Why Do People Hate 50 Cent & The G-Unit?

most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ: Video of beanie getting knocked out and meek crew take credit
171 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Dreamchaser confirms Beanie Sigel got beat up. "U broke the code of ethics on ..
233 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Am I Goin to Hell? Pt 4
42 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Lebron "All Lives Matter" Fuuuuu
429 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-28-2005, 08:23 PM         #21
bigdut1213 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Father Aftermath said:
Me, I'll be truthfull, I'm a fan of 50 Cent & G-Unit. Hate on me if you want, but look at it this way--people loved him last year before Get Rich Or Die Trying, sh*t drops, 3 months later hate him. Besdies make some stupid moves with the Jadakiss beef, which I must say, D-Block is taking more damage then G-Unit is, what else has he done? I can see if you hated him from the start, but why jump on a bandwagon, if you actully like the artist, just dont wanna be the only one what doesnt like him.
I don't know why n*ggas hate on G-Unit, Fifty is my homie
 11 years ago '04        #22
FyreBlazer 
space
space
$2,122 | Props total: 2 2
i don't "hate" them as you put it. i just dislike listening to them. my personal reason is the oversaturation although it dees demostrate that gunit/aftermath can and will put albums out non stop. the problem is the albums they put out are mediocore and seem like they are same thing; it also seems as if all of the gunit members share the same persona, and i'm just get tired of it. on the other hand you have a team like the justus league who also are dropping albums but each album has its own personality so it doesn't get redundant.
 05-28-2005, 08:59 PM         #23
FoulMouth 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I dont think there's an actual "bandwagon". I think, either you're a fan of his work, or you're not. People make it out to be more then it actually is. They think only because one person says "fu*k 50" that they're automatically a hater. When in reality, they're just not on his d!ck for all the wrong reasons, like most people.
I, personally, disliked 50 Cent since the minute I first heard him. I'm talking way before he got shot 9 times. When his voice made him sound like a little bi*ch. Dont get me wrong, he has some pretty good tracks and mixtape cuts, but overall, no thanks.
I'm a big fan of Banks and really enjoy Olivia's stuff though. I like lyrics, good lyrics. 95% of 50 Cent's lyrical content is garbage. His delivery puts me to sleep aswell and sometimes I cant even make out what he says. Also, his mentality is, I'm better then you because I moved more units in a day, then you did a whole year. That's how he thinks. It aint about lyrical skill with him and most of the G-Unit. It's "check the soundscan". That aint real hiphop. Not to mention he's probably the most hypocritical emcee out right now. Bashing Ja about singing hooks, sounding R&B, doin' tracks with R&B chicks, when he does the same thing. I mean, dude's now KNOWN for singing hooks. I give props where props are due but 50 Cent is extremely overated. Yeah he makes catchy tracks but so do the Backstreet Boys.

Last edited by FoulMouth; 05-28-2005 at 09:01 PM..
 05-28-2005, 09:06 PM         #24
Plush 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't know why people doesn't like em but I know why I never liked em and I never will...

1. I think they're all wack as hell (Banks is the best and he's AVERAGE at best...people callin him "lyricist" need to listen some Ras Kass...)

2. They start beef for publicity stunt and as far as MUSIC (I repeat,MUSIC, not album sales) 99% of the time they got k!lled (In my opinion...)

3. 50 doesn't rap to me...he mumbles (and he thinks he can diss Nas... )

4. Banks sounds like Fab (Listen to the first bars of "I'm so fly"... :eek: )

5. Yayo & Buck are insignificant for me...just insignificant...

6. There's at least 100 better artists then them that'll never sell as much (Beanie Sigel, Redman, Talib Kweli, Ras Kass etc.)

and BTW
95% of 50 Cent's lyrical content is garbage. His delivery puts me to sleep aswell and sometimes I cant even make out what he says. Also, his mentality is, I'm better then you because I moved more units in a day, then you did a whole year. That's how he thinks. It aint about lyrical skill with him and most of the G-Unit. It's "check the soundscan". That aint real hiphop. Not to mention he's probably the most hypocritical emcee out right now. Bashing Ja about singing hooks, sounding R&B, doin' tracks with R&B chicks, when he does the same thing. I mean, dude's now KNOWN for singing hooks. I give props where props are due but 50 Cent is extremely overated. Yeah he makes catchy tracks but so do the Backstreet Boys.

^^^REAL TALK

Last edited by Plush; 05-28-2005 at 09:09 PM..
 05-28-2005, 09:19 PM         #25
eNcrypTioN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I like the 50's music but i no longer have as much respect for him... he's made some poor choices... What goes around comes around
 05-28-2005, 09:47 PM         #26
Father Aftermath 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Y'all made some good points. I just wanted to point it out and put it in the bigger pictures and make people think, why are they hating on him. And after you think about it that isint real hip-hop. Like check the soundscan, but you have to look at it from 50's perspective, get out of the hood, and make as much money as possible. He's not in this to make friends, nor make "classic" albums. He's simply in this for the money. Everything from Get Rich Or Die Trying, and before it was fire to me. Like all the mixtapes, and "Guess Who's Back" & "Power Of The Dollar". But after Get Rich Or Die Trying sold 11x Million, he went from the mentality of trying to make it to I made it, and now I'm a legened. In which he's not, but he will always be remebered as the cat who sold 11x million.

One last thing, the whole reason for this thread is for making people know, if they are hating, they need a legitimate reason. Like if 50 was to die tommrow, they would all be like damn R.I.P., not "Good, im glad hes dead"

Word.
 05-28-2005, 09:49 PM         #27
MR. ExCLUSIVEs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 Cent & G-Unit ARE

The Richest Rappers out right now
The Most Consistant Rapping Group Out Right Now
A Group That Makes Nothing but HITS
Without A Question The Hottest Rap Group Out right Now

and when your so powerful
and your the best people will hate you

(just like the Yankees)
whether you likke it or not

Dipset is the next movment

sada pizzle :cool:

Last edited by MR. ExCLUSIVEs; 05-28-2005 at 09:51 PM..
 05-28-2005, 10:00 PM         #28
Strider 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
because he is better than their favourite artist

i just cant understand how people can dislike their music

fu*kin that new tony yayo & g-unit song is flames
 05-28-2005, 10:02 PM         #29
Father Aftermath 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Most of G-Unit's new music has been fire.
 11 years ago '04        #30
jdawgkemp 
space
space
$2,136 | Props total: 0 0
 Plush said:
4. Banks sounds like Fab (Listen to the first bars of "I'm so fly"... :eek: )
Um so youre saying if a rapper sounds like another rapper for like 2-3 bars in a song theyre copying them? TRY AGAIN. Banks was rapping back when Fab came out, he didnt steal sh*t from Fab. There are other punchline rappers out there that sound similar (Cassidy) so lets please stop with the copying Fab sh*t.

Not to mention they flow much differently from each other...
 05-28-2005, 10:29 PM         #31
bone1999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I've heard enough songs about guns.
I don't need to hear someone else talk about how much money they have.
50 and Banks sound the same.
Neither of them sound good -- they sound tired.
Lyrics are not 50's strong point, to put it lightly (his diss songs are embarassing...)
When I listen to music, I actually LISTEN.
I prefer music with meaning.

That's just a few reasons why I don't like (not hate) 50 and G-Unit. If I'm dancing or whatever, then yea, throw on a G-Unit or Nelly song way before you put Pac, Bone Thugs, or Talib Kweli in. But 90% of the time that I'm listening to music, I'm not dancing -- I'm walking/jogging/driving/relaxing, etc. I don't need to dance while I'm walk down the street, driving to school, or while I'm doing anything else that I normally do while listening to music -- so 50 and G-Unit don't really have a purpose for me.
 05-28-2005, 10:34 PM         #32
bigdut1213 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MR. ExCLUSIVEs said:
50 Cent & G-Unit ARE

The Richest Rappers out right now
The Most Consistant Rapping Group Out Right Now
A Group That Makes Nothing but HITS
Without A Question The Hottest Rap Group Out right Now

and when your so powerful
and your the best people will hate you

(just like the Yankees)
whether you likke it or not

Dipset is the next movment

sada pizzle :cool:
Amen to that, but I don't think Dip as a whole will blow, just Juelz and k!lla and maybe J.R.
 05-28-2005, 10:35 PM         #33
bigdut1213 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And Fab and Banks are both East Coast rappers so its INEVITABLE that they will sound like each other at one point or another

Last edited by bigdut1213; 05-28-2005 at 10:35 PM..
 05-29-2005, 01:34 AM         #34
FoulMouth 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Father Aftermath said:
Like check the soundscan, but you have to look at it from 50's perspective, get out of the hood, and make as much money as possible. He's not in this to make friends, nor make "classic" albums. He's simply in this for the money.
No, I dont have to do anything. I listen to hiphop because I want good music and lyrics with a point to them. I dont give a sh*t about 50's past, how poor he was and how rich he's become. Hiphop has seen the "rags to riches" "I made it out the hood" story countless times. That doesnt give him an excuse to be garbage, nor is it a valid excuse for his hypocritical statements or the fact that he talks too much sh*t then he can actually handle. It's a sad day when an artist is out to make as much money as he can and not give a sh*t about what he's selling to the public/consumers/fans.

As for the IDIOT who said that 50 Cent is better then all the favorite artists of the people who dislike him, I hope the planet Jupiter falls on you while you're taking a sh*t.
Some of my favorite rappers; The Notorious B.I.G, Mobb Deep, KRS-One, Lloyd Banks, Fabolous, Joe Budden, LL Cool J, Royce Da 5'9, Lauryn Hill, Mos Def, Busta Rhymes, MC Lyte, Ice Cube, Knocturnal, Purple Gang, A Tribe Called Quest, Outkast ON THEIR WORST DAY>>>50 Cent.
 05-29-2005, 07:10 AM         #35
ROC da MIC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
on every song d block talk about k!lling some1 or the drugs they sold
cam always raps about getting his d!ck sucked

this is just their forte

GET MONEY thats why you pick a vocation

and 50 getting money
 11 years ago '04        #36
DBlockinemOut 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,257 | Props total: 10 10
I don't hate g-unit... I hate Wack Rappers.. G-Unit just happens to have 3 of them in there group

Young buck is nice, too bad he had to get someone not even affiliated with g-unit (d-tay) to make the verse of the year for g-unit

i think the beef is stupid, because theres honestly no good reason for it

i run ny, was pretty much a tap out... like hey were rich and can talk good sh*t after the music stops...

when g-unit starts putting out good hip-hop music again... i'll be there bumpin and singing along... untill then

fu*k WACK RAPPERS

i think alot of people think like i do, and its unfair for you to bunch those of us, who think for themselves and dislike g-unit for good reason, with those d!ckriders who hate on 50 and the unit because its trendy...

Last edited by DBlockinemOut; 05-29-2005 at 07:35 AM..
 05-29-2005, 08:21 AM         #37
City Stars 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I (dont necessarily hate, but dislike) 50 Cent and G unit because everything they make now just sounds all the same. We've heard it a million times from all the other mainstream rappers out there, and of course, the next big thing will be exactly the same but everybody will love him. Rap has just really come down to a marketing battle, Not anything that involves talent or good music or diversity. But anyway i dont like mainstream rap to begin with.
 05-29-2005, 10:02 AM         #38
ADrake22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Father Aftermath said:
D-Block is taking more damage then G-Unit is.
how u figure that???
Jada smashed on 50....
Sheek smashed on 50 & Bank$... and Sheek k!lled Bank$ with one line....
 11 years ago '04        #39
jdawgkemp 
space
space
$2,136 | Props total: 0 0
Killed Banks? lmao Sheek is garbage
 11 years ago '04        #40
DBlockinemOut 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,257 | Props total: 10 10
jada's sales went up last week a few points

50 cent's were down 20%

i dunno...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lil Reese has been missing meals.
121 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 25 - The Photo This Nation Needs Right Now
61 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey has some choice words for Stevie Smith Sr.
148 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
109 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Vado shares pic of incarcerated Loon
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
68 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
232 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy