BX Advice: Getting A New Whip (Long Thread)

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+82  29
81 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

1 month ago '07        #1
2609 page views
57 comments

biged79 
Props total: 5637 5 K  Slaps total: 271 271
BX Advice: Getting A New Whip (Long Thread)

What Up Doe BX Fam.

So I am looking to get a new car soon and I honestly don’t know what to get. The reason for that is I’ve never been put into a situation where I had this many options, so I thought I would like to see what BX has to say. Then It got me thinking about all of the cars I’ve had and the interesting stories behind them, so I thought I would take the time and give some detailed context to my situation and see what the BX fam thought and maybe hear some other stories.

TL;DR - for the first time I don’t have any debt to roll into a new car and I don’t know what to choose.

*Disclaimer* None of the images used were my actual cars except for my last and current vehicle.

Ok so here’s my backstory.

I was blessed enough to have my parents buy my first car. It was a piece of sh*t, but it was paid for, and mine. I got my L’s my junior year in HS and my parents made me drive my big sisters car because she couldn’t have one her first year of college. So I was handed this little gem.

1992 Saturn S series

Once she came back home, I had to have one of my own. So one night, my stepdad picked me up from work in this joint that used to belong to my aunt. It sat in her garage for 5 years untouched. Great for the body (kinda) but it had tons of engine problems. I remember driving from EMU (Eastern Michigan University) during the winter with no heat. Didn’t have AC in the summer either. But I had dope a*s sound system, TV, and my PlayStation in there.

1992 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition

I kept this car until after I graduated and came from home college around 2005. After I started working in the corporate world, I bought my next one. This was the first car I had to pay a note on, but I bought it off my mom so she could get a new BMW 5 series.

2002 Buick Lesabre Custom

I rocked with that one until after I got married, and I got a promotion at work around 2009/10. So decided to upgrade to something newer. I still couldn’t afford a brand new car (terrible credit) so I opted for the used car lot inside the Chrysler dealership. This car looked good but I didn’t do any research and kinda got took. I was paying 352 a month for this hunk of junk.

2008 Dodge Magnum (with the sh*tty 2.4L engine)

Not soon after I got the car, i was let go from my job and spent 8 months at home with the kids around 2012. In 2013, I got a new job in staffing but then FCA called me and gave me a job at the Sterling Heights a*sembly Plant. Soon after I started, my magnum ignition went out, and I needed a new key Fob. So I said fu*k It and used my discount to buy my wife and I a new car. So I copped these.

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited

2013 Dodge Avenger

I worked at the plant for a few years and my marriage quickly deteriorated. Long story short, around 2015, was laid off from FCA, and We had to move Into my moms house to stack bread. I found out she was cheating on me so She ended up getting her own place and I filed for divorce. Shortly after, it came out that she hadn’t been using the money I gave her for the notes, to pay the actual notes. She was stashing the bread, So both vehicles were now in the process of being repossessed.

I decided to get ahead of the situation quickly. Since we co-signed for each other, I called and volunteered to give my car back. They came and got it and I had to get another whip quick so I went and got this from CarRite. man this car was trash but I had a plan and I knew I wasn’t gonna keep it long.

2006 Chrysler Sebring Limited

So my plan was to cop that car, which I had to finance for a ridiculous 17k, and then file bankruptcy to include it with all the other debt my soon to be ex wife left me with. I also knew that I had to hurry up and get another car. So after I filed for bankruptcy, I went to a Ford dealer and happened to get a high interest loan for this joint.

2014 Ford Fusion SE

Thank god there was a car bubble going on in the used car auto industry because apparently everyone was getting loans no matter your history. It worked out for me though but I knew living in Michigan, I was going to need a new car soon because this one was going to start nickel and diming me to death. The car was 4 years old at this point. But fortunately I was able to get a better job with a consistent paycheck, move out of my moms crib and repair my credit. I was able to lease a vehicle for the first time but I still owed and 12k on my Fusion.

So I hunted around for the dealership that would give me the most for it and I ended up at a Jeep dealer. They would give me 8k for my car and roll the other 4K into the lease for the car I have now.

2018 Jeep Compass Limited

So my lease is up in august, and I don’t have any debt to roll over into another car. I’m paying $450 a month right now but I don’t want a note that high. All of my cars have been American made but I’m open to whatever. Also, I recently moved to AZ. There’s no snow, salt, and the roads are good so I’m also wondering should I consider a purchasing a used car. I’ve seen a lot down here in great shape.

Damn I ain’t realize it would be that long.

Anyway, what do you guys think? What are some nice whips to get with a reasonable note? Should I get a used one?

Last edited by biged79; 03-14-2021 at 01:40 PM..
+8   

best
worst
57 comments

1 month ago '07        #2
DaKid91 
Props total: 2729 2 K  Slaps total: 321 321
Where in AZ did u move to?
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '20        #3
confidential1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 41749 41 K  Slaps total: 2176 2 K
Stimulus got people ready to get off the bus

:
+19   

1 month ago '19        #4
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 37145 37 K  Slaps total: 7039 7 K
Checkout Leasehackr forum vendors always post dope leases for under $200, Like these BMW's for $172 -
+1   

1 month ago '15        #5
Prad Bitt 
Props total: 13543 13 K  Slaps total: 1209 1 K
AZ on the rise, people like trucks there but coupe weather all year in most parts no snow
+4   

1 month ago '13        #6
hoodnurd 
Props total: 1434 1 K  Slaps total: 284 284
That’s a pretty extensive list I have mostly euros and jap cars one american that got repo’d sorta like your situation I was giving the ex money for the note and she was partying. Any who I so go japanese american craps out too fast and if you can get a mid grade depending on what features are offered like navi auto a*sist things of that nature no need for leather imo. Depending on how good your credit is your monthly shouldn’t be that bad I recently rented and drive a kia sportage and the ish was nice wayyy nicer than I expected and was on some eco drive system I drove maybe 3 hours daily from the city to the east bay only filling up once a week at 46 prolly. I dog all my cars so I’ve never bought new the closest I had was 12 impala with the cabby shifter I loved that car more than I thought I would but had massive speeding tickets piling up. To sum it up go honda nissan or toyota if you can pony up more dough go with their brother sister companies like infiniti acura and lexus. I’ve driven them all cause I did valet and have come across good people that sell me or give me nice cars.
+3   

1 month ago '14        #7
El Genio 
Props total: 5593 5 K  Slaps total: 739 739
Get rid of the lease...buy a decent low mileage used car for about 5k, stack the rest of the bread...or buy 2 or 3 cars from the auction get your boy to repair them, flip them then use the extra dough to buy a new whip...flip>new whip....flip^2=new whip spending no chips
+15   

1 month ago '17        #8
TeamBrinkz 
Props total: 3435 3 K  Slaps total: 1206 1 K
my philosophy has always been to never really have a payment, I've always bought my vehicles for 10k or less cash. I just don't understand the payment concept unless you really like the car or just have alot of excess income.

450 x 12, you got 4500 right there throw on a car and have no payment? stack for something better.

the compass is pretty cool though? basically just get whatever you like?
+11   

1 month ago '06        #9
Icee 
Props total: 23571 23 K  Slaps total: 1696 1 K
Yeah man, make a list of what you actually want in a vehicle and actually uses that benefit you versus costs. Then play with your numbers until you find a median amount you’re comfortable paying(if you lease and don’t outright buy) .

Honestly man, if your credit isn’t good. I’d buy something used, for about 25% of the price and make a down payment on a property or something. Credit is everything when leasing vehicles. All the advice given in here was great. Auctions, private sellers. Cars actually hurt your credit more than building when you consider the impact they have on your overall score, if you were to look at the amount of points your credit score jumps for a payment versus the decrease , if you missed a payment.

Last edited by Icee; 03-14-2021 at 04:05 PM..
+1   

1 month ago '21        #10
BigGVD 
Props total: 1585 1 K  Slaps total: 248 248
Dumb a*s n*ggas buying these garbage American whip lol

Y’all not as bad as the ones who love German engineering

Go get you a Honda or Toyota
+12   

1 month ago '16        #11
DonLimpio 
Props total: 6826 6 K  Slaps total: 489 489
Do you use your vehicles for anything else besides a regular commute? Do you need a specific type of vehicle for work or personal hobbies etc.?

1 month ago '07        #12
biged79  OP
 DaKid91 said
Where in AZ did u move to?
I moved to Gilbert
+1   

1 month ago '07        #13
biged79  OP
 DonLimpio said
Do you use your vehicles for anything else besides a regular commute? Do you need a specific type of vehicle for work or personal hobbies etc.?
Nope, I only got the Compass for the 4x4 in the snow but I barely go anywhere. I just enough room for the kids when they are with me.

1 month ago '07        #14
biged79  OP
 hoodnurd said
Thatís a pretty extensive list I have mostly euros and jap cars one american that got repoíd sorta like your situation I was giving the ex money for the note and she was partying. Any who I so go japanese american craps out too fast and if you can get a mid grade depending on what features are offered like navi auto a*sist things of that nature no need for leather imo. Depending on how good your credit is your monthly shouldnít be that bad I recently rented and drive a kia sportage and the ish was nice wayyy nicer than I expected and was on some eco drive system I drove maybe 3 hours daily from the city to the east bay only filling up once a week at 46 prolly. I dog all my cars so Iíve never bought new the closest I had was 12 impala with the cabby shifter I loved that car more than I thought I would but had massive speeding tickets piling up. To sum it up go honda nissan or toyota if you can pony up more dough go with their brother sister companies like infiniti acura and lexus. Iíve driven them all cause I did valet and have come across good people that sell me or give me nice cars.
KIAís and Hyundaiís have come along way. Iíve been thinking about those but Iím a big dude and their cars are usually small. Maybe a crossover or SUV
+2   

1 month ago '07        #15
biged79  OP
 BigGVD said

Yíall not as bad as the ones who love German engineering

People buy what they like. I donít think itís dumb to buy American but I do agree that the quality is still far less than foreign cars, even after all these years.

My compass is the first American car I havenít had a million problems with.

1 month ago '07        #16
biged79  OP
 TeamBrinkz said
my philosophy has always been to never really have a payment, I've always bought my vehicles for 10k or less cash. I just don't understand the payment concept unless you really like the car or just have alot of excess income.

450 x 12, you got 4500 right there throw on a car and have no payment? stack for something better.

the compass is pretty cool though? basically just get whatever you like?
Thatís what Iím trying to get to. I got a lease so I would have a warranty. But like I said, Iím no longer in Michigan so thatís why I was leaning towards the used options. So I can pay it off and get back to not having a note.

1 month ago '21        #17
BigGVD 
 biged79 said
People buy what they like. I donít think itís dumb to buy American but I do agree that the quality is still far less than foreign cars, even after all these years.

My compass is the first American car I havenít had a million problems with.
Listen bruh, Iím a mechanic. Stop buying American if you like money

Get you a late model Accord 2015 or better. You wonít go back to American. Parts is affordable, maintenance is too. Quality is high and theyíre the most reliable.

Take a chance on Japanese, will be something different from what you been doing and you wonít have to pray before starting your engine
+8   

1 month ago '19        #18
blackadamwarloc  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 16545 16 K  Slaps total: 2693 2 K
watch a few of this man’s videos you’ll know what to avoid at least

+7   

1 month ago '07        #19
biged79  OP
 BigGVD said
Listen bruh, Iím a mechanic. Stop buying American if you like money

Get you a late model Accord 2015 or better. You wonít go back to American. Parts is affordable, maintenance is too. Quality is high and theyíre the most reliable.

Take a chance on Japanese, will be something different from what you been doing and you wonít have to pray before starting your engine
😂😂😂 aight bet. Say what do you think of Genesis? I do t think theyíre Japanese but the whips are nice.

1 month ago '04        #20
eazyvaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 38270 38 K  Slaps total: 1754 1 K

1 month ago '21        #21
BigGVD 
 biged79 said
😂😂😂 aight bet. Say what do you think of Genesis? I do t think theyíre Japanese but the whips are nice.
Genesis is not my style but they are nice if you looking for something higher end, cool features and what not. Theyíre made by Hyundai but if I was going to buy a Hyundai I would just get a new model Elantra Or Sonata. Them bi*ches fast too

Hyundai used to be trash, same as Kia but both companies stepped they game up the last 10 years.

You ever consider Lexus?
+1   

1 month ago '04        #22
eazyvaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 38270 38 K  Slaps total: 1754 1 K
 BigGVD said

Yíall not as bad as the ones who love German engineering

Came in to say this. Get you a Honda or Toyota, a few years used with low miles. Keep it maintained and live a very happy carefree automobile life.
+5   

1 month ago '21        #23
BigGVD 
 eazyvaboy said
Came in to say this. Get you a Honda or Toyota, a few years used with low miles. Keep it maintained and live a very happy carefree automobile life.
I be tryna tell these cats.

Yall need to pay attention to these immigrants around town who been driving they cars for 15 years plus never thinking about a car note or mechanic
+1   

1 month ago '15        #24
DDD716 
Props total: 8567 8 K  Slaps total: 742 742
 BigGVD said

Y’all not as bad as the ones who love German engineering

Thread!!!

Cheap oil change, cheap parts.

If you're any type of mechanically inclined you can repair yourself.
+4   

1 month ago '15        #25
thirssty58  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39308 39 K  Slaps total: 5546 5 K
Gotta rental right now always makes me want a new car
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-31online now  13
Video inside Apr 15 - Latin Kings have Announced War against the Chicago PD
212 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+16online now  7
Apr 15 - Single NJ deli doing $35,000 in sales valued at $100 million in the s..
73 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  5
Who is the greatest cornerback of all time skill wise
162 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  4
Image(s) inside Juelz Santana's Miami Trip Canceled After Feds Say He Tested Positive ..
201 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy