SQL Injection: Overview For Beginners

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+18  326
241 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

2 months ago '20        #1
1581 page views
17 comments

OrganizedChaos  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1495 1 K  Slaps total: 46 46
SQL Injection: Overview For Beginners

Full Guide/Overview: visit this link https://cybercoastal.com/ .. for-beginners/

SQL injection is the most common and devastating attack that attackers can use to take control of data-driven web applications and websites. It is a code injection technique that exploits a security vulnerability in a website or applicationís software. SQL injection attacks use a series of malicious SQL (Structured Query Language) queries or statements to directly manipulate any type of SQL database. Applications often use SQL statements to authenticate users, validate roles and access levels, store, obtain information for the application and user, and link to other data sources. SQL injection attacks work when applications do not properly validate input before passing it to a SQL statement.

When attackers use tactics like SQL injection to compromise web applications and sites, the targeted organizations can incur huge losses in terms of money, reputation, and loss of data and functionality.

As an ethical hacker or penetration tester (hereafter, pen tester), you must possess sound knowledge of SQL injection techniques and be able protect against them in diverse ways such as using prepared statements with bind parameters, whitelist input validation, and user-supplied input escaping.....
+19   

best
worst
17 comments

2 months ago '12        #2
halochicken  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1637 1 K  Slaps total: 183 183
Good article

2 months ago '11        #3
bkamagnum 
Props total: 1798 1 K  Slaps total: 365 365
yea good sh*t

2 months ago '04        #4
goldenchild7317 
Props total: 1007 1 K  Slaps total: 138 138
This n*gga the king of this sh*t

+3   

2 months ago '16        #5
AfroBucks88  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 72539 72 K  Slaps total: 2784 2 K
props

2 months ago '04        #6
eazyvaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 38908 38 K  Slaps total: 1778 1 K
Bruh, we went through this about 6 or 7 years ago. We spent about a month turning all of our queries into parameterized queries. F*cked up things was that most of our applications were only available to employees in our Intranet but we had to do that sh!t anyway.

We tried to get out of it because both our DBMS had a good database extraction layer built in but we had to do that sh!t anyway.

+5   

2 months ago '21        #7
Keithf87 
Props total: 3362 3 K  Slaps total: 197 197
Let's Goooooo!!!

2 months ago '18        #8
BlaqThum 
Props total: 11518 11 K  Slaps total: 732 732
 eazyvaboy said
Bruh, we went through this about 6 or 7 years ago. We spent about a month turning all of our queries into parameterized queries. F*cked up things was that most of our applications were only available to employees in our Intranet but we had to do that sh!t anyway.

We tried to get out of it because both our DBMS had a good database extraction layer built in but we had to do that sh!t anyway.

Iím tryna get in coding Iím fina cop a m1 Mac book for it... I was thinking using code academy to learn but I wanna know whatís the best language to learn if you wanna do some Indy work for Apple... I have no background with this at all but I just be having free time and Iíve read just about every book I wanted to in the past few months so now I wanna learn something to help generate bread as a good side hustle and maybe turn it into some stay at home work.... Is learning to code for Apple products a good idea? And if so why or why not.... What would I recommend learning so in the next two years I could make some bread off that? So far Iíve read that u need to learn c+++ to code for OS not sure what that means but if you can point me in the rite direction bro That be righteous.

2 months ago '04        #9
 BlaqThum said
Iím tryna get in coding Iím fina cop a m1 Mac book for it... I was thinking using code academy to learn but I wanna know whatís the best language to learn if you wanna do some Indy work for Apple... I have no background with this at all but I just be having free time and Iíve read just about every book I wanted to in the past few months so now I wanna learn something to help generate bread as a good side hustle and maybe turn it into some stay at home work.... Is learning to code for Apple products a good idea? And if so why or why not.... What would I recommend learning so in the next two years I could make some bread off that? So far Iíve read that u need to learn c+++ to code for OS not sure what that means but if you can point me in the rite direction bro That be righteous.
Swift is Apple's coding language and I think they use Objective-C to maintain they're old legacy sh!t. Full disclosure - I've never programmed in either of those languages nor have I worked on any Apple products. I don't know enough about Apple to know why you would need C++. Not going to try to act like I know stuff I don't. My shop did everything in Java and JavaScript and now I don't develop anymore; I do cyber and run the CI/CD team pushing code packages to our cloud instances. I've read some articles saying that they're iCloud has a Java back end and that Apple has a lot of job postings for Python. Any object-oriented programming language like C++, Java or Python is where I would start. You want to have a good foundation of using classes and objects as well as inheritance, encapsulation, etc.

There are a lot of smart cats on BX that have f*cked with Apple so I am sure they will chime in. Once you get a good foundation, it won't be to hard to learn a different Syntax.

Best of luck to you fam!
+1   

2 months ago '05        #10
bi0  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 24896 24 K  Slaps total: 2272 2 K
Definitely enjoy running through these

in my test lab.

2 months ago '18        #11
BlaqThum 
 eazyvaboy said
Swift is Apple's coding language and I think they use Objective-C to maintain they're old legacy sh!t. Full disclosure - I've never programmed in either of those languages nor have I worked on any Apple products. I don't know enough about Apple to know why you would need C++. Not going to try to act like I know stuff I don't. My shop did everything in Java and JavaScript and now I don't develop anymore; I do cyber and run the CI/CD team pushing code packages to our cloud instances. I've read some articles saying that they're iCloud has a Java back end and that Apple has a lot of job postings for Python. Any object-oriented programming language like C++, Java or Python is where I would start. You want to have a good foundation of using classes and objects as well as inheritance, encapsulation, etc.

There are a lot of smart cats on BX that have f*cked with Apple so I am sure they will chime in. Once you get a good foundation, it won't be to hard to learn a different Syntax.

Best of luck to you fam!
So Java and python is good for a foundational purposes to start?

2 months ago '04        #12
 BlaqThum said
So Java and python is good for a foundational purposes to start?
In my opinion, you can't go wrong with Java for getting a good foundation. Once you get a grasp of the basics like variables, conditionals, looping, and some other things etc., you will see that most of that will carry over to all of the other languages.
+1   

2 months ago '18        #13
BlaqThum 
 eazyvaboy said
In my opinion, you can't go wrong with Java for getting a good foundation. Once you get a grasp of the basics like variables, conditionals, looping, and some other things etc., you will see that most of that will carry over to all of the other languages.
Java it is preciate the help bro
+1   

2 months ago '04        #14
ATLDOPEBOI24 
Props total: 17096 17 K  Slaps total: 2373 2 K
Need to get back on learning this sh*t, kids being at home messed me up

2 months ago '20        #15
OrganizedChaos  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
 eazyvaboy said
1000% agree
+1   

2 months ago '09        #16
wettems35 
Props total: 2576 2 K  Slaps total: 103 103
 eazyvaboy said
Everything you just said is what I've learned so far in javascript

Now it makes sense when everyone says they're all similar with small differences in Syntax
+2   

2 months ago '20        #17
OrganizedChaos  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
 wettems35 said
Everything you just said is what I've learned so far in javascript

Now it makes sense when everyone says they're all similar with small differences in Syntax
Yup

2 months ago '21        #18
RackboyCam 
Props total: 184 184  Slaps total: 44 44
 BlaqThum said
If you want to develop Apple products you must use XCode with swift or obj C. But before that you should learn programming fundamentals, CS50 from Edís is a good place to start . Learn about data structures, functions, algorithms etc first then languages become easy to pick up as itís just syntax

That being said, most sites these days are not susceptible to sql injection hacks with most Wordpress sites on php8+ Youíd have to dig real hard to find a site this attack will work on
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  27
Juicy J buys safemoon !!!!
64 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+51online now  26
Gentrifying Black Culture
94 comments
23 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+28online now  23
May 14 - Senate Commitee CONFIRMS animals kept dying during COV19 Vax trials...
79 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+55online now  12
PWinsider: New Jack has died
131 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy