Apr 17 - B.C. dad jailed 6 months after repeatedly exposing transgender son's identity

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
89 replies  @sports

most viewed right now
10 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

3 weeks ago '15        #1
1348 page views
31 comments

kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 41620 41 K  Slaps total: 20516 20 K
Apr 17 - B.C. dad jailed 6 months after repeatedly exposing transgender son's identity

VANCOUVER -- The father of a transgender teenager has been sentenced to six months behind bars after exposing sensitive personal and medical information about his son, despite a publication ban intended to protect the boy's privacy.

B.C. Supreme Court Justice Michael Tammen noted that the father, who can only be identified as C.D., had "blatantly, willfully and repeatedly" breached the court order, warranting a serious sentence that would serve as a deterrent to others who might choose to follow in his footsteps.

"Public breaches of court orders are a direct attack on the rule of law," Tammen said.

“ He simply chose to disregard those orders, for reasons that have never been explained."

The punishment handed down was much more severe than C.D. and his lawyer were anticipating when he pleaded guilty to criminal contempt of court this week.

Prosecutors had recommended a jail term of 45 days, with credit for the time C.D. has already served since he was taken into custody last month to prevent further breaches. The judge disagreed, arguing such a sentence would be "inadequate, and would tend to bring the administration of justice into disrepute."

The publication ban C.D. violated stems from a family law case the father launched in 2018, when he tried to use the province's court system to prevent his son, who was then 14, from accessing gender-affirming hormone treatments.

The teenager had identified as male for several years at that point, according to court documents, and the treatments were supported by his mother and doctors.

C.D. lost, in a ruling that upheld the right of minors under the B.C. Infants Act to make medical decisions independently of either of their parents if certain conditions are met, including that they have the approval of health-care professionals.

Meanwhile, in Canada’s neighboring United States, the House of Representatives (lower house of Congress) passed amendments to the 1964 Equality Act that allow people ages 14 and up to change their gender without their parents’ permission.

It all started two years ago, when Maxine’s school organized a screening in front of 12-year-olds of a gender film about different role-playing games, the existence of many genders and the right of everyone to choose what they choose.

The same day, the girl shared at home that after the movie she realized that she felt like a boy and would like to change her gender. At this point, her parents are about to divorce, and Maxine is determined to stay with her father.

He believes that what happened after the film is an emotional manifestation caused by the normal mental reaction of every child of divorced parents. He turned to the school authorities for advice, but was reassured that they had good psychologists to deal with the case.

Unbeknownst to the father, the school principals handed Maxine to a Dr. Wallace Wong, author of a book entitled How Cathy Became Keith.

Dr. Wong helps Maxine choose a male name, and the school treats her like a boy without telling her father. At the age of 13, the doctor suggested that Maxin start taking a bouquet of hormones as a starting point before surgery.

That’s when the father learns what they’re actually doing with his daughter at school. He reveals that the doctor is a prominent LGBT activist.

The father tries to use his parental rights to snatch the child from his paws. However, Dr. Wong contacted his colleague, Dr. Brenden Hirsch of Surrey Children’s Hospital, who issued a document stating that parental permission was not required in the case to change the child’s gender. It was then that Hugland filed a lawsuit in court.

In February 2019, Judge Gregory Bowden of the Supreme Court of British Columbia ruled that 14-year-old Maxine “could start taking cross-hormones based on her own decision.”

Later in the trial, Bowden ruled that if any of Maxine’s parents approached her with her birth name or female pronoun, they would be found guilty of “domestic violence.” In this act, the parents were ordered to remain silent about the case so as not to disturb the psyche of their child with media appearances.

After several interviews with Canadian vloggers, the Supreme Court of British Columbia filed a complaint last Thursday. Judge Michael Tayman ordered that all recordings in which the father was quoted be removed from social media.

“ Suppose that after 5 or 10 years, my daughter realized that she had made a terrible mistake when she was little, and she asked us: Dad or Mom, why didn’t any of you do anything to stop this? If my daughter ever asks this question, I will say:

“I did everything I could. There was nothing more I could do, and since there was nothing more I could do, I didn’t stop because I didn’t want other parents to go through this hell I went through, “said Robert Hugland in despair.

His daughter is gone. If he refuses to use her new pronouns it’s considered domestic violence smh.

visit this link https://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c .. -ban-1.5390847

visit this link https://www.world-today-n .. -gender-video/
+8   

best
worst
31 comments

3 weeks ago '14        #2
JoMo 
Props total: 5450 5 K  Slaps total: 776 776
Sad sh*t tbh and sick af... Makes me not want any kids
+7   

3 weeks ago '04        #3
ddash 
Props total: 33922 33 K  Slaps total: 2317 2 K
fcuk them trannies
+12   

3 weeks ago '11        #4
GravityEraser52 
Props total: 7816 7 K  Slaps total: 1151 1 K
So is this what the greatest country in the world does to it's citizens? Things that make you go hmm...
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #5
Coffee 
Props total: 32226 32 K  Slaps total: 6956 6 K
 GravityEraser52 said
So is this what the greatest country in the world does to it's citizens? Things that make you go hmm...
that's not America, n*ggah.

We ain't there yet, but f*gs would love for us to be.

+13   

2 weeks ago '17        #6
Coffee 

This is the motherfu*ker who got a hold of this man's daughter and twisted her up.
+7   

2 weeks ago '15        #7
kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
Props total: 41620 41 K  Slaps total: 20516 20 K
 Coffee said

This is the motherfu*ker who got a hold of this man's daughter and twisted her up.
What gets me is this f*g went behind the father’s back to advise his daughter.

The B.C. Infants Act says mature minors can consent to their own medical treatments and the B.C. Appeal Court affirmed the ability of “AB,” as the child has been known in these court proceedings, to do just that in a January 2020 decision. Even so, the father continued to wage a public campaign — in interviews with multiple Canadian and U.S. outlets and in posts on various social media platforms — maintaining that his child was too young to be making those decisions and insisting that parental consent was needed.

Even ruled he has to donate 30k for charitable contributions. The prosecution only wanted 45 days and the judge gave him 6 months lol. Wild times.
+5   

2 weeks ago '08        #8
stlcardinals19 
Props total: 16245 16 K  Slaps total: 1147 1 K
Shouldn't have broken privacy laws. Tough break

2 weeks ago '17        #9
Coffee 
 stlcardinals19 said
Shouldn't have broken privacy laws. Tough break
You're okay with a school counselor unbeknownst to you giving your child gender reassignment sh*t?

You're fine with a daddy send his daughter to school and having them bring him back a 'son'?
+10   

2 weeks ago '08        #10
stlcardinals19 
 Coffee said
You're okay with a school counselor unbeknownst to you giving your child gender reassignment sh*t?

You're fine with a daddy send his daughter to school and having them bring him back a 'son'?
While supporters of C.D.'s have argued that the court order violates his own right to freedom of expression, the judge said the father could have aired his grievances about his family law case, and his son's transition, by giving interviews without using his name or sharing personal details that put his child's privacy in jeopardy. Tammen noted the father did just that in an interview with a Vancouver-based YouTube channel that fully complied with the ban.
OP didn't include this in the post b/c it showcases how foolishly and above the law this White man felt he was entitled to. He had avenues to air his grievances out, but he was so intent on thoroughly embarrassing his kid he broke a very simple court order he could follow. I have no sympathy for someone who moves like he can't be touched and then finds out in a very hard way the opposite

2 weeks ago '04        #11
Skilllz 
Props total: 19825 19 K  Slaps total: 1962 1 K
sh*t man glad I ain’t got kids right now. This homos*xual era is crazy.

Gotta be active in what your kids are learning at these schools
+3   

2 weeks ago '08        #12
mitchk 
Props total: 658 658  Slaps total: 222 222
 Coffee said

fu*k this f*g
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #13
Mr Insecurity  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 7129 7 K  Slaps total: 687 687
 stlcardinals19 said
OP didn't include this in the post b/c it showcases how foolishly and above the law this White man felt he was entitled to. He had avenues to air his grievances out, but he was so intent on thoroughly embarrassing his kid he broke a very simple court order he could follow. I have no sympathy for someone who moves like he can't be touched and then finds out in a very hard way the opposite
Excellent post.

2 weeks ago '20        #14
confidential1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 44624 44 K  Slaps total: 2332 2 K
The United States, House of Representatives (lower house of Congress) passed amendments to the 1964 Equality Act that allow people ages 14 and up to change their gender without their parents’ permission.

How tf do individuals too young to legally drink, vote or f*ght for a country have rights that supersede their parents discretion, when those same parents are culpable for their actions?
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #15
Coffee 

stlcardinals19 said

Nah, you're full of complete sh*t. So is that Judge. Y'all on that gayboy time plain and simple.

This ain't about privacy, this is about sending a message to the parents of Canada that they can be jailed for this fu*k sh*t.
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #16
Coffee 

Jordan Peterson called this sh*t. And here it is.
+3   

2 weeks ago '08        #17
stlcardinals19 
 Coffee said
Nah, you're full of complete sh*t. So is that Judge. Y'all on that gayboy time plain and simple.
That's literally what he did. Even in the fundraiser he blatantly flew in the face of the court order:

The court also heard that C.D. put together an online crowdfunding campaign that included a link to a video containing his child's name and picture.
He violated privacy. Now you don't have to believe in child privacy, but for the time being, that's exactly how he moved. I've no sympathy for his stupid a*s.

This ain't about privacy, this is about sending a message to the parents of Canada that they can be jailed for this fu*k sh*t.
You are right. It actually is a sending of a message. Don't violate your kid's health privacy in the interest of trying to publicly embarrass them. Especially in front of a right-wing audience.

2 weeks ago '19        #18
Anomic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 68045 68 K  Slaps total: 10551 10 K
 confidential1 said
The United States, House of Representatives (lower house of Congress) passed amendments to the 1964 Equality Act that allow people ages 14 and up to change their gender without their parents’ permission.

How tf do individuals too young to legally drink, vote or f*ght for a country have rights that supersede their parents discretion, when those same parents are culpable for their actions?
They raised the legal age of tobacco to 21 but then do this??

This county gon burn bro. Might aswell get out so u dont sink with the ship

2 weeks ago '11        #19
GravityEraser52 
Props total: 7816 7 K  Slaps total: 1151 1 K
 Coffee said
that's not America, n*ggah.

We ain't there yet, but f*gs would love for us to be.

n*gga I fly and land my own jets... Meaning, I always know the terrain that I'm navigating. I know we're in Hellmerica plus my comment was related to another thread which stated: Apr 14 - Canada is the #1 Country in the World According to the 2021 Best Countries Report

And the said thread:

2 weeks ago '19        #20
 confidential1 said

I agree that parents shouldn't be left out of medical decisions that involve their children, but...while researching the claim you made above (above the bill's passage), I've looked at the bill.

. Where does it mention that parents are out of the decision making process? In fact, the word "parent" seems to only show up in the bill once.

This has resulted in a reduction of the pool of qualified and available homes for youth in the child welfare system who need placement on a temporary or permanent basis. It also sends a negative message about LGBTQ people to children and youth in the child welfare system about who is, and who is not, considered fit to be a parent. While the priority should be on providing the supports necessary to keep children with their families, when removal is required, barring discrimination in foster care and adoption will increase the number of homes available to foster children waiting for foster and adoptive families.
...and that section is about laws regarding LGBTQ people adopting children.
+2   

2 weeks ago '20        #21
confidential1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 44624 44 K  Slaps total: 2332 2 K
 Mr Insecurity said
I agree that parents shouldn't be left out of medical decisions that involve their children, but...while researching the claim you made above (above the bill's passage), I've looked at the bill.

. Where does it mention that parents are out of the decision making process? In fact, the word "parent" seems to only show up in the bill once.

...and that section is about laws regarding LGBTQ people adopting children.
I copied it somewhere from the OP, so I’m not taking it as 100% but rather replying to the sheer notion...

Tbh, I wouldn’t be surprised if it IS true but you prolly wouldn’t either, which is prolly why your fact checking...

Still props for the due diligence

2 weeks ago '05        #22
projectd06 
Props total: 25675 25 K  Slaps total: 6524 6 K
 GravityEraser52 said
God damn, took reading the 1st word to realize this article ain't about the US.

2 weeks ago '19        #23
 projectd06 said
God damn, took reading the 1st word to realize this article ain't about the US.
Yep, "B.C." ain't in the United States.
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #24
Joseph  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28216 28 K  Slaps total: 7965 7 K
LGBT people always wanna force their lifestyle and ideas on us despite the fact that most straight people don't even give a fu*k about the gay community.
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #25
projectd06 
Props total: 25675 25 K  Slaps total: 6524 6 K
 Mr Insecurity said
Yep, "B.C." ain't in the United States.
Correct

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  28
Image(s) inside Meek Mill Buys Up $50K Worth Of Dogecoin Amid Price Surge
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+59online now  28
May 4 - World’s Most Vaccinated Nation Reintroduces Lockdowns as Cases Surge
320 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+43online now  25
Video inside Wtf is in that bottle
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+38online now  6
Are these MMA f*ghters supposed to be angry....uhhh...
80 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy