Apr 10 - America may be close to hitting a vaccine wall, Many are skipping 2nd shot

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
70 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '07        #1
2456 page views
76 comments

yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x45
Props total: 76247 76 K  Slaps total: 7983 7 K
Apr 10 - America may be close to hitting a vaccine wall, Many are skipping 2nd shot

There are growing signs that parts of the country may be close to meeting demand for the coronavirus vaccine — well before the U.S. has reached herd immunity.

Why it matters: For the last few months, the primary focus of the U.S. has been getting shots to everyone who wants them, as quickly as possible. Soon, that focus will abruptly shift to convincing holdouts to get vaccinated.

State of play: Red states in the South are administering the lowest portion of the vaccine doses that they receive from the federal government — a sign of low demand, slow public health systems, or both.

The most vaccine-reluctant Americans are white Republicans, polling has found.

By the numbers: On average, states have administered 76% of the doses they've received from the federal government. New Hampshire has administered the largest share of all states, at 89.8%, while Alabama has administered the smallest — only 61.4% of its doses.

Driving the news: An analysis released by Surgo Ventures yesterday concluded that "the supply-demand shift for the vaccine will happen earlier than expected — as early as the end of April — and before the nation reaches the 70-90% threshold for achieving herd immunity."

It released a survey finding that 59% of U.S. adults say they're either already vaccinated, or plan to be as soon as the shot is made available to them.

At the current U.S. vaccination rate, all of those vaccine-enthusiastic adults could be inoculated by the end of April.

Vaccination rates will then slow, and Surgo's projections show that only around 52% of Americans will be vaccinated by July.

When combined with people who have already been infected, the immunity rate overall may be around 65% by then — still not high enough for herd immunity.

What they're saying: “This analysis shows that despite the general vaccine enthusiasm we are seeing now in the United States, things are going to get really difficult really soon,” said Sema Sgaier, Surgo's CEO.

“Without significant investment in addressing people’s barriers and making vaccines available to those below 18, reaching herd immunity will be a real challenge.”

A separate survey of rural Americans, released by KFF this morning, found that while they're more likely to have already been vaccinated than urban and suburban Americans, there are fewer remaining rural residents who are eager to get their shots.

39% have already gotten at least one dose of the vaccine, 16% say they'll get it as soon as possible, and 15% said they want to "wait and see."

Another 9% said they'll only get vaccinated if required, and 21% said they definitely won't.

In suburban areas, a combined 21% said they were vaccine resistant, and only a combined 16% of urban residents said the same.

Among rural residents who said they definitely won't get vaccinated, almost three-quarters were Republicans or Republican-leaning, and 41% were white Evangelical Christians.

The bottom line: Rural, Republican-heavy states are likely blowing through their vaccine-eager populations.

NEW YORK - The United States is now averaging more than 3 million vaccine shots every day.

Even as the program is accelerating, new cases are stubbornly still on the rise.

Side effects coming with the second dose of the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines have increased so-called vaccine hesitancy.

Some people are even hoping to get away with just one shot. But the National Institutes of Health is warning against stopping at one dose.

"When you just leave it at one dose, the question is, how long does it last?" Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of NIAID, said. "And when you're dealing with variants, you're in a tenuous zone."

Dr. Paul Offit, the director of the vaccine education center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, urges people to get both shots despite the side effects a*sociated with the second dose.

"Although it's true the second dose can cause fatigue and fever and headache and muscle ache, it is a small price to pay to be protected against this disease for a more durable or longer length period of time," Offit said.

He said that the overwhelming scientific evidence shows that both doses offer the best protection against COVID-19.

"Vaccines are the only way out of this pandemic and we are not going to get out of this pandemic unless we have at least 80% population immunity," Offit said. "You owe it to yourself and everyone you come in contact with to get this vaccine."

Dr. Shereef Elnahal, the CEO of University Hospital in Newark, New Jersey, also urges people not to be afraid of the mild side effects involving the second dose.

"You are seeing rising cases across the country now but very notably in New York City and in New Jersey because folks are more relaxed with restrictions and also because we have a largely unvaccinated population — only a little over 20%," Elnahal said. "So all of that increases risk to you and to your loved ones."

The race to vaccinate a majority of Americans is intensifying with the rise of new variants.

Health officials are warning that the U.S. is on the threshold of the fourth surge of this deadly virus.
+5   

best
worst
76 comments

1 month ago '20        #2
SweezyDeuce 
Props total: 9387 9 K  Slaps total: 2344 2 K
To think we are stuck because dumbass freedumbs loving racist put Donald fake it till you make it trump on the highest pedestal known to mankind

American president

Crazy af

Retards.
+25   

1 month ago '08        #3
Tredhead 
Props total: 110 110  Slaps total: 12 12
Q told em don’t wear masks
+1   

1 month ago '11        #4
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 150882 150 K  Slaps total: 21225 21 K
freedom of choice

got my 1st shot and can't wait until my 2nd

Last edited by Sin; 04-10-2021 at 11:15 AM..
+8   

1 month ago '04        #5
rikedizzle 
Props total: 1643 1 K  Slaps total: 390 390
Why would you only get one
+23   

1 month ago '15        #6
gemini8686  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 27732 27 K  Slaps total: 7520 7 K
Today marks week 2 of my second shot. I’m fully vaccinated
+18   

1 month ago '05        #7
bi0  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 24905 24 K  Slaps total: 2272 2 K
Getting the J&J and going to NY and Columbia later this yr.
+4   

1 month ago '05        #8
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 33199 33 K  Slaps total: 9423 9 K
 SweezyDeuce said
To think we are stuck because dumbass freedumbs loving racist put Donald fake it till you make it trump on the highest pedestal known to mankind

American president

Crazy af

Retards.
Here goes another BX Covid 19 Vaccine Christian Ministry member forcing your belief and practices on others. If others don't have faith in the medical system and don't have as much belief in the "vaccine" as you do, then leave them be. Stop forcing your way of belief on others. If you believe in the "vaccine" and got it, then good for you. Leave other individuals alone and respect their decision.

Last edited by 4REAL; 04-10-2021 at 10:34 AM..
+13   

1 month ago '09        #9
jasperfect 
Props total: 3083 3 K  Slaps total: 491 491
This actually crossed my mind this morning. How many people don't care enough to get the second Shot.

Biden needs to announce a timeline... "You have X months to get the vaccine and then everything is back open."

I got the vaccine this year and now they are talking about making it yearly. I'm never getting it again.
+5   

1 month ago '05        #10
Arceo 
Props total: 2231 2 K  Slaps total: 992 992
 SweezyDeuce said

American president

Crazy af

Retards.
Freedumbs?

You’re talking about yourself.

Trump put that EUA in place so they can get that Vax out to you sheep so you can feel safe.

Red state governors been opening and others have been ready to open.

They gotta make you sheep feel safe and now the sheep want others to be like them smh. By force.

1 month ago '06        #11
Storchaveli  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 20894 20 K  Slaps total: 4379 4 K
 gemini8686 said
Today marks week 2 of my second shot. I’m fully vaccinated
I’ve been fully vaccinated since late March.

#ScienceOverTinfoil

+15   

1 month ago '10        #12
lltreyll 
Props total: 3509 3 K  Slaps total: 1088 1 K
It doesn't matter if it's the 2020's...other serious pandemics in history lasted at least a couple years, and there were sometimes outbreaks again years later....Meanwhile it hasnt even been 2 years since covid started spreading internationally. So it's going to be at least 1 more year until there is enough antibodies around the world.
+5   

1 month ago '19        #13
Anomic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 69355 69 K  Slaps total: 10720 10 K
Only getting 1 shot is worse than getting none
+9   

1 month ago '10        #14
marribarri 
Props total: 13 13  Slaps total: 0 0
Getting my second dose today.

+7   

1 month ago '16        #15
Fastrap87  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 4505 4 K  Slaps total: 1343 1 K
Georgia becomes third state to shut down Johnson & Johnson vaccine site after adverse reactions

+13   

1 month ago '15        #16
Narri123 
Props total: 289 289  Slaps total: 21 21
Got the J&J on Thursdsy, still here (alive) but felt death past through me last night. Got hella goosebumps and sh*t, I might just be cold or someone or something close to me died.
+5   

1 month ago '15        #17
Still Numskull 
Props total: 19629 19 K  Slaps total: 5251 5 K
Either you are for getting the vaccine or arent.

But why only get one shot if you are going to do it?
+6   

1 month ago '04        #18
skillahmang 
Props total: 45483 45 K  Slaps total: 9706 9 K
Very american to get one and not the other

fu*kin idiots
+4   

1 month ago '17        #19
SupremeBeing5  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14430 14 K  Slaps total: 4386 4 K
Lmaoo at all the sheep getting vaccinated for no reason.

1 month ago '19        #20
Number5  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 12528 12 K  Slaps total: 6018 6 K
 Still Numskull said
Either you are for getting the vaccine or arent.

But why only get one shot if you are going to do it?
People change their minds all the time, especially if they only did something bcuz of social pressure.

1 month ago '17        #21
1Oh 
Props total: 34183 34 K  Slaps total: 1453 1 K
You gotta hold Americans hand though this sh*t. We wouldn’t have these problems if there wasn’t so much mixed messaging & lack of leadership at the very beginning of this crisis.
+10   

1 month ago '16        #22
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 72145 72 K  Slaps total: 9815 9 K
Got my J&J yesterday. My arm is hella sore where I got stuck but I'm ready to get active this summer. Hoes better watch out I've been cooped up crazy. If white Republicans want to keep dying of preventable illness who am I to stand between them and their freedumbs?

1 month ago '05        #23
lamarowns 
Props total: 7910 7 K  Slaps total: 1798 1 K
I figured it was mainly white republicans not wanting the vaccine, lmao I swear most of the black ppl I know have already been vaccinated... good wholesome college educated bidens*xuals lmao

1 month ago '12        #24
Gramz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x42
Props total: 75947 75 K  Slaps total: 3904 3 K
 Storchaveli said
I’ve been fully vaccinated since late March.

#ScienceOverTinfoil

#ScienceOverTinfoil

+7   

1 month ago '12        #25
Di Warlord 
Props total: 24517 24 K  Slaps total: 1400 1 K
fu*k is the point of only getting one shot?

only in America I swear
+5   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+29online now  32
Video inside May 15 - ISRAEL BEGINS DEPORTING BLACK AMERICAN HEBREWS
226 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-24online now  25