If we’re made in God’s image does he have humor ???

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+25  85
107 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section Interesting ...

1 week ago '21        #1
522 page views
25 comments

Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 2332 2 K  Slaps total: 484 484
If we’re made in God’s image does he have humor ???

The Bible says we’re made in gods image so surely god must have humor

Do you think god ever says a meme and goes LMAOOOO
+3   

best
worst
25 comments

1 week ago '20        #2
D1dnt read 
Props total: 17736 17 K  Slaps total: 4063 4 K
maybe in the sense that we got 2 eyes, a nose and mouth but he threw that sh*t on randomize for some of these mfs outchea
+7   

1 week ago '16        #3
144000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25084 25 K  Slaps total: 40890 40 K
There's humor all over the Bible.

There's humor as early as Genesis 3.

After Adam disobeys, the Elohim asks, "Adam, where are you?"

Adam was hiding in shame. Of course that's somewhat of a rhetorical question, you can't hide from Elohim.
+5   

1 week ago '16        #4
The humor is often highly ironic and demonstrates a point.

We can see that when we misbehave and are rewarded for it in our own lives.
+3   

1 week ago '15        #5
bourne1978 
Props total: 16624 16 K  Slaps total: 14069 14 K
 Jonny2soxs said

The bible used the word us. Let us make man in our image. Whom is that us to the reader? God and Goddess or God and his angels?

All in all, genesis is just a cool fictional story, that aims to make sense of a beginning.

I'm in a religion called mysticism. Completely different than them popular religions. You don't become a mystic, you have to find that you've always been one, even though at some point and back you didn't know it.

As a mystic I keep my reading eye on Rev 13, because it could very well be of truth. But clearly the rest of the chapters of Rev are fiction.

1 week ago '16        #6
 bourne1978 said
The bible used the word us. Let us make man in our image. Whom is that us to the reader? God and Goddess or God and his angels?

All in all, genesis is just a cool fictional story, that aims to make sense of a beginning.

I'm in a religion called mysticism. Completely different than them popular religions. You don't become a mystic, you have to find that you've always been one, even though at some point and back you didn't know it.

As a mystic I keep my reading eye on Rev 13, because it could very well be of truth. But clearly the rest of the chapters of Rev are fiction.
The English is translated like that because Elohim in Hebrew is a plural word.

It clarifies in Deuteronomy that יהוה is the Only Elohim.

The plural is used to connote majesty and extensity.
+2   

1 week ago '18        #7
milkdudz 
Props total: 2771 2 K  Slaps total: 1487 1 K
 Jonny2soxs said

Yes...

Psalms 37:12-13
[12]The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
[13]The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.
Proverbs 1:24-26
[24]Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
[25]But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
[26]I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
+4   

1 week ago '21        #8
Justin Igore 
Props total: 1988 1 K  Slaps total: 434 434
God is one funny mfer. A true comedian. You gotta love him.

If you're made in God's imagine, the things you do are of God. So if you suck a serpents seed and were eternally damned, what you think your God did? Who did God disobey?
+1   

7 days ago '11        #9
Blinx 182 
Props total: 8098 8 K  Slaps total: 2416 2 K
 Jonny2soxs said

milkdudz said
Yes...
Happiness, sadness, anger etc are all human emotions.

God is not human.

God’s creation of people “in His image” refers to creating an animal with a certain mode of behavior.

Last edited by Blinx 182; 05-04-2021 at 03:03 AM..

7 days ago '14        #10
prophetmoses 
Props total: 742 742  Slaps total: 144 144
Correct translation is likeness. Not image.

7 days ago '16        #11
BitterDiesel 
Props total: 13062 13 K  Slaps total: 1605 1 K
 bourne1978 said

Lemme stop you.... in the beginning was Wisdom aka Sophia aka MAAT.

7 days ago '21        #12
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
 Justin Igore said
God is one funny mfer. A true comedian. You gotta love him.

If you're made in God's imagine, the things you do are of God. So if you suck a serpents seed and were eternally damned, what you think your God did? Who did God disobey?
I think god wants us to choose him on our own
Or else we’d be robots

7 days ago '18        #13
milkdudz 
 Blinx 182 said

God is not human.

God’s creation of people “in His image” refers to creating an animal with a certain mode of behavior.
God feels all those emotions you just listed.... Are you telling me what's written in his book, or are you telling me what you think and feel? Because God andthe bible has been around longer than you have

Happiness
3 John 1:4
[4]I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Sadness
Genesis 6:5-6
[5]And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
[6]And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Anger
Psalms 7:11
[11]God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

Last edited by milkdudz; 05-04-2021 at 06:02 AM..

7 days ago '16        #14
PrinceDreSON 
Props total: 6696 6 K  Slaps total: 1510 1 K
God made a damn Platypus of course it has a humor

7 days ago '11        #15
Blinx 182 
 milkdudz said
God feels all those emotions you just listed.... Are you telling me what's written in his book, or are you telling me what you think and feel? Because God andthe bible has been around longer than you have
I’m telling you there is a fundamental misunderstanding. Do you think God is a man in the sky waving around a magic wand?

God is not human:
1 Samuel 15
29 He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind.”
God is incomparable:
Isaiah 46
5 “With whom will you compare me or count me equal? To whom will you liken me that we may be compared?

When the Bible says that God is “angry” for example and utilizes violence against humans, the ancient language is conveying that God is invoking a penalty for wrongdoing and breaking a mutual agreement e.g.
Exodus 22
22 “Do not take advantage of the widow or the fatherless. 23 If you do and they cry out to me, I will certainly hear their cry. 24 My anger will be aroused, and I will k*ll you with the sword; your wives will become widows and your children fatherless.
God does not have an emotional mind state that is affected by what people do or don’t do. He is completely unique, and His uniqueness can’t be understood.

7 days ago '18        #16
milkdudz 
 Blinx 182 said
I’m telling you there is a fundamental misunderstanding. Do you think God is a man in the sky waving around a magic wand?

God is not human:
1 Samuel 15
29 He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind.”
God is incomparable:
Isaiah 46
5 “With whom will you compare me or count me equal? To whom will you liken me that we may be compared?

When the Bible says that God is “angry” for example and utilizes violence against humans, the ancient language is conveying that God is invoking a penalty for wrongdoing and breaking a mutual agreement e.g.
Exodus 22
22 “Do not take advantage of the widow or the fatherless. 23 If you do and they cry out to me, I will certainly hear their cry. 24 My anger will be aroused, and I will k*ll you with the sword; your wives will become widows and your children fatherless.
God does not have an emotional mind state that is affected by what people do or don’t do. He is completely unique, and His uniqueness can’t be understood.
Bro first off, at least quote the authorized KJV bible, not someone else's version or interpretation where they changed the words around...

Again, the bible says...
Exodus 15:3
[3]The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
Even tho God is a spirit, God still has a body, hair and wears clothing in heaven....

Daniel 7:9
[9]I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
And that body has a complexion even in heaven

Daniel 10:5-6
[5]Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:
[6]His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.
Also, God doesn't only have anger, but he put his anger on reserved for that day when he brings the ultimate judgement on the Earth

Isaiah 66:15-16
[15]For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
[16]For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.
So the bible literally tells you that God has different emotions, should I listen to you or God?

Acts 5:29
[29]Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
What is that ancient language for anger that your speaking of?

Last edited by milkdudz; 05-04-2021 at 07:44 AM..

7 days ago '11        #17
Blinx 182 
 milkdudz said
Bro first off, at least quote the authorized KJV bible, not someone else's version or interpretation where they changed the words around...
Translations in general are of little value compared to the original Hebrew, and the KJV is one of the most outdated ones ever made.

milkdudz said
Again, the bible says...

Even tho God is a spirit, God still has a body, hair and wears clothing in heaven....
God is not a human, animal, or spirit — He is utterly incomparable to anything in the universe, and we don’t actually know “what” He is, only the role that He’s playing as the Creator of all things.

The Bible also says:
1 Kings 8
27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?
God is not literally within heaven any more than He is literally on earth — He’s infinite.

Daniel was having a dream (prophetic vision), which by its nature can’t be taken literally.

milkdudz said
The idea that the Creator of all things not only looks human, but looks like a specific set of humans, smacks of juvenile insecurity. None of the visions of Daniel are describing biological entities.

milkdudz said
Also, God doesn't only have anger, but he put his anger on reserved for that day when he brings the ultimate judgement on the Earth
There is a difference between hitting someone because you are angry, and hitting them because you are invoking a penalty (punishment) for something they did.
Hosea 11
9 I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city.
 milkdudz said
So the bible literally tells you that God has different emotions, should I listen to you or God?
The Bible tells you that God executes penalties for sins as if He is angry, in the same sense that a parent chastises a child in order to correct them. It is not a description of God’s own emotional well-being. To say that God displays literal emotions is to say that God can be manipulated by outside stimuli.

7 days ago '18        #18
milkdudz 
 Blinx 182 said
Translations in general are of little value compared to the original Hebrew, and the KJV is one of the most outdated ones ever made.

God is not a human, animal, or spirit — He is utterly incomparable to anything in the universe, and we don’t actually know “what” He is, only the role that He’s playing as the Creator of all things.

The Bible also says:
1 Kings 8
27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?
God is not literally within heaven any more than He is literally on earth — He’s infinite.

Daniel was having a dream (prophetic vision), which by its nature can’t be taken literally.

The idea that the Creator of all things not only looks human, but looks like a specific set of humans, smacks of juvenile insecurity. None of the visions of Daniel are describing biological entities.

There is a difference between hitting someone because you are angry, and hitting them because you are invoking a penalty (punishment) for something they did.
Hosea 11
9 I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city.

The Bible tells you that God executes penalties for sins as if He is angry, in the same sense that a parent chastises a child in order to correct them. It is not a description of God’s own emotional well-being. To say that God displays literal emotions is to say that God can be manipulated by outside stimuli.
Yea, I'm not doing this all day... If language is of little value,btgen why the multiple translations? Once it's translated from Hebrew to English, what need is there of another one? Plus, once you take the word of God, and change it to put in your own words.... It's no longer the word of God. All that does is cause confusion.... Like this

I speak and read English.... You said something that contradicted what was written.... Stop blaspheming and repent

7 days ago '21        #19
What do y’all think god looks like ?

7 days ago '21        #20
Justin Igore 
Props total: 1988 1 K  Slaps total: 434 434
 Jonny2soxs said
I think god wants us to choose him on our own
Or else we’d be robots
Why you say that?

I think God is a tiny dot in his own world which makes is much smaller than we think we are. But that’s because if we’re made in his image then we’re the same. They even show that God isn’t perfect in the Bible. He second guesses himself like humans do. Natural disasters are examples of him not being perfect OR that he isn’t trying to help us.

Think about this, Jesus came to die for everyone’s sins. Well what about everybody before that? That plan wasn’t there in Genesis. God came up with that later.

I don’t think god is at the top of the totem pole.

7 days ago '21        #21
 Justin Igore said
Why you say that?

I think God is a tiny dot in his own world which makes is much smaller than we think we are. But that’s because if we’re made in his image then we’re the same. They even show that God isn’t perfect in the Bible. He second guesses himself like humans do. Natural disasters are examples of him not being perfect OR that he isn’t trying to help us.

Think about this, Jesus came to die for everyone’s sins. Well what about everybody before that? That plan wasn’t there in Genesis. God came up with that later.

I don’t think god is at the top of the totem pole.
God is perfect as perfect gets , he’s the ultimate JUST , the people before Jesus knew there would be a savior , Muslims?/Jews still believe the savior has yet to come

7 days ago '11        #22
Blinx 182 
 milkdudz said
Yea, I'm not doing this all day... If language is of little value,btgen why the multiple translations?
A translation is only as good as the person translating it, and there are multiple translations because all previous ones have flaws. The Hebrew is the original, not a translation.

milkdudz said
Once it's translated from Hebrew to English, what need is there of another one? Plus, once you take the word of God, and change it to put in your own words.... It's no longer the word of God. All that does is cause confusion.... Like this
You’re only proving my point with the translation of Hebrew to English, and you’re making a big a*sumption here thinking that all translations are a perfect 1:1.

milkdudz said
I speak and read English.... You said something that contradicted what was written.... Stop blaspheming and repent
God being infinite, non-human, not having emotions etc are not things that I invented. Somehow it’s okay for you to believe that the Creator of the universe and all things within it, has the appearance of an ethnic African.

Jonny2soxs said
What do y’all think god looks like ?
Why does God have to look like something?

7 days ago '18        #23
milkdudz 
 Blinx 182 said
A translation is only as good as the person translating it, and there are multiple translations because all previous ones have flaws. The Hebrew is the original, not a translation.

You’re only proving my point with the translation of Hebrew to English, and you’re making a big a*sumption here thinking that all translations are a perfect 1:1.

God being infinite, non-human, not having emotions etc are not things that I invented. Somehow it’s okay for you to believe that the Creator of the universe and all things within it, has the appearance of an ethnic African.

Why does God have to look like something?
Woah woah woah.... See you constantly adding and twisting words. I never said God looks like an African
I didn't say anything at all about what he looks like. I just posted a scripture that descies God. Your problem is you don't believe in the bible, that's why you always post commentary and even have the gall to say the KJV is outdated...

7 days ago '11        #24
Blinx 182 
 milkdudz said
Woah woah woah.... See you constantly adding and twisting words. I never said God looks like an African I didn't say anything at all about what he looks like.
You posted:

Daniel 7:9
[9]I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

Daniel 10:5-6
[5]Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:
[6]His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.
You posted this to suggest that the Creator not only has the appearance of a human, but also the appearance of a specific ethnicity. I’m all too familiar with this “the black man is God” argument.

milkdudz said
I just posted a scripture that descies God.
You posted a scripture that described a man having a prophetic dream, which is a form of riddle (there are examples). You cannot take the description literally when elsewhere it says that God is infinite and cannot be compared to a human.

7 days ago '09        #25
faceoffizhere 
Props total: 9657 9 K  Slaps total: 2341 2 K
 Blinx 182 said

God is not human.

John 10:34
Jesus replied, "Is it not written in your Law: 'I have said you are gods'?

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+51online now  8
Video inside Kevin Samuels man... "Single Mother of 4." "Im fine as hell." Yooo what.
150 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+24online now  7
The Game is riding around in LA in his Lambo pumping out 50 Cent's 'Many Men' ..
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  5
Video inside Seattle Woman/“Zombie” No one knows what’s going on!
113 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-38online now  5
Video inside Twitch Mod Bagged This Woman & Fellas Are Going Crazy On Social Media W..
185 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy