Apr 7 - A third of COVID survivors suffer neurological or mental disorders: study

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '15        #1
1503 page views
60 comments

Teflon Taliban  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x144
Props total: 127443 127 K  Slaps total: 15548 15 K
Apr 7 - A third of COVID survivors suffer neurological or mental disorders: study

One in three COVID-19 survivors in a study of more than 230,000 mostly American patients were diagnosed with a brain or psychiatric disorder within six months, suggesting the pandemic could lead to a wave of mental and neurological problems, scientists said on Tuesday.

Researchers who conducted the analysis said it was not clear how the virus was linked to psychiatric conditions such as anxiety and depression, but that these were the most common diagnoses among the 14 disorders they looked at.

Post-COVID cases of stroke, dementia and other neurological disorders were rarer, the researchers said, but were still significant, especially in those who had severe COVID-19.

“Although the individual risks for most disorders are small, the effect across the whole population may be substantial,” said Paul Harrison, a professor of psychiatry at Oxford University who co-led the work.

Max Taquet, also an Oxford psychiatrist who worked with Harrison, noted that the study was not able to examine the biological or psychological mechanisms involved, but said urgent research is needed to identify these “with a view to preventing or treating them”.

Health experts are increasingly concerned by evidence of higher risks of brain and mental health disorders among COVID-19 survivors. A previous study by the same researchers found last year that 20% of COVID-19 survivors were diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder within three months.

The new findings, published in the Lancet Psychiatry journal, analysed health records of 236,379 COVID-19 patients, mostly from the United States, and found 34% had been diagnosed with neurological or psychiatric illnesses within six months.

The disorders were significantly more common in COVID-19 patients than in comparison groups of people who recovered from flu or other respiratory infections over the same time period, the scientists said, suggesting COVID-19 had a specific impact.

Anxiety, at 17%, and mood disorders, at 14%, were the most common, and did not appear to be related to how mild or severe the patient’s COVID-19 infection had been.

Among those who had been admitted to intensive care with severe COVID-19 however, 7% had a stroke within six months, and almost 2% were diagnosed with dementia.

Independent experts said the findings were worrying.

“This is a very important paper. It confirms beyond any reasonable doubt that COVID-19 affects both brain and mind in equal measure,” said Simon Wessely, chair of psychiatry at King’s College London.

“The impact COVID-19 is having on individuals’ mental health can be severe,” said Lea Milligan, chief executive of the MQ Mental Health research charity. “This is contributing to the already rising levels of mental illness and requires further, urgent research.”

visit this link https://www.presstv.com/D .. sorders--study
+1   

best
worst
60 comments

2 weeks ago '20        #2
RockyII 
Props total: 8181 8 K  Slaps total: 1059 1 K
But but BX doctors told me there’s a 99% survival rate
+17   

2 weeks ago '15        #3
Teflon Taliban  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x144 OP
Props total: 127443 127 K  Slaps total: 15548 15 K
 RockyII said
+3   

2 weeks ago '10        #4
lltreyll 
Props total: 3168 3 K  Slaps total: 856 856
After working all throughout covid, I've questioned several times if all the people on the road, at stores, businesses and sh*t were just stressed out, not sleeping enough and sh*t like that...or the reason so many people didnt seem like they could focus, think straight or function all that good was because they caught that sh*t..
+15   

2 weeks ago '04        #5
rikedizzle 
Props total: 1598 1 K  Slaps total: 383 383
I'm already dumb as sh*t
+19   

2 weeks ago '20        #6
Its Dark At 9  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 12801 12 K  Slaps total: 1589 1 K
 RockyII said
Hopefully your brain gets stuck on blue screen Windows mode, you prick
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #7
MidNiteBlues 
Props total: 23179 23 K  Slaps total: 550 550
 rikedizzle said
I'm already dumb as sh*t
+12   

2 weeks ago '16        #8
Humblegold 
Props total: 8697 8 K  Slaps total: 2036 2 K
fu*k covid, my mental health has been ups and downs since January, and especially since i got the first dose of vaccine.
+12   

2 weeks ago '17        #9
RayDonovan 
Props total: 2762 2 K  Slaps total: 253 253
Real sh*t i had covid and it caused me to have a stroke.

Couldn't talk or nothing for like 20 mins.. ended up in the hospital for 4 days

I pray this sh*t doesn't give me any long term effects
+30   

2 weeks ago '15        #10
Kehinde 
Props total: 3905 3 K  Slaps total: 1715 1 K
Real deal biological weapon, makes you wonder what else they got in those labs.
+9   

2 weeks ago '05        #11
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 30905 30 K  Slaps total: 8754 8 K
 RockyII said
Aren't you a missionary member of the boxden co-vid 19 vaccine baptism church that spreads the gospel for us to convert to your belief system and to take the experimental co-vid vaccine in order to "save lives" despite no data of immunity?

2 weeks ago '05        #12
carden2 
Props total: 4138 4 K  Slaps total: 798 798
Spend 14 days alone, no way it leads to anxiety and/or depression.
+12   

2 weeks ago '11        #13
Tony Franks 
Props total: 18688 18 K  Slaps total: 2639 2 K
 carden2 said
good point. everybody's life has been changed and folks worried about their future (jobs, health, kids, etc). Then you gotta go into solitary confinement?

Of course covid is effecting people's mental health. Even the folks who will never catch the virus.
+8   

2 weeks ago '18        #14
Proffesor X  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 52425 52 K  Slaps total: 12402 12 K
People...do research on the effects of serious infections from viral dieseases... you will see alot of the same after effects....Covid is not exceptional in that light
+7   

2 weeks ago '17        #15
DavidTheMan 
Props total: 13967 13 K  Slaps total: 8691 8 K
Covid propagnda by media and govt is gonna rear its head as the lockdown states open up.

Im seeing it alrrady at work. Smh. Folks having complete brrakdowns as their state opens up, good wotks shutting down. Smh
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #16
consigliereA 
Props total: 50699 50 K  Slaps total: 3002 3 K
*anxiety intensifies*
+8   

2 weeks ago '17        #17
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x45
Props total: 93273 93 K  Slaps total: 28877 28 K
 Proffesor X said
People...do research on the effects of serious infections from viral dieseases... you will see alot of the same after effects....Covid is not exceptional in that light
Example
+1   

2 weeks ago '20        #18
BlacksAndLatins  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8993 8 K  Slaps total: 4498 4 K
 4REAL said
Aren't you a missionary member of the boxden co-vid 19 vaccine baptism church that spreads the gospel for us to convert to your belief system and to take the experimental co-vid vaccine in order to "save lives" despite no data of immunity?
$10000 says this low-IQ retard never finished high school

2 weeks ago '05        #19
DELIGHTFUL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x44
Props total: 89022 89 K  Slaps total: 51669 51 K
I’m supposed to get the shot tom and I couldn’t sleep for sh*t tonight it was such a light sleep I still feel exhausted ... I think it’s covid anxiety

@
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #20
Capodecina  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19527 19 K  Slaps total: 1450 1 K

+17   

2 weeks ago '17        #21
Coffee 
Props total: 30220 30 K  Slaps total: 6621 6 K
Even early on, before the whole anti-science, anti-vaccine narrative really kicked in, people were saying that those who had caught COVID were experiencing lots of weird sh*t that didn't seem related to actually having severe sickness or severe symptoms.

Women were losing their hair.
People having trouble breathing afterwards.
Etc.

Today's generation of people would have absolutely been ravished by HIV and AIDS in the 80s. These n*ggahs trying not to believe sh*t. Would have wiped out like 30% of you yoloers.

lltreyll said
After working all throughout covid, I've questioned several times if all the people on the road, at stores, businesses and sh*t were just stressed out, not sleeping enough and sh*t like that...or the reason so many people didnt seem like they could focus, think straight or function all that good was because they caught that sh*t..

carden2 said
 Tony Franks said
good point. everybody's life has been changed and folks worried about their future (jobs, health, kids, etc). Then you gotta go into solitary confinement?

Of course covid is effecting people's mental health. Even the folks who will never catch the virus.
These things aren't related and y'all seem like y'all didn't read the article.
+4   

2 weeks ago '20        #22
Ball Man 
Props total: 2612 2 K  Slaps total: 148 148
I think anyone with a severe case of Covid past or present is going to be low on energy, down and depressed or moody...

Better question is how are these test conducted and how soon after their recovery are they tested? are they just testing peeple with Covid?... because with this lockdown and the way things are, everyone's damn near moody and depressed...

But who knows? I'm no scientist...

...Or it could just be the lack of oxygen to brain causing minor brain damage to the covid patient's...
+3   

2 weeks ago '20        #23
KG Da Gawd 
Props total: 5702 5 K  Slaps total: 1962 1 K
Its called depression, ptsd, and paranoia. Kinda what happens when you get media fear mongering and a streaky economy.
+5   

2 weeks ago '06        #24
yumflip 
Props total: 11753 11 K  Slaps total: 1032 1 K
We really are living in the dumbest era of people ever right now. I say that because we have the most powerful educational tool in the history of humanity, yet we don't believe in verifiable facts and information that we can actually find w/that tool. People who have a few college credits at best are trying to present counter arguments to dedicated medical professionals and are actually gaining traction. 90% of y'all would call somebody a kook if they said they refused medical treatment on a religious basis, but congratulate someone for doing the same because of a YouTube conspiracy video w/ZERO verifiable facts. Strange times man....
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #25
RatedQue 
Props total: 3286 3 K  Slaps total: 298 298
That sh*t low key had me depressed after I felt better, goin through the symptoms for a week and some change had me in the crib solo thinking I wasnt going to make it.
+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+128online now  17
EDP445 busted chatting with kids
318 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+50online now  8
Saweetie does the Milli Vanilli SMFH! (WOAT Performance)
99 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+53online now  6
Video inside Why Glad Never Gave Chingy Another Interview
113 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  4
They took the swangas off sauce Walka whip & left it sitting on bricks 😯