Why Sony makes the best games

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+16  63
44 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

4 weeks ago '14        #1
1471 page views
69 comments

Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 18036 18 K  Slaps total: 11153 11 K
Why Sony makes the best games

This is why Sony makes the best games I remember hearing a dev say MS EA and all these other game companies are driven by board members to make money....

If you idiots think big name Bethesda games are going to be exclusives you're an idiot. The reason why Sony doesn't buy something like a Bethesda is because it would be a money hole over creating and expanding your own studio.

MS didn't buy Bethesda higher than it's value to lose out on money dumb dumbs... Phil Spencer never said all Bethesda games would be exclusive he said the exact opposite of that.

best
worst
69 comments

4 weeks ago '05        #2
Krazie 
Props total: 35458 35 K  Slaps total: 4703 4 K
This dude still obsessing in denial over Bethesda.
+13   

4 weeks ago '16        #3
Novii 
Props total: 5965 5 K  Slaps total: 898 898
While I agree Sony makes the best games and what not I’m iffy about your reasoning for Sony not buying Bethesda.

Now I don’t know personally but someone on Reddit pretty much explained any attempt of a block buster purchase like a publisher would kick off a bidding war, and unfortunately there’s just no outbidding Microsoft. Look at what happened with Leyou. Sony made a bid, but Tencent just had more money to put up and offer. It’s not just money either, there’s a lot of variables that goes into a purchase and essentially you’re still taking a risk to make whatever back. Studios work differently as it’s more of an internal decision that doesn’t have shareholders involved that would go for the best offer. If it’s not Microsoft in the west it’s tencent in the east. Sony’s best approach would just be head hunting talented studios and putting some money behind them or just opening new studios and promoting talent from within. We all know it’s quality > quantity.

Also, if Days Gone 2 is in development we have to suspect more of the article to be inaccurate. Even though Jeff Ross said it’s accurate. Since you know, to “pitch” a project means you’ve yet to start it.

4 weeks ago '17        #4
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 63207 63 K  Slaps total: 19015 19 K
I heard this is a real good interview. And that a lot of doom and gloom regarding Sony lately was all speculative bullsh*t.

IMO when it comes to Sony and Nintendo I think they benefit greatly from having great leadership (ethical business practices aside) that know how to execute their visions properly, which is why both companies seem to always have periods that are super fruitful. That's what Microsoft needs to figure out, spending all that money don't mean sh*t if you built on a shaky foundation and you don't have a great grasp on the kinds of games you wanna make or in what ways you want to try and innovate. Also helps if you're able to establish an identity or two when it comes to your games. Sony perfected that 3rd person cinematic sh*t and dropped a game in a post apocalyptic setting one month and another based in Feudal Japan the next.
+4   

4 weeks ago '14        #5
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6 OP
 Krazie said
This dude still obsessing in denial over Bethesda.
I only play on PC... YOU DONT UNDERSTAND BUSINESS IF YOU BELIEVE BETHESDA GAMES WILL BE EXCLUSIVE YOURE IN DENIAL!!!

Phil Spencer said it himself that there will still be games coming to playstation he never once said future big name titles will be exclusive to Xbox and it's doubtful that would ever happen.

4 weeks ago '14        #6
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6 OP
 Novii said
While I agree Sony makes the best games and what not I’m iffy about your reasoning for Sony not buying Bethesda.

Now I don’t know personally but someone on Reddit pretty much explained any attempt of a block buster purchase like a publisher would kick off a bidding war, and unfortunately there’s just no outbidding Microsoft. Look at what happened with Leyou. Sony made a bid, but Tencent just had more money to put up and offer. It’s not just money either, there’s a lot of variables that goes into a purchase and essentially you’re still taking a risk to make whatever back. Studios work differently as it’s more of an internal decision that doesn’t have shareholders involved that would go for the best offer. If it’s not Microsoft in the west it’s tencent in the east. Sony’s best approach would just be head hunting talented studios and putting some money behind them or just opening new studios and promoting talent from within. We all know it’s quality > quantity.

Also, if Days Gone 2 is in development we have to suspect more of the article to be inaccurate. Even though Jeff Ross said it’s accurate. Since you know, to “pitch” a project means you’ve yet to start it.
The dumb thing is thinking MS would buy Bethesda over it's value and then sale it's biggest games on the console with the smallest user base and lose money on your purchase instantly. That would make 0 business sense.

This is why Sony would never purchase a big studio it literally serves no purpose. Insomniac was going down hill and it's games did better on Playstation anyways.

It would make more sense for Sony to buy Bethesda and do exclusive games more so than MS doing it. Xbots are delusional if they think MS would actually lose money on a purchase like that.

4 weeks ago '04        #7
KURUPTION!!! 
Props total: 4058 4 K  Slaps total: 296 296
That's not why they make the best games (which they do), but you wanted to make a positive Playstation thread today and a negative Xbox one and it being Sunday the news is slow. You won the day.
+5   

4 weeks ago '05        #8
TonyCartagena 
Props total: 54078 54 K  Slaps total: 8994 8 K
They Came Running In Fast As fu*k
+3   

4 weeks ago '16        #9
Novii 
Props total: 5965 5 K  Slaps total: 898 898
 Swade009 said
The dumb thing is thinking MS would buy Bethesda over it's value and then sale it's biggest games on the console with the smallest user base and lose money on your purchase instantly. That would make 0 business sense.

This is why Sony would never purchase a big studio it literally serves no purpose. Insomniac was going down hill and it's games did better on Playstation anyways.

It would make more sense for Sony to buy Bethesda and do exclusive games more so than MS doing it. Xbots are delusional if they think MS would actually lose money on a purchase like that.
Personally I don’t think they’re going to make it all exclusive. I think it’ll be day and date with gamepass, maybe some extra perks for Xbox players. But there’s too much money on the table to just say welp too bad so sad. Wasn’t Xbox pushing the pro consumer narrative? Wasn’t it Phil saying locking away games is anti gamer? Regardless, I just don’t see it even if they’re banking off gamepass.
+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #10
Krazie 
Props total: 35458 35 K  Slaps total: 4703 4 K
 Swade009 said
I only play on PC... YOU DONT UNDERSTAND BUSINESS IF YOU BELIEVE BETHESDA GAMES WILL BE EXCLUSIVE YOURE IN DENIAL!!!

Phil Spencer said it himself that there will still be games coming to playstation he never once said future big name titles will be exclusive to Xbox and it's doubtful that would ever happen.

"The thing I want you to know is this is about delivering great exclusive games for you that ship on platforms where Game Pass exists. And that's our goal, that's why we're doing this, that's the root of this partnership that we're building - and the creative capability we'll be able to bring to market for Xbox customers is going to be the best it's ever been for Xbox after we're done here."

My man can't read. The message is clear.

Enjoy deathloop and Ghostwire and then transition to the final stage of grief.
+6   

4 weeks ago '20        #11
D1dnt read 
Props total: 17649 17 K  Slaps total: 4038 4 K
yep sony letting the experts handle the game creation

unlike MS where they have old out of touch execs walk in and force devs to implement dumb a*s sh*t that was cool back in 1974

+3   

4 weeks ago '17        #12
 Krazie said

"The thing I want you to know is this is about delivering great exclusive games for you that ship on platforms where Game Pass exists. And that's our goal, that's why we're doing this, that's the root of this partnership that we're building - and the creative capability we'll be able to bring to market for Xbox customers is going to be the best it's ever been for Xbox after we're done here."

My man can't read. The message is clear.

Enjoy deathloop and Ghostwire and then transition to the final stage of grief.
This is all talk until they deliver. I will say their studios have been k*lling it tbh for the past year, but for PC imo. Although I know Flight Sim and a few others will hit console soon, I don't think they had very many games that console goers would gravitate to.
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #13
For what it's worth btw, Jason made a post at resetera doubling down on his article

4 weeks ago '15        #14
jersey kidd 
Props total: 303 303  Slaps total: 19 19
 Swade009 said

they quite literally said outside of current contractual obligations, the bethesda deal was to have exclusives on platforms supporting gamepass.

let the games actually drop and see where they land instead of going off about your imaginary business acumen
+4   

4 weeks ago '05        #15
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 86867 86 K  Slaps total: 11753 11 K
I guess, but why would this matter if you own a PC and all the consoles?

+5   

4 weeks ago '17        #16
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 160520 160 K  Slaps total: 11027 11 K
Sony makes the best games?

+8   

4 weeks ago '17        #17
 Naga Sadow said

I love when Nintendo gets their random praise on here
+1   

4 weeks ago '20        #18
D1dnt read 
 Naga Sadow said

yes, we’re not 12 years old anymore

4 weeks ago '06        #19
TreZ 
Props total: 6544 6 K  Slaps total: 1749 1 K
 TonyCartagena said
They Came Running In Fast As fu*k
Krazie was the first one to comment
+3   

4 weeks ago '20        #20
D1dnt read 
@ u slapped but how many of those does Nintendo even still make exclusively for their systems?

don’t care about their history, we’re talking about the present.. snake, final fantasy guy, street f*ghter, etc have nothing to do with Nintendo currently

other than Mario, Zelda and Pokémon, who else they got? half the pic is some fairy dudes with elf ears and a bunch of old franchises that they no longer make and u wanna argue that that’s better than Sony’s current franchises?

4 weeks ago '11        #21
Gamemusic 
Props total: 5233 5 K  Slaps total: 436 436
 Naga Sadow said

Right. Sony don't make the best sh*t. The highest rated EXCLUSIVE (cause they love that word) right now is Breath of the Wild. Nintendo literally had two exclusives up for Game of the Year recently. Had the highest selling exclusive last year. Stop with that.
+4   

4 weeks ago '04        #22
tnice 
Props total: 17632 17 K  Slaps total: 673 673
so how's this generation going so far? haven't bothered to fu*k with either new console yet

4 weeks ago '17        #23
LazyLeg 
Props total: 9508 9 K  Slaps total: 414 414
For anyone that's played days gone is it any count? I got put off from buying it back in the day hearing it was just the same boring sh*t over and over or something like that so never looked too deep into it after that but now that I've gotten it for free basically is it worth it to invest the time downloading it with a slow a*s internet connection then hours into the game or naw?

4 weeks ago '17        #24
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 160520 160 K  Slaps total: 11027 11 K
 D1dnt read said
@ u slapped but how many of those does Nintendo even still make exclusively for their systems?

don’t care about their history, we’re talking about the present.. snake, final fantasy guy, street f*ghter, etc have nothing to do with Nintendo currently

other than Mario, Zelda and Pokémon, who else they got? half the pic is some fairy dudes with elf ears and a bunch of old franchises that they no longer make and u wanna argue that that’s better than Sony’s current franchises?
Name a PS4 game that has had as big of an impact as Animal Crossing. I'll wait....
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #25
 Naga Sadow said
Name a PS4 game that has had as big of an impact as Animal Crossing. I'll wait....
Look at this n*gga praising Animal Crossing right now

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  86
Title f*ght: Canelo Alvarez vs. Billy Joe Saunders (5/8 8pm ET DAZN)
1053 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+109online now  17
This how you legally check in your gun at airport.. THE FULL PROCESS
94 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+94online now  16
Video inside Man Goes Through His Girlfriend's Phone, Video Calls The Dude She Was D..
187 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside WTF happened to Sammy Sosa?
141 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy