Cold Storage Wallets for Crypto

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

4 weeks ago '04        #1
1937 page views
54 comments

JayHovMan 
Props total: 1842 1 K  Slaps total: 57 57
Cold Storage Wallets for Crypto

So I recently got on Coinbase and invested in a few things and everything Iím reading when Iím doing research recommends having some storage of your own but I never really see any recommendations of where or what kind of wallet to get that isnít just a sponsored post.

Does anybody on here have one or have any experience with them that can give some insight/recommendations/average cost/pros/cons? I understand leaving your coins on an exchange means they can be hacked, but at the same time if you lose your cold wallet is there any way to recover your money?

Also are there fees when you move things to and from your wallet?
+10   

best
worst
54 comments

4 weeks ago '20        #2
UncleSpo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 9861 9 K  Slaps total: 4401 4 K
i was thinking of doing this, but i just dont see myself being that rich off crip that i need that

if you get safemoon or one of these bootleg coins and happen to blow , than maybe cop one

+6   

4 weeks ago '04        #3
JayHovMan  OP
 UncleSpo said
i was thinking of doing this, but i just dont see myself being that rich off crip that i need that

if you get safemoon or one of these bootleg coins and happen to blow , than maybe cop one

I was thinking more for my Ethereum, probably just gonna let that sit for awhile , chasing after every new coin is kinda stressful but I did cop some doge on robinhood before it popped off, wish I had actually put some real money on it so I might chance it on those coins every now and then but Iím talking for stuff I can just let sit a while
+4   

4 weeks ago '19        #4
Anomic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 70014 70 K  Slaps total: 10733 10 K
I got the Ledger Nano X

If u lose your wallet info you a*sed out but it's better than being hacked right??
+10   

4 weeks ago '05        #5
youngvito18 
Props total: 23654 23 K  Slaps total: 4372 4 K
Heres my question...would i still have to manually put in my transactions?

I got like 7 different coins on 3 different exchanges and i use coingecko to track my progress but i find it weird everything is so digital but i have to manually input my transaction just sonit can track it
+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #6
drnarcisse 
Props total: 6465 6 K  Slaps total: 933 933
cats better not know you got a crypto wallet in your house unless you got a gun. crypto a*sets are higlhly coveted
+13   

4 weeks ago '12        #7
Jo Blow 
Props total: 6313 6 K  Slaps total: 968 968
 Anomic said
I got the Ledger Nano X

If u lose your wallet info you a*sed out but it's better than being hacked right??
but if you get hacked you can get that coin back in most cases, theres a digital footprint
+3   

4 weeks ago '19        #8
 Jo Blow said
but if you get hacked you can get that coin back in most cases, theres a digital footprint
Are the exchange companies legally required to help u track it down tho??

I know bum a*s mfs like Robinhood aint gon help u
+6   

4 weeks ago '19        #9
 drnarcisse said
cats better not know you got a crypto wallet in your house unless you got a gun. crypto a*sets are higlhly coveted
Even if they take the wallet they still need to know the pin to access it. That's how Ledger does it
+11   

4 weeks ago '12        #10
Jo Blow 
Props total: 6313 6 K  Slaps total: 968 968
 Anomic said
Are the exchange companies legally required to help u track it down tho??

I know bum a*s mfs like Robinhood aint gon help u
i mean i imagine it's no different from when somebody still your credit card information but man idek, you asking some good questions
+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #11
JayHovMan  OP
 Anomic said
I got the Ledger Nano X

drnarcisse said
Maybe itís better to do half and half then

Jo Blow said

Good to know if true, Iím still learning
+2   

4 weeks ago '16        #12
Negusis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27512 27 K  Slaps total: 3589 3 K
I have a Ledger Nano X.

Yes, there are network fees anytime you transfer from 1 wallet to another. That has nothing to do with the wallet, those are network fees that every one has.

If you only have like $500 of crypto, then getting a wallet probably ain't worth it for you.

But if you have thousands, then making a $120 investment to protect your sh*t makes sense.

drnarcisse said
Running up in someone's house is pointless. Cause unless you have their passwords, keys and other sh*t, what's the point in running up in their house. Cause all they have to do is say no, then either you have to beat/kill them or leave. Stealing crypto isn't like taking a wallet and taking dollars out of it. There's easier and smarter ways of trying to doing it.
+5   

4 weeks ago '04        #13
infam0uskills 
Props total: 13783 13 K  Slaps total: 806 806
this covers if you lose the wallet that OP talking about

If your hardware wallet is lost, stolen or damaged, you can easily and securely recover all of your cryptoassets, as long as you have access to the 12, 18 or 24 word recovery seed.

+6   

4 weeks ago '19        #14
 JayHovMan said
Maybe itís better to do half and half then
Ledger comes with 5 or 6 lil cards where u write your info on em.

Put em in different locations so if u lose one you'll find another one tryna find the one u lost
+3   

4 weeks ago '16        #15
Adrian99OVR 
Props total: 3395 3 K  Slaps total: 147 147
If you're only holding Bitcoin, get a Cold Card. Anything else, get a Ledger or Trezor. I rate the Ledger over the Trezor right now until Trezor releases a revision or new model.

Plenty of info and resources in the thread below.

Understand the basics of what a hardware wallet is, that the seed matters more than the device before you purchase one.

Adrian99OVR said
Ledger and Trezor for most tokens. Cold card if you're Bitcoin only.

Adrian99OVR said

+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #16
JayHovMan  OP
 Anomic said
Even if they take the wallet they still need to know the pin to access it. That's how Ledger does it
Another question tho, what if thereís some hardware failure on the wallet or it just stops working as everything does over time (I mean chances are I would use it before old age wear and tear happens) but say it died for whatever reason, would there still be a way to recover the coins?
+1   

4 weeks ago '14        #17
consigliereA 
Props total: 51420 51 K  Slaps total: 3046 3 K
I have the ledger nano x..

Would recommend..

+3   

4 weeks ago '20        #18
JWA 
Props total: 15144 15 K  Slaps total: 1625 1 K
Ya I was reddit searching.

People were suggesting ledger
+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #19
 JayHovMan said
Another question tho, what if there’s some hardware failure on the wallet or it just stops working as everything does over time (I mean chances are I would use it before old age wear and tear happens) but say it died for whatever reason, would there still be a way to recover the coins?
Buy a new one and use the same old info

I have a old a*s authenticator from 2012 or 2013 and that hoe still works
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #20
JayHovMan  OP
 infam0uskills said

Adrian99OVR said
If you're only holding Bitcoin, get a Cold Card. Anything else, get a Ledger or Trezor. I rate the Ledger over the Trezor right now until Trezor releases a revision or new model.

Plenty of info and resources in the thread below.

Understand the basics of what a hardware wallet is, that the seed matters more than the device before you purchase one.
Thanks for the links y’all, I’m gonna read up on that stuff

Last edited by JayHovMan; 04-22-2021 at 11:22 AM..
+2   

4 weeks ago '18        #21
CurryDaGoat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 23649 23 K  Slaps total: 12835 12 K
 Jo Blow said
bigger risk imo is these exchanges locking your account
+7   

4 weeks ago '15        #22
illywilly 
Props total: 730 730  Slaps total: 170 170
Trezor One, PIN, passphrase. If someone gets a hold of the wallet they need the pin and passphrase.

Trezor One, I have the 24 words written down and stashed in two places so I could punch those in to a new wallet and access the stash.

Get a second one just in case so you don't have everything on one wallet. Don't lose your 24 words and don't forget your passphrase.
+4   

4 weeks ago '16        #23
Eastcoast 
Props total: 7541 7 K  Slaps total: 1876 1 K
 JayHovMan said

So I recently got on Coinbase and invested in a few things and everything I’m reading when I’m doing research recommends having some storage of your own but I never really see any recommendations of where or what kind of wallet to get that isn’t just a sponsored post.

Does anybody on here have one or have any experience with them that can give some insight/recommendations/average cost/pros/cons? I understand leaving your coins on an exchange means they can be hacked, but at the same time if you lose your cold wallet is there any way to recover your money?

Also are there fees when you move things to and from your wallet?
The latest ledger is fine enough. Get it during a promo and save your phrases. Buy two.
+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #24
JayHovMan  OP
 illywilly said
Trezor One, PIN, passphrase. If someone gets a hold of the wallet they need the pin and passphrase.

Trezor One, I have the 24 words written down and stashed in two places so I could punch those in to a new wallet and access the stash.

Get a second one just in case so you don't have everything on one wallet. Don't lose your 24 words and don't forget your passphrase.
Makes sense, Iíd probably give a copy of the words to my sister, probably the only person I could trust, I need to get a fireproof safe deposit box too

4 weeks ago '15        #25
redcodeinesyrup 
Props total: 7923 7 K  Slaps total: 3503 3 K
does this work for altcoins too?

heard allot of people pancake swap is getting stolen

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+30online now  32
Video inside At This Point Capcom Might As Well Drop A S3xtape
70 comments
2 days ago