The Future of MLB The Show

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
34 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '17        #1
1633 page views
57 comments

SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 63760 63 K  Slaps total: 19192 19 K
The Future of MLB The Show

Seeing that itís multiplat now and even worse for Sony on Gamepass day one, do you guys think Sony is gonna continue having SD studio develop the game? I mean thereís not a real reason not to and if I have a good read on Jim Ryan, heís all about the money and is more than willing to take the perceived L in order to generate more revenue.

Realistically tho, the Show has more or less been the same game for a few years now, they have a great code for the sh*t that doesnít need much tinkering at this point. Itís nothing for them to sell it to the MLB or even give it to them and have another dev pick it up from here. It could open up SD Studio to do something else or help on other games and they would still be getting the game alongside Xbox (and hopefully PC and Switch eventually)

I canít wait to see all the details to this deal and the ramifications for the industry. Sony exclusives bout to have be all out of this world to keep offering value if Gamepass can keep getting good games day one

best
worst
57 comments

1 month ago '12        #2
Pleasure Boy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 22424 22 K  Slaps total: 4742 4 K
They could just tell MLB to split the licence with EA and make The Show exclusive since they own the IP... Then EA can develop mediocre MLB games with microtransactions to Xbots

1 month ago '14        #3
215Philly  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 68653 68 K  Slaps total: 23647 23 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Realistically tho, the Show has more or less been the same game for a few years now
You've truly only played 2 MLB games in the last 10 years

Now you wanna hate because Xbox got it, stop being a salty fanboy
+22   

1 month ago '10        #4
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18514 18 K  Slaps total: 3386 3 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Seeing that itís multiplat now and even worse for Sony on Gamepass day one, do you guys think Sony is gonna continue having SD studio develop the game? I mean thereís not a real reason not to and if I have a good read on Jim Ryan, heís all about the money and is more than willing to take the perceived L in order to generate more revenue.

Realistically tho, the Show has more or less been the same game for a few years now, they have a great code for the sh*t that doesnít need much tinkering at this point. Itís nothing for them to sell it to the MLB or even give it to them and have another dev pick it up from here. It could open up SD Studio to do something else or help on other games and they would still be getting the game alongside Xbox (and hopefully PC and Switch eventually)

I canít wait to see all the details to this deal and the ramifications for the industry. Sony exclusives bout to have be all out of this world to keep offering value if Gamepass can keep getting good games day one
hahaha so you want sony to take they ball and go home cause they cant ball with big kids lol
+7   

1 month ago '15        #5
Truthseeker007 
Props total: 3350 3 K  Slaps total: 540 540
 acegutta22 said
hahaha so you want sony to take they ball and go home cause they cant ball with big kids lol
You say this after Microsoft just purchased Bethesda, lol. That was the "biggest take your ball home" move when they realized they dont have shyt to compete with Sony for the next 2 years for next gen consoles.

1 month ago '10        #6
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18514 18 K  Slaps total: 3386 3 K
 Truthseeker007 said
You say this after Microsoft just purchased Bethesda, lol. That was the "biggest take your ball home" move when they realized they dont have shyt to compete with Sony for the next 2 years for next gen consoles.
What do you mean? you're telling Sony San Diego not to make the game anymore.

Xbox is telling you to either buy a PC or Xbox or if you don't want to do either one of these you can play it in a web browser or a telephone.
To either way Microsoft has the money to buy your exclusive and give it to us for free while you cry online about it.
+11   

1 month ago '17        #7
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
 215Philly said
You've truly only played 2 MLB games in the last 10 years

Now you wanna hate because Xbox got it, stop being a salty fanboy
Because theyíve largely been the same game doofus

1 month ago '17        #8
 acegutta22 said
Nowhere did I say this lol.

You guys are incapable of having a legit discussion on here. Mental illness running rampant like a mafu*ka

1 month ago '17        #9
 Truthseeker007 said
Big facts lmfao.

n*ggas did that because Sony was tryna get exclusive rights to ONE GAME

These n*ggas act like this sh*t not a business.

1 month ago '17        #10
 Pleasure Boy said
They could just tell MLB to split the licence with EA and make The Show exclusive since they own the IP... Then EA can develop mediocre MLB games with microtransactions to Xbots
I mean realistically The Show ainít nothing to keep pumping out at this point, itís already a top notch game. It would make sense to just have another studio keep up with it at this point and maybe have SD around to make sure they donít go too off the rails in some capacity.

1 month ago '04        #11
jewelz1132 
Props total: 6761 6 K  Slaps total: 306 306
 SPdaGOAT said
I mean realistically The Show ain’t nothing to keep pumping out at this point, it’s already a top notch game. It would make sense to just have another studio keep up with it at this point and maybe have SD around to make sure they don’t go too off the rails in some capacity.
I think that'd end up ruining the game in the long run, which would be a L for all parties involved. It'll prob turn to sh*t just like the MLB 2K series.

Pleasure Boy said
They can't really tell the MLB to do anything. I mean look at this situation. They either make the game the way that the MLB wants or they have no license to make it at all. You think that EA can tell the NFL to do whatever they want when it comes to Madden? They'll take that sh*t away with the quickness.

It's interesting to read how yall switch up so much with all these fantasy narratives. MLB The Show, at a lot of points in the sim sports realm has been a system seller. I know I originally bought the PS3 for it.. If Playstation's user base and console sales are so much bigger than MS', why do yall even care so much about what XBOX is doing with a game that more people play on Playstation?
+5   

1 month ago '17        #12
 jewelz1132 said
I think that'd end up ruining the game in the long run, which would be a L for all parties involved. It'll prob turn to sh*t just like the MLB 2K series.

They can't really tell the MLB to do anything. I mean look at this situation. They either make the game the way that the MLB wants or they have no license to make it at all. You think that EA can tell the NFL to do whatever they want when it comes to Madden? They'll take that sh*t away with the quickness.

It's interesting to read how yall switch up so much with all these fantasy narratives. MLB The Show, at a lot of points in the sim sports realm has been a system seller. I know I originally bought the PS3 for it.. If Playstation's user base and console sales are so much bigger than MS', why do yall even care so much about what XBOX is doing with a game that more people play on Playstation?
I donít think he means they can tell MLB to tell EA to make the game like force them or anything, just as a suggestion. That would ultimately be up to the MLB tho. Sony probably gonna ask for more money or more of a cut into profits if they continue to make the MLB games.

1 month ago '04        #13
jewelz1132 
 SPdaGOAT said
I donít think he means they can tell MLB to tell EA to make the game like force them or anything, just as a suggestion. That would ultimately be up to the MLB tho. Sony probably gonna ask for more money or more of a cut into profits if they continue to make the MLB games.
I feel like that's likely been taken care of considering the terms MLB placed on them and time it's taken to get the game running on XBOX. It's not like this is a situation where they just rushed a port out. If that is the case, then that'd just k*ll any leverage the studio might have for a renegotiation like that.
+1   

1 month ago '12        #14
 jewelz1132 said

Split the license like NBA does with 2k and Live... EA was interested in the license before Sony renewed but obviously the terms were multiplat... Depending on how this game sells on Playstation Sony may just decide to let the game go...

1 month ago '14        #15
mumbosauce  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25149 25 K  Slaps total: 3294 3 K
the show was a great exclusive game for PS3/PS4 times change. still amazing game though
+5   

1 month ago '04        #16
jewelz1132 
 Pleasure Boy said
Split the license like NBA does with 2k and Live... EA was interested in the license before Sony renewed but obviously the terms were multiplat... Depending on how this game sells on Playstation Sony may just decide to let the game go...
Hopefully that wouldn't be the case with them just abandoning it. If they go the route of the NBA, I think that The Show would still be multiplat in this era of gaming, there would just be more options. EA would be a good fit with their history of baseball games but The Show is in its own league. The NBA seems to not care as much as MLB/NFL with exclusivity, but it kinda does by default because EA can't get it together to make a game on 2K's level.

1 month ago '17        #17
 jewelz1132 said
Hopefully that wouldn't be the case with them just abandoning it. If they go the route of the NBA, I think that The Show would still be multiplat in this era of gaming, there would just be more options. EA would be a good fit with their history of baseball games but The Show is in its own league. The NBA seems to not care as much as MLB/NFL with exclusivity, but it kinda does by default because EA can't get it together to make a game on 2K's level.
I canít front on EA, MVP Baseball 04/05 still might be my favorite baseball games and still does some sh*t better than the show to this day.

That was over 15 years ago too tho so

1 month ago '04        #18
jewelz1132 
 SPdaGOAT said
I canít front on EA, MVP Baseball 04/05 still might be my favorite baseball games and still does some sh*t better than the show to this day.

That was over 15 years ago too tho so
Yeaaaaah 04/05 might be my favorite year for all EA sports titles, but we see where they are now with Madden and what Live was. It def be a situation where people are just looking to play something different. Different wouldn't really equal better lol
+3   

1 month ago '11        #19
Blokka Blokka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 18986 18 K  Slaps total: 4181 4 K
 Pleasure Boy said
Yeah. Because Sony is going to tell MLB anything. Like they did anything about the show going multi plat

+3   

1 month ago '12        #20
 Blokka Blokka said
Yeah. Because Sony is going to tell MLB anything. Like they did anything about the show going multi plat

They're developing the game... If they dont make money then they can just let the license go its not rocket science... Its simple business you make a product to sell it... If said product dont sell then whats the point to keep on making it?

1 month ago '17        #21
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 161866 161 K  Slaps total: 11132 11 K
Another struggle thread.

+3   

1 month ago '17        #22
 Naga Sadow said
Another struggle thread.

Just say you didnít read

1 month ago '17        #23
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 161866 161 K  Slaps total: 11132 11 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Just say you didnít read
You responded in less than 30 seconds. Do you live on here? Do you have a job or hobby? Are we your only company?

+4   

1 month ago '17        #24
 Naga Sadow said
You responded in less than 30 seconds. Do you live on here? Do you have a job or hobby? Are we your only company?

Youíre 40 years old and troll daily on a video game forum

1 month ago '07        #25
Adam Is BeTTeR 
Props total: 8990 8 K  Slaps total: 1168 1 K
It’s a baseball, who gives a fu*k.

The positive is that the studio will make $$$ from micro transactions

- if they let go of the license, 2k or/ and ea will jump on the opportunity right away and sd studio will regret losing out on all that money

Last edited by Adam Is BeTTeR; 04-07-2021 at 09:06 AM..
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+29online now  21
Video inside At This Point Capcom Might As Well Drop A S3xtape
65 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+48online now  15
Video inside Kevin Hart Exposes Joe Budden