Anyone Else Into FPV/Drones Flying?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

1 month ago '05        #1
2015 page views
48 comments

Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7356 7 K  Slaps total: 2049 2 K
Anyone Else Into FPV/Drone Flying?

I decided to get the DJI Mavic Mini when it dropped in 2019 and fell in love with it. Been flying in my free time ever since...The Mavic Mini is basically an entry level drone for aerial cinematography. If you want to get into flying as a hobbie or for aeriel cinematography the Mini is the way to go...ftr it may be small but is not a toy.

now i want to fly with the big boys..I want to get into FPV(First Person View) and possibly fpv racing....the problem is if you want to get into fpv. Its best to learn to build the drone from scratch to understand how it works but i dont want to do that right now...its a tedious process. I just want to learn the controls and fly...

Earlier this month DJI released its first FPV Drone with goggles and everything included.... you're up and flying right out the box...what yall think???

Last edited by Sizzler01; 03-09-2021 at 01:11 PM..
+17   

best
worst
48 comments

1 month ago '04        #2
patt24 
Props total: 10162 10 K  Slaps total: 1278 1 K
That DJI FPV looks crazy.

I have the Mavic Mini as well, love it.
+4   

1 month ago '05        #3
Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
 patt24 said
That DJI FPV looks crazy.

I have the Mavic Mini as well, love it.
yessir...

I got a set up that allows me to fly the mini in fpv mode...i basically followed his instructions and it was a go. I found the headset on ebay for 30$ and i got the cord from amazon.

+7   

1 month ago '04        #4
scarlaf0n 
Props total: 1609 1 K  Slaps total: 339 339
I was thinking of getting myself one, but I need to read the rules for it for Quebec Canada first, I really don't see people using them out here, so I am unsure about where I could use them
+4   

1 month ago '05        #5
Dat 1 Dude 
Props total: 944 944  Slaps total: 70 70
I don't have FPV but I did go flying today to get some pics of our youth Pee Wee facility in order to put a bid in to get the Middle school state championship game here...

A few pics:

+13   

1 month ago '04        #6
franchise  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 7320 7 K  Slaps total: 718 718

+5   

1 month ago '05        #7
 scarlaf0n said
I was thinking of getting myself one, but I need to read the rules for it for Quebec Canada first, I really don't see people using them out here, so I am unsure about where I could use them
yea man, do your research...its a pretty enjoyable hobby.. and im sure you have some beautiful scenery in Canada, to capture...
+4   

1 month ago '05        #8
 Dat 1 Dude said
I don't have FPV but I did go flying today to get some pics of our youth Pee Wee facility in order to put a bid in to get the Middle school state championship game here...

A few pics:

Dope...
do you fly commercially? for gigs?

1 month ago '05        #9
Dat 1 Dude 
Props total: 944 944  Slaps total: 70 70
 Sizzler01 said
Dope...
do you fly commercially? for gigs?
Had nothing to do during the first few summer months of quarantine so bought a drone since I have this field where I can fly freely then a few weeks ago my real estate friend who knows I do photography asked me to do a shoot for his house and I brought the drone out for him. It was my first shoot with it and I've done another since. If he asks me to do another then I'll probably upgrade my drone and add real estate shoots to my packages.
+1   

1 month ago '04        #10
patt24 
Props total: 10162 10 K  Slaps total: 1278 1 K
 Sizzler01 said
yessir...

I got a set up that allows me to fly the mini in fpv mode...i basically followed his instructions and it was a go. I found the headset on ebay for 30$ and i got the cord from amazon.

That's dope. I wish I didn't live so close to the Airport. I'd fly all the time.
+1   

1 month ago '05        #11
 Dat 1 Dude said
Had nothing to do during the first few summer months of quarantine so bought a drone since I have this field where I can fly freely then a few weeks ago my real estate friend who knows I do photography asked me to do a shoot for his house and I brought the drone out for him. It was my first shoot with it and I've done another since. If he asks me to do another then I'll probably upgrade my drone and add real estate shoots to my packages.
good stuff...i hope that lil guy gets you paid.

patt24 said
That's dope. I wish I didn't live so close to the Airport. I'd fly all the time.
they have apps that can basically tell you were you can and cant fly . Im sure you could find remote places to fly in your city away from the airport.

check out the apps
Kittyhawk and Airmap
+2   

1 month ago '11        #12
T-800  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 11498 11 K  Slaps total: 813 813

+10   

1 month ago '14        #13
DavidAames 
Props total: 22150 22 K  Slaps total: 1013 1 K
Fire!!!

1 month ago '06        #14
Be Easy 
Props total: 14445 14 K  Slaps total: 1746 1 K
what exactly do you not know about flying one from the mini?

1 month ago '17        #15
Higher 
Props total: 1328 1 K  Slaps total: 162 162
cool thread!
+1   

1 month ago '20        #16
Maci 
Props total: 3240 3 K  Slaps total: 243 243
Interesting

1 month ago '16        #17
aquisite04  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 9859 9 K  Slaps total: 1107 1 K
Always wanted a drone with a high resolution camera that records. Have to try the mavic mini before going to the big boys...seen dji and they look expensive
+3   

1 month ago '05        #18
 Be Easy said
what exactly do you not know about flying one from the mini?
when flying a regular drone like the mini or phantom. the controls are simplified or certain movements are limited. This is called normal mode or sport mode. when flying a Fpv drone, you're free to maneuver the drone in anyway...this is called Manual Mode or Acro Mode, short for (acrobatic) .. and it takes skill to fly in acro mode because some of the stick movements are combined into 1, if you get what i mean...i need more practice...

peep the second vid in op..

Last edited by Sizzler01; 03-10-2021 at 07:11 AM..
+2   

1 month ago '18        #19
S-Class 
Props total: 70828 70 K  Slaps total: 6827 6 K
I want a drone

1 month ago '06        #20
Be Easy 
Props total: 14445 14 K  Slaps total: 1746 1 K
 Sizzler01 said
when flying a regular drone like the mini or phantom. the controls are simplified or certain movements are limited. This is called normal mode or sport mode. when flying a Fpv drone, you're free to maneuver the drone in anyway...this is called Manual Mode or Acro Mode, short for (acrobatic) .. and it takes skill to fly in acro mode because some of the stick movements are combined into 1, if you get what i mean...i need more practice...

peep the second vid in op..
yeah, I was practicing with a micro drone

I’m talking fits in the palm of your hands

then I’ll get into the next sh*t

I’d like to get paid for filming sh*t
+1   

1 month ago '04        #21
scarlaf0n 
Props total: 1609 1 K  Slaps total: 339 339
 Sizzler01 said
yea man, do your research...its a pretty enjoyable hobby.. and im sure you have some beautiful scenery in Canada, to capture...
So I did my research, and as long as I am using the Mini, I should be good to use it when I am not near an air port.

I look at the price range, and the price difference between the Mini and the Mini II is significant.

My question is, is it worth to pay around 70% more for the Mini II, or should I go for the original Mini ?

First time user, so I am unsure I want to ditch so much on my first drone.

I do alot of hike, rollerblade and bicycle during the summer, and was thinking of using that at the same time
+1   

1 month ago '05        #22
 scarlaf0n said
So I did my research, and as long as I am using the Mini, I should be good to use it when I am not near an air port.

I look at the price range, and the price difference between the Mini and the Mini II is significant.

My question is, is it worth to pay around 70% more for the Mini II, or should I go for the original Mini ?

First time user, so I am unsure I want to ditch so much on my first drone.

I do alot of hike, rollerblade and bicycle during the summer, and was thinking of using that at the same time
a couple things.

You can get a used mini for cheap right now on ebay. The mini 2 has better specs and a zoom feature(thats pretty nice)...but if you're just getting into droning.. i would go for the mini because its the cheaper option...then when you're ready to get a better drone with better specs, you'll know exactly what you want...

with that being said. the mini does not have a 'follow you" feature... newer drones and possibly the mini 2 has this feature. It will lock on to you and follow you when you hike or bike through a trail....

if you do decide to get a mini.. make sure it comes with 3 batteries.
+2   

1 month ago '06        #23
miltownhpt 
Props total: 559 559  Slaps total: 23 23
i have the mini as well... just to relax and shoot aerial shots for properties- get a better view of roofs and gutters before buying investment properties. i live within a couple miles of a private airport so i gotta go through all of the disclaimers and sh*t to fly at the crib. if you haven't flown drones definitely start with the mini. i'm still getting used to the controls when not flying straight forward.

..got the kids some hobbyist grade RC cars so we can all go to the park or go to lake michigan and wild out.
+3   

1 month ago '05        #24
 miltownhpt said
i have the mini as well... just to relax and shoot aerial shots for properties- get a better view of roofs and gutters before buying investment properties. i live within a couple miles of a private airport so i gotta go through all of the disclaimers and sh*t to fly at the crib. if you haven't flown drones definitely start with the mini. i'm still getting used to the controls when not flying straight forward.

..got the kids some hobbyist grade RC cars so we can all go to the park or go to lake michigan and wild out.
i see you're in the mil... im from Racine.. currently in Atl..i cant wait to go back and get some shots of lake michigan..

1 month ago '06        #25
miltownhpt 
Props total: 559 559  Slaps total: 23 23
 Sizzler01 said
a couple things.

You can get a used mini for cheap right now on ebay. The mini 2 has better specs and a zoom feature(thats pretty nice)...but if you're just getting into droning.. i would go for the mini because its the cheaper option...then when you're ready to get a better drone with better specs, you'll know exactly what you want...

with that being said. the mini does not have a 'follow you" feature... newer drones and possibly the mini 2 has this feature. It will lock on to you and follow you when you hike or bike through a trail....

if you do decide to get a mini.. make sure it comes with 3 batteries.
i gotta look at which one i bought now... i have a mini but swear mine has the follow you feature. but i got the combo that came with 3 batteries, extra propellers and sh*t...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+30online now  31
Pooh Sheisty Pick Up Lines : "Yall are a pair of mexican crackheads"
76 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  17
Video inside How is NOBODY talking about this movie?
57 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-30online now  15
Video inside Apr 15 - Latin Kings have Announced War against the Chicago PD
214 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-28online now  10
Video inside I Made Thousands Of Dollars From Dogecoin In Less Then 48 Hours!!
156 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy