Apr 9 - Body camera footage shows Windsor traffic stop

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+75  94
57 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '17        #1
4451 page views
116 comments

Zazi3 The Beast  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 19370 19 K  Slaps total: 5848 5 K
Apr 9 - Body camera footage shows Windsor traffic stop

Below is one of the body camera videos from the incident. Viewers should be advised there is foul language and content that might be graphic to some audiences:

In his lawsuit, the U.S. Army officer alleges two police officers escalated things during a traffic stop, pulled guns on him, then pepper-sprayed and hit him.

Two Windsor police officers are facing a civil lawsuit that alleges they acted aggressively towards a minority, uniformed Army officer during a traffic stop.

The lawsuit was filed Friday in the U.S. District Court for Eastern Virginia in Norfolk.

Documents from the lawsuit claim officers Joe Gutierrez and Daniel Crocker (the defendants) pulled over a newly-bought SUV for not having a rear license plate on December 5, 2020.

They approached with guns pointed at the car, gave opposing instructions to a uniformed soldier behind the wheel, and then pepper-sprayed him -- all while threatening him with different charges and levels of violence for noncompliance.

“I can think of absolutely no reason under the sun as to why those officers should have exited their vehicles with their firearms trained on my client or any other,” explained lawyer Jonathan Arthur.

Arthur is U.S. Army Second Lieutenant Caron Nazario's lawyer. He told 13News Now the lawsuit was filed because Nazario’s constitutional rights were violated.

“Everyone has heard, I believe, in the doctrine of qualified immunity that protects law enforcement if they don't violate clearly established laws," Arthur said. "In this case, we believe that both the United States Supreme Court, the Fourth Circuit, and the Virginia Supreme Court have all said that this type of behavior is completely inappropriate."

He said the plaintiff had calmly deferred to the officers' instructions starting from the moment the police lights started flashing.

"My client didn't do anything wrong," Arthur said.

There were recorded conversations where Officer Crocker tells dispatch that the driver is slowing down to pull over as requested, and Officer Gutierrez said based on training experience, the decision to pull over at a well-lit gas station meant the driver was probably a minority.

According to the documents, which reference police body camera footage, before the officers got to Nazario's car, they would have been able to see that he had a temporary license plate taped to his rear window.

Nazario's lawyer wrote that the plaintiff had calmly deferred to the officers' instructions starting from the moment the police lights started flashing.

Nazario says once he was out of the vehicle, after being sprayed, the officers struck him multiple times, handcuffed him, and interrogated him.

“There was no justification for that type of conduct or at least not under the law,” explained Arthur.

The documents say the officers ended up letting Nazario go after threatening to charge him with obstructing justice, eluding police, and a*saulting a law enforcement officer (with the intent of derailing Nazario's military career).

In the lawsuit's introduction, Nazario's lawyer wrote that this was a racially-based violation of justice. Court documents mention Nazario's heritage, which is Latinx and African-American.

"These cameras captured footage of behavior consistent with a disgusting nationwide trend of law enforcement officers, who, believing they can operate with complete impunity, engage in unprofessional, discourteous, racially-biased, dangerous, and sometimes deadly abuses of authority, (including issuing unreasonable comply-or-die commands), ignore the clearly established mandates of the Constitution of these United States and the state and local laws, and usurp the roles of legislator, judge, jury, and executioner; substituting the rule of law for their arbitrary and illegal conduct," the suit reads.

13News Now reached out to Windsor Police Department to see what law enforcement officials had to say about the lawsuit.

No one at the department had a comment.

visit this link https://www.google.com/am .. c-37620a9eb4ef

These dudes might as well find new jobs doing something less in life because they’re radioactive and police department with common sense should hire them

Last edited by Zazi3 The Beast; 04-09-2021 at 03:05 PM..
+33   

best
worst
116 comments

1 month ago '06        #2
imthatinfamous  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23108 23 K  Slaps total: 7258 7 K
He's about to be a rich U.S Army veteran

at the same time...fire them both
+57   

1 month ago '21        #3
Keithf87 
Props total: 3362 3 K  Slaps total: 197 197
Being black in America.

@6:26 Don't tread on me

Last edited by Keithf87; 04-09-2021 at 03:25 PM..
+17   

1 month ago '12        #4
Di Warlord 
Props total: 24517 24 K  Slaps total: 1400 1 K
first time I'm hearing about this incident

cops are bozos, they won't even wait until a n*gga is out of the uniform to do this sh*t but once again, goes to show that if your skin is a certain color or darker, the cops won't care about what uniform you're wearing

their us against them mentality is what gets them k*lled "in the line of duty", and they can't get that through their collectively thick skulls. How did they think that that would look, locking up a lieutenant in uniform in the active duty military

imagine if American police were like... ship captains or pilots. Every time they fu*ked up a ship sank or plane crashed. How fast would reform come if they were working in these two professions? but these clowns have the nerves to f*ght back at reform and say sh*t like "thin blue line" and "back the blue"

idk about ships but I know about the aviation industry. I'm doing a minor in aviation safety right now. Every time a major accident occurs, there's major changes to rules, regulations, procedures, and technology. But with policing, it's "it's an isolated incident" and "well, if he just complied" or my favorite "he was a petty thief and/or drug addict anyway"
+50   

1 month ago '06        #5
sunsetnVine 
Props total: 17934 17 K  Slaps total: 1743 1 K
Wow just wow
+6   

1 month ago '20        #6
MeNoSenYouNoCom  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 26217 26 K  Slaps total: 2680 2 K
+1   

1 month ago '07        #7
OVERLORD 
Props total: 17610 17 K  Slaps total: 5440 5 K
they are sad but....

why didn't he just comply? those cops could have murdered him.

if they didn't have body cam, he would have been on a t-shirt.

1 month ago '16        #8
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 69129 69 K  Slaps total: 7817 7 K
Put your life on the line for this country come back home and this how they treat u
+64   

1 month ago '06        #9
lato9905 
Props total: 7798 7 K  Slaps total: 1447 1 K
"Youre going to do as your told"

Mmmmm. That classic yt power line.

With that being said him being in the military I figured he would be better at listening to instructions.
+18   

1 month ago '16        #10
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 58720 58 K  Slaps total: 7241 7 K
This n*gga got a full uniform on bruh
+24   

1 month ago '07        #11
stogz 
Props total: 99970 99 K  Slaps total: 13271 13 K
Out here, you can basically flash your military i.d. and tell cops to fuk off.... and they know better than to try and pursue sh*t.
+7   

1 month ago '04        #12
bibbyboi 
Props total: 14080 14 K  Slaps total: 1783 1 K
US Army about to get those guys fired as fu*k. You don't treat a Lt. like that and not have everyone higher in his chain of command making calls to everyone they know to get those two fu*ked.
+41   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '04        #13
7twelve 
Props total: 30816 30 K  Slaps total: 7476 7 K
 Zazi3 The Beast said
Below is one of the body camera videos from the incident. Viewers should be advised there is foul language and content that might be graphic to some audiences:

In his lawsuit, the U.S. Army officer alleges two police officers escalated things during a traffic stop, pulled guns on him, then pepper-sprayed and hit him.

Two Windsor police officers are facing a civil lawsuit that alleges they acted aggressively towards a minority, uniformed Army officer during a traffic stop.

The lawsuit was filed Friday in the U.S. District Court for Eastern Virginia in Norfolk.

Documents from the lawsuit claim officers Joe Gutierrez and Daniel Crocker (the defendants) pulled over a newly-bought SUV for not having a rear license plate on December 5, 2020.

They approached with guns pointed at the car, gave opposing instructions to a uniformed soldier behind the wheel, and then pepper-sprayed him -- all while threatening him with different charges and levels of violence for noncompliance.

“I can think of absolutely no reason under the sun as to why those officers should have exited their vehicles with their firearms trained on my client or any other,” explained lawyer Jonathan Arthur.

Arthur is U.S. Army Second Lieutenant Caron Nazario's lawyer. He told 13News Now the lawsuit was filed because Nazario’s constitutional rights were violated.

“Everyone has heard, I believe, in the doctrine of qualified immunity that protects law enforcement if they don't violate clearly established laws," Arthur said. "In this case, we believe that both the United States Supreme Court, the Fourth Circuit, and the Virginia Supreme Court have all said that this type of behavior is completely inappropriate."

He said the plaintiff had calmly deferred to the officers' instructions starting from the moment the police lights started flashing.

"My client didn't do anything wrong," Arthur said.

There were recorded conversations where Officer Crocker tells dispatch that the driver is slowing down to pull over as requested, and Officer Gutierrez said based on training experience, the decision to pull over at a well-lit gas station meant the driver was probably a minority.

According to the documents, which reference police body camera footage, before the officers got to Nazario's car, they would have been able to see that he had a temporary license plate taped to his rear window.

Nazario's lawyer wrote that the plaintiff had calmly deferred to the officers' instructions starting from the moment the police lights started flashing.

Nazario says once he was out of the vehicle, after being sprayed, the officers struck him multiple times, handcuffed him, and interrogated him.

“There was no justification for that type of conduct or at least not under the law,” explained Arthur.

The documents say the officers ended up letting Nazario go after threatening to charge him with obstructing justice, eluding police, and a*saulting a law enforcement officer (with the intent of derailing Nazario's military career).

In the lawsuit's introduction, Nazario's lawyer wrote that this was a racially-based violation of justice. Court documents mention Nazario's heritage, which is Latinx and African-American.

"These cameras captured footage of behavior consistent with a disgusting nationwide trend of law enforcement officers, who, believing they can operate with complete impunity, engage in unprofessional, discourteous, racially-biased, dangerous, and sometimes deadly abuses of authority, (including issuing unreasonable comply-or-die commands), ignore the clearly established mandates of the Constitution of these United States and the state and local laws, and usurp the roles of legislator, judge, jury, and executioner; substituting the rule of law for their arbitrary and illegal conduct," the suit reads.

13News Now reached out to Windsor Police Department to see what law enforcement officials had to say about the lawsuit.

No one at the department had a comment.

These dudes might as well find new jobs doing something less in life because they’re radioactive and police department with common sense should hire them
why they approaching with guns out?if they scared why not approach with tasers?

just like they dont want us to be afraid of them, they shouldnt be afraid of us when they pull us over

these two cops are pathetic and i hate when the releases partial video.

these ppl who get a*saulted need to get a dream team like oj had. im sure theres some A1 money hungry lawyers who can eat the case.

daffysm said
there's some pretty important info missing...

they CHASED the guy, or at least they thought they were chasing him (that's why the guns were out)
video must be edited then. but article did say the driver is probably a minority bc he is trying to pull into a well lit gas station. That says they on some bs

postemupndunkit said
This n*gga got a full uniform on bruh
but under that uni is skin that is not hwhite

Last edited by 7twelve; 04-09-2021 at 04:17 PM..
+5   

1 month ago '06        #14
Hit Em' Up 
Props total: 6797 6 K  Slaps total: 1064 1 K
Foreal? Not even a lieutenant in the military can catch a break? Cot dam America sucks
+17   

1 month ago '17        #15
Zazi3 The Beast  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7 OP
Props total: 19370 19 K  Slaps total: 5848 5 K
 bibbyboi said
US Army about to get those guys fired as fu*k. You don't treat a Lt. like that and not have everyone higher in his chain of command making calls to everyone they know to get those two fu*ked.
I know how it goes and those dudes just better resign and find a new career path and the one cop off to the side knew the guy using the peeper spray was fu*king up and instead of just saying something he became an accomplish to this sh*t show
+10   

1 month ago '17        #16
DavidTheMan 
Props total: 14985 14 K  Slaps total: 8962 8 K
Latinx, well best of luck to him.
+2   

1 month ago '07        #17
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x88
Props total: 217339 217 K  Slaps total: 19661 19 K
This town is about 45mins away from me. I NEVER drive through there...

+12   

1 month ago '17        #18
zackattack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 23749 23 K  Slaps total: 2024 2 K
Problem with cops like this is they feel like once they give an order, even if they subsequently find out it was for no reason, it should be followed.
+15   

1 month ago '16        #19
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 58720 58 K  Slaps total: 7241 7 K
 Zazi3 The Beast said
I know how it goes and those dudes just better resign and find a new career path and the one cop off to the side knew the guy using the peeper spray was fu*king up and instead of just saying something he became an accomplish to this sh*t show
LEOs are full of ex Military guys too so you know they done done
+7   

1 month ago '06        #20
daffysm 
Props total: 5475 5 K  Slaps total: 2906 2 K
there's some pretty important info missing...

they CHASED the guy, or at least they thought they were chasing him (that's why the guns were out)

in that situation, you don't sit in your car and demand to know why you are being stopped

but then the cops go lying about the situation

“""Realizing that they had acted illegally,” the lawsuit says, the officers told Nazario that if he “would chill and let this go,” they would release him without filing any charges. But if he fought it, which Gutierrez acknowledged he had the right to do, Nazario would be charged and would have “to go to court and notify his command.”

Afterwards, the two officers filed reports with “near identical” misstatements, the lawsuit says.

They reported that Nazario refused to show his hands and slapped theirs away when they tried to get him out. Gutierrez wrote that he gave knee strikes to Nazario’s legs because he wouldn’t get on the ground and resisted arrest.

Gutierrez wrote in his report that he felt he had two options: charge Nazario with obstruction, eluding, and a*saulting an officer, or release him without any charges."""

1 month ago '20        #21
Ball Man 
Props total: 3222 3 K  Slaps total: 175 175
Man fu*k these bacon bits with their guns and badges...these past few years have exposed their collective mind and thought process to the mainstream.

Real peopl already knew this ages ago... But a certain type of folk will never understand because they get the nice and understanding treatment from these kkkops.

Dorner saw how these pussies in blue operate and decided to exact justice.
+8   

1 month ago '10        #22
beast mode 
Props total: 5784 5 K  Slaps total: 3094 3 K
Cant speak to what lead to the stop but trying to argue with them boys and refusing to get out of the car while keeping them from opening the door is pretty fu*king stupid.
If you didnt do sh*t wrong then sue they a*s but you gonna do what they tell u in the moment by choice or by force
+6   

1 month ago '06        #23
daffysm 
 bibbyboi said
Army is gonna look at it and say...dude...you resisted at least 3 times....

he had a solid case until he held the door closed when the cop on the side tried to open the door

1 month ago '06        #24
daffysm 
 beast mode said
Cant speak to what lead to the stop but trying to argue with them boys and refusing to get out of the car while keeping them from opening the door is pretty fu*king stupid.
If you didnt do sh*t wrong then sue they a*s but you gonna do what they tell u in the moment by choice or by force
agreed

story says, brand new car, no license plate, cop tries to stop the car, guy doesnt stop, calls a chase and guy pulls into gas station
+1   

1 month ago '04        #25
Tic Toc 
Props total: 9713 9 K  Slaps total: 821 821
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

They see dark skin as the enemy...

don't matter what you're wearing, who you are, or where you've been..

When they see you...they see the equivalent of Hitler in WW2.....
+11   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+37online now  35
Video inside Hassan campbell almost had to turn someone tv off in bronx river
217 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  29
UFC 262: Oliveira vs. Chandler
711 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+31online now  22
Video inside May 15 - ISRAEL BEGINS DEPORTING BLACK AMERICAN HEBREWS
241 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+163online now  15
Kyrie: "I can't concentrate on Basketball" - Talks Palestinian Oppression..
268 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy