New ‘Texas Chainsaw’ Movie Officially Titled ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ Lands R Rating

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
197 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

4 weeks ago '18        #1
1715 page views
48 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x89
Props total: 108144 108 K  Slaps total: 5083 5 K
New ‘Texas Chainsaw’ Movie Officially Titled ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ Lands R Rating

"This seems like a no-brainer, but if you were wondering if the new The Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie was going to get an R rating, the answer is “yes.” The film is officially rated R, and it also has an official title. You might want to sit down for this one because you’re not going to believe it. Ready? Okay. The title is…Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Yep, that’s it. In true Facebook fashion, they lost the “the,” because it’s cleaner.

In case you missed the news, there’s a new Texas Chainsaw movie on the way. The film is a direct sequel to the first film, and is set to feature an older version of everyone’s favorite skin-wearing cannibal, Leatherface. It’s also bringing back the character of Sally Hardesty, the only survivor of the first film (Marilyn Burns, who played the character in the original film, died in 2014, so Sally is now played by Mandy actress Olwen Fouéré).

Now we know the official title of the film – Texas Chainsaw Massacre – and the official rating – R. That rating shouldn’t be a surprise since every film in the franchise has an R rating. Still, fans who were hoping for some gore are going to get it, as the rating is due to “Strong bloody horror violence and gore, and language.”

The Texas Chainsaw series is an odd one. Most of the films feel like reboots of what came before, telling essentially the same story again and again: young people are on a road trip in Texas, they stop in the middle of nowhere, and then they’re promptly targeted by a family of cannibals. I’m guessing this new entry will follow a similar path, but the direct sequel angle does intrigue me. Then again, the 2013 film Texas Chainsaw 3D was kind of a direct sequel to the first film as well, and it was terrible. So!

Texas Chainsaw Massacre is directed by David Blue Garcia and stars Elsie Fisher, Sarah Yarkin, Jacob Latimore, and Moe Dunford. The production was not without problems: Ryan and Andy Tohill, the team behind the 2018 British-Irish film The Dig, were originally set to direct. However, after filming for one week, the Tohills walked away from the project due to creative differences and were replaced by Garcia. Despite all this, I’m excited about the flick. Producer Fede Alvarez has promised the film will embrace an old-school, practical vibe, saying: “Everything is classic, old school gags. A lot of the approach that we had with Evil Dead – never VFX, to do everything on camera. It’s a very old-school approach to filmmaking. Vintage lenses…it’s very similar to the original film.”

Texas Chainsaw Massacre will arrive sometime this year."

visit this link https://www.slashfilm.com .. g/#more-667097
+4   

best
worst
48 comments

4 weeks ago '21        #2
JayMurdoch 
Props total: 2921 2 K  Slaps total: 221 221
That's so creative. Those hollywood guys are fu*king genuises. How do they do it? You already know what the plot is going to be too, sh*ts amazing.
+31   

4 weeks ago '17        #3
lucifershammer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 58581 58 K  Slaps total: 5837 5 K
Damn hollyweird loves this franchise

1st day

+21   

4 weeks ago '13        #4
mrslyyy 
Props total: 6404 6 K  Slaps total: 900 900
How many times they gonna rehash this movie
+37   

4 weeks ago '05        #5
precys  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 20838 20 K  Slaps total: 2345 2 K
I like when they start alternate timelines. Seems like this will be the third timeline based off the original first one. Then the 2 film reboot of the original timeline standing by itself still. They took my cannibals away from Wrong Turn, but don't touch my crazy white inbred cannibals in Texas Chainsaw and Hills Have Eyes

+10   

4 weeks ago '07        #6
tacuna 320 
Props total: 7306 7 K  Slaps total: 1048 1 K
We need more original horror franchises like Hereditary and The Witch. These gimmick characters don't work anymore.
+11   

4 weeks ago '15        #7
Always Good 
Props total: 9405 9 K  Slaps total: 2227 2 K
I’m sick of Remakes in Hollywood
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #8
Wavie Crockett 
Props total: 7083 7 K  Slaps total: 11281 11 K
First night
+2   

4 weeks ago '08        #9
Pyrex  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 11147 11 K  Slaps total: 13896 13 K
Ayooo who remembers when Trey Songz got savagely murdered in the 2013 film Texas 3D?

He gets props, he is actually a good actor.
+11   

4 weeks ago '16        #10
96jordan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5647 5 K  Slaps total: 793 793
 tacuna 320 said
We need more original horror franchises like Hereditary and The Witch. These gimmick characters don't work anymore.
Hereditary is easily the creepiest movie I’ve seen. Face value it’s not that scary but it just makes you uneasy and uncomfortable which is a lot more effective than the jump scare murder style horror movies usually go for. Plus that dollhouse-esque visual fu*ked with my vision for a few hours after watching it felt like my peripheral vision was gone
+3   

4 weeks ago '18        #11
Jutown219 
Props total: 234 234  Slaps total: 17 17
Sooooooo... Nobody ever thought to pop his wig off??? Easy k*ll... He has a chainsaw and you got a hammer... No brainer.. Pun intended ��
+4   

4 weeks ago '18        #12
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 57634 57 K  Slaps total: 4653 4 K
2003 and 2006 Chainsaw were my ish. I dont know thought they were great. fu*ked up sh*t I have never seen the original.
+3   

4 weeks ago '13        #13
PaperBoy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 28958 28 K  Slaps total: 5397 5 K
i cannot stand this franchise. This sh*t been remade like 30 times smh
+3   

4 weeks ago '17        #14
lucifershammer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 58581 58 K  Slaps total: 5837 5 K
 DUCEDUCE said
2003 and 2006 Chainsaw were my ish. I dont know thought they were great. fu*ked up sh*tI have never seen the original.

¿???????????¿
+3   

4 weeks ago '18        #15
Dehone 
Props total: 54048 54 K  Slaps total: 2207 2 K
And I'll be there day 1 regardless
+2   

4 weeks ago '18        #16
Dehone 
Props total: 54048 54 K  Slaps total: 2207 2 K
 DUCEDUCE said
2003 and 2006 Chainsaw were my ish. I dont know thought they were great. fu*ked up sh*t I have never seen the original.
Would watch the remake every night to go to sleep back in high school. sh*t was like my ASMR. Also when I first started crashing in Jessica Biel

+3   

4 weeks ago '05        #17
precys  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 20838 20 K  Slaps total: 2345 2 K
 DUCEDUCE said

So you know which movie goes where if you end up watching the other ones

and the one you saw

+3   

4 weeks ago '19        #18
JohnMellow 
Props total: 1151 1 K  Slaps total: 248 248
 Pyrex said
Ayooo who remembers when Trey Songz got savagely murdered in the 2013 film Texas 3D?

He gets props, he is actually a good actor.
No, he definitely wasn’t, and didn’t they tie his music into the movie somehow ?
+2   

4 weeks ago '15        #19
He Hate Me 
Props total: 38896 38 K  Slaps total: 3537 3 K
 tacuna 320 said
Babadook and It Follows works. Even Jigsaw works in it own goofy

Even the it remake seemed to work better than the OG

4 weeks ago '15        #20
SmokinBigDope  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 11553 11 K  Slaps total: 1962 1 K
Man this world weird asf when u think about it... how many times we gonna do this... and why?

+3   

4 weeks ago '17        #21
RAM 
Props total: 490 490  Slaps total: 24 24
Why? Who asked for this? Seriously, How many times are they gonna remake this movie.
+2   

4 weeks ago '18        #22
Lsulakersaints 
Props total: 18647 18 K  Slaps total: 960 960
 DUCEDUCE said
The 03 version holds a special place in my heart, took this chick to see it and lost my v card that night

+11   

4 weeks ago '12        #23
Klasicktha1 
Props total: 8034 8 K  Slaps total: 1932 1 K
So basically they copying off off Halloween 2018? Smh fu*k outta here
+1   

4 weeks ago '07        #24
tacuna 320 
Props total: 7306 7 K  Slaps total: 1048 1 K
 He Hate Me said
Babadook and It Follows works. Even Jigsaw works in it own goofy

Even the it remake seemed to work better than the OG
Def agree with It even though Chapter 2 wasn't that good. Babadook was ok but It Follows was trash. The first couple Saw movies were good but that's it, I'm hoping Spiral will be dope though.

4 weeks ago '20        #25
Maci 
Props total: 3419 3 K  Slaps total: 250 250
 mrslyyy said
How many times they gonna rehash this movie
I’ve come to realize we reside in a death culture. MDKulture. murder. death. k*ll.
Many just dont see the vultures. The ushers
War warriors k*llin pays the damn bills
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+91online now  37
Kwame Brown goes off on Gilbert Arenas & Stephen Jackson for clowning him
277 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now