Texans reporter out of job after calling Deshaun Watson allegations 'a money grab'

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+32  73
29 replies  @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 month ago '05        #1
1744 page views
52 comments

Stuart Scott  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 57454 57 K  Slaps total: 9628 9 K
Texans reporter out of job after calling Deshaun Watson allegations 'a money grab'

Aaron Wilson, the Houston Texans beat writer for the Houston Chronicle, is out of a job, according to Defector's Diana Moskovitz and Kalyn Kahler, just a few weeks after an eyebrow-raising interview with a Boston radio show.

During the interview with The Greg Hill Show on WEEI on March 19, Wilson repeatedly cast doubt on Watson's accusers, calling the allegations against the Texans quarterback a "money grab" and comparing negotiations between Watson's camp and Houston attorney Tony Buzbee, who is representing the plaintiffs, to a terrorist negotiation.

On the same day, Buzbee held a press conference announcing he was representing 12 Watson accusers. That number has since reached 22, with the Houston Police Department investigating another complaint not connected to Buzbee. An additional woman has accused Watson of inappropriate behavior through Sports Illustrated's Jenny Vrentas.

Per Defector, Chronicle sports editor Reid Laymance told sports staffers in a meeting on Friday. that Wilson is no longer employed by the Chronicle, with no specifics regarding the change or Wilson's coverage of the lawsuits. He reportedly told reporters to be mindful of what they say on other platforms, a message echoing what Chronicle executive editor Steve Riley told the entire newsroom.

Riley reportedly wrote about newsroom ethics and proper behavior while covering Watson:

“The s*xual a*sault allegations against Deshaun Watson bring those standards front and center,” Riley wrote. “This note serves as a reminder that as we report, analyze and describe those allegations, those who bring them and the person they are brought against, we must approach the story with fairness and care toward all involved. Given the frequency of content we are creating, on a growing number of print and digital channels, our editors must also be more vigilant with our oversight of coverage on all platforms.”

The email went on to remind staffers that they always represent the Chronicle during any media appearances, and must do so with the permission of a supervisor.

“Facts are good. Analysis is OK. Opinion, speculation or baseless a*sertions are not. We won’t tolerate that sort of commentary.”

The email reportedly did not mention Wilson by name, but Defector reports that multiple sources said they believed it was in response to Wilson and his radio interview.

Wilson has not tweeted since reporting the signing of Las Vegas Raiders Karl Joseph on Friday afternoon.

What did ex-Texans reporter Aaron Wilson say about the Deshaun Watson case?

Throughout the interview, Wilson approached the Watson case from a decidedly pro-Watson angle. Here's how he began the interview when asked if the accusations were a money grab or if there would be criminal charges:

"There's no criminal charges. Yeah, it's a money grab and it started off that way, and once the lawyer put it out after they didn't want to acquiesce and pay the money demands, then they put out a call for more. And that's what he's doing by using the Instagram, he's trying to attract more cases. Basically, it's ambulance chasing ... I tell you what, most of the legal community in Houston thinks low of what Tony Buzbee is doing. It's looked down upon.

Deshaun Watson is a guy that's highly respected. I've known him for years, been around him not just at the stadium. I've been to the charity events, a few social settings. I know his entire camp.

Here's what Wilson had to say when asked if he didn't believe the accusers:

I'm skeptical. Let's put it like that, yeah. I tell you this, I want to be careful. I'm not dismissing that it could be true in a sense that I wasn't there ... The people that know what happened are him and those alleged women who haven't put their name on it. It's all a Jane Doe situation, so we don't know the women, there's no way to vet it. There's no way to really look into it.

I'm not saying that I'm not [pro-Watson]. I don't know them, I know him. I'm not going to throw the guy under the bus before I have some proof. I don't feel like I have the proof.

Wilson proceeded to note the lack of involvement of the Harris County sheriff's department and praised Watson's attorney, Rusty Hardin, as "a powerhouse lawyer" and disclosing that he just spoke with him the previous night.

He then held up Watson's underprivileged background as evidence of his character, speculated that Watson's lack of previous incidents made him an easier target for the accusers and dropped the "don't negotiate with terrorists" line:

He's had impeccable character, that's accurate. He's a guy that grew up in public housing, single mom, had cancer, he was a ballboy for the Falcons, had a bunch of jobs. He was a really underprivileged kid growing up and became a football star. So it's been a meteoric rise. For Deshaun, now that he's got the money, perhaps he's a target. That was a point that was made to me by David Cornwell, who's represented a lot of the players in personal conduct cases.

It's easier, actually, when you go after someone with an impeccable reputation in many ways, because they have the means to pay. In the case of someone like this, Deshaun Watson, they're more likely to pay to make the whole thing go away. In his case, it's kind of like you don't negotiate with terrorists. People are demanding money, they're asking for money.

It kept escalating, it kept going up and up and up, you start talking about more and more funds. I'm not going to say how much it got to, but my understanding is that there was an admission ... that this was just a money grab. But they didn't expect for this to get to this point where there's other cases. That's the risk you run.

Wilson has been covering the Watson case since the beginning. His piece on the reaction from Watson's camp entitled "Who is the real Deshaun Watson?" published March 26 in the Chronicle received criticism from Texas Monthly for granting anonymity to several pro-Watson sources.

Texas Monthly also reported that the Chronicle's coverage of Watson had "generated consternation among its staff," with reporters voicing their concerns to upper management.

visit this link https://sports.yahoo.com/ .. 053931146.html
+18   

best
worst
52 comments

1 month ago '19        #2
aaf192020 
Props total: 18206 18 K  Slaps total: 1188 1 K
Well

1 month ago '20        #3
BuiltForThis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 11015 11 K  Slaps total: 19907 19 K
How much money would 22 females add up to?

1 month ago '15        #4
6Fraud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 65862 65 K  Slaps total: 21347 21 K
Witch hunt
+12   

1 month ago '07        #5
KeepinItTrill 
Props total: 60569 60 K  Slaps total: 4072 4 K
so he got fired for doubting the legitimacy of the claims...sounds about right

go along with the guilty until proven innocent motive or get canned

Last edited by KeepinItTrill; 04-10-2021 at 08:57 AM..
+46   

1 month ago '18        #6
SFamilyRep  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 101698 101 K  Slaps total: 12493 12 K
I'm not saying that I'm not [pro-Watson]. I don't know them, I know him. I'm not going to throw the guy under the bus before I have some proof. I don't feel like I have the proof.
This has been my position since day 1. Not saying I’m taking D. Watson side but I don’t have enough information to make a judgement on if he’s guilty. There’s been no proof.
+23   

1 month ago '06        #7
latereg6 
Props total: 1701 1 K  Slaps total: 190 190
I mean isn't it technically true no matter if Watson actually did it or not
+2   

1 month ago '05        #8
Soprano ATL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 22071 22 K  Slaps total: 1798 1 K
Sometimes it’s better to stfu.
+8   

1 month ago '18        #9
@ furious they got no proof of nothing. Keep slapping posts Gloria Allred

If the glove doesn’t fit you must acquit
+7   

1 month ago '05        #10
 SFamilyRep said

Gotta say. It doesn’t look good that they admitted he was sleeping with them.

1 month ago '20        #11
BuiltForThis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 11015 11 K  Slaps total: 19907 19 K
 SFamilyRep said

Been established weeks ago what y’all f*ggits
demand as “proof”.

“Consensual” don’t even work for y’all

1 month ago '04        #12
all3rd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 48011 48 K  Slaps total: 13297 13 K

Shocked Impact still has this up

1 month ago '04        #13
all3rd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 48011 48 K  Slaps total: 13297 13 K
 Soprano ATL said
Sometimes it’s better to stfu.
Pretty much, but he couldn’t just get suspended for a bit. Completely losing his job seems a bit much.
+5   

1 month ago '12        #14
Ricky Retardo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 37480 37 K  Slaps total: 3407 3 K
 KeepinItTrill said
so he got fired for doubting the legitimacy of the claims...sounds about right

go along with the guilty until proven innocent motive or get canned
Oh it's very real. Heard Candace Owen once say we shouldn't be defined by and attach to perception when we know what's right and wrong.

What Wilson said is what a rational adult would say even if the scenarios were not the same.

We don't know any of these women or even what motivates them. We know more about DW and seen him in more stressful situations than anything these Jane Doe claims have given us to doubt him and believe them besides being fu*king women.

But say that and we're women haters and spreading rhetoric that a*sault on women shouldn't be taken serious.

But if this was about a*sault and seeking justice and retribution why not file a police report...why try to keep it on the hush at 1st?

Why would we not question it especially after the Canadian chick that put Bill Cosby away did that 1st and got ignored which is why they went hard on Bill.

Police were already involved and nothing happened, these bi*ches skipped that part as if they knew justice wouldn't be served so they might as well get paid.... that's extortion.
+5   

1 month ago '18        #15
 Soprano ATL said
Gotta say. It doesn’t look good that they admitted he was sleeping with them.
Why doesn’t it look good? A millionaire fu*king hella bi*ches ain’t too crazy. n*ggas look at Robert Kraft like it was nothing
+11   

1 month ago '05        #16
 SFamilyRep said
Why doesn’t it look good? A millionaire fu*king hella bi*ches ain’t too crazy. n*ggas look at Robert Kraft like it was nothing
Robert Kraft was a creepy old man who went to a run n tug, not good but not as weird. This is a weird a*s dude going to real masseuses and pulling his d*ck out. Some of them went along with it and consented. It doesn’t make him less of a weirdo.
+7   

1 month ago '04        #17
D1nOnlyMrM@  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15113 15 K  Slaps total: 2350 2 K
 Soprano ATL said
Robert Kraft was a creepy old man who went to a run n tug, not good but not as weird. This is a weird a*s dude going to real masseuses and pulling his d*ck out. Some of them went along with it and consented. It doesn’t make him less of a weirdo.
Are you sure they are real masseuse like that? Some said sh*t liken they been passionate n sh*t bit only massaging for 2 years. Or the other one that didn't tknow how to give. A Swedish massage, said she'd look it up and didn't

1 month ago '05        #18
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said
Are you sure they are real masseuse like that? Some said sh*t liken they been passionate n sh*t bit only massaging for 2 years. Or the other one that didn't tknow how to give. A Swedish massage, said she'd look it up and didn't
Yes, apparently these were real masseuses, not prostitutes.

1 month ago '18        #19
 Soprano ATL said
Which accuser made this claim? Or their lawyers? Who did?
@ don’t go MIA either, I need an answer homes!!! fu*k boy don’t run

Last edited by SFamilyRep; 04-10-2021 at 10:01 AM..
+8   

1 month ago '04        #20
slimboyballer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29365 29 K  Slaps total: 6154 6 K
That sh*t is a money grab....The chicks are trying to get quadruple their salary lmao that's a money grab...majority of the chicks didn't come out until the lawyer ask if they wanted to be in on the lawsuit for money..thats a money grab....the lawyer cool with the Texans owners...sabotage and money grab!
+12   

1 month ago '07        #21
Bkjj11  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x62
Props total: 153553 153 K  Slaps total: 25708 25 K
Damn Aaron Wilson is a plug. Thats crazy. He'll bounce back

1 month ago '08        #22
SlickJ101 
Props total: 15372 15 K  Slaps total: 3714 3 K
This dude sounds dumb af

He calls it a money grab right out of the gate then tries to immediately backtrack

1 month ago '05        #23
 SFamilyRep said
Which accuser made this claim? Or their lawyers? Who did?
@ don’t go MIA either, I need an answer homes!!! fu*k boy don’t run

A handful of them? Google is your friend.

She used the oversize towel to drape him until about 45 minutes into the session, when she says he tossed the towel onto the floor, saying it was too itchy. Watson was lying face up on the table, nekkid and totally uncovered, something Mary says has never happened during any of her other massage appointments.

“I was in shock,” Mary says. She proceeded with the massage without the towel, knowing that her payment was coming from another therapist. “I trusted the therapist that referred him to me that nothing weird was going to happen.”

After 90 minutes, Watson asked to extend the session for another hour. She continued to work only on his quads, inner thighs and abdomen—the specific areas he requested. Watson developed an erection, she says, and also began clenching and slowly “thrusting the air.” Mary at first wondered whether his movements were a pain response to her deep-tissue work, so she asked whether he was O.K. She says he replied that he was fine and stopped thrusting for a short time.

Full article

1 month ago '18        #24
 Soprano ATL said
A handful of them? Google is your friend.

She used the oversize towel to drape him until about 45 minutes into the session, when she says he tossed the towel onto the floor, saying it was too itchy. Watson was lying face up on the table, nekkid and totally uncovered, something Mary says has never happened during any of her other massage appointments.

“I was in shock,” Mary says. She proceeded with the massage without the towel, knowing that her payment was coming from another therapist. “I trusted the therapist that referred him to me that nothing weird was going to happen.”

After 90 minutes, Watson asked to extend the session for another hour. She continued to work only on his quads, inner thighs and abdomen—the specific areas he requested. Watson developed an erection, she says, and also began clenching and slowly “thrusting the air.” Mary at first wondered whether his movements were a pain response to her deep-tissue work, so she asked whether he was O.K. She says he replied that he was fine and stopped thrusting for a short time.

Full article
My n*gga you really believe this sh*t????
+2   

1 month ago '14        #25
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 18054 18 K  Slaps total: 11163 11 K
Regardless of if Watson did something wrong why would anyone need 9ver 40 masseuses???
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+32online now  55
May 10 - Magnet Sticks To Spot Where Woman Got Vaccinated, Others See Antennae..
204 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+67online now  32
Video inside Would you pay for it? Tijuana prices
275 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside Pooh Shiesty on IG Live responds to screenshot of him with tr@nny