Better Producer, Dr Dre OR Timbaland????

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

05-31-2005, 07:15 PM         #51
Nemisis2k5  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dre 21
Timbo 15

05-31-2005, 08:33 PM         #52
jdubb4eva  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dre He's Much More Versatile, Timba Is Only Good On Off Beat Tracks

14 years ago '04        #53
astrotrain 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,864 | Props total: 734 734
just the way timbaland totally blew me away when i 1st heard ginuwines 1st album makes me choose him. he changed the sound of rnb and hip hop as we know it.

05-31-2005, 09:15 PM         #54
STaRTRaKcLoNe3D  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can't say which better, but I can give an explanation as to which I prefer to listen too...For me, it's Dr. Dre...yeah yeah, he has ghost producers...yeah yeah, he may not completely "make" a beat...but regardless, it's his name on the tracks, and i'd be much more inclined to listen to his beats before a Tim beat. Nothing against Timbaland though, he's def. a legend, but sometimes he's tries to push the envelope and be a little +TOO+ diff. for my tastes, while Dre keeps it simple, but the beats still be bangin most of the time...

14 years ago '04        #55
torious 81 heat pts81
space
space
$86,874 | Props total: 20492 20492
 Mrniceguy said
timbaland can't put a whole album together..example his own sh*t

all those wack Timbaland n Magoo albums
most of the beats on under construction and welcome to our world were crack

05-31-2005, 11:20 PM         #56
MAJ15_P  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dre....he is more musical, always finding new talent(Em and the GAME)
Timbo..reallly ain't done sh*t, except for his wack a*s Timberland and Magoo album

06-01-2005, 03:40 PM         #57
2 sik widd it  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Timbo.......

06-01-2005, 03:59 PM         #58
cdoyle456  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Timbo

Dre is good, but Timbo hasn't made a bad beat

06-01-2005, 04:05 PM         #59
Illin97  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Timbo - people forget the nasty R&B tracks he be doin. He's mad versitile

06-01-2005, 04:06 PM         #60
D.A.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Timbo all the way cause he can produce hip hop, r&b, other genres. Dre fell off IMO.

06-01-2005, 05:12 PM         #61
newjack  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Timbo is the KING Dre is done

14 years ago '04        #62
Da Truth Spitta 
space
space
$1,416 | Props total: 19 19
hard decision, I think the real ? should be, Timberland or Scott Scotch?

if i had to pick, I've have to say Dre for his longevity, but Timbo's my man.

Last edited by Da Truth Spitta; 06-01-2005 at 05:22 PM..

14 years ago '04        #63
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,512 | Props total: 42 42
they both legendary producers but i gotta go wit dre i just like his sh*t more but timbo got alotta hot joints

14 years ago '04        #64
Merdock12 
space
space
$1,147 | Props total: 371 371
Timbo

14 years ago '04        #65
JordanMPM 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,204 | Props total: 764 764
timbo i think gets more creative... tries so many different styles.. but dre. just comes out with knockers all the time...

14 years ago '04        #66
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 4 4
Timbo and Dre are the two GOATs of producing, so I'm glad that this argument was made...

Timbo IMO is better because he's more versatile...although Dre can do R&B Timbo has done it extremely well for so long...Timbo's beats are very complex...to the cat who said its easier to imitate Timbo than Dre...I don't think so...and the MAJORITY of Dre's beats, at least nowadays, are co-productions with others...Dre can't do sh*t by himself...

Timbo is more talented IMO...but Dre is probably the people's favorite in terms of his production credits, and in terms of what he's done in recent times vs. what Timbo has done in recent times...

14 years ago '04        #67
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 4 4
 Mr AirRic said
i dont know wat ur whining about, im just makin a point...and no, my friend, 50 wouldnt be FAMOUS if it werent for dre, and neither would rap...and ya timbo is a great producer but that list of people he brought in arent really "popular" and had no part in changing the game...all i was sayin is that rap wouldnt be nearly the same if it werent for dre, so obviously his beats are good enough to make a huge impact on music...didnt mean to make u all pissy
^^^Whaaaat?!?! Dre and Em helped jump off 50's career...but 50 was doin' his own thing and was already pretty big before he got with Em' and Dre...

If you recall everybody was trying to sign 50...Wanksta? That sh*t was huge before he got with the 'Math...50 would've blew REGARDLESS just because of his nature...Dre helped a lot though obviously...

14 years ago '04        #68
etchasketch 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$5,440 | Props total: 3264 3264
for people that REALLY know music u know that dre has other people help wit his beats. mike elizondo, scott storch, etc. he does the drums and isht, mike does the guitars and what have u and storch does his thing and the mainstream hears that it is a dre beat. look at tht credits for encore most of the beats have mike elizondo and dre. so i gotta say timbo, but y'all people sleep on just blaze. r&b, sampled, grimey/street, club banger, deep. he can hands down do it all and he has that signature sound that lets u know its just blaze but doesnt sound to similar. so IMO Just Blaze>or= Timbo>Dre

07-05-2005, 07:22 PM         #69
Nemisis2k5  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^I dont think Just Blaze is up to their standards IMO. Dre and Timbo been making big beats for years and have got more consistency the Just and have produced the better beats.

07-05-2005, 07:31 PM         #70
IcE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rapswolf said
they both sick, i cant choose, dre beats u ride n smoke too, timbaland beats u dance n party too
yea same here can't pick they both good IMO

14 years ago '04        #71
shadychef04 137 heat pts137
space
space
$5,601 | Props total: 5423 5423
dre just has the magic touch when it comes to sick beats!

07-05-2005, 07:44 PM         #72
westkoastsoulja  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No Question DR. DRE!!!!! he is spendin so much time becuz he is gonna make the album perfect for his last he is gonna be the first to ever ever ever use 5.1 dolby soround sound!!!

14 years ago '05        #73
PussyFiend 
space
space
$5,563 | Props total: 665 665
Dre All Day Everyday....timbo Stick To Makin Beats For Justin Timberlake

14 years ago '04        #74
dipsetrocfan 
space
space
$279 | Props total: 80 80
TIMBO.........look from Aaliyha(R.I.P), Missy, Ginuwine(100% Ginuwine), and people wouldnt have like that bubba sparxx song ugly if da beat wasnt genius. Timbs sh*t wit Jay is all classic and i love how he take slow songs and put hard as beats wit it. He cant rap for sh*t but come on man listen to old as beats like pony and sh*t, dats sh*t better than some people beats now. And yea dre hot as a muthafu*ka too but he get help from storch and elizondo. Timbo do it all himself. Easy Timbo. However Just Blaze is that n*gga. I'd Say Timbo>Blaze>Dre and its all close not like hands down sh*t.

07-05-2005, 08:24 PM         #75
SexyRicanGuy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Timbaland, but Dr. Dre is incredible too, but Neptunes are still my favorites, and Scott Storch is climbing my Producer Charts very fast, but it could just be a phase for him

Home      

most viewed right now
+161online now  119
Video inside wife of brazilian billionaire getting pounded out by security [caught o..
387 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+45online now  91
Crazy PAC bar in retrospect
54 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+46online now  35
Image(s) inside Thick London Asia