John Walker is the perfect Captain America

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
59 replies  @hiphop

most viewed right now
62 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '19        #1
1144 page views
21 comments

Airtight 
Props total: 11124 11 K  Slaps total: 1395 1 K
John Walker is the perfect Captain America

Spoilers, duh.

Hear me out.

Steve Rogers is an impossible person. He was born during an age and a war that was pretty easy to justify - Ze Germans were trying to conquer the world, American Nazis like Henry Ford wanted no parts of another European conflict and America was going to stay out of it. But ze Germans couldn't stop sinking American boats (which may or may have not been carrying supplies to the Allies) and Japan ends neutrality at Pearl Harbor. So from Steve's perspective, he's trying to stop a global conflict America wanted no parts of but was dragged into anyway.

That's his motivation. Steve himself is simply too good of a person. You see it in all his movies, his choices. He could have lifted the hammer in Age of Ultron but chose not to so Thor wouldn't get a complex. He's too good of a person to really exist.

Enter John Walker. In contrast to an out of time man born in the 1920s, Walker is very much a modern soldier. His motivation to protect freedom and country sent him to Afghanistan. I don't know how many servicemen and women y'all have known but I had two siblings in the military. I've met many of them. Not a single one is proud of their actions. They're proud to serve, proud to be a patriot but the actual things they did in Afghanistan and other places do not fill them with pride because only a psychopath would.

I think the conversation with John and Lemar was one of the best on the show. A lot of medal of honor or purple heart soldiers will tell you almost word for word what Walker said - they have medals to remind them of the worst day of their lives. As far as capturing a real veteran, they really hit the mark with Walker.

Now look at his Cap. He represents *actual* America versus Steve's America. Walker throws his d*ck around, expects people to bow to him simply because of who he is, inflicts his will on others because he views them as pawns. It's never more apparent than when he deals with the Dora Milaje. He's condescending, he believes he is in charge and has jurisdiction except it's actually the Wakandans that act like he thinks he is. They're the stronger nation that does whatever they want and k*lls whoever they want, yet Walker thinks the shoe is on the other foot.

And in the final moments of the latest episode, what's more representative of actual America than an American soldier on foreign soil k*lling a non-white terrorist in the name of freedom? This is what an actual Captain America would look like in real life, not Steve. It would be a war hero with PTSD and the arrogance of a high ranking military luminary. It's a really tragic lense to view through because it's just a little bit too close to home.

People have been HATING this guy from episode one but it's a testament to Marvel understanding both how much people adore Chris Evans' Cap and how to create a guy with such a punchable face it legit makes you cheer when he gets his a*s kicked. Unfortunately for us Americans, it's also an uncomfortable window to how other countries view us. Walker is the perfect Cap because he is America, every last molecule of him.
+23   

best
worst
21 comments

1 month ago '04        #2
regularjoe 
Props total: 31035 31 K  Slaps total: 6897 6 K
Wrong. Cap's personal views changed throughout his time in the MCU. His morals are what stood the test of time. THAT is why he's the perfect Captain America.

"Not a good solider, but a good man".

Now if you wanna go off into the narrative of "America doesn't have morals, etc., etc. etc" -- then sure I guess.
+8   

1 month ago '12        #3
ezduzit 
Props total: 35256 35 K  Slaps total: 3318 3 K
We’re still believing America didn’t want to be involved in the war?

+7   

1 month ago '20        #4
BlacksAndLatins  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10178 10 K  Slaps total: 5275 5 K
 Airtight said
Walker throws his d*ck around, expects people to bow to him simply because of who he is, inflicts his will on others because he views them as pawns.
I swear I've never seen a character inspire more fan fiction and alternative facts than Walker

Y'all must be watching a different show.

1 month ago '20        #5
 ezduzit said
We’re still believing America didn’t want to be involved in the war?

Like this d*ckless weirdo f*g**t here talking in another thread about Walker "having a bi*chfit" when Bucky & Sam didn't get in the car at first when that obviously never happened.

1 month ago '17        #6
CJ Schwarz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 57392 57 K  Slaps total: 3573 3 K
 Airtight said
Spoilers, duh.

Hear me out.

Steve Rogers is an impossible person. He was born during an age and a war that was pretty easy to justify - Ze Germans were trying to conquer the world, American Nazis like Henry Ford wanted no parts of another European conflict and America was going to stay out of it. But ze Germans couldn't stop sinking American boats (which may or may have not been carrying supplies to the Allies) and Japan ends neutrality at Pearl Harbor. So from Steve's perspective, he's trying to stop a global conflict America wanted no parts of but was dragged into anyway.

That's his motivation. Steve himself is simply too good of a person. You see it in all his movies, his choices. He could have lifted the hammer in Age of Ultron but chose not to so Thor wouldn't get a complex. He's too good of a person to really exist.

Enter John Walker. In contrast to an out of time man born in the 1920s, Walker is very much a modern soldier. His motivation to protect freedom and country sent him to Afghanistan. I don't know how many servicemen and women y'all have known but I had two siblings in the military. I've met many of them. Not a single one is proud of their actions. They're proud to serve, proud to be a patriot but the actual things they did in Afghanistan and other places do not fill them with pride because only a psychopath would.

I think the conversation with John and Lemar was one of the best on the show. A lot of medal of honor or purple heart soldiers will tell you almost word for word what Walker said - they have medals to remind them of the worst day of their lives. As far as capturing a real veteran, they really hit the mark with Walker.

Now look at his Cap. He represents *actual* America versus Steve's America. Walker throws his d*ck around, expects people to bow to him simply because of who he is, inflicts his will on others because he views them as pawns. It's never more apparent than when he deals with the Dora Milaje. He's condescending, he believes he is in charge and has jurisdiction except it's actually the Wakandans that act like he thinks he is. They're the stronger nation that does whatever they want and k*lls whoever they want, yet Walker thinks the shoe is on the other foot.

And in the final moments of the latest episode, what's more representative of actual America than an American soldier on foreign soil k*lling a non-white terrorist in the name of freedom? This is what an actual Captain America would look like in real life, not Steve. It would be a war hero with PTSD and the arrogance of a high ranking military luminary. It's a really tragic lense to view through because it's just a little bit too close to home.

People have been HATING this guy from episode one but it's a testament to Marvel understanding both how much people adore Chris Evans' Cap and how to create a guy with such a punchable face it legit makes you cheer when he gets his a*s kicked. Unfortunately for us Americans, it's also an uncomfortable window to how other countries view us. Walker is the perfect Cap because he is America, every last molecule of him.
I see what you're saying. John Walker is the perfect Captain America for the USA. Steve Rogers was not just for America he was for freedom and justice for everyone. He will go against the US Government if it violated people's rights. Walker is for the USA solely. Walker will carry out what America wants done with prejudice.
+9   

1 month ago '19        #7
Airtight  OP
 BlacksAndLatins said
I swear I've never seen a character inspire more fan fiction and alternative facts than Walker

Y'all must be watching a different show.
Uhhhhh... you're actually retarded. Not worth engaging with someone as low IQ as you.
+1   

1 month ago '13        #8
JosethaHustler 
Props total: 7203 7 K  Slaps total: 781 781
John Walker is a weapon; he doesn't question orders, just follows then.
He is not Captain America. He's a USA Winter Soldier, a male Black Widow with a Star on a vibranium shield, he's a weapon not a hero!
+5   

1 month ago '20        #9
 Airtight said
Uhhhhh... you're actually retarded. Not worth engaging with someone as low IQ as you.
Typical angry white bi*ch can't reason with logic and has to project ad hominems instead

You learned how to be an emotional bi*ch from your useless c*nt mother

1 month ago '04        #10
Wizzarino 
Props total: 13283 13 K  Slaps total: 1209 1 K
We’re all in agreement that Lamar is probably still alive right?
+3   

1 month ago '04        #11
kniccalodeon 
Props total: 10589 10 K  Slaps total: 525 525
 BlacksAndLatins said
Typical angry white bi*ch can't reason with logic and has to project ad hominems instead

If you’re still here tomorrow I’d be surprised.

1 month ago '20        #12
Maci 
Props total: 3416 3 K  Slaps total: 250 250
Johnny Walker?!!
+2   

1 month ago '20        #13
 kniccalodeon said
If you’re still here tomorrow I’d be surprised.
slapped your f*g**t a*s back

1 month ago '19        #14
Airtight  OP
 BlacksAndLatins said

There's no logic in your trash posts, you weren't even arguing you idiot, you're just a bitter little bi*ch that isn't worth the time to actually prove wrong. You're like a Trump supporter, allergic to facts. I ain't white either, bi*ch boy.

You're getting called a retarded bi*ch because that's what you are. Not just that, you're hella needy too. Now run along and find some other way to get attention because you clearly need it very badly like a little toddler.

1 month ago '18        #15
Signor  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x44
Props total: 72413 72 K  Slaps total: 6725 6 K
this show has been a masterpiece so far.. i wouldnt doubt it gets taught in school if it keeps progressing like this

1 month ago '20        #16
 Airtight said

There's no logic in your trash posts, you weren't even arguing you idiot, you're just a bitter little bi*ch that isn't worth the time to actually prove wrong. You're like a Trump supporter, allergic to facts. I ain't white either, bi*ch boy.

You're getting called a retarded bi*ch because that's what you are. Not just that, you're hella needy too. Now run along and find some other way to get attention because you clearly need it very badly like a little toddler.
slapped without reading f*g**t

1 month ago '19        #17
Airtight  OP
 CJ Schwarz said
I see what you're saying. John Walker is the perfect Captain America for the USA. Steve Rogers was not just for America he was for freedom and justice for everyone. He will go against the US Government if it violated people's rights. Walker is for the USA solely. Walker will carry out what America wants done with prejudice.
That's really good, I never thought about Steve being planet Earth's Cap since he's so Murica centric.

1 month ago '19        #18
Airtight  OP
 JosethaHustler said
John Walker is a weapon; he doesn't question orders, just follows then.
He is not Captain America. He's a USA Winter Soldier, a male Black Widow with a Star on a vibranium shield, he's a weapon not a hero!
Hmmm. I think he might be now but he was clearly just trying to fit the shoes early on.

1 month ago '13        #19
JosethaHustler 
Props total: 7203 7 K  Slaps total: 781 781
 Airtight said
Hmmm. I think he might be now but he was clearly just trying to fit the shoes early on.
Steve Rogers was always spiritually a hero. His moral compass and ethics were optimistically idealist. John Walker ain't that guy and you're right he was trying to fit toCap's boots!

1 month ago '17        #20
tu calmas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29198 29 K  Slaps total: 4322 4 K
Steve Rogers was a fascist who thought that he was above the laws of any government - or collection of governments. You know how narcissistic you have to be to think that your morals are perfect and that your physical strength gives you the moral imperative to unilaterally impose your will on those around you? Strong, sanctimonious, and no respect for the collective - he's the Perfect representation of America

1 month ago '05        #21
Immaking 
Props total: 440 440  Slaps total: 17 17
Thought is it was interesting that the conversation between Lamar and Walker concluded with Lamar saying
[spoiler - click to view]

The sheer volume of literary devices employed in this show is amazing

1 month ago '18        #22
Mr Tibbs 
Props total: 18749 18 K  Slaps total: 1909 1 K
what the **** y’all talking about.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+29online now  30
Video inside May 15 - ISRAEL BEGINS DEPORTING BLACK AMERICAN HEBREWS
226 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-24online now  28
New coin that's doing major #####
56 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  19
UFC 262: Oliveira vs. Chandler
706 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-32online now  9
The first look at Billy Porter as the fairy godmother in Camila Cabello’s ‘CIN..
66 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy