Another Kendrick or Cole won't blow up because the game never truly wanted that

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
33 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 weeks ago '20        #1
1156 page views
29 comments

Laron Isley  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 4479 4 K  Slaps total: 2354 2 K
Another Kendrick or Cole won't blow up because the game never truly wanted that

The game never really wanted a conscious rapper kicking deep lyrics. Just so happens Drake was dominating almost all areas and that was the one area he lacked in. So he left a small crack for somebody like cole or kendrick to sneak into, no homo. That was damn near 10 years ago and another rapper like that hasnt reached that level again because that's not what the game desires.

You got rappers like Joey Badass and Cordae who can deliver skill wise but they won't move that many units. The game wants street n*ggas and k*llers who make songs for bi*ches from time to time. It's very similar to Biden winning because of everything Trump lacked. In another scenario America would never desire a n*gga like Biden
+15   

best
worst
29 comments

2 weeks ago '05        #2
A~team 
Props total: 12252 12 K  Slaps total: 2324 2 K
I see what you saying.

That sh*t died just as soon as it started bubbling

Then if you noticed chicago culture got HUUGGE out of no where( keef) . Trapping and hoodlife became more prominent than its ever been in the game. I feel like social media helped push these new musical loop holes. Even if you faking the sh*t you can still make it sh*t is too lucarative from the outside looking in. Conscious rappers just need a solid platform where like minded musicans can link up an build sh*t that can make all this trap rap look foolish, dont get me wrong i ride around blasting my fair share of fu*k sh*t but i know what to take it as.
+9   

2 weeks ago '20        #3
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28546 28 K  Slaps total: 2217 2 K

2 weeks ago '20        #4
Laron Isley  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7 OP
Props total: 4479 4 K  Slaps total: 2354 2 K
 A~team said
I see what you saying.

Then if you noticed chicago culture got HUUGGE out of no where( keef) . Trapping and hoodlife became more prominent than its ever been in the game. I feel like social media helped push these new musical loop holes. Even if you faking the sh*t you can still make it sh*t is too lucarative from the outside looking in. Conscious rappers just need a solid platform where like minded musicans can link up an build sh*t that can make all this trap rap look foolish, dont get me wrong i ride around blasting my fair share of fu*k sh*t but i know what to take it as.
You're right about them needing a solid platform. Another thing is that street rappers are on IG live every night interacting with the fans and giving content to all the hip hop platforms. Conscious rappers are usually introverts and don't show their face until they have some music dropping. Cole and Kendrick don't pop up until they have music dropping so in their absence they leave the game wide open for another type of energy to dominate. If they were always present like street rappers I feel like they would set the tone for somebody like Cordae or Joey to rise a little higher. In a way I feel like they're wasting their position
+8   

2 weeks ago '20        #5
bankk  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 4165 4 K  Slaps total: 7806 7 K
Of course they never truly wanted that they wanted other sh*t man

2 weeks ago '04        #6
Cali 
Props total: 1516 1 K  Slaps total: 165 165
It’s not what the culture wants. It’s what the artist wants.
Jayz swam with sharks and entered rooms with vultures.
He emerged unscathed
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #7
Hellmatic 
Props total: 40042 40 K  Slaps total: 4190 4 K
Edit: op may be right

Last edited by Hellmatic; 04-08-2021 at 11:22 AM..

2 weeks ago '15        #8
JRob1125 
Props total: 21020 21 K  Slaps total: 2089 2 K
If by "the game" you mean "the industry" then I agree. They loved selling negative imagine of black people
+8   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #9
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 59606 59 K  Slaps total: 15919 15 K
As time goes, the attention span shortens. Hence why songs are only 1 minute long now. And the verses be so half written with a lot of pauses

Remember the days of 5 minutes songs with 3 verses, a hook and a bridge?

REAL rappers can say what they have to in that short amount of time. Look at Eminem still making full songs. The new era has no time for it. and in the days of Lean, pills and other drugs being the cool thing to these kids, the last thing they wanna do is think and understand for 5 minutes
+3   

2 weeks ago '20        #10
Its Dark At 9  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 13042 13 K  Slaps total: 1652 1 K
even though I think there may be some reaching (in terms of another Cole + K.Dot), O/P articulated his points well especially since the Drake era began.

There will def be another of the mold that's gonna be in that lane. Get Grammy nods/wins and have some next level music.

And when it does happen, watch somebody on Boxden start making threads about it Trust, its finna happen. Can't have Lil Nas X throwing that bussy forever.
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #11
ahHLeckzz 
Props total: 1258 1 K  Slaps total: 95 95
Idk about that. J.Cole and Kendrick make music that’s conscious but also has replay value. Some people have been close but it’s a fine line that they walk, because some do it and see it working and try to produce the same formula again and again resulting in a gimmick. Logic was dope until he fell into that suicide song that blew up. He tried to repeat the moment again but it aint feel genuine. Cole and Kendrick are anomalies; who leverage their relationships wisely. Could have been Lupe but he rubbed people the wrong way. Chance was close but the music quality went downhill after Acidrap.

I don’t know, just my opinion
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #12
Pythagoras 
Props total: 34541 34 K  Slaps total: 7408 7 K
The game? Bruh it's all about the consumer. Jay been told y'all he could sound like Common but wanted to sell records. What don't yall understand about that?

Ppl like simple sh*t. Ppl like ignorant sh*t.

Desperate housewives is a mega hit, keeping up with the kardashians, popcorn blockbuster movies make billions while most well thought out auteur films barely move the needle. Music is no different.

Last edited by Pythagoras; 04-08-2021 at 12:27 PM..
+5   

2 weeks ago '06        #13
Bilal  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 142387 142 K  Slaps total: 14891 14 K
Of course listen to any rapper that wanted to shoot real sh*t they ask got the same story the label says she that's cool but uhhh do something about shaking a*s and k*lling.

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '19        #14
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 57168 57 K  Slaps total: 11236 11 K
Kendrick and cole would be backpack rappers in the 90s
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #15
darealvelle 
Props total: 16647 16 K  Slaps total: 769 769
J Cole is considered a conscious rapper now? Times have surely changed for sure in hiphop.

2 weeks ago '20        #16
Easy Doesit 
Props total: 9060 9 K  Slaps total: 2005 2 K
I don't really believe people only want negativity.. I think that the major labels push this onto the people

Theres no balance in music anymore, all you get is the street aspect. In the 90s there was consciousness on a high level, but what would they get by signing artists who speak positive? Same reason healthy food is more expensive than junk.

I knew it was over once R&B music faded away. Now they just remake songs from the 2000s and call it R&B
+6   

2 weeks ago '20        #17
Easy Doesit 
Props total: 9060 9 K  Slaps total: 2005 2 K
Is it our fault for not controlling OUR music?

2 weeks ago '11        #18
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 55727 55 K  Slaps total: 10511 10 K
 Easy Doesit said
Is it our fault for not controlling OUR music?
easy said than done

hip hop/rap is out of our control

them people see what works and they make billions off it while the artist below get pennies and think they rich

but Cole and Kendrick gonna eat regardless but they have to come with the dumb down single so they label can eat before they do

i put it this way put the medicine in the candy rap gonna make a raise

2 weeks ago '17        #19
YAYO101 
Props total: 26911 26 K  Slaps total: 1565 1 K
Yeah its gonna be almost impossible for a young Lyricist to blow going forward because sh*t is so dumb down

Still a huge Audience for Real Hip Hop it is just that once you sign to a Major Label their goal is for that artist to go "Main Stream" so then all of a sudden they got you dressing weird and doing Collab's with some trash a*s artist who just so happen to have a big Social Media Following
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #20
A~team 
Props total: 12252 12 K  Slaps total: 2324 2 K
 Laron Isley said
You're right about them needing a solid platform. Another thing is that street rappers are on IG live every night interacting with the fans and giving content to all the hip hop platforms. Conscious rappers are usually introverts and don't show their face until they have some music dropping. Cole and Kendrick don't pop up until they have music dropping so in their absence they leave the game wide open for another type of energy to dominate. If they were always present like street rappers I feel like they would set the tone for somebody like Cordae or Joey to rise a little higher. In a way I feel like they're wasting their position
Damn, you put it in perspective conscious dudes are usually introverts( not to the extreme) and if they are friendly they come off as corny imo. Imo we still waiting for that one artist to be conscious and relevant in present times, but the odds is stacked against brothers that wanna go in that lane. These kids is like zombies when it come to this street sh*t, they look at that lane and say "i aint gettin no bi*ches off this sh*t" lmao

+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #21
A Cold Game 
Props total: 15813 15 K  Slaps total: 2225 2 K
If A young lyricist can make swimming pools, or work out... they’ll blow up just the same

2 weeks ago '19        #22
ym7171yea  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 9786 9 K  Slaps total: 1795 1 K
neither one of them is that conscious or deep. they're just not truly memorable lyrically so people read into them to try and justify liking them so much.

2 weeks ago '05        #23
HARBINGER 
Props total: 23222 23 K  Slaps total: 7848 7 K
 Laron Isley said
The game never really wanted a conscious rapper kicking deep lyrics. Just so happens Drake was dominating almost all areas and that was the one area he lacked in. So he left a small crack for somebody like cole or kendrick to sneak into, no homo. That was damn near 10 years ago and another rapper like that hasnt reached that level again because that's not what the game desires.

You got rappers like Joey Badass and Cordae who can deliver skill wise but they won't move that many units. The game wants street n*ggas and k*llers who make songs for bi*ches from time to time. It's very similar to Biden winning because of everything Trump lacked. In another scenario America would never desire a n*gga like Biden
there are joint runns. Nelly for example.

that said. kendrick is transcendent. Drake is no where near his level. Stop it son

2 weeks ago '04        #24
KingsmenXV 
Props total: 445 445  Slaps total: 10 10
 A~team said
I see what you saying.

Agree completely. Match that with the clash of the Vine-Worldstar-YouTube culture all at once. Doomed

2 weeks ago '19        #25
shanyassin 
Props total: 1948 1 K  Slaps total: 142 142
People will fu*k with it if you’ve got pop sensibilities and you ain’t extra with the hippity hoppity or woke sh*t

Like Kendrick got on with Swimming pools and bi*ch don’t k*ll my vibe and J Cole has the Kanye /Jay type flow... every now and then we’ll get one

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+46online now  32
Video inside Apr 20 - 2 Hours Ago, 15 Year Old Girl Was Shot 4x In The Chest By Ohio..
1120 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+23online now  31
Article inside Safemoon
429 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+29online now  17
Eagles Fan Edp445 full video of him getting caught at a meet up with 13 ye..
301 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+22online now  13
Video inside Greatest blackballed rappers of all time.
137 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy