Hip Hop Lesson For Those Born After 1985

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

14 years ago '04        #51
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 36 36
ok i did some thinking,

u said where do u put artists like luke and 50cent and whatnot

ENTERTAINERS. they are rap, but not hiphop

05-30-2005, 11:32 AM         #52
dagreatss  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is the first time i read all the way through a four page thread in a long a.ss time, i agree wit some of your responses, but sayin certain rappers aint hip hop is bullsh*t. although i dont listen to a lot of the rappers out there, thats jus my personal prefrence. but if a n*gga is doin what he love and makin money at it the that is HIP HOP n*ggas from da sout talk about money, cars, and sellin drugs, cause thats what we do. n*ggas from da midwest talk about partyin and havin a good time cause thats what they do. west coast n*ggas talk about bangin, east coast n*ggas talk about da block and da hood. so what might be real to u may not be to da next n*gga. i guess what u refer to as real hip hop is the n*ggas that got universal appeal like jay, nas, big, pac etc. dem n*ggas aint no mo real than da next n*gga they jus had a better gift for gettin they message across. so dont critisize a certain artist jus cause u cant relate cause in da end its all HIP HOP

14 years ago '05        #53
datkid72 
space
space
$3,720 | Props total: 0 0
^^^
real talk

05-30-2005, 11:34 AM         #54
*HypnotiK*  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dagreatss said
this is the first time i read all the way through a four page thread in a long a.ss time, i agree wit some of your responses, but sayin certain rappers aint hip hop is bullsh*t. although i dont listen to a lot of the rappers out there, thats jus my personal prefrence. but if a n*gga is doin what he love and makin money at it the that is HIP HOP n*ggas from da sout talk about money, cars, and sellin drugs, cause thats what we do. n*ggas from da midwest talk about partyin and havin a good time cause thats what they do. west coast n*ggas talk about bangin, east coast n*ggas talk about da block and da hood. so what might be real to u may not be to da next n*gga. i guess what u refer to as real hip hop is the n*ggas that got universal appeal like jay, nas, big, pac etc. dem n*ggas aint no mo real than da next n*gga they jus had a better gift for gettin they message across. so dont critisize a certain artist jus cause u cant relate cause in da end its all HIP HOP
^^yup. would prop you but You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

14 years ago '04        #55
jem120690 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,498 | Props total: 233 233
 Hydraulics said
WOW
U taught me a very important lesson for FREE
but i can prove u wrong on this:
50 cent is the most hip hop rapper in the rap industry right now. Just hear 'Candy Shop' and u'll know what im talkin about. See my avy for evidence.

start listening to real music....

05-30-2005, 03:24 PM         #56
WhattaMan84  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lol that 1st bit was joke, i could imagine u a teacher at skool doing a slide show with those pix and ur big pointer stick (SHUT UP!!!!) pointing out these examples. LMMFAO!!!!

05-30-2005, 03:38 PM         #57
WhattaMan84  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LBoogie2122 said
will smith was one of the 1st to actually smarten up & broaden his sh*t, when he 1st broke out he was very original & his tracks were funny & good, you sayin will smith aint hiphop makers me wonder if YOU were born b4 '85
PUHREEEACH. Check out his Lost n Found LP. He even brings this up himself about today's hip hop

05-30-2005, 03:51 PM         #58
trixz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hydraulics said
ofcourse im kidding dude
but fu*k..i got hate for that sh*t
the fu*k is wrong with people?
trixz gave me hate
fu*k HIM.

lmao, u mad?

05-30-2005, 03:57 PM         #59
gozo76  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought Hip Hop was the culture as a whole. Not just the music.

Hip Hop has always been Graffitti, MCing, DJing, & Breakdancing.

Graffitti and Breakdancing have been pushed into the background since the mid 80`s and the Hip Hop DJ(proper DJ, not mixtape maker!) doesn`t get the same props as he used to (Jazzy Jeff,Cash Money,Eric B etc).

Rap is something you do. Hip Hop is something you live!(KRS One)

14 years ago '05        #60
JimDinO77 19 heat pts19
space
space
$24,972 | Props total: 9049 9049
Jin: "We got options, aint that the beauty of music?"
hip-pop rappers aint reuinin' hip hop, they just gettin' all the money...now-a-days n*ggas who aint true hip-hop heads mistake the business from the art, so they give crowns to the commercial a.ss artist, but real recognize real

Last edited by JimDinO77; 05-30-2005 at 04:44 PM..

05-30-2005, 04:51 PM         #61
48601  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 G.U.R.U. said
<-------born in 1985
lil' young mu'phucka

05-30-2005, 04:58 PM         #62
48601  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VirginiaHustler said
8. Will Smith s not hip hop

[pic - click to view]

im feelin you virginia hustle i w/ you ALL THE WAY on this thread man.. but i gotta disagree w/ you on that will smith.. that n*gga was in the game droppin "hip-hop" classics since '88 first rapper to win a music award.. everything from willienuim to his album before Lost and found been garbage but he is Hip-hop..prove me wrong if im not right

05-30-2005, 05:02 PM         #63
A Son Unique  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i was born 88 and i know all that..

Rakim = Hip Hop
50 Cent = Not Hip Hop

Bone Thugs = Hip Hop
Trillville = Not Hip Hop

05-30-2005, 05:04 PM         #64
chr15  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the whole "this music's real this ain't" has been going on since '85 too. truth is people feel different music, some listen for production, then they're gonna like dre's beats, game, gunit, n them, some people like artists to take it a lil higher with their lyrics, they like common , n nas, some people feel it when artists talk about where they came from in the streets cause people can relate, how you gonna point your finger and tell someone who likes any of these styles the music they listen to isnt "real"

music's real if it moves you , 1

05-30-2005, 05:13 PM         #65
A Son Unique  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chr15 said
the whole "this music's real this ain't" has been going on since '85 too. truth is people feel different music, some listen for production, then they're gonna like dre's beats, game, gunit, n them, some people like artists to take it a lil higher with their lyrics, they like common , n nas, some people feel it when artists talk about where they came from in the streets cause people can relate, how you gonna point your finger and tell someone who likes any of these styles the music they listen to isnt "real"

music's real if it moves you , 1
agree

if yall like crunk cant knock you for likin what u like..

ill admit i liked mike jones album... i hated it untill that time came..
you gotta be in the right mood to like some types of music..

lol i hated mike jones cd till last night i was like fu*k it i feel like listin to mike jones.. lyrically its horrible but its aight.

but im the type of person who appreciates older realer rap more than newer sh*t.

05-30-2005, 05:49 PM         #66
VirginiaHustler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 48601 said
im feelin you virginia hustle i w/ you ALL THE WAY on this thread man.. but i gotta disagree w/ you on that will smith.. that n*gga was in the game droppin "hip-hop" classics since '88 first rapper to win a music award.. everything from willienuim to his album before Lost and found been garbage but he is Hip-hop..prove me wrong if im not right

I put Will up there because he is no longer synonomous with being just a hip hop artist. And in 88 when Will won Public Enemy wasn't even nominated but you know how the Gammy's work. Will also won best rap performance again in 98 against nominees like Busta Rhymes, Jay-Z and Lauren Hill, so you really have to take those awards with a grain of salt. Anyways, I think he is more now defined as an actor/entertainer than musician, and that music is more a hobby to him than a passion these days. While he had many a classic in the 80's (live at union square 88!!), he no longer fits those shoes if you will as an artist. I could use the same basis with Snoop or Cube in how when they first emerged they were lyrically gifted, and had major contributions to the growth of rap, but later on in their careers moved into other areas of entertainment and lost their impact as far as people really taking their music seriously. You can take it how you want to take it, like I said this just one man's opinion. But you can wrap a piece of sh*t in the shiniest wrapping and bows, but at the end of the day it's still sh*t. And for the record I was born in 78, holla back young'ns.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by VirginiaHustler; 05-30-2005 at 05:50 PM..

05-30-2005, 05:51 PM         #67
JerseyFlow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bgrayyy said
i agree with what ya saying lol but who are you or anyone for that matter to judge someone else on what they wanna listen too? no one can say what is hip hop and what isnt yeah we all have our own opinions but dont mean there right
^^^
Exactly ... Easy Mr. Simmons

14 years ago '04        #68
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 4 4
 48601 said
lil' young mu'phucka
1985 = 20 years old = NOT young...

14 years ago '04        #69
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 4 4
 VirginiaHustler said
(hip-Hop) (n) - A person or group that has a passion about their craft. Able to paint pictures using only words and metaphors, a modern day poet. Not in it for the money, but rather plays for the love of the game.

(not hip hop) (n) - A person or group who is unskillful with words, will often use shiny jewlery and women and/ cameos or catchy beats to cover up their lack of any message or skills. Very c*cky until placed into the company of an actual rapper. Will employ the "new hot thing" to make a quick buck, not concerned with the quality of their product
It honestly doesn't get any realer than that...

05-30-2005, 10:49 PM         #70
48601  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said
1985 = 20 years old = NOT young...
sept.6th 1982+1985= younger then me= lil young mu'phucka

14 years ago '04        #71
Skilllz 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,545 | Props total: 5428 5428
Wether you like it or not, these wack people you name are still Hip-Hop... Just not "REAL" hip-hop...

Last edited by Skilllz; 05-30-2005 at 10:52 PM..

05-30-2005, 10:53 PM         #72
Skripchure  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Real" hip hoppers wouldn't give a flying fu*k what others listen to....

14 years ago '04        #73
Gtownkid04 
space
space
$7,021 | Props total: 352 352
 lilsnatch770 said
We should make a book for the dumb fu*ks and just run down the list and name those who are hip hop and those who arent, and maybe even those who used to be but now arent
Fresh Prince is Hip Hop. Will Smith is not

14 years ago '05        #74
Friday 2 heat pts
space
space
$670 | Props total: 104 104
i dont think ludacris and will smith is not hip hop

just becuz u been rapping for a long time dont mean your good or hip hop status

06-05-2005, 05:46 PM         #75
thunwarz12  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there is a difference between rap and hip hop....and most importantly
i would like to add a new genre.......Crap Rap.....so now we have hip hop,
rap, and crap rap! 50 cent has no hip hop in him and he sure as hell can't rap,
so that leaves only one category for him to fall into.....CRAP RAP!!!!!
50 cent is the weakest!!!!!!

Home      

most viewed right now
+16online now  13
Video inside Heather Rose says she likes skinny, ugly and unattractive guys
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+68online now  11
Image(s) inside Singer/Dancer Qui Qui Tzu 😍🍑
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+165online now  9
NBA Biggest Misconception about Michael Jordan
144 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+201online now  6
Image(s) inside This art chick has the best body i've seen all year, Damn!
165 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  6
Article inside Galaxy S10'X' could cost between $1,425 to $1,600
73 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  5
Coldest line you've heard in a film
160 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  5
Image(s) inside Jan 15 - Meanwhile in Florida..Police bust a woman w/ 4 ROLEX WATCHES ..
61 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  3
Image(s) inside Underground BX Heads: Hus Kingpin and CrimeApple get into it on Twitter
31 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy