ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+38  162
38 replies  @wild'ish

most viewed right now
+22  90
182 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section gear

4 weeks ago '08        #1
2762 page views
47 comments

Pyrex  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 10526 10 K  Slaps total: 13412 13 K
How Black Air Force 1's Became a Meme

visit this link https://www.complex.com/s .. -funniest-meme

This article pissed me off. I wear my black Forces everyday. They are a fire shoe. Very classic. This article is bull junk. Have you guys ever heard of this?

I don’t remember when it was decided that the all black Air Force 1 was the signature shoe of the degenerate. I just remember nobody wore them on purpose unless they either worked in a kitchen, did robberies for a living, or were dopeheads. This theory wasn’t coined by any specific person, it was just understood.

Dopeheads and crackheads in the neighborhood I grew up in almost wore them exclusively, and folks that wore them to work fu*ked with them because they looked better than those slip-free generic joints they would’ve been forced to buy. The toebox on black AF1s crumble up like paper when they’ve been worn too many times. They look like someone walked around with a closed fist inside them, plus they curl up when you take them off after a long day of shooting up, smoking rock, robbing people, and/or washing dishes. The leather starts to feel and look like plastic, too. Not only are they the uniform of dusty, dirtballs, they will literally get dusty. This is why normal human beings don’t purchase them.

I think the convo online about black Forces went viral when Drake was pictured with model Malaika Terry. Those blessed with hood knowledge brilliantly pointed out that things wouldn’t work out because Terry was wearing black AF1 lows while on a date with the biggest rapper in the world. Some suggested that Drake check his wallet because she would def charge sh*t to the game in his name. A quick Twitter search will unveil a treasure trove of black AF1 content, officially making it the funniest running joke related to sneakers. I wish the same disdain was applied to sneaker wedges, but that might be another essay for another day. Imagine shorty pulls up to the date with black Air Force 1 sneaker wedges, though? Could she still like...get it?

Would you have the courage to roast her on the spot no matter how bad she is? It would be hard for me to hold my tongue or not show any kind of emotion. Like, ma, why are you wearing those?

White girls will have absolutely cooked, dirty white AF1s with mop strings for laces, and dirtbags in the hood will forever have all-black, dusty AF1 Lows at their disposal. When you see these people in public, please proceed with caution. They have no regard for human life, not even their own. This strategy isn’t a joke or a Twitter meme, this strategy is for your own good. You can tell a lot about a person by the shoes they wear, so let this be a lesson to those of you that aren’t from “the hood” or “the ghetto” as a lot of you like to call it. Keep your eyes peeled for all-black Forces when in these streets. The people that wear those are either into robbery or have multiple violent priors. This might come across as stereotyping, but it’s a rule of thumb that has kept me safe and alive. If you do housekeeping or work in a kitchen, you’re good in my book, though. Be safe out there and avoid the bookings.

Last edited by Pyrex; 03-18-2021 at 08:56 PM..

best
worst
47 comments

4 weeks ago '19        #2
Beach city  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 36354 36 K  Slaps total: 874 874
 Pyrex said

This article pissed me off. I wear my black Forces everyday. They are a fire shoe. Very classic. This article is bull junk. Have you guys ever heard of this?
Yeah they said that when you wear a black air Force ones your con artist or a thief.. I'm from the West coast Long Beach to be exact.. we used to wear a lot of white air Force ones no black ones.. I wore a pair of black air Force ones but they were black camouflage air Force ones..
+5   

4 weeks ago '08        #3
Pyrex  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
I also rock a pair of crispy white Forces! But that article is straight disrespectful to people.
+5   

4 weeks ago '15        #4
jersey kidd 
Props total: 208 208  Slaps total: 13 13
Son went a little too hard in the article but it’s been a joke for a minute now
+17   

4 weeks ago '04        #5
nobody 
Props total: 5813 5 K  Slaps total: 710 710
LOL, man I remember these stories.

Every hood stereotype you can think of was given to a blk guy in blk forces.
+8   

4 weeks ago '16        #6
LeastLoved 
Props total: 6198 6 K  Slaps total: 1037 1 K
The real mfs u can’t trust are the dudes that are rocking the white joints but they all creased and yellowed out
+61   

4 weeks ago '15        #7
dipset2087 
Props total: 3443 3 K  Slaps total: 1491 1 K
yea junkies usually wear them and mess them up...like you can always find a junkie in a pair of black af1 smh I had 1 pair and I didnt like them (Maybe because I was a kid and they looked horrible when bawled up) smh since then I decided to never wear a pair of ALL BLACK black af1 with the solid black colorway BUT i do like the gore tech ones
+2   

4 weeks ago '21        #8
hero  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2367 2 K  Slaps total: 2495 2 K
Complex so corny. Try too hard to be black and hood.
+35   

4 weeks ago '20        #9
itsthekid123  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3929 3 K  Slaps total: 516 516
fu*k this drake listining weirdo f*g that wrote the article

and fu*k complex, they not my culture
+20   

4 weeks ago '18        #10
Loknows 
Props total: 1900 1 K  Slaps total: 106 106
It's funny but at it's core dark clothes for robberies or if you don't have shoes like that black shoes are less noticed to show dirt. I used to have black Adidas sambas

4 weeks ago '15        #11
TrillTalk520  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32465 32 K  Slaps total: 2309 2 K
Man fu*k that i stayed with a pair of black ones and wouldn't crease anymore than my white ones. I hate sh*t like this kuz muhfu*kas are so quick to follow a trend.

Anyways, out here where I'm at they make all white and all black ones seasonal (really like back to school) so you can't go buy a pair in stores smh sh*t is retarded
+8   

4 weeks ago '05        #12
hustlehard365 
Props total: 2966 2 K  Slaps total: 293 293
When i came up nothing to do with fiends and robbers it was what you wore october thru march because they didn’t sell white AF1s all year once they ran out after labor day they didn’t come back till april
+12   

4 weeks ago '10        #13
rich21886 
Props total: 2202 2 K  Slaps total: 105 105
 LeastLoved said
The real mfs u can’t trust are the dudes that are rocking the white joints but they all creased and yellowed out
Thats a fact them dudes will legit disappear your porch chairs.
+6   

4 weeks ago '15        #14
Ruger707  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12278 12 K  Slaps total: 770 770
The joke is corny at this point

Last edited by Ruger707; 03-18-2021 at 11:11 PM..
+19   

4 weeks ago '13        #15
TheWAVEment 
Props total: 5588 5 K  Slaps total: 1305 1 K
AFs been whack since they died out in the late 00s

4 weeks ago '20        #16
Jaye85 
Props total: 997 997  Slaps total: 69 69
Unless they are Flyknit edition/material Air Force Ones, I've stopped rocking air forces years ago. Once Air Forces have that crease in the toebox area after a few wears of them, it looks completely worn out and no I'm not wearing them with uncomfortable shoe trees, or trying to iron the creases with a towel like so many youtube videos do.
+1   

4 weeks ago '20        #17
jreverywhere  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8672 8 K  Slaps total: 348 348
Black forces held me down in the winter from 2007-2010 when i lived in NY before I got my first timberlands
+7   

4 weeks ago '19        #18
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 20674 20 K  Slaps total: 2868 2 K
Because they're worn by criminals because they'rr generic

Or people with some flavor that have to wear black shoes to work.

Only reasons anyone buys them

4 weeks ago '18        #19
Most Palone 
Props total: 10782 10 K  Slaps total: 821 821
As usual Cornplex is acting like they in touch with the community but they not and they are late as hell on the black af1 meme

Like what cornball wrote this article, Joe Puma?
+12   

4 weeks ago '08        #20
Pyrex  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP

4 weeks ago '10        #21
DeathStar 
Props total: 19270 19 K  Slaps total: 774 774
I haven’t worn a pair of forces since like 05.

Great shoe but you can only wear them 2-3 times before they start lookin smoked.
+8   

4 weeks ago '04        #22
biscuit 
Props total: 42092 42 K  Slaps total: 3967 3 K
It used to be Reebok broads then it became black AF1's
+3   

4 weeks ago '15        #23
redcodeinesyrup 
Props total: 7559 7 K  Slaps total: 3438 3 K
 Pyrex said

I don’t remember when it was decided that the all black Air Force 1 was the signature shoe of the degenerate. I just remember nobody wore them on purpose unless they either worked in a kitchen, did robberies for a living, or were dopeheads. This theory wasn’t coined by any specific person, it was just understood.

Dopeheads and crackheads in the neighborhood I grew up in almost wore them exclusively, and folks that wore them to work fu*ked with them because they looked better than those slip-free generic joints they would’ve been forced to buy. The toebox on black AF1s crumble up like paper when they’ve been worn too many times. They look like someone walked around with a closed fist inside them, plus they curl up when you take them off after a long day of shooting up, smoking rock, robbing people, and/or washing dishes. The leather starts to feel and look like plastic, too. Not only are they the uniform of dusty, dirtballs, they will literally get dusty. This is why normal human beings don’t purchase them.

I think the convo online about black Forces went viral when Drake was pictured with model Malaika Terry. Those blessed with hood knowledge brilliantly pointed out that things wouldn’t work out because Terry was wearing black AF1 lows while on a date with the biggest rapper in the world. Some suggested that Drake check his wallet because she would def charge sh*t to the game in his name. A quick Twitter search will unveil a treasure trove of black AF1 content, officially making it the funniest running joke related to sneakers. I wish the same disdain was applied to sneaker wedges, but that might be another essay for another day. Imagine shorty pulls up to the date with black Air Force 1 sneaker wedges, though? Could she still like...get it?

Would you have the courage to roast her on the spot no matter how bad she is? It would be hard for me to hold my tongue or not show any kind of emotion. Like, ma, why are you wearing those?

White girls will have absolutely cooked, dirty white AF1s with mop strings for laces, and dirtbags in the hood will forever have all-black, dusty AF1 Lows at their disposal. When you see these people in public, please proceed with caution. They have no regard for human life, not even their own. This strategy isn’t a joke or a Twitter meme, this strategy is for your own good. You can tell a lot about a person by the shoes they wear, so let this be a lesson to those of you that aren’t from “the hood” or “the ghetto” as a lot of you like to call it. Keep your eyes peeled for all-black Forces when in these streets. The people that wear those are either into robbery or have multiple violent priors. This might come across as stereotyping, but it’s a rule of thumb that has kept me safe and alive. If you do housekeeping or work in a kitchen, you’re good in my book, though. Be safe out there and avoid the bookings.
n*gga you are farrrrrr too worried about the sh*t

and if black forces are your daily or semi weekly go to shoe you need to reevaluate your footwear options

4 weeks ago '05        #24
TKO420 
Props total: 4297 4 K  Slaps total: 238 238
 Pyrex said
I also rock a pair of crispy white Forces! But that article is straight disrespectful to people.
I've seen meth heads wear em too. Basically all junkies rock these
+1   

4 weeks ago '18        #25
stonegone1 
Props total: 387 387  Slaps total: 38 38
it's true though,n*ggas get mad when them people tell the truth

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-32online now  21
Video inside Apr 15 - Latin Kings have Announced War against the Chicago PD
206 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+80online now  20
Image(s) inside Apr 15 - Certificate Of Vaccine I.D '19 reactions thus far...
304 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+19online now  18
Why I think Rory And Mal Left The Joe Budden Podcast
99 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
Who is the greatest cornerback of all time skill wise