How tf do people work jobs for YEARS

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+24  88
106 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section wild 'ish

1 week ago '21        #1
4937 page views
205 comments

Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 2331 2 K  Slaps total: 484 484
How tf do people work jobs for YEARS

Bro Iím already 6 months in my job
12 hours a day , itís Easy as fu*k , easiest money ever , but man Iím burnt out

How do yíall keep going ? I know people have bills and kids (I only have a car payment )

I canít call off , I havenít called off ever , itís only me and the night shift dude

best
worst
205 comments

1 week ago '18        #2
A Cold Game 
Props total: 16295 16 K  Slaps total: 2253 2 K
I feel you bro... 2 years is my max ...

Aside from taking care of my family .. I have goals I want to reach so that keeps me motivated... my other trick is to really enjoy My time off. I have a routine that makes my job just another part of my day .... and then on my actual days off i end up doing something that makes me appreciate having a nice check coming every two weeks...

But I just hit two years... I’m giving it two more months .... then I’m out ...
+54   

1 week ago '19        #3
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 33748 33 K  Slaps total: 7785 7 K
 Jonny2soxs said

How do yíall keep going ? I know people have bills and kids (I only have a car payment )

I canít call off , I havenít called off ever , itís only me and the night shift dude
12 hours a day? What are you doing?
That's a long shift and will burn a lot of people out. If you are free after 40 hours of work, I usually get into something like working out, a hobby, just something that doesn't waste my money that I worked 12 hour days for.
+30   

1 week ago '06        #4
MyStYlEaRt 
Props total: 1387 1 K  Slaps total: 255 255
Take vacations and days off every 3 months and problem is fixed. If the job is easy and pays well why in the world would you leave, especially in these times?
+74   

1 week ago '04        #5
zone3cp 
Props total: 118456 118 K  Slaps total: 12671 12 K
At least get a career and not just a job.

It’s way better than a job.
+56   

1 week ago '17        #6
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 80936 80 K  Slaps total: 18554 18 K
It's called a career. Find a job you enjoy doing.
+35   

1 week ago '20        #7
Moogie Johnson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6338 6 K  Slaps total: 1445 1 K
I don’t have a problem with my jobs, it’s usually the co workers that get to me after a while which is something that’s been amplified since covid.

I just hit my 2 year mark at my job, and I work in a shop with about 35 other guys, and now that the honeymoon period is over I’ve realized what gossiping back stabbing weasels most of them are. For instance one of the older guys used to walk by my every morning and go “ay my boy what’s going on”

Noticed the past few weeks he ignores me when he walks by me, then earlier today I figured I’d say hello to him and I see him and go “ay wassup man” and he didn’t even look at me or acknowledge me in any way.

He’s part of a group of like 6-7 other guys I work with who literally act like high schoolers/the cool kids and I used to go out drinking with them before covid but then I noticed that they just constantly bad mouth and gossip about the other employees so I kind of seperated myself from they little click. Never had a bad word with homeboy or said anything bad about him but now all of a sudden he won’t even acknowledge me in the hallway.

Last edited by Moogie Johnson; 05-03-2021 at 03:15 PM..
+50   

1 week ago '19        #8
jlem 
Props total: 6486 6 K  Slaps total: 154 154
 Moogie Johnson said
I donít have a problem with my jobs, itís usually the co workers that get to me after a while which is something thatís been amplified since covid.

I just hit my 2 year mark at my job, and I work in a shop with about 35 other guys, and now that the honeymoon period is over Iíve realized what gossiping back stabbing weasels most of them are. For instance one of the older guys used to walk by my every morning and go ďay my boy whatís going onĒ

Noticed the past few weeks he ignores me when he walks by me, then earlier today I figured Iíd say hello to him and I see him and go ďay wassup manĒ and he didnít even look at me or acknowledge me in any way.

Heís part of a group of like 6-7 other guys I work with who literally act like high schoolers/the cool kids and I used to go out drinking with them before covid but then I noticed that they just constantly bad mouth and gossip about the other employees so I kind of seperated myself from they little click. Never had a bad word with homeboy or said anything bad about him but now all of a sudden he wonít even acknowledge me in the hallway.

Iím honestly about to start looking for a new job over it
Advice from an old head;

1. Don't ever leave a job until you have another one to go to.

2. Don't leave a good paying job for one that pays less and forces you to work more.

3. Understand the difference between co-workers and friends. The two are rarely mutually inclusive.

4. Understand that you're there to work and not to make friends. Having a good working relationship with co-workers is cool but it shouldn't be your main focus. If cats don't speak then keep it moving. If it doesn't effect what you have to do to get YOUR JOB done then who cares.

If its really that unbearable then cool. Do you and move on.
+107   

1 week ago '17        #9
JacobWatch 
Props total: 40229 40 K  Slaps total: 2773 2 K
 Moogie Johnson said
I don’t have a problem with my jobs, it’s usually the co workers that get to me after a while which is something that’s been amplified since covid.

I just hit my 2 year mark at my job, and I work in a shop with about 35 other guys, and now that the honeymoon period is over I’ve realized what gossiping back stabbing weasels most of them are. For instance one of the older guys used to walk by my every morning and go “ay my boy what’s going on”

Noticed the past few weeks he ignores me when he walks by me, then earlier today I figured I’d say hello to him and I see him and go “ay wassup man” and he didn’t even look at me or acknowledge me in any way.

He’s part of a group of like 6-7 other guys I work with who literally act like high schoolers/the cool kids and I used to go out drinking with them before covid but then I noticed that they just constantly bad mouth and gossip about the other employees so I kind of seperated myself from they little click. Never had a bad word with homeboy or said anything bad about him but now all of a sudden he won’t even acknowledge me in the hallway.

I’m honestly about to start looking for a new job over it
Yea before I went the career route I was in Fedex. Started out package handling but got bumped up to the office side within a year. Like you said mad fake, backstabbing all that extra sh*t.

So while working there part time I went back to school and finished my degree for graphic design, and ended up leaving Fedex.

I figured once I got into the corporate world it would be less of the drama and more focus on work.

10 years later I can say the corporate drama queens are worse than the blue collar ones for sure.

I can’t even count how many times I had to sit through whispered stories about how the girl in the other pod did something shady to her her or one of her friends and telling me who to watch out for

The moral of the story no matter where you go, you gonna deal with some d*ck heads

Last edited by JacobWatch; 05-03-2021 at 09:13 AM..
+43   

1 week ago '21        #10
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
 unit321 said
12 hours a day? What are you doing?
That's a long shift and will burn a lot of people out. If you are free after 40 hours of work, I usually get into something like working out, a hobby, just something that doesn't waste my money that I worked 12 hour days for.
Iím basically security for a Warehouse , itís under the table pay too , itís a very easy money but 12 hours a day doing nothing becomes mental torture after awhile , Iím also alone 90% of the time
+23   

1 week ago '20        #11
 jlem said
Advice from an old head;

2. Don't leave a good paying job for one that pays less and forces you to work more.

3. Understand the difference between co-workers and friends. The two are rarely mutually inclusive.

4. Understand that you're there to work and not to make friends. Having a good working relationship with co-workers is cool but it shouldn't be your main focus. If cats don't speak then keep it moving. If it doesn't effect what you have to do to get YOUR JOB done then who cares.

Thatís exactly what I did my man, I started acting like I was there to work and not make friends, I donít gossip or act rude to anyone but the fact that I donít gossip with them or want to be part of their friend group has put a bullseye on my back I guess. I appreciate the advice
+19   

1 week ago '20        #12
 JacobWatch said
Yea before I went the career route I was in Fedex. Started out package handling but got bumped up to the office side within a year. Like you said mad fake, backstabbing all that extra sh*t.

So while working there part time I went back to school and finished my degree for graphic design, and ended up leaving Fedex.

I figured once I got into the corporate world it would be less of the drama and more focus on work.

10 years later I can say the corporate drama queens are worse than the blue collar ones for sure.

I can’t even count how many times I had to sit through whispered stories about how the girl in the other pod did something shady to her her or one of her friends and telling me who to watch out for

The moral of the story no matter where you go, you gonna deal with some d*ck heads

Yea I guess that’s true, before this job i was in a construction Union and nobody gossiped. It was all ex cons so if someone found out you were gossiping or saying sh*t behind their back it was gonna be fisticuffs so no one ever gossiped or back stabbed.

I love my current job and most of the guys I work with but now that I’ve been here a couple years I started to see the sub culture and all the gossiping and group texts going on behind the scenes and I’ve had a hard time adjusting to it.

It’s just sickening to hear Ricky talking about how fat Karl’s wife is and making fun of him for having a gay son only to see Ricky run into Karl in the office or elevator and be like “hey buddy how’s the wife and kids” and so on.

I mostly keep to myself now and let these mfers know I’m here to work and not make friends and they don’t like it and instead of respecting me for being a real one it’s almost like they resent me and think I can’t be trusted cause I don’t gossip and do fu*ked up sh*t like they do. It Almost feels like being the one honest cop in a group of dirty cops

Last edited by Moogie Johnson; 05-03-2021 at 09:38 AM..
+15   

1 week ago '19        #13
 Jonny2soxs said
Iím basically security for a Warehouse , itís under the table pay too , itís a very easy money but 12 hours a day doing nothing becomes mental torture after awhile , Iím also alone 90% of the time
Well, I would say save as much of it up as possible now. There's going to be a point where you might want to move on. If you are paid under the table, you probably aren't going to get promoted. When I say move on, I'm not saying that you are going to get fired, but you will want to pursue a more meaningful career where it's not mindless work. Long term, you want a job with medical benefits, ability to move up in position and/or be financially secure as inflation increases.
This sounds like a good job for now. You can use it as a stepping stone for something else. Employers don't like to see a guy with 12 different jobs in a year because they'll think you'll quit in a month.
As for how to deal with the mental torture, I don't know. You want to be alert while providing security. My suggestion is to look at careers that interest you. Then, see how to get there from where you are now. Like, let's say you look at job with US Border Patrol. Sounds okay, more prestigious and there's ability to move up, but then you'll find yourself doing mindless patrol at a desert location instead of a warehouse. But instead of being alone, you are in a team. Are you okay with that?
Do you like working with people or you like working alone?
Do you want to figure things out in your mind? Solving problems?
Do you want to do physical work like cooking, fixing cars, cutting trees, something where there's a visible result of your work?
+7   

1 week ago '21        #14
 unit321 said
Well, I would say save as much of it up as possible now. There's going to be a point where you might want to move on. If you are paid under the table, you probably aren't going to get promoted. When I say move on, I'm not saying that you are going to get fired, but you will want to pursue a more meaningful career where it's not mindless work. Long term, you want a job with medical benefits, ability to move up in position and/or be financially secure as inflation increases.
This sounds like a good job for now. You can use it as a stepping stone for something else. Employers don't like to see a guy with 12 different jobs in a year because they'll think you'll quit in a month.
As for how to deal with the mental torture, I don't know. You want to be alert while providing security. My suggestion is to look at careers that interest you. Then, see how to get there from where you are now. Like, let's say you look at job with US Border Patrol. Sounds okay, more prestigious and there's ability to move up, but then you'll find yourself doing mindless patrol at a desert location instead of a warehouse. But instead of being alone, you are in a team. Are you okay with that?
Do you like working with people or you like working alone?
Do you want to figure things out in your mind? Solving problems?
Do you want to do physical work like cooking, fixing cars, cutting trees, something where there's a visible result of your work?
I have almost 7K saved up , barely have any bills

As far as a career goes ... idk breh idk what Iím really interested in

I like music ?
+8   

1 week ago '19        #15
 Jonny2soxs said

As far as a career goes ... idk breh idk what I’m really interested in

I like music ?
Okay.
So, what it comes to "personal interests" and career, not everyone gets to merge the two. Like I love ice hockey, but I don't have a career in the NHL unless I wanted to sell hot dogs at an arena. A small percentage of people will be able to play, coach or be employed by an NHL team. I love music, but I don't have a career in the music industry unless I want to be a salesman at Guitar Center. A very small percentage will be able to become professional performers or directly involved in the industry. Some do, most don't.
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I just set aside my hobbies as something to do on my free time. I have a job that has nothing to do with ice hockey or music, but my career pays for stuff that allows me to play ice hockey and play music on my free time.
When I say interested in, I mean what kind of work interests you. Working with people (salesman, lawyer, doctor, nurse)? Working with your hands (chef, baker, mechanic, electrician)? Working with your mind (accountant, computer programmer)?
+11   

1 week ago '04        #16
Tic Toc 
Props total: 9709 9 K  Slaps total: 821 821
 jlem said
Advice from an old head;

Realest post I've seen on here in a while....
Thank you for offering dude some real tangible information

Jonny2soxs said
Bro...you should take a tablet to work with you...and learn how to do something....Learn how the stock market works..maybe how to work with crypto....the best thing you can do is have time...but only if you use it correctly..

Use that time to do something to improve yourself and your situation...you can look online to find classes or download books that teach you how to do sh*t...
+10   

1 week ago '21        #17
 unit321 said
Okay.
So, what it comes to "personal interests" and career, not everyone gets to merge the two. Like I love ice hockey, but I don't have a career in the NHL unless I wanted to sell hot dogs at an arena. A small percentage of people will be able to play, coach or be employed by an NHL team. I love music, but I don't have a career in the music industry unless I want to be a salesman at Guitar Center. A very small percentage will be able to become professional performers or directly involved in the industry. Some do, most don't.
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I just set aside my hobbies as something to do on my free time. I have a job that has nothing to do with ice hockey or music, but my career pays for stuff that allows me to play ice hockey and play music on my free time.
When I say interested in, I mean what kind of work interests you. Working with people (salesman, lawyer, doctor, nurse)? Working with your hands (chef, baker, mechanic, electrician)? Working with your mind (accountant, computer programmer)?
I honestly like being creative

Iíve always had a creative mind growing up , I always make up stories in my head (sounds weird )

I also wanted to be wrestler growing up lol
+2   

1 week ago '21        #18
 Tic Toc said
Realest post I've seen on here in a while....
Thank you for offering dude some real tangible information

Bro...you should take a tablet to work with you...and learn how to do something....Learn how the stock market works..maybe how to work with crypto....the best thing you can do is have time...but only if you use it correctly..

Use that time to do something to improve yourself and your situation...you can look online to find classes or download books that teach you how to do sh*t...
I tried looking up crypto but Iím too slow to understand
+2   

1 week ago '19        #19
jlem 
Props total: 6486 6 K  Slaps total: 154 154
 Moogie Johnson said
Thatís exactly what I did my man, I started acting like I was there to work and not make friends, I donít gossip or act rude to anyone but the fact that I donít gossip with them or want to be part of their friend group has put a bullseye on my back I guess. I appreciate the advice
No doubt. The sh*t is crazy. Men gossip and keep up as much sh*t as women do. I've been in similar situations over the course of my life. My rule of thumb was this;

"If they gossip to you. They will gossip about you."

It has kept me out of peoples business and has kept them out of mine. Continued success to you young man.
+8   

1 week ago '19        #20
 Jonny2soxs said
I honestly like being creative

Iíve always had a creative mind growing up , I always make up stories in my head (sounds weird )

I also wanted to be wrestler growing up lol
Okay. Well, sounds like you might like to be involved in writing. There are various jobs, whether its fictional writing, news report writing/editor, non-fiction biographies, sports writing, technical documentation, movie/TV show/theater script writing, you'll want to get a degree that can be used to get you to that goal. If your spelling and/or grammar are off, people who want to see your writing skills will be turned off by that. I see a lot of bad spelling typos and grammar mistakes in online news outlets, so maybe they don't care if you can proofread. That's a sad case for the news industry, but that's a personal opinion.

Pro wrestling? Ha ha. Half of it is physical. Half of it is acting.
+3   

1 week ago '13        #21
mkhrt92 
Props total: 42028 42 K  Slaps total: 7650 7 K
 jlem said
Advice from an old head;

one last one

5.) Dont quit because of a boss. Bosses can be a**holes. But bosses all come and go. Plus the next job could have a bigger a**hole. a**hole Bosses are just bullies, talk to them man to man and tell him you demand respect the same way he does, and if there is an issue to talk sensibly to resolve amongst you both.
+2   

1 week ago '20        #22
Easy Doesit 
Props total: 9430 9 K  Slaps total: 2054 2 K
They lied to us. It's not about finding what you love. It's about making money.

Then you make your own. This system isn't designed for the employee to win, not even the high salary employee.
+14   

1 week ago '13        #23
BrothaJoe 
Props total: 977 977  Slaps total: 132 132
 Jonny2soxs said

Longest Ive stayed somewhere was 3 years. I usually learn as much as I can and bounce to a higher paying job. Atm Im working 12hr shift on track to finish the year around 90-110 ish based on ot. Not gonna lie not a fan of what I do now but hitting a limit interms of pay without getting a degree.
+1   

1 week ago '14        #24
Qoner 
Props total: 5618 5 K  Slaps total: 585 585
 Jonny2soxs said
I’m basically security for a Warehouse , it’s under the table pay too , it’s a very easy money but 12 hours a day doing nothing becomes mental torture after awhile , I’m also alone 90% of the time
There's your answer right there. You are mentally stagnant fam, you sitting around for 12 hours doing nothing, of course you're going to be miserable.

Find better use for your time, I know most security guards don't so much all day and sh*t around bullsh*tting (facebook, social media, youtube videos). Use that time to grow. You can literally do whatever you want in that 12 hours AND be getting paid for it. Learn a new language, become a better investor, start and maintain a side hustle on the job, work out/do push ups.

Its all in the mind, you can either use that paid, easy time to level up, or you can sit around and complain like most n*ggas who do that job do.
+9   

1 week ago '20        #25
 Jonny2soxs said

As far as a career goes ... idk breh idk what I’m really interested in

I like music ?
I’ll give you a more broad example.

Do you like working in an office setting or do you like being out on the road?

Do you like working with your hands or would you prefer working at a computer?

Do you like working in a team setting or do you like being independent and working on your own?

You have to ask yourself questions like that and then narrow down your career choices that way.

You also have to learn how to pad your resume and job experience to make yourself sound more valuable

Instead of just being like “I worked security” you gotta sell yourself and make it sound a lot harder and more complicated than it was. Like does your job have any security or camera systems you use? Do you have a key? Do you work inside or outside the building?

Like for instance if this warehouse has millions of dollars of inventory inside and your boss trusts you to be there alone he’s essentially putting you in charge of said millions of dollars of inventory and that’s something you want to convey to any future prospective employers.

What sounds better if you’re in a job interview and the person interviewing you asked you to describe your most recent job

I was a security guard at a warehouse

Or

I was in charge of building, inventory, and perimeter security for a large warehouse which housed micro processor chips. I was a key holder and was entrusted with full access to the building and was responsible for notifying and working with the local police and fire departments in case of emergency and reported directly to the warehouse manager. I was responsible for setting the building alarm and monitoring the CCTV system and responding to and reporting on any suspicious activity.

Last edited by Moogie Johnson; 05-03-2021 at 10:36 AM..
+11   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+24online now  7
The Game is riding around in LA in his Lambo pumping out 50 Cent's 'Many Men' ..
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+51online now  7
Video inside Kevin Samuels man... "Single Mother of 4." "Im fine as hell." Yooo what.
150 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  2
"ok dodge peeps...it's been fun..but welcome to the real world' barry silbert..
147 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-38online now  2
Video inside Twitch Mod Bagged This Woman & Fellas Are Going Crazy On Social Media W..
185 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy