Method Man Demands To Know How New Rappers Are So Rich

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
23 replies  @sports

most viewed right now
+58  33
131 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

1 year ago '15        #1
7884 page views
149 comments

Top Goon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x206
Props total: 163713 163 K  Slaps total: 20055 20 K
Method Man Demands To Know How New Rappers Are So Rich

Method Man doesn't understand how newer rappers can afford the ridiculously luxurious lifestyles they broadcast on social media.
It's not uncommon to see this new generation of hip-hop superstars flaunting their seemingly endless wealth on Instagram. Trends like the "money phone" and the "money spread" have gone so far as to spark minor feuds. Private jets are seemingly commonplace means of travel for today's young rap elites. Luxury items like Birkin Bags and lavish iced-out jewelry are frequently showcased, with price tags being worn like a badge of honor.

For Method Man, a longtime legend who has achieved success in a variety of different mediums, the seemingly infinite wealth that the new rap landscape possesses has been a source of great confusion. He expressed as much during a recent interview with Math Hoffa, as noted by HipHopDX. In fact, Meth all but demanded answers about the fortunes of rap's nouveau riche, implying that something may very well be afoot behind the scenes.

Method Man

Scott Dudelson/Getty Images
"Now, [rappers] are fu*kin' rockstars," remarks Meth. "I remember getting twenty-five hundred a show. 'All I Need' had dropped, and I'm doing shows every fu*kin' day. Seven days a week. I had to tell the manager to raise the price...Next thing I know, I'm getting twenty-five g's a show, and I'm forgetting cause I love what I'm doing so much. Now we're in an era where these kids got more money then--son, I couldn't imagine. I don't even got a car. My kids got cars, my wife got a car. But these kids got four, five cars."

"I still ain't taking private jets!" laughs Meth. "Where are they getting this money? They got a deal or some sh*t? No fu*king way that they flying private all the time. That money long as fu*k. At minimum, that's 30 grand round trip. Where are they getting this money from, can somebody tell me? I need that hustle. They paying to fly a private jet, and they're doing it all the time!"

Method Man

Scott Dudelson/Getty Images
"I used to complain, when I worked at the Statue [of Liberty], to save half my cheque for carfare," he continues. "Dollar seventy-five. We talking thirty-grand a trip, where are they getting this fu*king money from!" When shows are brought up as an option, Meth isn't quite convinced. "They still doing this sh*t during corona. I know Migos probably getting a hundred-grand a piece." Hoffa adds that streaming revenue, club appearances, and features are all viable income sources, but Meth still isn't convinced.

"Rick Ross is rich, we've seen the estate," he continues. "He earned that though. We can see where he got his money from. But some of these--where is this sh*t coming from! We can't see it! Nobody really listen to your music like that, where did you get this fu*king money! It boggles my muthafu*kin' mind man. Every penny I got, I know where that came from."

Clearly, Method Man is bamboozled by the situation, and in truth -- it can indeed be puzzling at times, especially in an era where success is so often a*sociated by material goods. Check out the Wu-Tang legend's take on the topic below, and keep an eye out for him and Redman to reunite for an epic 4/20 Verzuz battle. Do you share Method Man's confusion?
+56   

best
worst
149 comments

1 year ago '19        #2
MapleSyrup 
Props total: 1645 1 K  Slaps total: 361 361
I a*sume there is a lot of money laundering going on.
+126   

1 year ago '15        #3
6Fraud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 83872 83 K  Slaps total: 29304 29 K
 MapleSyrup said
Yes
+23   

1 year ago '20        #4
itsthekid123  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 6939 6 K  Slaps total: 883 883
 MapleSyrup said
i a*sume scamming and fraud

g herbo comes to mind

+64   

1 year ago '18        #5
Obeybrad 
Props total: 698 698  Slaps total: 212 212
They all sell weed too lol
+36   

1 year ago '20        #6
LordRupertEvert 
Props total: 8890 8 K  Slaps total: 560 560
A lot of these n*ggas are flippin' their rap money for nefarious "investments"
+54   

4 months ago '21        #7
HornOfAfrica  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 9035 9 K  Slaps total: 1345 1 K

4 months ago '16        #8
recycledtwice 
Props total: 1601 1 K  Slaps total: 379 379
How come mothafu*kas can't be broke sometimes? Sometimes it's cool to floss.. but don't a $85,000 car, before you buy a house - a wise man by the name of E-40
+54   

4 months ago '19        #9
hip  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 30846 30 K  Slaps total: 5866 5 K
@5:30 Math says they're trafficking on thier private jets.

+47   

4 months ago '04        #10
Skilllz 
Props total: 31572 31 K  Slaps total: 3098 3 K
I’m sure mad sh*t is rented for these cats via labels or handlers
+60   

4 months ago '15        #11
Shifty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21338 21 K  Slaps total: 4177 4 K
What if these n*ggas have to take all of that designer off and return their jewelry after they're done with their performances/photo shoots?

What if everything is from the label, and they're just propping their rappers up to look rich...until they actually start making money and can finally pay their loans(advance) off?

You can be anybody you want to be as long as you're in control of the narrative.

Last edited by Shifty; 01-18-2022 at 04:38 PM..
+54   

4 months ago '21        #12
 Shifty said
What if these n*ggas have to take all of that designer off and return their jewelry after they're done with their performances/photo shoots?

What if everything is from the label, and they're just propping their rappers up to look rich...until they actually start making money and can follow pay their loans(advance) off?

You can be anybody you want to be as long as you're in control of the narrative.
I mean when even someone like Method Man, who's in this industry himself, doesnt know where these new n*ggas gettin' all this money from, it makes you wonder tho. Like whats goin on lol
+52   

4 months ago '15        #13
 HornOfAfrica said
I mean when even Mehod Man, who's in this industry himself, doesnt know where these new n*ggas gettin' all this money from, it makes you wonder tho. Like whats goin on lol
It's all a lie. These new n*ggas shining harder than the rappers from the 90's. There were only but so many rappers who had money like that back then..but everyone is rich now? Even the trash rappers?

You would think that there's no money left for the average person if you saw all of the money they spent on cars and diamonds.

Idk who it is, but somebody is lying.
+41   

4 months ago '04        #14
Cutty Olds 
Props total: 21423 21 K  Slaps total: 1773 1 K
 MapleSyrup said
 itsthekid123 said
i a*sume scamming and fraud

g herbo comes to mind

I’m thinking the same thing
+6   

4 months ago '21        #15
 Shifty said
It's all a lie. These new n*ggas shining harder than the rappers from the 90's. There were only but so many rappers who had money like that back then..but everyone is rich now? Even the trash rappers?

You would think that there's no money left for the average person if you saw all of the money they spent on cars and diamonds.

Idk who it is, but somebody is lying.
I mean, Hip Hop is a international genre now. whole other demographics listenin to Rap nowadays. That opens new windows of opportunities. Not to mention the social media. In other words, streets are not dictatin' Hip Hop anymore. In the 90's, sh*t was so local, you were lucky if your name reached the english-speaking countries outside the US, let alone the none english- speakin' nations.

Last edited by HornOfAfrica; 01-18-2022 at 05:15 PM..
+30   

4 months ago '15        #16
 hip said
@5:30 Math says they're trafficking on thier private jets.

Why would someone like JuiceWorld (who was signed to Interscope) ever have to transport drugs on a air plane? Why couldn't he send his managers to buy weed when he landed? It couldn't have all been for himself....he too rich to have gotten caught up like that.

That's the same label 50 Cent, Gaga, and Kendrick Lamar are signed to. Juice wasn't a stupid person, so idk why he was transporting like that.

4 months ago '15        #17
 HornOfAfrica said
I mean, Hip Hop is a international genre now. whole other demographic listenin to Rap nowadays. That opens new windows of opportunities. Not to mention the social media. In other words, streets are not dictatin' Hip Hop anymore. In the 90's, sh*t was so local, you were lucky if you name reached the english-speaking countries outside the US, let alone none english- speakin' nations.
You're right.

That's what I wish people understood tho - the music industry is a business. Your favorite rapper wasn't black balled, he just wasn't good enough.
+9   

4 months ago '20        #18
BuiltForThis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 24248 24 K  Slaps total: 39747 39 K
He shoulda named names and not allow these Bx dorks to thrive off they delusional narratives about specific artist.
+4   

4 months ago '18        #19
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 65308 65 K  Slaps total: 4552 4 K
Ain't nothing new. n*ggas been moving work on tour buses the same way juice and ralo got caught on the planes. And n*ggas been fronting with fake sh*t since way back too...
+22   

4 months ago '04        #20
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 25409 25 K  Slaps total: 4500 4 K
multiple income streams via streaming n social media... which is completely different from what he was accustomed to during his era

faux flexing on da gram aside, of course. we got no name wh*res of the week allegedly being flown around the globe on gulfstream jets lol
+7   

4 months ago '15        #21
 BuiltForThis said
He shoulda named names and not allow these Bx dorks to thrive off they delusional narratives about specific artist.
Shut your pu**y a*s up, you d*ck eating bastard. I literally asked why would someone who's signed to Interscope get caught flying drugs...and you slapped it?

Get the fu*k on, you c*m gargling f*g**t. This thread isn't about NBA YB.
+1   

4 months ago '11        #22
CrossRoads99 
Props total: 4975 4 K  Slaps total: 553 553
Social media and streams is a big addition to funds they didn't have back in the day. They got most of their money off tours, and if they did the deal right.. Sales but unfortunately most didn't know better back then

Last edited by CrossRoads99; 01-18-2022 at 05:48 PM..
+10   

4 months ago '06        #23
marcusaka50 
Props total: 38044 38 K  Slaps total: 6102 6 K
Show money?…..lol….why is it that hard to figure out…some of the Oder generation just stuck in time….fake flexing is every generation…fake it to you make it is an old saying
+11   

4 months ago '17        #24
BuckSon 
Props total: 2212 2 K  Slaps total: 256 256
 Shifty said
You're right.

That's what I wish people understood tho - the music industry is a business. Your favorite rapper wasn't black balled, he just wasn't good enough.
Good enough is nice but won't do....are you marketable is the question

Last edited by BuckSon; 01-18-2022 at 10:57 PM..
+6   

4 months ago '18        #25
Crisco  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6392 6 K  Slaps total: 898 898
Rap is far more profitable than ever.

Artists sign better deals.

Artists often already know how to make money before even getting signed.

they invest in other ventures rather than just trying to be a rapper.

But he's savvy enough to know all this.
+16   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+54online now  13
May 26 - Shooter’s Mom speaks, Footage entering school, SRO on campus was armed!
190 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+41online now  11
Image(s) inside Where did you start?
222 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+17online now  9
Justin Timberlake sells his music catalog for $100 million