2022 Mazda6 will have inline-six engine, rear-wheel-drive (plus AWD optional)

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+75  84
57 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

2 months ago '16        #1
1708 page views
22 comments

rooseveltdunn 
Props total: 5927 5 K  Slaps total: 243 243
2022 Mazda6 will have inline-six engine, rear-wheel-drive (plus AWD optional)

I am not a fan of driving SUVs/pick ups so sedans are where it's at for me. If Mazda really comes out with this they may have a major hit on their hands.

"Bucking that trend, Mazda plans to adopt the blueprint of a full luxury model and hang a lower price on it. The next-generation 6, which should be on sale by the end of 2022, is set to get a full Bavarian, transitioning to a longitudinal-engine platform with rear-wheel drive and an inline-six.

That engine won't just be a new layout for Mazda. It will incorporate the company's Skyactiv-X sort-of-compression-ignition gasoline technology as well as a 48-volt hybrid system. We've seen numbers approaching 350 horsepower thrown around. If that sounds like an unrealistic R&D load for a company Mazda's size, well, yeah, it is. However, Mazda has lately been deepening its ties with Toyota, which may adopt the six-cylinder Skyactiv-X for the next-generation Lexus IS and RC. With Toyota's budget, Mazda engineers could probably welcome Elon Musk to Mars with a locally sourced shrimp buffet.

You already have a pretty good idea of what this car will look like. Reflect on Mazda's Vision Coupe concept, which debuted at the 2017 Tokyo auto show. That long-hood, short-deck showpiece was clearly projecting rear-drive intent, cloaked in an evolution of Mazda's seductive styling language with softened lines and subtler forms.

There's even a chance that Mazda will mimic Lexus and put the inline-six into both four- and two-door bodies. Rewind two years prior to the Vision Coupe and you get the RX-Vision, a Mazda sports-car concept with a hood way longer than necessary for the Wankel rotary the company was imagining at the time. Few things cement an upmarket image better than a rear-drive sports coupe. But a rear-drive sports sedan is a fine start, too."

visit this link https://www.caranddriver. .. onfirmed-2022/
+7   

best
worst
22 comments

2 months ago '14        #2
worldwide202  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17802 17 K  Slaps total: 2724 2 K
Mazdas always intrigued me, but I always read the reliability is sub-par.

2 months ago '17        #3
Cronion2415  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 20483 20 K  Slaps total: 1000 1 K

Not bad, not bad..

2 months ago '16        #4
rooseveltdunn  OP
 worldwide202 said
Actually, according to consumer reports, Mazda is the #1 in reliability ratings, beating both Honda and Toyota (as of 2020). According to both motortrend and caranddriver Mazda is top 2 in predicted reliability ratings as well. I think people still think it's the 90's.
+8   

2 months ago '14        #5
 rooseveltdunn said
Actually, according to consumer reports, Mazda is the #1 in reliability ratings, beating both Honda and Toyota (as of 2020). According to both motortrend and caranddriver Mazda is top 2 in predicted reliability ratings as well. I think people still think it's the 90's.
My go to is US news. They have moved up the last couple of years. They're back on my list.

+1   

2 months ago '16        #6
rooseveltdunn  OP
 worldwide202 said
My go to is US news. They have moved up the last couple of years. They're back on my list.

Nice find, I am legit hyped, I am really considering buying the Mazda6 brand new when it comes out which goes against my rule of never buying brand new cars.
+1   

2 months ago '05        #7
tokinjohn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 111623 111 K  Slaps total: 14065 14 K
Damn guess Mazda fixed their sh*t, my Millenia had me broke down in someone's yard trying to turn around cuz I had no reverse on Xmas eve about 20 years ago

2 months ago '15        #8
CZNM22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19285 19 K  Slaps total: 551 551
I love my Focus to death, but whenever I see one of those Mazda hatches, I be feeling some type of way. Those things are s*xy!

+6   

2 months ago '17        #9
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 161687 161 K  Slaps total: 11126 11 K
Inline 6 you say and RWD platform you say?

+4   

2 months ago '20        #10
Benhillboy 
Props total: 511 511  Slaps total: 23 23
Those new 3s do go hard, they look like 6s from the front. Mazda is the new wave for people who want understated luxury-level quality for an intelligent price. Compare a fully-loaded Mazda with a comparable option package in a similar sized Benz and be blown away. Who the fu*k offers nappa leather, ultra suede paneling, and turbo engines for $35K? They have the cleanest design language going along with Audi for my money. That new 6 gonna k*ll sh*t especially since most critics and consumers hate the design of the new entry level BMWs. It’s simply gonna be too sophisticated to be compared to Camry and Accord.
+4   

2 months ago '16        #11
Lamel2g 
Props total: 14524 14 K  Slaps total: 1645 1 K
I have a 2020 CX-5 and I love it.
+1   

2 months ago '18        #12
BlaqThum 
Props total: 11559 11 K  Slaps total: 733 733
 Naga Sadow said
Inline 6 you say and RWD platform you say?

That’s what I said... an i6 with some forged internals and nice turbo... we might be on to a classic sleeper in making.
+2   

2 months ago '15        #13
Prad Bitt 
Props total: 13942 13 K  Slaps total: 1237 1 K
Mazda’s>>> if they really release that cartoon villain coupe with an inline 6 rwd alotta luxury and domestic coupes will have dust on em at car lots
+1   

2 months ago '08        #14
litdes 
Props total: 6002 6 K  Slaps total: 385 385
 worldwide202 said
Was a porter at a Mazda dealership when the 6 first dropped back in 03/04 and they’re not bad cars at all if you don’t mind keeping up on maintenance I even seen one dude who had an mx3 stick that 203k and dude swore up and down it was the original clutch
+2   

2 months ago '16        #15
rooseveltdunn  OP
 Prad Bitt said
Mazda’s>>> if they really release that cartoon villain coupe with an inline 6 rwd alotta luxury and domestic coupes will have dust on em at car lots
Big facts, if Mazda does this they will finish off subaru and Nissan for good and probably be coming for Honda and Toyota, especially if they offer awd for the sedan along with the SUV/CUV
+1   

1 month ago '15        #16
Prad Bitt 
Props total: 13942 13 K  Slaps total: 1237 1 K
 rooseveltdunn said
Big facts, if Mazda does this they will finish off subaru and Nissan for good and probably be coming for Honda and Toyota, especially if they offer awd for the sedan along with the SUV/CUV
Mazda’s don’t even photograph as well as the look in person, moving art.
+1   

1 month ago '18        #17
Armstrong 102 
Props total: 5842 5 K  Slaps total: 2105 2 K
 worldwide202 said
No man I had a brand new 2006 maxda6 I beat the fu*k out of the car for 7 years.
Only changed a fuel pump ( I would ride to the light n past the empty line 95% of the time changed pump 5 years in) only switched tires once in 7 years. Never had winter tires and this car was beast in the winter. What a monster in my laneway in the winter and I had the basic v4 Mazda 6 2006. Caught a dui n gave the car to my girls cousin, car gave out a day later on her. She only wanted me 🥲😢
+2   

1 month ago '16        #18
Boogie1790  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 51912 51 K  Slaps total: 8146 8 K
My next car is the CX-5
+1   

1 month ago '18        #19
Armstrong 102 
 rooseveltdunn said
Nice find, I am legit hyped, I am really considering buying the Mazda6 brand new when it comes out which goes against my rule of never buying brand new cars.
I agree never brand new. My dad is against used and I was 18 at the time so I found the cheapest brand new car and Mazda was having a end of year sale got a brand new Mazda6 at the time for like $17k. As the post above this one I wrote states, I took my frustration and aggression out on that car and she took the beating and continued on for more. She legit was beast man. I made the people around me believe in Mazda because they saw the beating it took and reliability it showcased

1 month ago '18        #20
Armstrong 102 
Oh I once bought my girl a mechanics winter beater Mazda 3 2005, wow let me tell you such a fun car to drive. Paid $1k was only suppose to be a 1year car for her. We ended keeping that car for 7 years. Another beast. Such a quick pacey car. When I got it to 130km, 130-160km was a breeze I would take that thing to 190km/h with easy only thing that sucked it was a 4gears so it would drink more gas then most in that class size. But so much fun to drive and I would watch F1 then go rip that thing because I live right off a highway I would just rip that thing get off at an exit and go back and try to beat my own time lololol this was last year too. She died this year. My girl got the GMC Terrain now a 2017 for 5k

1 month ago '14        #21
 Boogie1790 said
My next car is the CX-5
It was on my wife's short list to replace her Jetta, but she settled on the CR-V mainly because of the space.
+1   

1 month ago '16        #22
Boogie1790  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 51912 51 K  Slaps total: 8146 8 K
 worldwide202 said
It was on my wife's short list to replace her Jetta, but she settled on the CR-V mainly because of the space.
It's me and I have 2 kids so it will be a perfect size.

1 month ago '14        #23
 Boogie1790 said
It's me and I have 2 kids so it will be a perfect size.
I loved the way it handled during the test drive. You're gonna love it.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+37online now  35
Video inside Hassan campbell almost had to turn someone tv off in bronx river
219 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  33
UFC 262: Oliveira vs. Chandler
711 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+31online now  19
Video inside May 15 - ISRAEL BEGINS DEPORTING BLACK AMERICAN HEBREWS
241 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+163online now  16
Kyrie: "I can't concentrate on Basketball" - Talks Palestinian Oppression..
268 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy