How do you feel toward the hip-hop of today, BX?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

Vote
angry 1 2.27%
upset 1 2.27%
frustrated 17 38.64%
happy 9 20.45%
glad 5 11.36%
sad 11 25.00%
Voters: 44.   (BX member poll)

4 weeks ago '15        #1
808 page views
50 comments

bourne1978 
Props total: 16625 16 K  Slaps total: 14070 14 K
How do you feel toward the hip-hop of today, BX?

See poll.
+3   

best
worst
50 comments

4 weeks ago '13        #2
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 68118 68 K  Slaps total: 28035 28 K
Glad

Just proves how much dope and original sh*t was in the 80s 90's and early 2000s

+11   

4 weeks ago '04        #3
Real 
Props total: 21006 21 K  Slaps total: 2894 2 K
Loving it more than ever to be honest.

Muggs, Fraud, Futurewave, Daringer, Alchemist, Preservation, Sadhu Gold, Grubby Pawz, Madlib, etc..

Roc Marci, Rome Streetz, Mach-Hommy, Fahim, Your Old Droog, Left Lane Didon, Nas, Mac Miller, Eto, Meyhem Lauren, Benny, Boldy James, Westside Gunn, Cypress Hill, Ghostface, Billy Woods, Atmosphere, Eminem, Crimeapple, Earl Sweatshirt, Al.Divino, Larry June, Curren$y, Gibbs etc...

All still evolving and dropping some of the best projects of their career.

Obviously r.i.p. mac miller but Swimming and Circles can't be ignored.

So many dope artists and projects dropping these past few years for those that have actually been paying attention. This hip hop sh*t has been a blessing to me.

Been having a fu*king blast discovering and supporting and jamming all this sh*t, and these n*ggas showing no signs of slowing up yet

Last edited by Real; 05-05-2021 at 06:43 AM..
+13   

4 weeks ago '15        #4
JimmyDa3rd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30769 30 K  Slaps total: 3507 3 K
Been enjoying it a lot the last few years, so much variety in rappers to listen to sonically, production etc wise and a lot of them release often so i'm spoilt for choice
+4   

4 weeks ago '04        #5
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 19710 19 K  Slaps total: 1625 1 K
 Real said

Muggs, Fraud, Futurewave, Daringer, Alchemist, Preservation, Sadhu Gold, Grubby Pawz, Madlib, etc..

Roc Marci, Rome Streetz, Mach-Hommy, Fahim, Your Old Droog, Left Lane Didon, Nas, Mac Miller, Eto, Meyhem Lauren, Benny, Boldy James, Westside Gunn, Cypress Hill, Ghostface, Billy Woodz, Atmosphere, Eminem, Crimeapple, Earl Sweatshirt, Al.Divino, Larry June, Curren$y, Gibbs etc...

So many dope artists and projects dropping these past few years for those that have actually been paying attention. This hip hop sh*t has been a blessing to me.

Been having a fu*king blast discovering and supporting and jamming all this sh*t, and these n*ggas showing no signs of slowing up yet
Facts
+4   

4 weeks ago '15        #6
KING SOULJA 
Props total: 28769 28 K  Slaps total: 13164 13 K
Not enough Soulja Boy

4 weeks ago '18        #7
Rugby Jones  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27731 27 K  Slaps total: 3529 3 K
fu*k Rappers
They can't see outside they self
And fu*k the Police

4 weeks ago '15        #8
JRob1125 
Props total: 21392 21 K  Slaps total: 2126 2 K
Frustrated

Mainstream is trash and most of the underground is boring to me
+7   

4 weeks ago '13        #9
uoeno  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 47534 47 K  Slaps total: 9509 9 K
unaffected .... Spotify and Youtube lets me choose what i want to listen to ... so it's mostly 90s stuff

I dont know sh*t about new music unless if its posted on boxden ... and boxden dont really share songs that may be trending online

4 weeks ago '17        #10
Almighty HA 
Props total: 19461 19 K  Slaps total: 932 932
Don't really care as much as I've gotten older. I love the culture, if you're black it's in you and I by default but I'm not diggin it. It's too fabricated, the fans think they are A&Rs or bring up TWO things that DO NOT MATTER: "1. He selling more records/got more money" or "2. He a real one. I heard wild stories about him". Who gives a fu*k about that if the n*gga can't fu*king rap?

n*ggas gas up every album as a classic, in reality, it's not. People think alot of these new n*ggas are doing something creative but in reality, it's been done before and better. Rappers rap about sh*t I don't believe- at all. Whole culture is getting exploited and pimped. Every rapper is a clone nowadays; one little gimmick works for Rapper A, then Rapper B follows. ALL Controlled by algorithms and memes, instead of good quality music.

On the flipside, there are few artists who make good music but at the same time even they are trying to fit in instead of standing out. I'll stick to my 90s-00s music. Soundcloud has dope rappers tbh, but, you know the stigma about that and also, soon as they blow up, they turn into the same muthafu*kas i'm talking about above.

Last edited by Almighty HA; 04-15-2021 at 02:44 PM..
+10   

4 weeks ago '18        #11
Steve Gee97  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16290 16 K  Slaps total: 2304 2 K
The bar was kinda lowered down.......

Luckily for me, I am playing the classics of yesterday.

I am work playing some Grand Puba, Spice 1, Nas, Mad Skillz, Skyzoo, etc
+3   

4 weeks ago '07        #12
Pos 
Props total: 14411 14 K  Slaps total: 2523 2 K
so much trash, it takes a while going through it all.....always refreshing finding some gems

I’m always open to listen, but most of it falls wayyy short

there is more of a variety now and days tho
+2   

4 weeks ago '15        #13
Kno 
Props total: 23837 23 K  Slaps total: 2519 2 K
 Real said

Roc Marci, Rome Streetz, Mach-Hommy, Fahim, Your Old Droog, Left Lane Didon, Nas, Mac Miller, Eto, Meyhem Lauren, Benny, Boldy James, Westside Gunn, Cypress Hill, Ghostface, Billy Woodz, Atmosphere, Eminem, Crimeapple, Earl Sweatshirt, Al.Divino, Larry June, Curren$y, Gibbs etc...

Facts

People hate on new hip hop but don’t listen to half the records you mentioned. Plenty of good new stuff if people want to lend their ear.

The old records are always there to revisit as well. I enjoy bouncing back and fourth between different eras and styles of hip-hop.
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #14
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 52372 52 K  Slaps total: 17826 17 K
Dnt rock with it at all. The internet severely hurt it. It was something about being on the block back in the day and someone would come by in a geo blasting krs-one step into our world. Hip hop use to be more of an outside thing too. The soul is completely gone.

I'm all for change and evolution but hip hop has devolved. It lets anybody inside the culture and just the stigma and pain behind this new sh*t had me check out. Oversaturation of wack part time ups n*ggas . I remember back in the day you got clowned for being a rapper now its almost apart of every average clout chasing teenagers persona. Hip hop just aint for me no more dawg

The one bright note that it has done for me since I'm a late 80s babies 89 to be exact is that I have went back and discovered 80s gems some I heard as a child but didn't understand. Brand nubian/slow down and one for all etc.

Last edited by Oswaldgatesjr; 04-30-2021 at 07:20 AM..
+5   

1 week ago '10        #15
Bigg_Slime  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x36
Props total: 58973 58 K  Slaps total: 28817 28 K
 Real said

Facts

Glad I ain't moping around pissed off at the game

It was dope as hell hearing joe Budden turn up on his podcast and be excited over the new Young Thug YSL project, and bumpin my favorite song off the tape

1 week ago '10        #16
 Oswaldgatesjr said
Dnt rock with it at all. The internet severely hurt it. It was something about being on the block back in the day and someone would come by in a geo blasting krs-one step into our world. Hip hop use to be more of an outside thing too. The soul is completely gone.

I'm all for change and evolution but hip hop has devolved. It lets anybody inside the culture and just the stigma and pain behind this new sh*t had me check out. Oversaturation of wack part time ups n*ggas . I remember back in the day you got clowned for being a rapper now its almost apart of every average clout chasing teenagers persona. Hip hop just aint for me no more dawg

The one bright note that it has done for me since I'm a late 80s babies 89 to be exact is that I have went back and discovered 80s gems some I heard as a child but didn't understand. Brand nubian/slow down and one for all etc.
U sound like a drag

The stuff u actually frustrated about dont even have sh*t to do with the qualitye of the music, and it's a lotta hypocrisy all throughout your sh*t

Last edited by Bigg_Slime; 05-01-2021 at 09:48 AM..

1 week ago '17        #17
Sucka Repellent  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 83603 83 K  Slaps total: 16895 16 K
happy because i focus on the hip hop that fits into my way of life and what i like to hear....what sounds phenomenal to me. the past few years have been great for the hip hop that i love.
+2   

1 week ago '10        #18
n*ggas in here bi*chin bout the goofiest sh*t

"Wah wah everybody wanna be a rapper wahhhh"

n*gga in the 80s, EVERYBODY was a b-boy, mc, breakdancer, dj, beatboxer, etc

fu*k is yall talkin bout?

And everybody wasnt a big daddy kane or rakim. It was wack sh*t then too

I'm a 80s baby and I have always enjoyed the game through every single era, and always will. That's why I fu*k with the old head rappers who understand this sh*t truly and dont knock the new generation.

It's so much dope a*s music out here and it's a damn shame that yall hate how much it expanded when n*ggas used to bi*ch about not being accepted or taken seriously as a genre

Tf yall want?
+2   

1 week ago '18        #19
 Bigg_Slime said
U sound like a drag

The stuff u actually frustrated about dont even have sh*t to do with the qualitye of the music, and it's a lotta hypocrisy all throughout your sh*t
It has alot to do with the quality of music. The quality of music is trash. Because of the internet its too many garbage rappers floating around. Everyone sounds the same and dresses alike.

Just look at the content. The kid yungeen ace who I smoke gets 6 million views while a guy who took time to write his lyrics cyhi da prince can't crack 100k. I don't expect u to get anything I'm saying u had to be born after 1995. Hip hop is trash.
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '15        #20
Def Comedy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x86
Props total: 61235 61 K  Slaps total: 13445 13 K
I've been listening to 90s rock and reggae . This hip hop sh*t ain't doing sh*t for me
+1   

1 week ago '17        #21
Sucka Repellent  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 83603 83 K  Slaps total: 16895 16 K
 Real said

+1   

1 week ago '18        #22
FireBeats  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 62126 62 K  Slaps total: 14066 14 K
I got "No Feelings"

Cause it don't make me feel any kind of way. Most of it is trash now. Just filler music, when you go somewhere and it's playing in the background
+2   

1 week ago '10        #23
 Oswaldgatesjr said
It has alot to do with the quality of music. The quality of music is trash. Because of the internet its too many garbage rappers floating around. Everyone sounds the same and dresses alike.

Just look at the content. The kid yungeen ace who I smoke gets 6 million views while a guy who took time to write his lyrics cyhi da prince can't crack 100k. I don't expect u to get anything I'm saying u had to be born after 1995. Hip hop is trash.

*Rant Activated*

1st off, stop naming 1 dude out of a whole slew of artists to prove a moot point.

Cyhi hasn't blown becuz he has never focused on dropping a true single. He is just one of them cats that's nice with ghosting, and has good content but he ain't dropped that record that can shoot him outta here. U act like other n*ggas with content and a pen game ain't blew. Stop it

2ndly, LOL @ born after 1995..I got a couple posts in here sayin I'm a 80s baby n*gga is u serious. Unlike majority of this site I was born with this music sh*t in me and I come from the "golden era"

Who else u know bought their 1st Pac tape in 3rd grade with their own money? I was using a double deck cassette player making my own dr dre instrumentals by looping the end of my favorite songs off The Chronic, when they let the beat play out

I used to call our local music store on Monday becuz I figured out they stocked albums the day before the release date and I wanted to have the sh*ts before everybody else...

I was the young n*gga in the store reading the back of XXL and the source while mom dukes was grocery shopping

Its nothin u can tell me bout this rap sh*t. I breathe it

I make beats til this day. Taught myself how to chop samples in 2004. And I learned a lot about other styles of music from diggin thru samples. I consume and digest music in a completely different way than yall n*ggas.

Since I follow a lotta producer pages, I see how talented these young kids are today. I'm watching young teenagers get placements with the same cats that run the game right now. I'm talking 15-16-17 year old kids talented as fu*k. Got me watching their production tutorials

Got cats like griselda out here releasing 84848383 projects and gettin respect off good music. And successful with their merch. Got nas out here still progressing. Same with jay. Got platforms like Versuz

We get to watch our favorite artists record. My favorite artists go live all the time in the booth or studio. And n*ggas like Timbo got the Beatclub going on Twitch. That sh*t is DOPE

It's crazy how yall view the game in a such a bitter manner. Sometimes I wonder are yall really part of this sh*t for real

Last edited by Bigg_Slime; 05-01-2021 at 10:44 AM..
+1   

1 week ago '10        #24
By the way, I ghost wrote a verse for my day one homie for his collab with Jody Breeze. He is breeze cousin

I got it sittin on my computer right now

1 week ago '18        #25
 Bigg_Slime said
*Rant Activated*

1st off, stop naming 1 dude out of a whole slew of artists to prove a moot point.

Cyhi hasn't blown becuz he has never focused on dropping a true single. He is just one of them cats that's nice with ghosting, and has good content but he ain't dropped that record that can shoot him outta here. U act like other n*ggas with content and a pen game ain't blew. Stop it

2ndly, LOL @ born after 1995..I got a couple posts in here sayin I'm a 80s baby n*gga is u serious. Unlike majority of this site I was born with this music sh*t in me and I come from the "golden era"

Who else u know bought their 1st Pac tape in 3rd grade with their own money? I was using a double deck cassette player making my own dr dre instrumentals by looping the end of my favorite songs off The Chronic, when they let the beat play out

I used to call our local music store on Monday becuz I figured out they stocked albums the day before the release date and I wanted to have the sh*ts before everybody else...

I was the young n*gga in the store reading the back of XXL and the source while mom dukes was grocery shopping

Its nothin u can tell me bout this rap sh*t. I breathe it

I make beats til this day. Taught myself how to chop samples in 2004. And I learned a lot about other styles of music from diggin thru samples. I consume and digest music in a completely different way than yall n*ggas.

Since I follow a lotta producer pages, I see how talented these young kids are today. I'm watching young teenagers get placements with the same cats that run the game right now. I'm talking 15-16-17 year old kids talented as fu*k. Got me watching their production tutorials

Got cats like griselda out here releasing 84848383 projects and gettin respect off good music. And successful with their merch. Got nas out here still progressing. Same with jay. Got platforms like Versuz

We get to watch our favorite artists record. My favorite artists go live all the time in the booth or studio. And n*ggas like Timbo got the Beatclub going on Twitch. That sh*t is DOPE

It's crazy how yall view the game in a such a bitter manner. Sometimes I wonder are yall really part of this sh*t for real

Who's bitter? if we compare rap from 1996 to now and u don't see an obvious decline then you are not sane in the head. Sound cloud has enabled the average nobody from all over to record and rap and itsoulless.

Ok..cool I get that things don't stay the same and u must evolve but as I stated in the first post hip hop music has devolved. Also for the ones saying u just gotta find good hip hop.. No one has time to go thru hella youtube pages to do that. The agenda is already being pushed and these kids that they have out now are being used to further black on black crime and violence. They aren't saying anything of meaning that my soul can feel. Its souless. Also whos talented? Gunna, poor shiesty, lil durk? How are they talented with simple as rhyme schemes and patterns?

I'm outside everyday but now when I'm outside its strictly gap band, midnight star, rolls royce, alexander oneal, stylistic etc.. I dnt really care for new hip hop. I still play my classics.

Last edited by Oswaldgatesjr; 05-01-2021 at 10:57 AM..

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+25online now  52
May 10 - Magnet Sticks To Spot Where Woman Got Vaccinated, Others See Antennae..
167 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+22online now  26
Image(s) inside There is a new dog in town (f*ck out the way doge) the Rise of Shiba ..
202 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  25
Video inside Pooh Shiesty Caught Laid Up With A Tr@nny
401 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+29online now  22
Vince made the Call: Booker T-Triple H Segment Pulled From A&E’s “Biography”