Hip Hop Lesson For Those Born After 1985

most viewed right now
Sep 29 - Average Cable TV Bill Now Over $100/Month; “Every Year is a New Recor..
129 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 Cents Ex Jumpoff Booty Is On Point
8 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA KD & Klay - Shoot till you miss
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - The List of Clinton Associates Who’ve Died Mysteriously.
116 comments
@misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #41
Sabotage 8 heat pts
space
space
$17,234 | Props total: 21 21
 datkid72 said:
but the sh*t that bumps in the clubs is HIP HOP. the chinggys and nellys make up a segment of hip-hop music, just like eric sermon and keith murray do.

*saying something isnt hip hop because you can dance to it = retarded*

ok ur missing the point. at one point, lyrics meant something, and now they dont mean sh*t because the artists realize people will gobble it up with a catchy hook and a nice beat without anything else. u know what its missing, substance.

gimme 1 reason why 50 cent, nelly ect cant make a semi lyrical song with that club banging beat and catchy hook
 11 years ago '05        #42
LBoogie2122 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,504 | Props total: 1574 1574
<<<<<<you kno i never seen brown suger?

is that like never seeing roots? or the color purple?

but anyways i think mc's today have more potential to get more personal on their tracks but its for the cheese nowadays so they produce sh*t that sells
 11 years ago '05        #43
datkid72 
space
space
$3,729 | Props total: 0 0
 Sabotage said:
ok ur missing the point. at one point, lyrics meant something, and now they dont mean sh*t because the artists realize people will gobble it up with a catchy hook and a nice beat without anything else. u know what its missing, substance.

gimme 1 reason why 50 cent, nelly ect cant make a semi lyrical song with that club banging beat and catchy hook
because thats not what they are about as artists. if you want lyrical content listen to hi-tek, if you want to dance listen to nelly.

either way they are both hip hop artists

Last edited by datkid72; 05-30-2005 at 10:03 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #44
Sabotage 8 heat pts
space
space
 LBoogie2122 said:
<<<<<<you kno i never seen brown suger?

is that like never seeing roots? or the color purple?

but anyways i think mc's today have more potential to get more personal on their tracks but its for the cheese nowadays so they produce sh*t that sells
naw it aint on roots or color purple love level but still worth seeing

but what u said in that last sentence hits this movie head on. its all about the sell out or real hiphop, the beginning it shows break dancing, slick rick ect

but it has another underlying plot in a love story for this girl sinaa lathan. its a good movie, id reccomend it plus sinaa is nice looking and so is nicole ari parker

because thats not what they are about as artists. if you want lyrical content listen to hi-tek, if you want to dance listen to nelly.

either way they are both hip hop artists
but see, these artists were once that, they could have a decent record that wasnt completely garbage with the exception of chingy lol. dude should just stop.

i figure they see the $$$$$$ and realize they got no more lyrics to talk about. for example look at eminem, he cant talk about his mom anymore, sh*ts ran dry. cant talk about benzino or ja rule so u see what comes of that, songs like

my balls
ass like that
rain man ect

eminem had that one funny song to get listeners and the rest of his CD was actually nice, MMLP and sslp that is. now, he has 3 songs top that are decent to listen to

Last edited by Sabotage; 05-30-2005 at 10:07 AM..
 05-30-2005, 10:04 AM         #45
*HypnotiK* 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Honestly, lyrics isn't first on my list unless I was laying down in bed at night listening to some Joe Budden or Common imagining I wrote that sh*t. I really don't care about lyrics THAT much, but they do have a meaning.
But what yall don't understand is what yall think is bad lyrics up north, is good lyrics to us down south. And what yall think is good production up north, is garbage lullaby's to us down south. We live what they live down here so respect them.

I aint speakin for all the southerners, but thats my lil opinion.

Last edited by *HypnotiK*; 05-30-2005 at 10:05 AM..
 05-30-2005, 10:06 AM         #46
VirginiaHustler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A book could be written on this debate, I agreed with what a lot of you said and disagreed with some of it. I'm not hating on anyone, but let's be real about one thing. A large majority of rappers today are just plain terrible. But being smart marketers, they appeal to a younger target audience by throwing in some strippers and a 300c, and you got every 15 year old glued to the tv and reciting their sing-song hooks at school the next day. I like b00ty and whips as much as the next man, but it don't impress me. Impress me with what you got to say.

(hip-Hop) (n) - A person or group that has a passion about their craft. Able to paint pictures using only words and metaphors, a modern day poet. Not in it for the money, but rather plays for the love of the game.

(not hip hop) (n) - A person or group who is unskillful with words, will often use shiny jewlery and women and/ cameos or catchy beats to cover up their lack of any message or skills. Very c*cky until placed into the company of an actual rapper. Will employ the "new hot thing" to make a quick buck, not concerned with the quality of their product

1. Rakim is hip hop

[pic - click to view]

2. Trilville is not Hip Hop

[pic - click to view]

3. The Gza is hip hop

[pic - click to view]

4. Pitbull is not hip hop

[pic - click to view]

5. Ludacris is hip hop

[pic - click to view]

6. Pall Wall is not hip hop

[pic - click to view]

7. Scarface is hip hop

[pic - click to view]

8. Will Smith s not hip hop

[pic - click to view]

11 years ago '05        #47
datkid72 
space
space
yeah i also respect all the opinions on this thread, and i understand people's fustrations with artists who changed their style up to make some $$$ (nelly, eminem, etc.) if thats were your comming from i feel ya.

but i still stand by the fact that hip-hop is a broad genere with many different artists comming at you in different ways. i also feel that to brand one thing hip hop and something else not is wrong.
 05-30-2005, 10:15 AM         #48
AceCity 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i hate generalization. i was born afta 85 and i already knew that sh*t u posted brotha man. u need to post this up around the hood cuz when i tell ppl common is the man they say im stupid.
 11 years ago '05        #49
LBoogie2122 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,504 | Props total: 1574 1574
will smith was one of the 1st to actually smarten up & broaden his sh*t, when he 1st broke out he was very original & his tracks were funny & good, you sayin will smith aint hiphop makers me wonder if YOU were born b4 '85
 05-30-2005, 10:29 AM         #50
Pacin0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

^^^^Real rap thread is here^^^
 11 years ago '04        #51
Sabotage 8 heat pts
space
space
ok i did some thinking,

u said where do u put artists like luke and 50cent and whatnot

ENTERTAINERS. they are rap, but not hiphop
 05-30-2005, 10:32 AM         #52
dagreatss 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is the first time i read all the way through a four page thread in a long a.ss time, i agree wit some of your responses, but sayin certain rappers aint hip hop is bullsh*t. although i dont listen to a lot of the rappers out there, thats jus my personal prefrence. but if a n*gga is doin what he love and makin money at it the that is HIP HOP n*ggas from da sout talk about money, cars, and sellin drugs, cause thats what we do. n*ggas from da midwest talk about partyin and havin a good time cause thats what they do. west coast n*ggas talk about bangin, east coast n*ggas talk about da block and da hood. so what might be real to u may not be to da next n*gga. i guess what u refer to as real hip hop is the n*ggas that got universal appeal like jay, nas, big, pac etc. dem n*ggas aint no mo real than da next n*gga they jus had a better gift for gettin they message across. so dont critisize a certain artist jus cause u cant relate cause in da end its all HIP HOP
 11 years ago '05        #53
datkid72 
space
space
^^^
real talk
 05-30-2005, 10:34 AM         #54
*HypnotiK* 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dagreatss said:
this is the first time i read all the way through a four page thread in a long a.ss time, i agree wit some of your responses, but sayin certain rappers aint hip hop is bullsh*t. although i dont listen to a lot of the rappers out there, thats jus my personal prefrence. but if a n*gga is doin what he love and makin money at it the that is HIP HOP n*ggas from da sout talk about money, cars, and sellin drugs, cause thats what we do. n*ggas from da midwest talk about partyin and havin a good time cause thats what they do. west coast n*ggas talk about bangin, east coast n*ggas talk about da block and da hood. so what might be real to u may not be to da next n*gga. i guess what u refer to as real hip hop is the n*ggas that got universal appeal like jay, nas, big, pac etc. dem n*ggas aint no mo real than da next n*gga they jus had a better gift for gettin they message across. so dont critisize a certain artist jus cause u cant relate cause in da end its all HIP HOP
^^yup. would prop you but You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
 11 years ago '04        #55
jem120690 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,422 | Props total: 76 76
 Hydraulics said:
WOW
U taught me a very important lesson for FREE
but i can prove u wrong on this:
50 cent is the most hip hop rapper in the rap industry right now. Just hear 'Candy Shop' and u'll know what im talkin about. See my avy for evidence.

start listening to real music....
 05-30-2005, 02:24 PM         #56
WhattaMan84 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lol that 1st bit was joke, i could imagine u a teacher at skool doing a slide show with those pix and ur big pointer stick (SHUT UP!!!!) pointing out these examples. LMMFAO!!!!
 05-30-2005, 02:38 PM         #57
WhattaMan84 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LBoogie2122 said:
will smith was one of the 1st to actually smarten up & broaden his sh*t, when he 1st broke out he was very original & his tracks were funny & good, you sayin will smith aint hiphop makers me wonder if YOU were born b4 '85
PUHREEEACH. Check out his Lost n Found LP. He even brings this up himself about today's hip hop
 05-30-2005, 02:51 PM         #58
trixz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hydraulics said:
ofcourse im kidding dude
but fu*k..i got hate for that sh*t
the fu*k is wrong with people?
trixz gave me hate
fu*k HIM.

lmao, u mad?
 05-30-2005, 02:57 PM         #59
gozo76 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought Hip Hop was the culture as a whole. Not just the music.

Hip Hop has always been Graffitti, MCing, DJing, & Breakdancing.

Graffitti and Breakdancing have been pushed into the background since the mid 80`s and the Hip Hop DJ(proper DJ, not mixtape maker!) doesn`t get the same props as he used to (Jazzy Jeff,Cash Money,Eric B etc).

Rap is something you do. Hip Hop is something you live!(KRS One)
 11 years ago '05        #60
JimDinO77 11 heat pts11
space
space
$20,435 | Props total: 1388 1388
Jin: "We got options, aint that the beauty of music?"
hip-pop rappers aint reuinin' hip hop, they just gettin' all the money...now-a-days n*ggas who aint true hip-hop heads mistake the business from the art, so they give crowns to the commercial a.ss artist, but real recognize real

Last edited by JimDinO77; 05-30-2005 at 03:44 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
2 ugly women fu-k a 15 year old boy at a pizza party
141 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy Reveals He Was Shot At On Highway Last Week! fu-k Whoever Hatin..
151 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cuban With A Mean Cake, OMG!!!
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Philly rapper Quilly gets chain snatched at Mcdonalds
104 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Smash or Pass Pawg Thickii Nickii?...
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dave East | Kairi Chanel (Official Mixtape/Album Discussion Thread)
115 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 28 - California changes law because of Bill Cosby
53 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Bobby Simmons testifying against one of Chicago's Most Feared Gangs
191 comments
21 hours ago