how you think timbaland lost all that weight and got buff?

most viewed right now
NFL Terelle Pryor: "I gave everything I had"
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Well Damn DRAKE - PLEASE FORGIVE ME Video out now non apple link come i..
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Today's world summed up in one picture
50 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Waka Flocka Flame Responds To Gucci Mane's Hot 97 Interview
125 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-29-2005, 11:17 PM         #1
24173 pageviews
19 comments

J_Rey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how you think timbaland lost all that weight and got buff?

i wonder how he did this i know people in my family....who have those things and i was wondering...how he did it so i could recommend them to get on it

Since this past November, Timbaland has embarked on an extensive weight-loss program that has helped him drop dramatically from a bloated 331 pounds to, as of this writing, a husky 222 pounds. Concurrently he is incorporating a protein-rich diet into a training regimen geared to turn body fat into thick, protruding muscles.

"I don't want to be lean and cut. I want to be buck," says Timbaland during an otherwise quiet evening at his mansion. "I just like that look. When you see horses, or animals, like you see a monkey or a gorilla, like, they cut.

"It's a freaky look. When you keep working out, you get to be almost like an animal," he continues. "I like the veins popping out. I love all that."

Improbably Timbaland is even considering entering the Mr. Miami Classic, an annual bodybuilding contest, when it is held this July. If he actually goes through with it, he may very well become the first hip-hop star to flex his muscles onstage in nothing more than a pair of spandex briefs. "I'm just going to do it to compete to shock the music industry," he says. "In the little thong shorts, the whole nine."

Timbaland's journey to physical nirvana began late last October when he met trainer José Garcia at the Forge restaurant through a mutual friend. At the time Timbaland was an overworked and overweight, albeit mega-successful, record producer. He ate sporadically, worked long hours, didn't exercise, and didn't maintain a healthy diet. When he did eat, he consumed food in large portions. Eventually his obesity hastened the onset of health and medical problems such as sugar diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and dry scalp.

"They say that when you're overweight, everything changes," says Timbaland. "In pictures you look older. You looked stressed. Weight does something to your skin; it makes you look crazy." He even recounts how he used to "sleep and snore real bad, to the point where people probably think I'm dying in my sleep. You know how overweight people go [inhales loudly] öNnnnugggghhhh'? And then I'd wake up, but I'd never really get a good night's sleep."

Before meeting Garcia last year, Timbaland had unsuccessfully tried to work out with other trainers. "[Garcia] told me to give him six weeks of my life, and he could make a difference."

Now, thanks to losing more than 100 pounds in less than six months, Timbaland is no longer afflicted by his earlier ailments. Radically transforming himself from a fast-food-nation casualty to a Mr. Universe-in-training has profoundly affected him. "I'm trying to talk to the youth," he says. "I never really saw it. Your outer being is who you are as a person. People say no, but your outside affects who you are inside."

Shortly after he began training with Garcia, Timbaland signed on as a major investor in Garcia's company Physique Nutrition, which sells training supplements. Timbaland also agreed to co-sponsor Timbaland's Physique Nutrition Beach Ball Festival, a concert and fitness competition. The April 10 event, organized by TAI Entertainment, is being held on South Beach at Eighth Street and Ocean Drive.

Billed as "a day of friendly competition between your favorite ös3xy' servers," the Beach Ball Festival is atypical of the cheerily frivolous sun-'n'-fun South Beach parties held during the winter season. Employees from 25 of the area's top restaurants, lounges, and nightclubs, including Mynt, Space, Nobu, and Amika, will strip down to their bathing suits, pair up in small teams of six to eight people, and compete in games such as rock-wall climbing, tug of war, dodge ball, and relay races. The day's host will be 1997 Playboy Playmate of the Year Victoria Silvstedt.

In addition to the games, a concert will feature earnest rock band Live, reggae balladeer Maxi Priest, and R&B casanova Joe, as well as promised surprise guests. The public isn't allowed to join in the games but can shell out $20 to watch the spectacle and partake in an open bar. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

"It's a day of competition for the hospitality industry," says TAI Entertainment's Alan Roth. But what's in it for everyone else? Roth says it's an opportunity to cheer on and support your favorite nightspot, bartender, and/or server. Also he points out: "Usually when you go to a concert, you pay $25 to $35 to see one act. Here, you get to see three."

In fact it was the Beach Ball Festival that led Timbaland, through Roth, to New Times, offering to talk to us for a story. What made the request extraordinary was that Timbaland rarely speaks to the press, and then only if he has an album to promote.

19 comments for "how you think timbaland lost all that weight and got buff?"

05-29-2005, 11:37 PM         #2
coming_of_age 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
u got a pic of how timbaland looks now?
 05-30-2005, 12:44 AM         #3
J_Rey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

05-30-2005, 07:42 PM         #4
13-yearz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J_Rey said:

[pic - click to view]

got dam, he turned his fat into muscle. he looks like a beast.
 05-30-2005, 08:13 PM         #5
Daddy's Home... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 13-yearz said:
got dam, he turned his fat into muscle. he looks like a beast.
Nah, that's still an impossibility..... Fat can NOT become muscle.....

He did a good job, but I doubt there were any miracle cures.... Just a balanced diet, heavy lifting and intense cardio.... He has the build of a mesomorph/endomorph too, so he could put the muscle on easily....

Good for Tim....
 11 years ago '04        #6
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$25,858 | Props total: 340 340
Trainers can work wonders with the kinda money Timmy got
 05-30-2005, 08:22 PM         #7
Renegade 4 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
not roids, thats jsut 50
 11 years ago '05        #8
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,085 | Props total: 28 28
Yeah with money anythings possible
 06-01-2005, 05:28 AM         #9
sebastian 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just because you lost the weight Timmy doesnt mean you gotta prance around in a thong homie.
 06-01-2005, 09:47 AM         #10
TheEncore 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn my nucca Timb is a beast now.... glad to see homie is takin a turn for the better... i was WTF when i was watching Fade To Black
 06-01-2005, 11:13 AM         #11
BaY510BiZnEsS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea, on Fade to Black that n*gga looked like he was losin the struggle.Good sh*t.
 06-01-2005, 12:54 PM         #12
Butch Crownsen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
is the pic real? looks like a fake...
 06-01-2005, 06:27 PM         #13
B.R.O.O.K.L.Y.N 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
GOD DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNN....thats why u aint hear that much sh*t produced by him lately..
 06-01-2005, 06:48 PM         #14
Flozz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good for him.....now if we can get jazze pha to do same....miracles happen....
 06-01-2005, 06:50 PM         #15
hyrolnpimp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The man is still eatin' - His body fat percentage is still high. The man doesn't have a six. I would probably say that his body fat percent is in the upper 20 percentile. The man looks great. That's right- in fade to black he looked like he was lossin' the battle. If he dieted down he would probably look more like be a beast. Timberland looks like he's spendin' more time in the gym than the studio.
 06-01-2005, 07:07 PM         #16
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
331 is a lot of weight sh*t crazy.....good for him, def gives other people inspiration.
 06-03-2005, 09:59 PM         #17
SqUaD UP 2445 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Flozz said:
good for him.....now if we can get jazze pha to do same....miracles happen....

lmao hahaha
 06-04-2005, 07:23 AM         #18
5ive_Micz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ok...tis is gonna sound mad gay, but when somebody said this looked fake (altho I think it doesn't) I took a good look...

...did he shave his legs???
 06-04-2005, 07:29 AM         #19
Plush 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5ive_Micz said:
ok...tis is gonna sound mad gay, but when somebody said this looked fake (altho I think it doesn't) I took a good look...

...did he shave his legs???
Oh sh*t...I think he did it :thefu*k:
 11 years ago '05        #20
assanlb 
space
space
$832 | Props total: 27 27
When people say that with money u can lose weight. its true to a certain extent because money aint gon motivate u every morning to get out the bed and exerciseat a.ss celebrities. just look at the sh*t on vh1 wit those fat a.ss celebrities trying to lose weight and cant
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
79 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
61 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chopped Cheese V. Philly CheeseSteak what you choose?
101 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
188 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Vado shares pic of incarcerated Loon
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Faith Evan breaking the internet
108 comments
1 day ago