Jim Ryan: PSVR2 is a strategic opportunity for Playstation

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 weeks ago '17        #1
288 page views
16 comments

SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 63207 63 K  Slaps total: 19015 19 K
Jim Ryan: PSVR2 is a strategic opportunity for Playstation

Sony Interactive Entertainment President and PlayStation boss Jim Ryan says that the company’s next-generation VR system is a “strategic opportunity”.

Ryan said as such to Japanese publication, Nikkei, in a recent interview, adding that the potential market for VR is “huge”.

“The next generation VR system is a very strategic opportunity for PS,” he said (as translated on Systran). “We launched PSVR in 2016 and have had time to understand the VR experience for years. What I learned from VR is that the potential market is huge. I want to continue to provide a high gaming experience to keep the community entertained.”

Jim Ryan On PSVR’s Future

Sony announced its new VR system for PS5 a few months back, though notably refrained from calling it PSVR 2 at this point in time. The headset, which won’t be launching this year, will feature upgrades to resolution and field of view and will utilize a simplified one-wire connection to the PS5. We’ve seen the controllers, too, which look like a big upgrade from the PlayStation Moves.

Ryan’s comments on PlayStation’s next VR headset being a “strategic opportunity” are in-line with other interesting quotes he’s given in the past few months. He recently told GQ that, going beyond the next headset, Sony sees VR as “something beyond this coming iteration that really could be really big and really important.”

As we wrote in an editorial earlier this month, this suggests Sony is aiming to play a long game with VR that might see its ambitions outgrow the PlayStation brand in the future.

visit this link https://uploadvr.com/jim- .. c-opportunity/

+4   

best
worst
16 comments

2 weeks ago '17        #2
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
Ima say this: I predict both Microsoft and Nintendo will have headsets by 2023/2024. Apple too
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #3
Da Ill One|M  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 12051 12 K  Slaps total: 683 683
Imma just wait for vr 2 to come out before I cop vr.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #4
 Da Ill One said
Imma just wait for vr 2 to come out before I cop vr.
At this point that’s the best thing to do
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #5
Novii 
Props total: 5965 5 K  Slaps total: 898 898
I gotta chop my last vr set before this drop and builds too much hype.

Mans said
Sony is aiming to play a long game with VR that might see its ambitions outgrow the PlayStation brand in the future

+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #6
 Novii said
I gotta chop my last vr set before this drop and builds too much hype.

Mans said

Interesting. The VR industry really gonna explode in the coming years

2 weeks ago '12        #7
TrillSwag  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 50070 50 K  Slaps total: 7592 7 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Ima say this: I predict both Microsoft and Nintendo will have headsets by 2023/2024. Apple too
There is already reports Apple is working on one. But do these companies expect us to collect VR headsets like Pokémon cards?
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #8
Novii 
 SPdaGOAT said
Interesting. The VR industry really gonna explode in the coming years
I know you got the oculus but as someone who’s first experience with VR was PlayStation sh*t is fu*king dope BUT

The stationary aspect k*lled the experience for me. Some games it just fit. Like the until Dawn roller coaster, thumper, and that resident evil demo where you’re seated. There’s many more titles that were dope but after a while you notice how limited you are. PlayStation adopting the oculus’s “controller” is a big win with the analogs. Also the resolution was poor. Think it was like 1080p in each eye or something. If there was ever a gen to make a huge step up it’s def this one. Especially with the haptics and adaptive triggers.

Honestly looks like Sony knows they have the games on lock and this gen is just all about upping their immersion game. Haptics. Adaptive triggers, 3D audio, re doing vr. Crazy when you think about it

2 weeks ago '17        #9
 Novii said
I know you got the oculus but as someone who’s first experience with VR was PlayStation sh*t is fu*king dope BUT

The stationary aspect k*lled the experience for me. Some games it just fit. Like the until Dawn roller coaster, thumper, and that resident evil demo where you’re seated. There’s many more titles that were dope but after a while you notice how limited you are. PlayStation adopting the oculus’s “controller” is a big win with the analogs. Also the resolution was poor. Think it was like 1080p in each eye or something. If there was ever a gen to make a huge step up it’s def this one. Especially with the haptics and adaptive triggers.

Honestly looks like Sony knows they have the games on lock and this gen is just all about upping their immersion game. Haptics. Adaptive triggers, 3D audio, re doing vr. Crazy when you think about it
Don’t get it twisted PSVR is fresh even if the tech is limited. The library more than makes up for it.

I can’t wait to get my hands on VR2 and those controllers bruh

2 weeks ago '17        #10
 TrillSwag said
There is already reports Apple is working on one. But do these companies expect us to collect VR headsets like Pokémon cards?
Lmfao word, I hope they make them sh*ts affordable and avoid having us own like 5 of them
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #11
Novii 
 SPdaGOAT said
Don’t get it twisted PSVR is fresh even if the tech is limited. The library more than makes up for it.

I can’t wait to get my hands on VR2 and those controllers bruh
Don’t think I have more than 6-7 games for it. Wasn’t something I overly invested in but I def bring it out when I got guests over. You can’t explain the experience to someone. Honestly I hope they make the vr2 backwards compatible so I can pick up the dope drops I’ve heard about like Astro rescue mission in vr
+2   

2 weeks ago '21        #12
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 2241 2 K  Slaps total: 482 482
Just make the viewing perception more around your eyes and create a GTA Vr and it’ll sell like hot cakes

That’s literally all it needs
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #13
 Jonny2soxs said
Just make the viewing perception more around your eyes and create a GTA Vr and it’ll sell like hot cakes

That’s literally all it needs
Not that I would care for it but if they rebooted PS home with VR...

Ima just leave it at that

2 weeks ago '21        #14
 SPdaGOAT said
Not that I would care for it but if they rebooted PS home with VR...

Ima just leave it at that
Damn breh you taking it back .....
Could be dope though ,
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #15
 Jonny2soxs said
Damn breh you taking it back .....
Could be dope though ,

Holy sh*t breh
+1   

2 weeks ago '21        #16
 SPdaGOAT said

Holy sh*t breh
I’m marking out bro

2 weeks ago '08        #17
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32530 32 K  Slaps total: 2647 2 K
PSVR was dope especially for the price. I’m down for PsVR2
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  81
Title f*ght: Canelo Alvarez vs. Billy Joe Saunders (5/8 8pm ET DAZN)
1053 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+109online now  17
This how you legally check in your gun at airport.. THE FULL PROCESS
94 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+94online now  16
Video inside Man Goes Through His Girlfriend's Phone, Video Calls The Dude She Was D..
187 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside WTF happened to Sammy Sosa?
141 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy