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  18
Title f*ght: Canelo Alvarez vs. Billy Joe Saunders (5/8 8pm ET DAZN)
1089 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  12
Article inside Black Panther 2’s Synopsis Is Pretty Cryptic, But Michael B. Jordan H..
58 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+93online now  11
Video inside Man Goes Through His Girlfriend's Phone, Video Calls The Dude She Was D..
188 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+52online now  4
Article inside Police confirm Pop Smoke k*ller is 15, told entire story to a snitch ..
311 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy