Apr 10 - Dwayne Johnson Responds to Poll Showing 46% Americans Would Back Him as POTUS

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+21  506
408 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

1 month ago '15        #1
3543 page views
99 comments

People Talk  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x152
Props total: 130904 130 K  Slaps total: 16136 16 K
Apr 10 - Dwayne Johnson Responds to Poll Showing 46% Americans Would Back Him as POTUS

Actor and former wrestler Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson has previously dropped hints that he was eyeing the possibility of running for the Oval Office, noting, however, that he would base a final decision on the level of public interest.

After a new poll by Piplsay revealed that at least 46% of Americans would support a Dwayne Johnson run for the US presidency, 'The Rock' himself took to Twitter on Friday to comment on the possibility.

"Not sure our Founding Fathers ever envisioned a six-four, bald, tattooed, half-Black, half-Samoan, tequila drinking, pick up truck driving, fanny pack wearing guy joining their club - but if it ever happens it'd be my honor to serve the people", Johnson tweeted.
According to the Piplsay poll, which asked whether participants would back the political candidacies of Matthew McConaughey and Dwayne Johnson for Texas governor and US president, respectively, 29% said they would support both, with additional 17% standing with The Rock exclusively.

​Among other celebrity candidates for the White House mentioned in the survey who received less support from Americans were Tom Hanks, Angelina Jolie, Will Smith, Leonardo Di Caprio, Oprah Winfrey and others. The poll showed, 39% believe that celebrities could make good politicians, with an additional 24% noting they could be effective if they have "the right team in place".

Johnson has made it clear that he has been eyeing the possibility of running for president, noting that the idea was "alluring" and admitting that he will have to "get some experience and understand policy" before running. In the 2020 White House race, the actor and ex-wrestler endorsed Joe Biden.

His fans appear divided over whether to support his potential political ambitions, with some instantly moving to photoshop campaign posters reading "Dwayne Johnson for President", and others urging The Rock to continue to do what he is already good at, and not becoming involved in politics.

+25   

best
worst
99 comments

1 month ago '07        #2
Ham Rove  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 47948 47 K  Slaps total: 2581 2 K
Id expect those numbers to change as soon as he started taking policy positions. As of now he's just a well liked celebrity.
+96   

1 month ago '16        #3
BathWaterMelody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 74279 74 K  Slaps total: 10198 10 K
his current show Young Rock is basically confirming his candidacy

it's fairly descent too.

it humanizes him, delves into his background as a kid and reflects his sociopolitical principles now.

and he's got the rural area wrestling fans on lock, pretty sure whatever roody poo candy a*s Republican trying to run against him doesn't stand a chance.
+34   

1 month ago '15        #4
mwtx 
Props total: 19511 19 K  Slaps total: 3368 3 K
We just got through trump being pres, how much worse could it possibly be?

As long as dude has a vp that knows their sh*t I’m his ear.
+15   

1 month ago '05        #5
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 98116 98 K  Slaps total: 37073 37 K
We will whoop jung uns candy a*s
+10   

1 month ago '05        #6
Stupendamatic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16554 16 K  Slaps total: 1472 1 K
 BathWaterMelody said

it's fairly descent too.

it humanizes him, delves into his background as a kid and reflects his sociopolitical principles now.

and he's got the rural area wrestling fans on lock, pretty sure whatever roody poo candy a*s Republican trying to run against him doesn't stand a chance.
I like Young Rock, its enjoyable and they did a great job with the casting.
+3   

1 month ago '04        #7
Tikyle2 
Props total: 7527 7 K  Slaps total: 1109 1 K
Once he puts a (R) or (D) next to his name, half of those 46% ain't gonna rock with him anymore.
+61   

1 month ago '16        #8
smokeytheblunt2 
Props total: 42922 42 K  Slaps total: 2392 2 K
you know this is really going to happen, right? for a pro wrestler turned action superstar to be asked about this this much for this long I feel like its just going to happen.........
+12   

1 month ago '16        #9
GR33ZY 
Props total: 954 954  Slaps total: 86 86
Rock gon layeth the smacketh down on Jingping jabroni looking a*s lmfao
+7   

1 month ago '20        #10
MrDarkCloud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 7492 7 K  Slaps total: 726 726
 mwtx said
We just got through trump being pres, how much worse could it possibly be?

As long as dude has a vp that knows their sh*t Im his ear.
For real. Trump set the bar extremely low. Everybody thinks they can get a bid at the presidency. I could see his views being a little too left for my liking but sh*t, he might as well try.
+5   

1 month ago '21        #11
LuxG2 
Props total: 6108 6 K  Slaps total: 1077 1 K
We just had a actor in... let’s take a break from that
+12   

1 month ago '16        #12
smokeytheblunt2 
 BathWaterMelody said

it's fairly descent too.

here's another thing about Dwayne, NOTHING this dude does is by accident, its all calculated, he's really that fu*king good.........if he actually runs he's been planning to do so for 20 years..........
+12   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '19        #13
Anomic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 69191 69 K  Slaps total: 10708 10 K
 Tikyle2 said
Once he puts a (R) or (D) next to his name, half of those 46% ain't gonna rock with him anymore.
And if he puts an (I) next to his name, aint no one gon rock with em anymore
+12   

1 month ago '07        #14
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x88
Props total: 217247 217 K  Slaps total: 19649 19 K
 Tikyle2 said

1 month ago '05        #15
Fauby  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31207 31 K  Slaps total: 3384 3 K
 MrDarkCloud said
For real. Trump set the bar extremely low. Everybody thinks they can get a bid at the presidency. I could see his views being a little too left for my liking but sh*t, he might as well try.
The rocks Dad is Canadian (from Nova Scotia) so rock probably does lean more left on most issues
+2   

1 month ago '15        #16
Still Numskull 
Props total: 19611 19 K  Slaps total: 5250 5 K
fu*kin Idiocracy
+13   

1 month ago '20        #17
Ball Man 
Props total: 3211 3 K  Slaps total: 175 175

Just gonna be a puppet... with his charisma and way with a crowd he's gonna be able to convince the masses of anything... and peepole will follow no questions.
+7   

1 month ago '16        #18
BathWaterMelody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 74279 74 K  Slaps total: 10198 10 K
 Anomic said
And if he puts an (I) next to his name, aint no one gon rock with em anymore
if he runs independent, I literally will start canvassing for that n*gga door-to-door.

on God
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '19        #19
Anomic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 69191 69 K  Slaps total: 10708 10 K
 BathWaterMelody said
if he runs independent, I literally will start canvassing for that n*gga door-to-door.

on God
Running independent is a finesse like a mf cuz u aint gon win but if u get a certain amount u get hella "funding" for your next run
+6   

1 month ago '12        #20
ZlatanDrogba  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 7852 7 K  Slaps total: 663 663
So this just confirms that the study was "paid" by The Rock PR team
+2   

1 month ago '18        #21
Sandyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 55457 55 K  Slaps total: 11073 11 K
that one old head wrestler from the 80s who hate the rock somewhere punching the air in his double wide
+8   

1 month ago '16        #22
smokeytheblunt2 
 Tikyle2 said
call me fu*king crazy but I honestly dont know how much it'd matter. if he was republican he'd lean so much towards the left that it wouldnt bother a lot of dems and at the end of the day Dwayne is a former pro wrestler, an action star and a family man so even if he ran as a dem he could still win republicans over.......
+4   

1 month ago '06        #23
Bilal  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 145487 145 K  Slaps total: 15137 15 K
He'd be the perfect republican actually. He can bring people together with traditional republican views and not this bullsh*t that is today I'm voting for that n*gga

Last edited by Bilal; 04-11-2021 at 05:14 AM..
+4   

1 month ago '21        #24
FredoBangz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 518 518  Slaps total: 211 211
 Ham Rove said
Id expect those numbers to change as soon as he started taking policy positions. As of now he's just a well liked celebrity.
DO. YOU. KNOW. YOUR. HISTORY?!

People are the most fickle, stupid things walking. They worship celebrity more than deities and if he ran, he'd won.

If the president can be a proven racist, s*xist, middle-america elitist, why can't the Rock win? Policy be damned.
+7   

1 month ago '15        #25
Still Numskull 
Props total: 19611 19 K  Slaps total: 5250 5 K
Bout to have 'Chris Benoit' in the whitehouse.

Surely he has CTE.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  15
Juicy J buys safemoon !!!!
64 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+56online now  13
Gentrifying Black Culture
100 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+29online now  13
May 14 - Senate Commitee CONFIRMS animals kept dying during COV19 Vax trials...
88 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+90online now  12
Curry family exposed as Zionists
218 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy