ThorChain going live, will let you trade cryptos between each other

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

4 weeks ago '07        #1
1626 page views
19 comments

Thirst God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 4876 4 K  Slaps total: 1000 1 K
ThorChain going live, will let you trade cryptos between each other

ShapeShift CEO and crypto industry stalwart Erik Voorhees has suggested that the launch of ThorChain is arguably the biggest event in crypto this week.

And considering all eyes in crypto are on the direct listing of major United States exchange Coinbase on the Nasdaq on Wednesday — with a potential valuation of $140 billion according to the FTX derivatives exchange — that’s a pretty big claim.

The DEX will initially host pairings for Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and Binance Coin (BNB), with plans to support other crypto a*sets in the future.

ThorChain operates like other automated market makers, such as Uniswap, but with the important distinction that it enables the trading and swapping of crypto a*sets from completely different blockchains and networks.

ThorChain’s launch is scheduled for Tuesday and will mark the first time that native crypto a*sets can be traded on a decentralized exchange across unique blockchains without bridging technology or wrapping tokens.

In a tweet on Monday, Voorhees a*serted that the launch of a native cross-chain DEX will tread new ground for crypto.

“Thorchain has no bridges. It has no wrapping. It is native a*sets, swapped across chains in a decentralized way, for the first time ever,” Voorhees exclaimed.

Last edited by Thirst God; 04-14-2021 at 09:38 AM..
+7   

best
worst
19 comments

4 weeks ago '21        #2
JayMurdoch 
Props total: 2362 2 K  Slaps total: 156 156
you can already do that with uphold.

you can even trade crypto for foreign currency
+4   

3 weeks ago '06        #3
Bilal  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 144602 144 K  Slaps total: 15066 15 K
Yup another step to any and everything being online. The internet of things isn't just a digital term

Last edited by Bilal; 04-14-2021 at 06:05 PM..
+6   

3 weeks ago '06        #4
xastey 
Props total: 7841 7 K  Slaps total: 599 599
Um doesn't shapeshift.io already do this? So what's so special here, faster transfer times? Lower fees?
+2   

3 weeks ago '16        #5
DonLimpio 
Props total: 6956 6 K  Slaps total: 493 493
 JayMurdoch said
you can already do that with uphold.

you can even trade crypto for foreign currency
Says Thor is Decentralized though, so no middle man. Should be able to swap direct from your wallet rather than having your a*sets on the exchange. They won't store your funds nor info. No KYC policies either.

I may be wrong but I hope im understanding it right. Would be great to have a true Decentralized Exchange supporting a*sets from different blockchains without having to show I.D and have your swaps recorded (besides on the blockchain)
+3   

3 weeks ago '16        #6
Boogie1790  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 51213 51 K  Slaps total: 8092 8 K
I'm trying to get In on some crypto

Is Dodge coin worth investing in?

3 weeks ago '21        #7
JayMurdoch 
Props total: 2362 2 K  Slaps total: 156 156
 DonLimpio said
Says Thor is Decentralized though, so no middle man. Should be able to swap direct from your wallet rather than having your a*sets on the exchange. They won't store your funds nor info. No KYC policies either.

I may be wrong but I hope im understanding it right. Would be great to have a true Decentralized Exchange supporting a*sets from different blockchains without having to show I.D and have your swaps recorded (besides on the blockchain)
my mistake. I forgot you have to upload your id to use uphold. that is pretty interesting then.
+1   

3 weeks ago '08        #8
J_Clarity13 
Props total: 11904 11 K  Slaps total: 1607 1 K
 Boogie1790 said

fu*k no, but it's going to a $1 if that happens get out asap
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #9
 J_Clarity13 said
fu*k no, but it's going to a $1
sh*t if it goes to a dollar n I get in now wont I make a profit?

3 weeks ago '08        #10
J_Clarity13 
Props total: 11904 11 K  Slaps total: 1607 1 K
 Boogie1790 said
Yes, but be careful. There's no tech behind it. Just a joke coin.
+3   

3 weeks ago '16        #11
 J_Clarity13 said
Yes, but be careful. There's no tech behind it. Just a joke coin.
Ok I was only thinking of putting like 70 bucks on it

3 weeks ago '11        #12
Papa Shango 
Props total: 8743 8 K  Slaps total: 744 744
 J_Clarity13 said
fu*k no, but it's going to a $1 if that happens get out asap
 Boogie1790 said
For Doge to hit $1, it's market share would have to be 10x that of BTC. Going from a penny to a dollar is a 9,900% increase. So yea you would make a little profit. Is that likely to happen? fu*k to the no.

The truth, Doge, and tbh prolly 90% of all coins, are straight dog sh*t. They do nothing. Doge is a sh*t coin that is being meme'd to a penny. Understand that you are buying at an amazing all-time high, which I would not recommend under any circumstance barring some kind of insider knowledge.

If you don't want to read whitepapers, buy ETH or BTC. Currently the market, as a whole, is up a crazy fu*kin percent and it's pure speculation if it will continue. Don't listen to anyone who says otherwise, they don't know sh*t. Could it fall tomorrow? Yes. Could it quintuple in 24 hours? Sure could. Thats the game son. Don't hold your crypto on an exchange. I recommend Gemini to convert fiat into crypto, and Exodus as a wallet.
+4   

3 weeks ago '16        #13
 Papa Shango said
For Doge to hit $1, it's market share would have to be 10x that of BTC. Going from a penny to a dollar is a 9,900% increase. So yea you would make a little profit. Is that likely to happen? fu*k to the no.

The truth, Doge, and tbh prolly 90% of all coins, are straight dog sh*t. They do nothing. Doge is a sh*t coin that is being meme'd to a penny. Understand that you are buying at an amazing all-time high, which I would not recommend under any circumstance barring some kind of insider knowledge.

If you don't want to read whitepapers, buy ETH or BTC. Currently the market, as a whole, is up a crazy fu*kin percent and it's pure speculation if it will continue. Don't listen to anyone who says otherwise, they don't know sh*t. Could it fall tomorrow? Yes. Could it quintuple in 24 hours? Sure could. Thats the game son. Don't hold your crypto on an exchange. I recommend Gemini to convert fiat into crypto, and Exodus as a wallet.
My brother I got to do some reading. Thanks tho. Ill put that 70 somewhere else.

I jus found out I got 2 and a half shared of Walmart.

Ima sell a half a share
+2   

3 weeks ago '16        #14
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 64917 64 K  Slaps total: 3948 3 K
 Boogie1790 said

Probably not, but some folks like it. Etherium /bitcoin are the gold and silver standard. Doge is really cheap so you can buy a bunch and dump when it goes up in value. I made several hundred bucks yesterday off it. Do your own research though. Doge is an up and down pump and dump coin. Get in ride the wave and get out, many people are big on cordona and filecoin

Last edited by Proveone; 04-14-2021 at 09:49 PM..
+1   

3 weeks ago '17        #15
bayareabosses 
Props total: 994 994  Slaps total: 167 167
 Boogie1790 said
Ok I was only thinking of putting like 70 bucks on it
Yea do it pimp wait to buy when it’s in the red and watch it soon as it hits a buck pull da plug!!
+1   

3 weeks ago '11        #16
Papa Shango 
Props total: 8743 8 K  Slaps total: 744 744
 Papa Shango said
This sh*t aging poorly

3 weeks ago '04        #17
JiggZ 
Props total: 493 493  Slaps total: 60 60
 Boogie1790 said

Get in today tomorrow going to skyrocket

3 weeks ago '16        #18
 JiggZ said
Get in today tomorrow going to skyrocket
I gt in Friday

3 weeks ago '19        #19
Witness102  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 14015 14 K  Slaps total: 2854 2 K
 xastey said
Um doesn't shapeshift.io already do this? So what's so special here, faster transfer times? Lower fees?
Um don't they use Thorchain - the subject of this post to do it ?!

Um - aren't you stupid for calling someone out

SS is a mobile app for losers who pretend they are in crypto that recently added Thorchain support - and charges you extra fees for the 'privilege'.

3 weeks ago '06        #20
xastey 
Props total: 7841 7 K  Slaps total: 599 599
 Witness102 said
Um don't they use Thorchain - the subject of this post to do it ?!

Um - aren't you stupid for calling someone out

SS is a mobile app for losers who pretend they are in crypto that recently added Thorchain support - and charges you extra fees for the 'privilege'.
"ThorChain’s launch is scheduled for Tuesday" ... You can transfer with shapshift.io already. I did that earlier this year. This is where I was asking for clarity. No on is calling anyone out. How can someone get all up tight when someone is clearly trying to understand the difference and significance of this announcement. I may not be all into crypto inners like you with respect to this chain/company so I feel a question as to how its different is warrant here.

Chill the fu*k out and educate people that clearly are clueless about this.

Also you are correct SS is a mobile app BUT also they have a web platform that you can use to convert coins as well as handle your hard wallet. Now how do I know.. I know this because its the only way to access your KeepKey hardware wallet.. Something that I had to do earlier this year when I finally pulled out mines to play around with it (Got a Trezor T instead now) .

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  17
Title f*ght: Canelo Alvarez vs. Billy Joe Saunders (5/8 8pm ET DAZN)
1092 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  11
Article inside Black Panther 2’s Synopsis Is Pretty Cryptic, But Michael B. Jordan H..
58 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+93online now  10
Video inside Man Goes Through His Girlfriend's Phone, Video Calls The Dude She Was D..
188 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  4
Look what Yungeen Ace and Foolio started
37 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy