New Francis Ford Coppola Edit of The Godfather: Part III Heading to Theaters

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
160 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

11 months ago '18        #1
489 page views
18 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x95
Props total: 119810 119 K  Slaps total: 5385 5 K
New Francis Ford Coppola Edit of The Godfather: Part III Heading to Theaters

"The Godfather: Part III is considered by many, including a movie critic by the name of Roger Ebert at the time of release, to be the worst of the three Godfather movies. But now, it's getting re-edited by director Francis Ford Coppola himself for a theatrical release later this year. So... does that mean it'll be good now?

Coppola is working to restore and re-edit Part III. The version is dubbed Mario Puzo’s The Godfather, Coda: The death of Michael Corleone, named after the filmmaker's co-screenwriter, author Mario Puzo, who penned the source material. It promises to achieve Coppola and Puzo's "original vision for the finale, which has been meticulously restored for the finest presentation of the Corleone saga’s last chapter," according to a press release.

Paramount Pictures plans to release this Coppola cut in theaters this December, followed by an at-home release.

"Mario Puzo’s The Godfather, Coda: The death of Michael Corleone is an acknowledgment of Mario’s and my preferred title and our original intentions for what became The Godfather: Part III,” Coppola said in a statement. “For this version of the finale, I created a new beginning and ending, and rearranged some scenes, shots, and music cues. With these changes and the restored footage and sound, to me, it is a more appropriate conclusion to The Godfather and The Godfather: Part II and I’m thankful to Jim Gianopulos and Paramount for allowing me to revisit it."

Released in 1990, the crime drama starred Al Pacino, Diane Keaton, Andy Garcia, Talia Shire, and Sofia Coppola.

American Zoetrope, Coppola's production company, used a 4K scan of the original negative of the film for a frame-by-frame restoration of both the theatrical version of Part III and the new cut. The process lasted more than six months. Halfway through the project, Paramount notes work had to shift to remote locations in the San Francisco Bay area and Los Angeles as the pandemic spread to the U.S.

“Mr. Coppola oversaw every aspect of the restoration while working on the new edit, ensuring that the film not only looks and sounds pristine, but also meets his personal standards and directorial vision,” Andrea Kalas, senior vice president of Paramount Archives, said in a statement.

Correction: An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated that Mario Puzo was working on the re-edit with Francis Ford Coppola. Puzo died in 1999. "

visit this link https://ew.com/movies/the .. edit-theaters/
+4   

best
worst
18 comments

11 months ago '07        #2
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x56
Props total: 83900 83 K  Slaps total: 9213 9 K
this is gunna be interesting to see if there was a good movie in there

from what i remember, the original cut is a 3hr pump fake
+1   

11 months ago '16        #3
TrillSp 
Props total: 23650 23 K  Slaps total: 2184 2 K
Wait theres a Godfather 3?

11 months ago '06        #4
philly337  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 47843 47 K  Slaps total: 13291 13 K
 TrillSp said
Wait theres a Godfather 3?
+3   

11 months ago '04        #5
1000bluntz 
Props total: 34038 34 K  Slaps total: 8001 8 K
 philly337 said
I heard it was so fu*king bad that I never wanted to taint the original two films by watching it so I get what he's saying, he's obviously kidding. Maybe now it'll be worth watching and maybe after that I'll finally watch the original part 3 to see it it's as bad as people say.
+3   

11 months ago '16        #6
2advanced  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 15406 15 K  Slaps total: 5056 5 K
Maybe if Godfather 3 was any good.... those guys wouldn't of shot up Sunrise Theaters....back in the day ?

11 months ago '14        #7
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 145958 145 K  Slaps total: 33767 33 K
31 years later...
+2   

11 months ago '14        #8
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 145958 145 K  Slaps total: 33767 33 K
the godfather 3 is like the office after season 4-5

it has its moment, but the overall battle has already been won, so there isn't much emotional connection left , there is a story there still and its still a tragedy but its not like an uphill battle.....

seeing michael patch things up with kay adams seems realistic because they were bound to be in each others lives for the sake of the children, they were bound to start talking to each other again at some point ...maybe it comes with time..

but seeing him shun her, for aborting his baby, which in the catholic world is literally seen as destroying life ...thats the biggest sin you can possibly do..to someone in that world...and it was augmente because it was a son....and the apparent succesor to michael......that was more dramatic and entertaining to me ..seeing him hate kay for the rest of his life....but that didn't happen

my favourite character was tom hagen , so maybe i am biased because there no mention of him in godfather 3, it was a*sumed that he already died,

with that being said, it wasn't nearily as bad as peolple make it out to be, its just the expectations were so high
+1   

11 months ago '08        #9
Nut-In-Honeys 
Props total: 20342 20 K  Slaps total: 2151 2 K
The Coppola Cut!!!

Mob Movie Mafia!

The Irishman was CGI trash fest

11 months ago '16        #10
Strong Side Iso 
Props total: 23890 23 K  Slaps total: 3430 3 K
The last half of Godfather 3 is good as hell.

The first half is weird because its too hard to figure out what the hell is happening.

First time I saw those twin a*sassins get k*lled by that master a*sassin at the theater, I was like "Oh sh*t..."
+4   

11 months ago '16        #11
TrillSp 
Props total: 23650 23 K  Slaps total: 2184 2 K
 philly337 said
Sarcasm 🙄 Godfather 3 doesn't exist. Idc.
+1   

11 months ago '20        #12
bipolar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 9001 9 K  Slaps total: 405 405
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
2 was my favorite but 3 wasn’t awful. It was just a bit over the top imo!
+1   

11 months ago '04        #13
!!!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 112718 112 K  Slaps total: 17956 17 K
WInona Ryder was supposed to play Mary. She would've been a lot better. Also they should've paid Duvall what he wanted to come back. Those two changes and it's a much better movie.

I don't see how Coppola is gonna make this movie better with the changes he's talking about.
+3   

11 months ago '05        #14
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 92903 92 K  Slaps total: 12179 12 K
 TrillSp said
Sarcasm �� Godfather 3 doesn't exist. Idc.
It's funny how you dudes try to post sarcasm like people can detect that sh*t through text on a screen

+2   

11 months ago '04        #15
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 29140 29 K  Slaps total: 2296 2 K
I didn't think it was that bad
+2   

11 months ago '04        #16
black_haze 
Props total: 161 161  Slaps total: 17 17
I know its not happening but i want godfather 4 make it happen while most of the cast is still alive

2 months ago '20        #17
OnlyFactz100  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 83673 83 K  Slaps total: 9199 9 K
 !!! said
WInona Ryder was supposed to play Mary. She would've been a lot better.
Yes, I also heard this. My Noni would've been great in it.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #18
!!!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 112718 112 K  Slaps total: 17956 17 K
 OnlyFactz100 said
Yes, I also heard this. My Noni would've been great in it.
Yeah she would've been much better. Sofia Coppola had a lot of trouble with her lines. Apparently they dubbed a lot of them over in post production.
+1   

2 months ago '20        #19
OnlyFactz100  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 83673 83 K  Slaps total: 9199 9 K
 !!! said
Yeah she would've been much better. Sofia Coppola had a lot of trouble with her lines. Apparently they dubbed a lot of them over in post production.
Sofia the writer and director though >>>

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+48online now  37
OT Sha'Carri Richardson tweets the Olympics are trash w/o..
241 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-33online now  24
Real or fake : PJ Washington signs babymama Brittany Renner to 18 year dea..
47 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-26online now  18
Whatever happen to that kristine leahy chick
59 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+77online now  15
Article inside My employer sent an email: Vaccination or termination