Apr 17 - China Overtakes USA as Top Country For Foreign Investment

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+32  78
29 replies  @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 weeks ago '10        #1
631 page views
22 comments

philty 
Props total: 329 329  Slaps total: 392 392
Apr 17 - China Overtakes USA as Top Country For Foreign Investment

+1   

best
worst
22 comments

4 weeks ago '17        #2
WHATEVERMAN 
Props total: 14459 14 K  Slaps total: 1429 1 K
And the fallout from MAGAism continues. Oh well.
+9   

4 weeks ago '14        #3
BasedGawd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 20934 20 K  Slaps total: 3142 3 K
China runs America, y'all sleeping.
+6   

4 weeks ago '15        #4
naledgestate 
Props total: 26479 26 K  Slaps total: 2173 2 K
sh*t was inevitable.

So will them over taking us as the world's #1 economy.
+3   

4 weeks ago '13        #5
boobalo1 
Props total: 14601 14 K  Slaps total: 1669 1 K
Bunch of bad moves on our part.. Trump broke the Eagles back.. Dude turned a bunch of countries off on us...
+2   

4 weeks ago '13        #6
boobalo1 
Props total: 14601 14 K  Slaps total: 1669 1 K
Let the pandemic wane and we’ll revisit the issue.. US bout to take off by summer..
+4   

4 weeks ago '04        #7
d.c. supreme  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28165 28 K  Slaps total: 1392 1 K
first off...

second off... of course 2020 would shake up foreign investment it's a once in a century type event which closed borders and halted the global economy and supply chains. it inevitably was going to shake up those rankings but to act like 2020 is a barometer to base the future on is either ignorance or naivety or pure stupidity. 2020 is a rare event and year. also mind you INDIA was #1 and did better than china in 2020 in this metric, and while india is a future player in the global economy it's not on the level of china let alone the united states yet to mean anything of substance with this metric. what did 2019 look like?

Global foreign direct investment (FDI) totaled US$1.39 trillion in 2019, slightly less than a revised $1.41 trillion for 2018. But flows are still expected to rise moderately in 2020, according to an UNCTAD Investment Trends Monitor published on 20 January.

The United States remained the largest recipient of FDI, attracting $251 billion in inflows, followed by China with flows of $140 billion and Singapore with $110 billion.

this is pre-pandemic. pre 2020.

to act like 2020 is the trend and the years before aren't is to be huffing that sweet sweet chinese propaganda that is CGTN. has china been k*lling it in the 21st century? absolutely. but they did so with the perfect goldilocks moment of demographics which is currently fading and under the umbrella of the americans letting them cake in their system. that's all over. this is plateau season for china. they don't have the % of millennials or zoomers to replace their massive boomer population. which means that massive market is on the decline, not the incline. so no matter pandemic shifts of investment this is short lived. it's only downhill from here.
+9   

4 weeks ago '10        #8
philty  OP
Props total: 329 329  Slaps total: 392 392
 d.c. supreme said
first off...

second off... of course 2020 would shake up foreign investment it's a once in a century type event which closed borders and halted the global economy and supply chains. it inevitably was going to shake up those rankings but to act like 2020 is a barometer to base the future on is either ignorance or naivety or pure stupidity. 2020 is a rare event and year. also mind you INDIA was #1 and did better than china in 2020 in this metric, and while india is a future player in the global economy it's not on the level of china let alone the united states yet to mean anything of substance with this metric. what did 2019 look like?

to act like 2020 is the trend and the years before aren't is to be huffing that sweet sweet chinese propaganda that is CGTN. has china been k*lling it in the 21st century? absolutely. but they did so with the perfect goldilocks moment of demographics which is currently fading and under the umbrella of the americans letting them cake in their system. that's all over. this is plateau season for china. they don't have the % of millennials or zoomers to replace their massive boomer population. which means that massive market is on the decline, not the incline. so no matter pandemic shifts of investment this is short lived. it's only downhill from here.

3 weeks ago '16        #9
Ghostface Killa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20420 20 K  Slaps total: 3953 3 K
 WHATEVERMAN said
And the fallout from MAGAism continues. Oh well.
If u really believe this you're an idiot

3 weeks ago '17        #10
WHATEVERMAN 
 Ghostface k*lla said
If u really believe this you're an idiot
I was half joking, but it is true that the world stopped taking the US serious the moment we elected a reality TV star president. Show me another US president in history who was laughed at by the entire UN a*sembly. I'll wait.

3 weeks ago '16        #11
 WHATEVERMAN said
I was half joking, but it is true that the world stopped taking the US serious the moment we elected a reality TV star president. Show me another US president in history who was laughed at by the entire UN a*sembly. I'll wait.
Nah, he's an idiot for sure.

But he was all the way right about China being the enemy we were ignoring.

That's why Joe Biden will continue the campaign against them.

3 weeks ago '20        #12
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29974 29 K  Slaps total: 5792 5 K
 WHATEVERMAN said
We just elected a guy with dementia
+3   

3 weeks ago '17        #13
WHATEVERMAN 
 Xiox said
We just elected a guy with dementia
Perhaps, but he's still more competent than his predecessor. Just look what's happened with coivd the moment someone who understands how government works stepped in.

3 weeks ago '04        #14
bibbyboi 
Props total: 13863 13 K  Slaps total: 1748 1 K
 Ghostface k*lla said
Nah, he's an idiot for sure.

But he was all the way right about China being the enemy we were ignoring.

That's why Joe Biden will continue the campaign against them.
His way of combating China was really bad though. We should have been trying to make more multinational trade agreements with countries to start boxing China out instead of becoming more isolationist. Also we should have trade agreements with China to try and level the labor markets and to have them crack down on IP theft.

I will say, I think I might have been wrong about the tariffs though. From what I've seen they actually might have been an overall good after the initial hit we took.
+1   

3 weeks ago '19        #15
Anomic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 68821 68 K  Slaps total: 10667 10 K
 WHATEVERMAN said
Perhaps, but he's still more competent than his predecessor. Just look what's happened with coivd the moment someone who understands how government works stepped in.
Crazy af how Trump did worse than a mf with dementia

Obama would never

Makes me wonder if Biden had dementia from 08-2016

3 weeks ago '19        #16
MarathonOG 
Props total: 225 225  Slaps total: 149 149
They've been pumping and dumping the American economy for a while now.

3 weeks ago '04        #17
 philty said
oh i know the stats are legit i posted the source both them and dw used from the u.n. website, so i showed with the graph what it looks like in a normal year. was just saying the way those on cgtn were framing it was like this was now the norm or something and not a result of covid disruption which china clearly had the leg up on every other country because they knew what was happening first and being authoritarian they could tell their people to shut the fu*k up and stay inside while robots roamed the streets and kept quiet for a few months while it spread everywhere because they didn't want to admit they done goofed

3 weeks ago '16        #18
 bibbyboi said
His way of combating China was really bad though. We should have been trying to make more multinational trade agreements with countries to start boxing China out instead of becoming more isolationist. Also we should have trade agreements with China to try and level the labor markets and to have them crack down on IP theft.

I will say, I think I might have been wrong about the tariffs though. From what I've seen they actually might have been an overall good after the initial hit we took.
Agreed

Hopefully Biden gets it right because they are a real threat.

Last thing this world needs is a totalitarian superpower
+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #19
BrotherMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24636 24 K  Slaps total: 2762 2 K
 d.c. supreme said
first off...

Mandatory viewing:

+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #20
 BrotherMan said

Mandatory viewing:

yeah i'm still waiting on part 3, here's part 2 in case you/others haven't seen it but i'm guessing you have

+1   

3 weeks ago '10        #21
Hovi Bryant 
Props total: 23812 23 K  Slaps total: 6420 6 K
That's so much bullsh*t. If someone has money invested in China, they either got a ton of money to burn or they're an idiot. Maybe both.

You're better off with a crypto currency.

3 weeks ago '15        #22
BrotherMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24636 24 K  Slaps total: 2762 2 K
 d.c. supreme said
yeah i'm still waiting on part 3, here's part 2 in case you/others haven't seen it but i'm guessing you have

Yeah same here waiting for part 3
+1   

3 weeks ago '08        #23
sbbigmike 
Props total: 2309 2 K  Slaps total: 1145 1 K
 boobalo1 said
Let the pandemic wane and we’ll revisit the issue.. US bout to take off by summer..
America was great as fukk acrocss the board pre covid......thinks covid was a covert attempt to get trump out of office, he even caught the shyt.....then the banning of trumps voice online.....
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+32online now  55
May 10 - Magnet Sticks To Spot Where Woman Got Vaccinated, Others See Antennae..
204 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+67online now  29
Video inside Would you pay for it? Tijuana prices
275 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside Pooh Shiesty on IG Live responds to screenshot of him with tr@nny