Apr 11 - This Mother and Her Two Daughters Own Every McDonald’s in the City of Compton

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '11        #1
2877 page views
80 comments

Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 150667 150 K  Slaps total: 21216 21 K
Apr 11 - This Mother and Her Two Daughters Own Every McDonald’s in the City of Compton

Patricia Williams opened her first McDonald’s franchise store in 1984. Today, Williams and her daughters Nicole Enearu and Kerri Harper-Howie own every McDonald’s in the city of Compton, according to Black Business.

Williams and her daughters, who began working with her in 2000, have successfully opened 13 stores, generated almost $50 million in revenue and have employed over 700 people.

Williams’ journey started over 30 years ago. She and her husband — inspired by family members who already owned McDonald’s franchises — cashed out their retirement plans and set out to open their first store. Their risk reaped major rewards, as the McDonald’s brand grew throughout the 1980s, Williams and her husband were able to purchase a second store before making another bold business move. When her marriage ended, Williams bought her husband’s share in their business, sold their stores and opened five more.

This leap of faith required her to take out a small business loan, attend the required classes, and spend time working in the store all while raising two daughters and working as a rehabilitation therapist.

“It was a pretty intense, a three-year program and I had two young daughters,” Williams said. “But like most things in life, it was the right time and the right place. The opportunity presented itself so I jumped right on in and I haven’t regretted one moment.”

According to Black Business, neither Nicole or Kerri set out to join their mother but ultimately decided to grow their family empire and get involved by opening their own stores.

Nicole attended the McDonald’s franchise training program for owners and later became the first female, African American Chair for the McDonald’s Southern California Regional Leadership Council.

Kerri is a lawyer and started out first by providing legal and HR help to her mother’s franchise locations, but then completed a training program for children of McDonald’s owner operators called the Next Generation program.

Now, they work to uplift their community by making their stores family friendly and accessible. They also offer scholarships to local students, and fund various local and national charities through their non-profit — the Williams/Enearu Organization.

visit this link https://afrotech.com/this .. ity-of-compton
+104   

best
worst
80 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 45951 45 K  Slaps total: 7035 7 K
Im not gon sit here and celebrate her selling poison to her own people

1 month ago '12        #3
Ricky Retardo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 37480 37 K  Slaps total: 3407 3 K
 Lite said
Bold

But theres pros and cons to everything.

Williams and her husband were able to purchase a second store before making another bold business move. When her marriage ended, Williams bought her husband’s share in their business, sold their stores and opened five more.

need to hear from Mr Williams on this.
+33   

1 month ago '18        #4
antisocial100 
Props total: 15327 15 K  Slaps total: 4449 4 K
First comment is pure ignorance. McDonald’s is not meant to be eaten everyday it’s a if I’m over here and super hungry I’ll probably get it. Also good for those 3am out the club and I’m hungry flex to.

You a hater , she not forcing no one to eat it everyday , if someone does then they’re dumb
+62   

1 month ago '17        #5
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 45951 45 K  Slaps total: 7035 7 K
 antisocial100 said
First comment is pure ignorance. McDonald’s is not meant to be eaten everyday it’s a if I’m over here and super hungry I’ll probably get it. Also good for those 3am out the club and I’m hungry flex to.

You a hater , she not forcing no one to eat it everyday , if someone does then they’re dumb
And to top it off she dont pay ya mfs sh*t neither..

Lemme guess dont work there then?

Exactly why you wont find me celebrating this sh*t

1 month ago '06        #6
king kum  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5740 5 K  Slaps total: 1395 1 K
 Sin said

Patricia Williams opened her first McDonald’s franchise store in 1984. Today, Williams and her daughters Nicole Enearu and Kerri Harper-Howie own every McDonald’s in the city of Compton, according to Black Business.

Williams and her daughters, who began working with her in 2000, have successfully opened 13 stores, generated almost $50 million in revenue and have employed over 700 people.

Williams’ journey started over 30 years ago. She and her husband — inspired by family members who already owned McDonald’s franchises — cashed out their retirement plans and set out to open their first store. Their risk reaped major rewards, as the McDonald’s brand grew throughout the 1980s, Williams and her husband were able to purchase a second store before making another bold business move. When her marriage ended, Williams bought her husband’s share in their business, sold their stores and opened five more.

This leap of faith required her to take out a small business loan, attend the required classes, and spend time working in the store all while raising two daughters and working as a rehabilitation therapist.

“It was a pretty intense, a three-year program and I had two young daughters,” Williams said. “But like most things in life, it was the right time and the right place. The opportunity presented itself so I jumped right on in and I haven’t regretted one moment.”

According to Black Business, neither Nicole or Kerri set out to join their mother but ultimately decided to grow their family empire and get involved by opening their own stores.

Nicole attended the McDonald’s franchise training program for owners and later became the first female, African American Chair for the McDonald’s Southern California Regional Leadership Council.

Kerri is a lawyer and started out first by providing legal and HR help to her mother’s franchise locations, but then completed a training program for children of McDonald’s owner operators called the Next Generation program.

Now, they work to uplift their community by making their stores family friendly and accessible. They also offer scholarships to local students, and fund various local and national charities through their non-profit — the Williams/Enearu Organization.

Powerful!!!!
+6   

1 month ago '20        #7
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 33575 33 K  Slaps total: 2903 2 K

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '16        #8
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x34
Props total: 96248 96 K  Slaps total: 17975 17 K
excellence
+5   

1 month ago '14        #9
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 137663 137 K  Slaps total: 32309 32 K
Real life mcdowells

Last edited by strungout; 04-11-2021 at 01:42 PM..
+14   

1 month ago '13        #10
YSPromoshunz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 22891 22 K  Slaps total: 13516 13 K
Black Excellence

The racists and c00ns are gonna hate this. It's gonna burn their souls. They'll come in here hating on McDonalds now talking about how they're selling unheathy food to their own community. Those are racists who hate to see black people creating generational wealth. Mind you those racists are bums living in trailer park trash with no money at all
+23   

1 month ago '17        #11
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x45
Props total: 94833 94 K  Slaps total: 29202 29 K
 Lite said
Mcdonald's has cleaned up their act with much cleaner food.

When you go you can get the healthy choices.

I'm not mad.
+1   

1 month ago '17        #12
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x45
Props total: 94833 94 K  Slaps total: 29202 29 K
+3   

1 month ago '17        #13
lucifershammer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 58359 58 K  Slaps total: 5827 5 K
Mcdonalds corporate front office has got into trouble by accusations that it "advises" black franchise owners to locate to black areas and require such owners to purchase expensive insurance and security measures.

A group of black franchisers have taken McDonald's to court.

So the whole article come off as a product of a pr campaign
+28   

1 month ago '11        #14
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29 OP
 lucifershammer said
Mcdonalds corporate front office has got into trouble by accusations that it "advises" black franchise owners to locate to black areas and require such owners to purchase expensive insurance and security measures.

A group of black franchisers have taken McDonald's to court.

So the whole article come off as a product of a pr campaign

I wouldn't have never posted this article if I would have known this

company’s discriminatory practices has led to a $700,000 sales gap between Black-owned franchises and those owned by white people.

Franchises in low-income neighborhoods cost more to operate, have higher employee turnover and are not as profitable, the lawsuit said.

“By relegating Black owners to the oldest stores in the toughest neighborhoods, McDonald’s ensured that Black franchisees would never achieve the levels of success that White franchisees could expect,” the lawsuit said. “Black franchisees must spend more to operate their stores while White franchisees get to realize the full benefit of their labors.”

More than 50 former Black McDonald’s franchise owners made similar claims to Washington’s in a lawsuit filed against the company in September, saying they were forced to sell around 200 stores in the last decade.

Last edited by Sin; 04-11-2021 at 02:44 PM..
+21   

1 month ago '17        #15
S PHX GOD 
Props total: 47551 47 K  Slaps total: 6010 6 K
 Sin said

i forgive you, fam
+7   

1 month ago '11        #16
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29 OP
 S PHX GOD said
i forgive you, fam
the original post was absolutely a fluff piece distracting from a bigger issue
+13   

1 month ago '17        #17
Its 
Props total: 15302 15 K  Slaps total: 1471 1 K
 Sin said

That's fu*ked up
But I understand why in theory it makes sense...
Between all my grandparents children, my family has owned over 100 franchises. Popeyes, dunking donuts, subway, papa John's etc
The amount ppl that have tried to put us out of business is staggering to say the least. The overwhelming majority of those ppl have been white. We have all opened up franchises in "their" neighborhoods and been attacked financially for it.
They don't make a fuss in store, they contact Corporate and make allegations. Our ovens don't cook things evenly, goofy sh*t like that usually... and these complaints cost money, trust.
With a lot of the franchises eventually, they start to realize that we're being picked on, but what can they do about it? Tell us to serve our own. That's what damn near all of them have sort of mentioned in the past 20 something years lol

Business is war
+16   

1 month ago '05        #18
pnoi89  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 23695 23 K  Slaps total: 2491 2 K
 Lite said
Was expecting a comment like this lol. BX never disappoints.
+6   

1 month ago '17        #19
dubsax 
Props total: 50381 50 K  Slaps total: 4197 4 K
my cousin owns the las vegas fat burgers'
+11   

1 month ago '19        #20
Anomic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 68819 68 K  Slaps total: 10667 10 K
 LostTenets said
Mcdonald's has cleaned up their act with much cleaner food.

When you go you can get the healthy choices.

I'm not mad.
The healthier choices are 2x or 3x as much as the regular food tho so the ppl that actually eat mcdonalds everyday dont have that option really
+2   

1 month ago '15        #21
ChoAssUp 
Props total: 74354 74 K  Slaps total: 4307 4 K
Raw no pullout all tree of dem til I'm finished or I'm done.
+3   

1 month ago '05        #22
Arceo 
Props total: 2223 2 K  Slaps total: 992 992
 YSPromoshunz said
Black Excellence

The racists and c00ns are gonna hate this. It's gonna burn their souls. They'll come in here hating on McDonalds now talking about how they're selling unheathy food to their own community. Those are racists who hate to see black people creating generational wealth. Mind you those racists are bums living in trailer park trash with no money at all
Excellence is 30 shootings in one weekend and only 3 dying. That aim is excellence.

This is great business choices and sacrifice . And no excuses.

1 month ago '20        #23
Jaye85 
Props total: 1353 1 K  Slaps total: 86 86
Yup, most McDonalds are franchised so they can be bought and managed. Also, consider buying franchised grocery stores and operating them in the same community as well.
+2   

1 month ago '05        #24
projectd06 
Props total: 25999 25 K  Slaps total: 6564 6 K
 Lite said
Man stop eating sh*t that's bad for you and blaming the person who sold it to you.
+5   

1 month ago '05        #25
projectd06 
Props total: 25999 25 K  Slaps total: 6564 6 K
 YSPromoshunz said
Black Excellence

You may have legit convinced yourself that you ain't white
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+32online now  23
May 10 - Magnet Sticks To Spot Where Woman Got Vaccinated, Others See Antennae..
194 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+67online now  18
Video inside Would you pay for it? Tijuana prices
271 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+35online now  17
Vince made the Call: Booker T-Triple H Segment Pulled From A&E’s “Biography”
148 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+23online now  8
Image(s) inside There is a new dog in town (f*ck out the way doge) the Rise of Shiba ..
224 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy