Hip Hop Lesson For Those Born After 1985

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ghost Face
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 26 - Presidential Debate: Trump vs Clinton [LIVE Stream + Discussi..
1919 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ: Video of beanie getting knocked out and meek crew take credit
224 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
MLB Saddest homerun you may ever see. Dee Gordon hits 1st homerun (RIP Jose F..
107 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #21
lilsnatch770|M 99 heat pts99
space
space
$30,982 | Props total: 472 472
hahah D-Block is hip hop, they've been around a LONG time, compared to some new rappers........

But i totally agree with this thread and i was born in 1988, I just grew up actually listening to all the good artists and the ones you named.......
 11 years ago '04        #22
Sabotage 8 heat pts
space
space
$17,234 | Props total: 21 21
 CoryGunz said:
rappers that are hip hop ( in my opinion)
Mobb Deep is hip hop
Nas is hip hop
Cormega is hip hop
NWA is hip hop
Snoop Doggy Dogg(90s) is hip hop
Jay-Z(90s)

Rappers that aren't.
anyone with lil in their name
G Unit
D Block
the list goes on..
adding to the list

Place that arent hiphop

1.CANADA
 11 years ago '04        #23
space
space
We should make a book for the dumb fu*ks and just run down the list and name those who are hip hop and those who arent, and maybe even those who used to be but now arent
 05-30-2005, 08:58 AM         #24
HearingDeafOne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 datkid72 said:
i think this whole argument is funny. everyone always thinks that the music of their youth (or older music) is better then the stuff out now. i talk to my parents and they say all the r&b groups out now have nothing on the people back then. i talk to my older brother and he says biggie has nothing on slick rick. 10 - 15 years from now people will be saying nobody makes music like 50 did back in the 00's. this whole thread is a generational thing not a music thing. but i do agree with you on the all artist with lil in their name are garbage (except for lil wayane).
the truth, and nothing but the truth.
 05-30-2005, 09:01 AM         #25
Brady_01 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what about the old bone thugs and harmony
 11 years ago '04        #26
space
space
 datkid72 said:
i think this whole argument is funny. everyone always thinks that the music of their youth (or older music) is better then the stuff out now. i talk to my parents and they say all the r&b groups out now have nothing on the people back then. i talk to my older brother and he says biggie has nothing on slick rick. 10 - 15 years from now people will be saying nobody makes music like 50 did back in the 00's. this whole thread is a generational thing not a music thing. but i do agree with you on the all artist with lil in their name are garbage (except for lil wayane).

People will not be saying "no body makes music like 50", they might be saying "no one is as big of a bi*ch as 50", but not "no body makes music like 50". Im sorry but In my opinion if you think 50 is really that good and think people will be saying how amazing he was in 10-15 years, you need to learn what real hip hop is because 50 isnt it
 11 years ago '04        #27
Fameus 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,798 | Props total: 958 958
This is some silly sh*t here this is just puttin a list of the rappers that you like and dont like . And which you think are cool and arent thats like me saying EPMD is real hip hop and the Beastie Boys arent .And when did groups begin to define a culture ? Thats how "hip hop" was always described to me . You might not like all the new sh*t but its a part of the culture .
 11 years ago '05        #28
LBoogie2122 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,503 | Props total: 1572 1572
what defines hiphop nowadays is the question, its growing and as it does change always happens

so now wouldnt you say a def. of hiphop would be an original lyricist who's words connect like water?

because if thats the case than mad mc's could be considered hiphop that's in this thread

because this is judged on content,not word & flow
 11 years ago '05        #29
space
space
if thats the case then hip hop would be

50 cent
d-block most definitly
lil wayne
b.g.
busta rymes

common is kinda weak to me,i like his music & all but most times i dont wanna be hearin that fluffy puff,rightous music especially if you in the club

& tupac was like a poet,he really was better than biggie only because he broadened his vocab

but id still rather hear big k!ll a track about bi*ches & hoes

Last edited by LBoogie2122; 05-30-2005 at 09:24 AM..
 11 years ago '05        #30
datkid72 
space
space
$3,729 | Props total: 0 0
 lilsnatch770 said:
People will not be saying "no body makes music like 50", they might be saying "no one is as big of a bi*ch as 50", but not "no body makes music like 50". Im sorry but In my opinion if you think 50 is really that good and think people will be saying how amazing he was in 10-15 years, you need to learn what real hip hop is because 50 isnt it
see your missing my point, im not a big 50 fan, i just used his name because like it or not he is the current face of hip-hop. what i was trying to say is that people always like to romanticize the past (i.e. their youth). and that no matter what type of music you listen to people will always say that the old sh*t is better.

Last edited by datkid72; 05-30-2005 at 09:25 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #31
Sabotage 8 heat pts
space
space
 LBoogie2122 said:
if thats the case then hip hop would be

50 cent
d-block most definitly
lil wayne
b.g.
busta rymes

common is kinda weak to me,i like his music & all but most times i dont wanna be hearin that fluffy puff,rightous music especially if you in the club

& tupac was like a poet,he really was better than biggie only because he broadened his vocab

but id still rather hear big k!ll a track about bi*ches & hoes
how is common weak, yeah sure nobody wants to be hearing most of his sh*t in clubs but then ur saying artists like mos def and kweli are also weak cuz they dont make club bangers/????
 11 years ago '05        #32
space
space
na common's nice but he's not my fav mc, i mean this thread is based on content & its really sayin that those mindless tracks ppl bump to that dont really have to have meanin aint hip hop which just aint true

ie:rappers delight
 11 years ago '04        #33
Sabotage 8 heat pts
space
space
 LBoogie2122 said:
na common's nice but he's not my fav mc, i mean this thread is based on content & its really sayin that those mindless tracks ppl bump to that dont really have to have meanin aint hip hop which just aint true

ie:rappers delight
they dont have a real hiphop meaning though. their meaning is "gimme ur fu*king money and bump my sh*t in clubs"

its different if their 1 single is a club banger and the rest of the cd is a nice lyrical masterpiece of perfected beats with the perfect lyrics. there is NO reason 50 cent or any other artist should be making an entire full length lp of unlyrical club banging tracks, even lil jons crunk juice had some nice lyrical content
 11 years ago '05        #34
space
space
so where would you put lets say uncle luke or ll cool j in hiphop?

cause they basically talkin bout 1 thing

Last edited by LBoogie2122; 05-30-2005 at 09:40 AM..
 05-30-2005, 09:40 AM         #35
*HypnotiK* 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VirginiaHustler said:
You kids are for the most part morons when it comes to distinguishing music from crap, so I have taken the responsibility to break it down for you. If it doesn't apply to you and you have what I like to call "common sense" please help out the slower students.

Lesson for today: "Hip- Hop" and "Not Hip-Hop"

1. Common is Hip Hop

[pic - click to view]

2. Mike Jones is not

[pic - click to view]

3. Nas is hip hop

[pic - click to view]

4. Anybody wih "lil" in their name is not (ex. lil webbie)

[pic - click to view]

5. Jay-Z is hip hop

[pic - click to view]

6. Gucci Mane isn't even close...

[pic - click to view]

7. De La Soul and A tribe Called Quest are examples of hip hop groups

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

8. G Unit and Tru are not examples of hip hop groups....

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

I could do this for a while but you should see where I'm going with this. I'm not hating on any of the aforementioned rapper(s) as I can't be mad at them for taking advantage of their opportunity, thats the american way. But for your own saftey, know what is hip hop and what is not.
Thanks, I was born in 1986. But all I know is...
Rap>Hip Hop

Last edited by *HypnotiK*; 05-30-2005 at 09:41 AM..
 11 years ago '05        #36
space
space

[pic - click to view]

master p gets no love?

then why does jay z?

Last edited by LBoogie2122; 05-30-2005 at 09:47 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #37
Sabotage 8 heat pts
space
space
 LBoogie2122 said:
so where would you put lets say uncle luke or ll cool j in hiphop?

in the trash, watch brown sugar, they show what hiphop is

50 cent is the equivalent to that dalmation group, too bad not many people like Dre have the balls to drop a decision like he did and come out with a truely talented hiphop label

people like 50cent, nelly, chingy ect sure theyre great for the clubs. i know deep down they have some lyrical skill but their CDs do NOT show that. they make a full length 15track+ LP with all club bangers and featurings and retarded skits.

if 50 made that 1 or 2 club bangers and had great lyrics on the rest of the CD, id have no problem.

then u got labels making these guys out to be the greatest thing in hiphop it doesnt help either
 11 years ago '05        #38
space
space
seems to me dre made alot of money promoting beef in the rap industry throughout the times, i couldnt see 50 rollin with noone else
 11 years ago '04        #39
Sabotage 8 heat pts
space
space
 LBoogie2122 said:
seems to me dre made alot of money promoting beef in the rap industry throughout the times, i couldnt see 50 rollin with noone else
i meant Dre from the movie brown sugar. he dropped from his label cuz they were putting out music that wasnt defining what grew up hiphop to be. it was gimmick-hop. white and black dude and their name were the dalmations. he had a enuff of this sh*t and found a nice MC played by mos def and he wanted to sign him so he made his own label

thats not the entire plot but w/e u get the jist
 11 years ago '05        #40
datkid72 
space
space
$3,729 | Props total: 0 0
but the sh*t that bumps in the clubs is HIP HOP. the chinggys and nellys make up a segment of hip-hop music, just like eric sermon and keith murray do.

*saying something isnt hip hop because you can dance to it = retarded*
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Well Damn DRAKE - PLEASE FORGIVE ME Video out now non apple link come i..
126 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Vado shares pic of incarcerated Loon
121 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Top 10 Amazing Video Games That Never Got A Sequel
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 25 - The Photo This Nation Needs Right Now
66 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
111 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
76 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Waka Flocka Flame Responds To Gucci Mane's Hot 97 Interview
156 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
246 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy