Interactive Chart of Bible Contradictions

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

4 weeks ago '16        #1
7888 page views
164 comments

00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 37771 37 K  Slaps total: 4187 4 K
Interactive Chart of Bible Contradictions

Nearly a decade ago, a computer programmer used data from the Skeptics Annotated Bible and available information about Bible verses that cross-referenced the same topics to create a visual masterpiece called BibViz (Bible Visualization). The site allowed visitors to hover over different arcs to discover biblical contradictions.

Unfortunately, the site atrophied over the years — the old URL now redirects to one with a lot of broken links — but the source code was always available online under a Creative Commons license… and now an enterprising atheist named Randy has resurrected the graphics and fixed the broken parts at LyingForJesus.org.
visit this link http://www.lyingforjesus. .. ontradictions/

Show your fundamentalist friends and watch them squirm. There’s just no plausible way anyone can take the Bible literally after going through all these unless they’re closing their eyes, sticking their fingers in their ears, and refusing to think about any of the errors in their worldview. Some items can be rationalized, but not all of them.

The site also shows you where in the Bible you’ll find all the biblical passages featuring Cruelty & Violence, Discrimination against Homos*xuals, Scientific Absurdities & Historical Inaccuracies, or (below) Misogyny/Violence/Discrimination against Women. You can also scroll all the way down to see a list of every contradiction in the supposedly infallible Holy Book.

visit this link https://friendlyatheist.p .. ontradictions/
+29   

best
worst
164 comments

4 weeks ago '07        #2
A-L-P 
Props total: 7250 7 K  Slaps total: 819 819
You should post this in the knowledge section. It would garner a great discussion
+25   

4 weeks ago '21        #3
kingjojo93  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 1194 1 K  Slaps total: 475 475
i been studying ancient history every day for 2 years now... ever since i did 6 grams mushrooms and seen spirits for myself i had to study this type of stuff to make sense of it all.

(i dont mean i perceived a slight energy or felt something, i actually seen them. demons, spirits, entities, gods and godesses, whatever you wanna call this phenomenon. i seen very vivdly they have faces, they wear clothes, they have mannerisms, they are beings of their own just like us, they are realer than real... think we only use 10% of our brain so we're missing the other 90% of data that's being filtered out by our 5 senses to keep us best suited for survival sight sound smell hearing etc but when u do shrooms or DMT you slip out of that ego survival state and return to your true spirit, the real truth becomes clear to you, the angels and demons appear to you)

bible = over 100 different books of very very ancient age & origin that is unknown. literally a ton of different artifacts that have been found throughout history and are still being dug up and decoded. gospel of thomas, genesis, vecitus, corrinthians, hymns, book of job, samuel, enoch, ezekial, jeremiah, tobias, psalms of solomon, philemon, book of revelations ....all this sh*t is like ancient treasure indiana jones type sh*t

it could be 10,000 years old could be 50,000 years old+. scientists take it serious because it synchronizes with world history events(the people in the bible are real people who existed...), also its so fu*king old it speaks in parables , since its so old they didnt have a concrete coherent language system like we do now. books and writing was cutting edge technology at the time...the bible is actually a masterpiece in that regard and it stands the test of time and is probably eternal and universal to the human mystery...

the human collective in general speaks in archetypal patterns that express itself over and over, repeatingly through human stories. (the flood myth, the creation myth, the saviour myth etc have been foretold in cultures over and over) anyone who doesnt dilligently respect this ancient book of wisdom is pretty much the dog sh*t filth of this planet and needs to be elbowed in the face

a key to understanding the bible it to understand the dark side of god and his wrath imo god aint as nice as people think he is, but yeah jesus(even though he wasnt a white man) was the greatest saviour in history he evolved us beyond comprehension , if jesus never existed we would still be pre-historic tribes running in the jungle chopping eachotheres heads off but the eternal symbol of christs sacrifce prevails, it exists and is a key part of evolving every living human, its a symbol that represents our true self, even the cross alone has power to it and for that i respect god's son for being the greatest king this earth has ever known
+48   

4 weeks ago '11        #4
GravityEraser52 
Props total: 7847 7 K  Slaps total: 1152 1 K

+30   

4 weeks ago '08        #5
SlickJ101 
Props total: 15335 15 K  Slaps total: 3708 3 K
Can graph the info however you want and bible people will still choose to ignore it
+42   

4 weeks ago '13        #6
SimpinAintEz 
Props total: 43027 43 K  Slaps total: 8862 8 K
 kingjojo93 said
i been studying ancient history every day for 2 years now... ever since i did 6 grams mushrooms and seen spirits for myself i had to study this type of stuff to make sense of it all.

(i dont mean i perceived a slight energy or felt something, i actually seen them. demons, spirits, entities, gods and godesses, whatever you wanna call this phenomenon. i seen very vivdly they have faces, they wear clothes, they have mannerisms, they are beings of their own just like us, they are realer than real... think we only use 10% of our brain so we're missing the other 90% of data that's being filtered out by our 5 senses to keep us best suited for survival sight sound smell hearing etc but when u do shrooms or DMT you slip out of that ego survival state and return to your true spirit, the real truth becomes clear to you, the angels and demons appear to you)

bible = over 100 different books of very very ancient age & origin that is unknown. literally a ton of different artifacts that have been found throughout history and are still being dug up and decoded. gospel of thomas, genesis, vecitus, corrinthians, hymns, book of job, samuel, enoch, ezekial, jeremiah, tobias, psalms of solomon, philemon, book of revelations ....all this sh*t is like ancient treasure indiana jones type sh*t

it could be 10,000 years old could be 50,000 years old+. scientists take it serious because it synchronizes with world history events(the people in the bible are real people who existed...), also its so fu*king old it speaks in parables , since its so old they didnt have a concrete coherent language system like we do now. books and writing was cutting edge technology at the time...the bible is actually a masterpiece in that regard and it stands the test of time and is probably eternal and universal to the human mystery...

the human collective in general speaks in archetypal patterns that express itself over and over, repeatingly through human stories. (the flood myth, the creation myth, the saviour myth etc have been foretold in cultures over and over) anyone who doesnt dilligently respect this ancient book of wisdom is pretty much the dog sh*t filth of this planet and needs to be elbowed in the face

a key to understanding the bible it to understand the dark side of god and his wrath imo god aint as nice as people think he is, but yeah jesus(even though he wasnt a white man) was the greatest saviour in history he evolved us beyond comprehension , if jesus never existed we would still be pre-historic tribes running in the jungle chopping eachotheres heads off but the eternal symbol of christs sacrifce prevails, it exists and is a key part of evolving every living human, its a symbol that represents our true self, even the cross alone has power to it and for that i respect god's son for being the greatest king this earth has ever known
Lay off the powerful hallucinogens.
+48   

4 weeks ago '05        #7
kriskross00  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 95719 95 K  Slaps total: 10688 10 K
 SlickJ101 said
Can graph the info however you want and bible people will still choose to ignore it
"You see...GOD gave us free will for it to be that way!"
+25   

4 weeks ago '07        #8
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28635 28 K  Slaps total: 13659 13 K
 kingjojo93 said

Real people? None of those people that interacted in the Bible are real. Not one. They may make mention of men that existed but its only a couple and it wasn't during the time it was written.

4 weeks ago '19        #9
Airtight 
Props total: 11057 11 K  Slaps total: 1375 1 K
I mean...duh. If you look at the Bible as a mythology book none of it is very convincing. You gotta have adults tell you from childhood it's all 100% real to even have a chance at believing any of this stupid sh*t.

It would also help if people actually read the Bible cover to cover. Then you'd be slogging through sections about incest and sheep fu*kin' sheep and think to yourself yo wtf is this nonsense.

Not to mention they stole the entire Christ story from a way better mythology, Osiris and the Egyptians which predated their little carpenter story by thousands of years.

If you believe this sh*t it's because you want to, not because there's logic involved.
+39   

4 weeks ago '08        #10
SlickJ101 
 kriskross00 said
"You see...GOD gave us free will for it to be that way!"
I personally enjoy how he made his rules for us and then made our impulses the opposite of those rules. Funny guy that jesus.
+11   

4 weeks ago '05        #11
Truth33 
Props total: 2745 2 K  Slaps total: 1711 1 K
 kingjojo93 said

We use 100% of our brain...that 10% thing is a myth

Sorry, random to point out but whenever I hear that it irrationally bothers me.
+32   

4 weeks ago '16        #12
Forza Nocta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 15257 15 K  Slaps total: 2792 2 K
 SlickJ101 said
Can be as logical as possible however you want and women will still choose to ignore it
+6   

4 weeks ago '20        #13
garrywithtwors 
Props total: 10076 10 K  Slaps total: 871 871
 SimpinAintEz said
Lay off the powerful hallucinogens.
My n*gga took HALLUCINOGENS and really thought everything he saw was REAL. n*gga hallucinate is in the damn name

+14   

4 weeks ago '16        #14
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 64917 64 K  Slaps total: 3948 3 K
 Airtight said
I mean...duh. If you look at the Bible as a mythology book none of it is very convincing. You gotta have adults tell you from childhood it's all 100% real to even have a chance at believing any of this stupid sh*t.

It would also help if people actually read the Bible cover to cover. Then you'd be slogging through sections about incest and sheep fu*kin' sheep and think to yourself yo wtf is this nonsense.

Not to mention they stole the entire Christ story from a way better mythology, Osiris and the Egyptians which predated their little carpenter story by thousands of years.

If you believe this sh*t it's because you want to, not because there's logic involved.
That last part though..

It's a scary proposition to consider for most people, that we're each separately rather insignificant. Most of us will be completely forgotten or nothing more than a passing memory within a decade of our death, and that when the lights go out that's it.
+4   

4 weeks ago '05        #15
hbk83 
Props total: 17085 17 K  Slaps total: 3903 3 K
Why do people compare what’s fair and allowed today vs thousands of years ago? The Bible was written over hundreds or allegedly thousands of years of course there’s contradictions and hypocrisy.
Imagine people taking what you said 20 years ago and calling you out on what you said today lol
+6   

4 weeks ago '20        #16
garrywithtwors 
Props total: 10076 10 K  Slaps total: 871 871
 Airtight said

Fam don't even go cover to cover. Just read the first two or three books it's enough incest for a lifetime. n*ggas dead a*s go to they sons like "Yo I want you to travel 100 miles on camelback to my brother's village and tell him I said you should have his daughter". And it went like that every time. Like bruh that's yo first cousin.

And let's not even get started on marriage. I can't believe so many "christians" believe in this americanized ideology of what a marriage/relationship is. Sara was dead a*s lettin Abraham fu*k all the hoes and you ain't hear about no arguin and jealousy and bullsh*t. Marriage in and of itself had NO RITUAL. There was no rings. There was no ceremony. There wasn't none of that sh*t. You know what marriage was in the bible? They fu*ked and now they married. The end. I always ask these mufu*kas who believe in marriage where they got all they ideas from. And I laugh out loud when they say it's in the bible. Cause that's literally the only excuse they have unless it's for money/taxes. Like aight fam clearly you haven't read sh*t and you just went to a church where some preacher gone give you a bastardized version of what was said in this mufu*ka. Honestly though? The Bible would make one HELLUVA movie if they uncensored it. It would sh*t on GoT. Them n*ggas invented pillagin a village. They was choppin babies down too. And when you think about it? It's cruel af but genius cause you don't want any future generations gettin bitter and uprisin and takin over yo sh*t. I'm look right at Napoleon Bonaparte when I say this. Corsican a*s n*gga. His parents fought AGAINST the French when they were takin over the island. And look what he did to France when he got older. He ran that bi*ch. Now imagine if the French did what they were supposed to do and eliminate the entire lineage?

+14   

4 weeks ago '08        #17
SlickJ101 
 Forza Nocta said
We're talkin about bible people tho. There's a lotttt of dudes who fu*k w it.

4 weeks ago '16        #18
Forza Nocta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 15257 15 K  Slaps total: 2792 2 K
 hbk83 said
Why do people compare what’s fair and allowed today vs thousands of years ago? The Bible was written over hundreds or allegedly thousands of years of course there’s contradictions and hypocrisy.
Imagine people taking what you said 20 years ago and calling you out on what you said today lol
Apply this logic to topics such as racism and see how that works out for you.
+12   

4 weeks ago '17        #19
Props total: 19088 19 K  Slaps total: 5713 5 K
Oh boy

4 weeks ago '19        #20
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 21200 21 K  Slaps total: 2911 2 K
"I go to the bible for wisdom and scientists/experts for knowledge"

-Dennis Prager

Personally stopped taking pride in being more knowledgeable in facts than a 2000 year old book sometime during puberty though
+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #21
Ganja Man 
Props total: 64 64  Slaps total: 5 5
Bruh, study comparative religion and it’ll open your eyes to the notion that all of the organized religions through time have been parts of the same original truths, curated and co-opted by different individuals throughout history for specific reasons and catering to the cultural understandings of the time. Don’t take any of the them at literal face value and through study develop your own syncretic understandings and beliefs by focusing on the common threads and similarities pervasive in all religious and philosophical beliefs. Research this as well

+17   

4 weeks ago '19        #22
Airtight 
 Proveone said
That last part though..

It's a scary proposition to consider for most people, that we're each separately rather insignificant. Most of us will be completely forgotten or nothing more than a passing memory within a decade of our death, and that when the lights go out that's it.
I'll do you one better, at some point the sun is going to either explode or implode or whichever, which will destroy this planet and probably all of the rest. Our entire species, everyone species on earth, every war and peace that's ever happened will eventually end. Our lives are very tiny, very brief, and one should strive to enjoy what little we have while trying to leave a better future for the ones who come after us. People need religion or they'll have to face that alone and most of them can't do it.
+9   

4 weeks ago '19        #23
Airtight 
 garrywithtwors said
Fam don't even go cover to cover. Just read the first two or three books it's enough incest for a lifetime. n*ggas dead a*s go to they sons like "Yo I want you to travel 100 miles on camelback to my brother's village and tell him I said you should have his daughter". And it went like that every time. Like bruh that's yo first cousin.

And let's not even get started on marriage. I can't believe so many "christians" believe in this americanized ideology of what a marriage/relationship is. Sara was dead a*s lettin Abraham fu*k all the hoes and you ain't hear about no arguin and jealousy and bullsh*t. Marriage in and of itself had NO RITUAL. There was no rings. There was no ceremony. There wasn't none of that sh*t. You know what marriage was in the bible? They fu*ked and now they married. The end. I always ask these mufu*kas who believe in marriage where they got all they ideas from. And I laugh out loud when they say it's in the bible. Cause that's literally the only excuse they have unless it's for money/taxes. Like aight fam clearly you haven't read sh*t and you just went to a church where some preacher gone give you a bastardized version of what was said in this mufu*ka. Honestly though? The Bible would make one HELLUVA movie if they uncensored it. It would sh*t on GoT. Them n*ggas invented pillagin a village. They was choppin babies down too. And when you think about it? It's cruel af but genius cause you don't want any future generations gettin bitter and uprisin and takin over yo sh*t. I'm look right at Napoleon Bonaparte when I say this. Corsican a*s n*gga. His parents fought AGAINST the French when they were takin over the island. And look what he did to France when he got older. He ran that bi*ch. Now imagine if the French did what they were supposed to do and eliminate the entire lineage?

Absolutely tremendous post

+3   

4 weeks ago '15        #24
Lord Funkington 
Props total: 5738 5 K  Slaps total: 846 846
The best part is you'll probably never know at all
+3   

4 weeks ago '18        #25
TheLuminousOne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 29770 29 K  Slaps total: 1694 1 K
Quran is undisputed.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  15
Title f*ght: Canelo Alvarez vs. Billy Joe Saunders (5/8 8pm ET DAZN)
1093 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  9
Article inside Black Panther 2’s Synopsis Is Pretty Cryptic, But Michael B. Jordan H..
58 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+369online now  4
Boosie finally tweeted what needed to be said
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+111online now  4
This how you legally check in your gun at airport.. THE FULL PROCESS