Apr 12 - Covid pandemic growing ‘exponentially’ at more than 4.4 million new cases a week

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
31 replies  @wild'ish

most viewed right now
+47  73
99 replies  @guap

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

Top 10 most propped recently  3 weeks ago '07        #1
2235 page views
85 comments

yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x45
Props total: 75154 75 K  Slaps total: 7865 7 K
Apr 12 - Covid pandemic growing ‘exponentially’ at more than 4.4 million new cases a week

The WHO said the trajectory of the pandemic is now “growing exponentially” at more than 4.4 million new Covid-19 cases.

Maria Van Kerkhove, the agency’s technical lead for Covid-19, said “we’re in a critical point of the pandemic.”

“This is not the situation we want to be in 16 months into a pandemic where we have proven control measures,” she said.

The World Health Organization said Monday the trajectory of the coronavirus pandemic is now “growing exponentially,” with more than 4.4 million new Covid-19 cases reported over the last week.

Maria Van Kerkhove, the agency’s technical lead for Covid-19, said “we’re in a critical point of the pandemic,” as some countries ease restrictions even as new cases per week are more than eight times higher than a year ago.

“This is not the situation we want to be in 16 months into a pandemic where we have proven control measures. It is the time right now where everyone has to take stock and have a reality check of what we need to be doing,” she said during a press briefing. “Vaccines and vaccinations are coming online, but they aren’t here yet in every part of the world.”

Covid-19 cases climbed by 9% across the globe last week — the seventh consecutive weekly increase — and deaths jumped 5%, she said, asking governments to support their citizens in implementing pandemic safety measures.

Last month, WHO officials warned of a steady rise in Covid-19 cases and deaths, urging people to stick with mask mandates and social distancing rules as the world enters a critical phase of the pandemic.

The virus is “stronger, it’s faster” with the emergence of new variants that spread more easily and are more deadly than the original wild strain of the virus, Dr. Mike Ryan, the head of the WHO’s health emergencies program, said March 31. “We’re all struggling” with and sick of restrictive lockdowns, he said.

India has overtaken Brazil as the second worst-infected country behind the United States after Covid-19 cases continued to surge across India where a double-mutant variant researchers say could be more contagious has emerged and is rapidly spreading.

In the U.S., B.1.1.7, the highly contagious coronavirus variant first identified in the United Kingdom is now the most common strain circulating, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said last week.

Hospitals are also seeing a rise in young people being admitted, she said.

Walensky said the U.S. needs to accelerate its vaccination efforts, which are averaging about 3.1 million shots per day. “We must continue to vaccinate as many Americans as we can each day,” Walensky said, adding it will cause new cases and deaths to decline.

The WHO urged the public and world leaders to continue to practice safety measures, including social distancing, wearing masks, washing hands and avoiding crowded spaces.

best
worst
85 comments

3 weeks ago '07        #2
240ka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20529 20 K  Slaps total: 5255 5 K
Got my vaccine yesterday. Mask up and stay safe out there.
+27   

3 weeks ago '20        #3
SweezyDeuce 
Props total: 9042 9 K  Slaps total: 2151 2 K
So sad that people are selfish stupid a**holes.

Get your vaccine. Wear a mask. Social distance and keep clean.
+25   

3 weeks ago '17        #4
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 160050 160 K  Slaps total: 11002 11 K
But muh freedumbs and muh reichs and masks are tyranny.
+12   

3 weeks ago '17        #5
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 160050 160 K  Slaps total: 11002 11 K
 240ka said
Got my vaccine yesterday. Mask up and stay safe out there.
So how's your 5G reception?

+16   

3 weeks ago '07        #6
240ka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20529 20 K  Slaps total: 5255 5 K
 Naga Sadow said

Hell my reception has been garbage ever since.

#mythbusted
+13   

3 weeks ago '21        #7
MrDoubtfire 
Props total: 1305 1 K  Slaps total: 1226 1 K
bidens america. this n*gga can't do anything.

3 weeks ago '20        #8
SweezyDeuce 
Props total: 9042 9 K  Slaps total: 2151 2 K
 Naga Sadow said

I love this response. But to answer yeah no damn upgrades here. Same sh*tty service. No brain leaks yet neither 😆
+4   

3 weeks ago '15        #9
PineappleOG 
Props total: 39807 39 K  Slaps total: 7235 7 K
Harder to vaccinate the world when our pharma companies aren't just sharing the info to mass produce in other countries. Patents are holding back society. Also doesn't help people think this vaccine is like a bullet proof shield so people loosening defenses. Some these vaccines just mitigate symptoms and don't actually prevent you from catching and spreading virus. Still not getting vaccine until I wait and see how this all plays out, in meantime still masking up and social distancing.
+26   

3 weeks ago '19        #10
Anomic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 67994 67 K  Slaps total: 10549 10 K
They been saying this. They said the vaccines dont help with the new strains and cases will rise anyway until a newer vaccine comes out

3 weeks ago '04        #11
#RAPTORSWON  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 9299 9 K  Slaps total: 3185 3 K
 Anomic said
They been saying this. They said the vaccines dont help with the new strains and cases will rise anyway until a newer vaccine comes out
No one said this. Stop spewing lies.
+14   

3 weeks ago '05        #12
pippen33 
Props total: 17795 17 K  Slaps total: 1331 1 K
Interesting. But it seems like certain regions are contributing to this.

India has like 1.5 billion people, about 20% of the worlds population and they are doing horrible with Covid. There is so many people there that in certain areas social distancing is almost impossible and there will inevitably be a vaccine shortage.

Brazil is also doing very bad.

Put those 2 countries into the equation and sh*t looks horrible.

You cant just look at averages. As it seems to be very region specific.
+6   

3 weeks ago '06        #13
Bilal  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 143921 143 K  Slaps total: 14987 14 K
I caught this sh*t again lol. Luckily only thing is a sore throat and I feel slightly off. I feel 95% tho so I'm bool lol. fu*ked up tho
+2   

3 weeks ago '05        #14
Carpe_DM 
Props total: 4710 4 K  Slaps total: 578 578
I’m back in protocol. Friend of mine tested positive Friday so I got tested (lab test) sat just waiting on the results. I’ve already had it once before and symptoms were high af. Only thing I feel now is soreness like I’ve been working out and an occasional headache.

3 weeks ago '19        #15
Anomic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 67994 67 K  Slaps total: 10549 10 K
 #RAPTORSWON said
No one said this. Stop spewing lies.

Some early findings that were published in the preprint server bioRxiv, which have yet to be peer reviewed, indicate that the variant identified in South Africa, known as 501Y.V2, can evade the antibodies provided by some coronavirus treatments and may reduce the efficacy of the current line of available vaccines.

+7   

3 weeks ago '05        #16
pippen33 
Props total: 17795 17 K  Slaps total: 1331 1 K
 Carpe_DM said
I’m back in protocol. Friend of mine tested positive Friday so I got tested (lab test) sat just waiting on the results. I’ve already had it once before and symptoms were high af. Only thing I feel now is soreness like I’ve been working out and an occasional headache.
Ohhhh sh*t. You can get that sh*t twice?!
+1   

3 weeks ago '06        #17
Icee 
Props total: 24211 24 K  Slaps total: 1719 1 K
As expected, everything is opening back up! It was a bad idea to open everything up after basically the elderly and Tier1A workers received vaccinations
+5   

3 weeks ago '15        #18
AdRock 
Props total: 13919 13 K  Slaps total: 1996 1 K
Been vaxxed since Feb 13 and I stay doing the protocols. People saying they caught it again, that’s fu*ked. The natural immunity ain’t worth a sh*t.
+3   

3 weeks ago '06        #19
bigmike5115 
Props total: 503 503  Slaps total: 244 244
I still got antibodies 11 months later

3 weeks ago '04        #20
#RAPTORSWON  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 9299 9 K  Slaps total: 3185 3 K
 Anomic said

Some early findings that were published in the preprint server bioRxiv, which have yet to be peer reviewed, indicate that the variant identified in South Africa, known as 501Y.V2, can evade the antibodies provided by some coronavirus treatments and may reduce the efficacy of the current line of available vaccines.

The UK varient is more common which is covered by the vaccines

3 weeks ago '18        #21
FireBeats  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 61906 61 K  Slaps total: 14030 14 K
 Bilal said
I caught this sh*t again lol. Luckily only thing is a sore throat and I feel slightly off. I feel 95% tho so I'm bool lol. fu*ked up tho
Did you get the vaccine? How you now you got it again? You get this confirmed or tested?

3 weeks ago '21        #22
MrDoubtfire 
Props total: 1305 1 K  Slaps total: 1226 1 K
 PineappleOG said
Harder to vaccinate the world when our pharma companies aren't just sharing the info to mass produce in other countries. Patents are holding back society. Also doesn't help people think this vaccine is like a bullet proof shield so people loosening defenses. Some these vaccines just mitigate symptoms and don't actually prevent you from catching and spreading virus. Still not getting vaccine until I wait and see how this all plays out, in meantime still masking up and social distancing.
masks dont work. thats become more then evident at this point.

also the 6ft social distance guidelines we were given came from a study done in the 1800's. theres been numerous studies that say 3 feet is equally as effective.

youre almost there. youll get it and whats really goin on soon enough.

3 weeks ago '06        #23
Bilal  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 143921 143 K  Slaps total: 14987 14 K
 FireBeats said
Did you get the vaccine? How you now you got it again? You get this confirmed or tested?
Nope fu*k a vaccine. I took three of those quick tests. My nephew caught it but with kids it's damn near nothing so he ain't think to mention he wasn't solid. Came around started feeling the same way as last year when I caught it. The next day I felt good got tested anyway all 3 tests came back positive. Oh well fu*k it this ain't bad at all so IDC. Last year for me was worse even tho I had "mild" symptoms. Now I barely have a sore throat, spitting up mucus, and feel just a little off. I'm good tho.

Last edited by Bilal; 04-12-2021 at 02:56 PM..

3 weeks ago '06        #24
imthatinfamous 
Props total: 22501 22 K  Slaps total: 7063 7 K
There was a spike in the spring last year too and then a sharp decline that lasted from Mid May to the end of September...ironic, because in the summer everyone was saying fu*k it and were going out and doing their damn thing....

The "experts" have been wrong throughout this whole damn thing and its fair to question everything
+4   

3 weeks ago '16        #25
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
Props total: 95173 95 K  Slaps total: 17794 17 K
 Naga Sadow said

+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+34online now  42
Video inside Wtf is in that bottle
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+33online now  39
Are these MMA f*ghters supposed to be angry....uhhh...
71 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+27online now  35
Video inside 🔥JOE BUDDEN Premiers New PODCAST With ICE & ISH ‘JOE WILL NAME ..
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+197online now  8
Video inside Chamillionaire with the knowledge. Take risks people.
84 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy